PDA

View Full Version : Moon Called's House

Mr. Moon
2006-09-05, 11:22 PM
On the outskirts of the city is an untill recently abandond house. It is a small house of only one floor and three rooms sitting forbindingly on a hill. The lawn is overrun by grass, but a crumbled stone pathway makes a clear path to the door. The windows have no glass, but instead have wodden shutters firmly shut to keep out unwanted geusts. At first glance you figure that it is still abandond, and grumble to yourself about how someone should get rid of it, but then you notice a small shaft of light coming from inside. Realizing that noone has lived here in ages, at first you wonder if a ghost has taken up resadince there.

Inside, it is in somwhat better repair. At lest, the furniture is. A large box that held the furniture upon delivery is now empty, and the furniture is all in there proper places. There are three diffrent rooms: A bedroom/living room is the first one upon entering, sporting a bed that has been dragged to a corner that recently played bed to a cat as well as an elf, the cat is gone, a portrait of an Elf dueling a Drow hanging above were the bed should have been, a dresser, a mirror and a coat hook.

Another door leads to a kitchen, complete with a fire/cooking pit, a sink and pump. The glaive that once hung over the fireplace is gone as well.

The other room is a privy with a pump, a bucket and a hole in the ground.

((Note: I will probably be updating this from time to time as Moon Called makes this a better place to live, so... yeah. If you want to knock on the door, just make sure I'm online and send me a PM. Kinda like a door bell. It doesn't have to be detailed, just a simple "I'm knocking on the door" or "Oy! Moon Called! You home?" will suffice))

Edit:

"So this is it." a young Elf named Moon Called stands outside the house. "This is my new start. This is my new home. Noone knows who I am. Noone knows who my parents are. Maybe they won't treat me diffrently." she whispers, and walks inside.

Daedrous Avari
2006-09-06, 04:54 PM
Pretty good. We might have to start a furniture and hardware shop for everyone starting new houses.

Mr. Moon
2006-09-08, 08:37 PM
((Thanks! ;D))

After awhile, the door of the house opens and Moon Called walks outside to wander the streets of the Town.

Latter, Moon Called comes running back to her house, opens the door, walks in, and slams the door behind her. From inside, the sound of crying gently wafts out the door.

Hoseki
2006-09-08, 09:15 PM
((Instead of double posting, there's a handy 'Edit' button you can use.))

Daedrous Avari
2006-09-08, 09:19 PM
( I suggest when you come back, use HR to seperate the post.)

Sneak
2006-09-08, 09:36 PM
Sneak walks around, whistling. Using his keen cat hearing senses, he hears the crying and stops. "Huh. Must be someone in distress. Must be someone else's problem." He continues on his way.

Mr. Moon
2006-09-08, 10:07 PM
( I suggest when you come back, use HR to seperate the post.)

HR?

Sneak
2006-09-08, 10:09 PM
(( The HR tag/code (it's not really a tag.
[hr] You just use one, without a closing tag. This is what it does.

[hr]

Pretty handy, huh? ))

Daedrous Avari
2006-09-09, 12:22 PM
Moon, ye can head to Hard-Ware 175's shop for ye hardware and furniture needs!

Mr. Moon
2006-09-09, 03:29 PM
((
(( The HR tag/code (it's not really a tag.
[hr] You just use one, without a closing tag. This is what it does.

[hr]

Pretty handy, huh? ))

I think I'll stick with the tried and true method of the centered tripple-star.

Moon, ye can head to Hard-Ware 175's shop for ye hardware and furniture needs!

*Grins* Thankye.

But... doesn't anyone understand that the Called in Moon Called is NOT A LAST NAME? It's one big first name. Her last name is Whiterose. *sighs*))

As night settles over the town, a full moon sends wafts of light into the small house. It is barely furnished, with only the bare essentels: a blanket on the floor for sleeping, doors in every propper spot, a basic privy consisting of a hole in the ground and MoonCalled's backpack, containing things she collected on her journeys. A protriat of an Elf fighting a Drow hangs above the entrance to the house, wich leads into the living room/bedroom. A door across from that leads to the kitchen, and another door leads to her privy. A stack of books are pilled up in the living room's corner, and a black cat is sleeping on the blanket. Heavy locks are sported on every way out.

