PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Question

Goblinoid
2010-11-30, 10:04 AM
i have a Hellfire Warlock lvl 14, warlock 11/hellfire warlock 3, next level i get Imbue Item as a warlock speial ability, and im going to be picking up Craft Wonderous Item feat. I know a party member wants a Ring of Evasion, but since i wont have the Forge Ring feat, i was wondering what the cost to create some thing else of Evasion would be, like a Hat of Evasion.

Thurbane
2010-11-30, 08:21 PM
According to the Body Slot Affinity section of the SRD, I would say Evasion either falls under protection (cloak, cape, mantle, amulet, brooch, medallion, necklace, periapt or scarab), physical improvement (shirt) or quickness (gloves). If your DM is OK with it, you should be able to make one of the above items of Evasion for the same price as the ring.

Alternatively, you could make in an unslotted item (maybe an Ioun Stone?) for double the usual cost.

balistafreak
2010-11-30, 09:03 PM
Note that Magic of Incarnum has an evasion-granting soulmeld in the feet slot, although perhaps Incarnum isn't the most relevant point of reference here.

HunterOfJello
2010-11-30, 09:23 PM
A ring of evasion isn't a wondrous item, but as a DM I would be fine letting a character use the body slot affinities rules to apply Evasion to another body slot.

As per the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicitems/creatingmagicitems.htm):

Wondrous items that don’t match the affinity for a particular body
slot should cost 50% more than wondrous items that match the
affinity

So boots of evasion would be 37500gp. Expensive, but highly useful for characters with a high reflex save.

~~~~~~~~~~

Note that Magic of Incarnum has an evasion-granting soulmeld in the feet slot, although perhaps Incarnum isn't the most relevant point of reference here.

This would be the cheapest method. Shape Soulmeld feat instead of a magical item.

ericgrau
2010-12-01, 12:17 AM
Or even +50% in the semi-related body slots if your DM doesn't think they're a close enough fit. Or some compromise. Regardless you should be able to do it whether at normal price or an increased price.