As the beams of moonlight send pools of light into the house, Moon Called's sobbing slowley quiets. She falls onto her knees, with a hand placed on the wall to help her ballence. Fight it, she tells herself despertaly, Don't let it happen!

But her struggles are no use. Moon Called's hybread status has a priece, not unlike that of a werewolf's. The full moon shows her true decent, her black hair is now pure white, and her pale skin is black as the night that surrounds her. When the full moon shines, she changes, her body, her mind even, takes on the shape and thought of her Drowish decent.

"Finaly..." the newly made Drow pants. "Finaly a full moon." She stands, and walks over to the door. She tries to open it, but finds that it is firmly locked.

The Drow screams in bloodlust, furiously pounding on the door, trieing to escape. So many, just out of reach. If only she could break out, to just have a taste of that precouse ruby liquid!

But the more rational Moon Called had already thought of this, and had locked the doors. Only the touch of an Elf would open them, not that of a Drow.

As the night passed, the shouts eventualy fadded away. When the sun finaly returned, Moon Called had returned to her normal state. Panting on the floor, she looks around, glad her house didn't have much in it to destroy.

Fortunitly, this only happend once a month, only when the full moon was shining.

For now, she was safe.

Later, Moon Called is feeling better. Looking around, she decides that her house isn't a very good place to live. Remebering that she passed a Hardware store on her wanderings yesterday, she unlocks her door and heads outside.

Daedrous Avari
2006-09-11, 04:52 PM
The Hard-Ware deliery team runs over and drops off the furniture. It's already assembled, just take it out and place it.

Mr. Moon
2006-09-11, 09:54 PM
Moon Called groans, and begins to set the furniture up.

Eventualy, while working on trying to get the bed over to it's propper area, Moon Called realizes that she is not strong enough for this. Eventualy, she stands up from bending over to drag the silver-paint-stripped bed into the corner of the bedroom. Looking around with an exasperated sigh, she decides to pause for a break, and heads out the door.

Later, Moon Called returns to her house, leaving the door open for the Llama. ((I have to get off now, so make yourself comfy and spend the night, I don't mind.))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-09-13, 12:06 AM
(thanks. Sorry it took so long. P.s 3^ is a nice post. )

*The llama goes over the directions the acolyte gave him and makes certain this is the place. He brushes the little bits of snow off his wool and pushes open the door to look around. He sees the elf he remembers asleep and soon goes to sleep on the floor in the corner. He pulls out the blanket that Phoenixineohp gave him. (it protects him in his sleep from stabbity things) Soon he is fast asleep.*

ghost_warlock
2006-09-13, 11:17 AM
Ghost Warlock, roaming fairly aimlessly through the town and lost in thought, suddenly finds himself standing outside a slightly run-down old house. From within, he spies a tiny bit of light.
Who would want to live in such a forlorn place?There was a time when we did just such a thing. Chimed the voice of the Collective.
He considers. Yes, I remember. We did so because we held sacred our privacy.He turns and leaves.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-09-13, 12:55 PM
*Atreyu finally wakes up. He looks around and sees Moon Called still asleep. Nuzzling her once in thanks for a place to sleep, he heads out. A bleat of joy is heard as he discovers the snow is now a little deeper.*

Murky_Pool
2006-09-14, 06:19 PM
A red thing flys overhead, the circles back and lands by the front door

"Odd" it says, looking at the building "I wonder if anyone lives here"

It tries the door, which is locked ((Assuming Llama isn't still playing in the snow)), then knocks hard a couple of times
"Anyone in here?" it shouts

It looks at the gathering snow and the somewhat folorn state of the building "Anyone in here had better be well prepared, this snow isn't going to make life any easier for them"

After stomping around for a while, the red thing flys off
"Must check back here" it says as it leaves

The next evening----------------------------------------
The red thing lands outside
"No change" it says "Except a build up of snow"

It begins to fight through the drift in front of the door, then gives up and blasts it away with a black beam
*KNOCK*

"It's going to be really embarassing if the owner is frozen to death in there" it mutters to itself

After waiting a while, it flys off again.

Mr. Moon
2006-09-15, 10:27 PM
Moon Called is awakend by a loud knock on the door, but when she answers it no-one is there.

Then she sees the snow.

"Huh. Snow." Moon Called says raising an eyebrow.

But intead of going outside to take a look, she goes back inside to work on her furniture with a grimace.

((Next time you want to visit, just make sure I'm online and send me a PM, Murky. Sorry. :P))

Finaly, the furniture is all put into it's propper place. Standing, Moon Called sighes. "Finaly. " she mutters.

Her black cat looks up at her and meows, Moon Called smiles. "Yes, Shadow, I'm done moving the bed on you." The cat blinks in aprovel, and flicking it's tail, it goes back to sleep.

the young elf smiles, and turns to go outside. She's earned it.

Moon Called and Exachix enter, holding Clarabell between them. "Move, Shadow." the owner of the house says, and a black cat jumps off of Moon Called's bed. "Lets put her down on the bed."

Exachix
2006-09-16, 04:22 PM
Exachix comes in though the door that Moon Called opened for him, with Clarabell.

"Where can I put Clarabell?"

Mr. Moon
2006-09-16, 04:25 PM
((Look at my last post. *points up*))

Exachix
2006-09-16, 04:27 PM
((It doesn't say that... where does it say that?))

Exachix puts Clarabell on the bed.

"Right!"

Mr. Moon
2006-09-16, 04:29 PM
"Shadow, don't let anyone in." the elf instructs her familiar, who blinks, as if saying "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

"So, shall we head down to the woods?"

Exachix
2006-09-16, 04:30 PM
Exachix smiles.

"Yep! Got the thing ((compass))?"

Mr. Moon
2006-09-16, 04:30 PM
((
((It doesn't say that... where does it say that?))

*grins*))

"Yup, right here." She pulls the comppass out of her pocket. "I wonder why it's taking us there?"

Exachix
2006-09-16, 04:33 PM
Exachix thinks for a second.

"Who knows. We'll find out there."

Mr. Moon
2006-09-16, 04:35 PM
((So, which thread should we switch to?))

Exachix
2006-09-16, 04:36 PM
((Go via the streets, then say we go out of town. Then onto the woods thread. You post in the streets though as I just posted there. You can say that we both go out of town towards the woods))

Mr. Moon
2006-09-16, 04:39 PM
((Okay, on it. I think... :P))

Exachix
2006-09-16, 04:42 PM
Exachix leaves the house, with Moon Called.

((Just for reference))

Dib
2006-09-16, 05:22 PM
*Clarabell stirs in the bed and looks around*

"huh..? but... dragon?"

*She sits up and tries to work out where she is.*

"Note to self, find out who's house this is and thank them, whoever they are."

*She gets up with a slight wobble and looks around.*

"Wouldn't want to intude"

*She walks to the door slowly, then spots the cat. She smiles and pets it before leaving.*

Mr. Moon
2006-09-17, 06:17 PM
The cat purrs, happy to be rewarded for it's hard work of sleeping all day.

((Hope you found the place all right. I didn't know wether or not you were PM'd.))

Murky_Pool
2006-09-18, 11:24 AM
The red thing lands by the front door again and looks at the ground

"Well, there's some activity so the owner's alive at least"

It looks more closely at the prints in the snow

"Although those are Succubus prints, I wonder"

It flys off again

Mr. Moon
2006-10-01, 05:10 PM
Moon Called enters the house, and heads to the kitchen. She takes the Glaive off it's hook, and lifts it ovet her shoulder. "Shadow, your coming to." she says. The cat jumps off it's post on the bed and follows the young spellcaster out into the streets.

Mr. Moon
2006-12-16, 08:56 PM
Moon Called apears back in her house. ((Heh heh. In a time warped event right now.)) She walks out of her house and enters the streets.

((Sorry for the double post, but I don't want my old house to die! :P))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-16, 08:58 PM
(welcome back to the real timestream, Moon Called *hugs*)

Mr. Moon
2006-12-16, 08:59 PM
((*chuckles* I'm such a newb. Thankies.))

[hr]

Moon Called returns to her house and goes to bed.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-17, 12:48 AM
the kender appears.

oops. i suppose that destro isnt here. i dont even know where here is. am i trespassing. probably.

bye!

Mr. Moon
2007-03-03, 03:39 PM
Night has fallen.

The full moon has risen.

Inside this house, Moon Called has fallen to her knees, her teeth clenched, her fists grabbing onto the carpating on the house so hard that her knuckles have turned white. A shadow falls upon her, obscuring her from veiw. When it recides, the elf is gone, and in her place stands a drow.

The newly transformed Moon Called grins. This time, rather then try the door, she breaks open the window with a sharp rap of the base of her glaive. She climbs out the window, taking her glaive with her. "All this blood gone to waste." Her voice is a grim, hoarse whisper. "What a shame."

With nothing more to say, the drow launches into action, racing towards the streats with a look of crazed bloodlust on her face.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 06:18 PM
*Atreyu stops outside of Moon Called's house, carrying the owner on his back* "ummm...do you have keys or should I try to pick the lock" *he notices the smashed window with a concerned bleat*

Mr. Moon
2007-03-03, 06:21 PM
Moon Called reaches towards the door with a key, and unlocks the door, looking at the window as well. "So that's how she did it."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 06:29 PM
*He pushes open the door and trots inside, taking Moon Called to her bed, so she can lay down.*

"I'll clean up the mess. Don't worry about that. I think I can pray for the window to be fixed too."

Mr. Moon
2007-03-03, 06:33 PM
Moon Called gives Atreyu a weak smile. "Thanks alot." she whispers, sounding increadibly sencire(sp).

The elf watches Atreyu for a while, then falls asleep.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 06:41 PM
"you're welcome. Its the least I can do after all the times you've helped me out."

*He lays down on her floor, keeping an eye on her and watching her cat, pondering how he could get a message to Pxp, since she's probably gonna be worried soon*

phoenixineohp
2007-03-04, 01:05 AM
Phoenixineohp appears next to Atreyu.
"Here you are! I wake up and roll over and there is just a llama impression in the bed and some stray hairs!"
She crosses her arms, apparently not pleased to get the slip act.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-04, 01:07 AM
((Poor Syndil. He feels so unloved.))

phoenixineohp
2007-03-04, 01:09 AM
(Hey! He needs to sleep and gain energy. Breaking out of an egg is tough! Even with an egg tooth! And he has a nursery now. It's really cute!)

Raistlin1040
2007-03-04, 01:11 AM
[skeptical voice]Where?[/skeptical voice]

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-04, 01:12 AM
I'm sorry. I was just going to run into Town for a minute and Moon Called had been in a fight and she was acting funny, so I agreed to make sure she was okkay and keep an eye on her to make sure she didn't turn back into a drow.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-04, 01:15 AM
((In Phoenixineohp's home, which is still off the boards. Hey, I love the little guy. He's going to be a spoiled baby.))

Phoenixineohp raises an eyebrow.
"What were you running into town for?"

Raistlin1040
2007-03-04, 01:16 AM
(([Jawa voice] I don't believe you. Now tell me about your mother![/jawa voice. (Cookie for referance]))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-04, 01:18 AM
I was gonna grab a few things for Kint and Ala, some toys. Maybe some flowers for us in the woods on the way back.

But I heard a gunshot and some screams and I went to see what was going on

phoenixineohp
2007-03-04, 01:23 AM
Phoenixineohp shakes her head and smiles a little at him.
"I can summon whatever they want. Asher can summon it while I'm away. The flowers are sweet but I'd rather just have you there, next to me."

She wraps him in a hug.
"And I... I'm worried about you. Going to explore a gun shot is nice and noble and so something you would do. But it brings up the odds that I'm going to have a Llama problem on my hands again. And... I can't handle that right now... not... after what we just went through... Least wait till we talk about some of the things I brought up... so you can be safer."

She strokes his fur.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-04, 01:26 AM
*he nuzzles her, affectionately* "Okay. I'm sorry that I ran off. Moon Called is a friend and I lost track of time while worried for her. I think she'll be fine now. SHe's doing a lot better."

"Do you forgive me?" *he looks up, looking apologetic* "safer?"

phoenixineohp
2007-03-04, 01:32 AM
She does a tiny nod before kissing his nose.

"We can set up a scry on her. Much more practical."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-04, 01:34 AM
*grins* "thanks. That is a good idea. We'd better get back then, my player is getting kinda out of it"

phoenixineohp
2007-03-04, 01:41 AM
Phoenixineohp smiles and nods again. She checks on Moon Called and then goes back to the llama.

Just before they teleport out a teasing voice can be heard.
"You better be careful, or else I'll make the castle only accessible by flight."