PDA

View Full Version : Druid Equipment

alexthemad
2010-11-30, 10:24 AM
I know there are a few posts about this already, and they help me some but I still have a problem.

I'm making a druid, starting at level 12 and have 40k to spend. The problem is, the DM is limiting each item to 5k or less. I don't have time to really search for the best options at 5k or less, so I'd like to ask for a little help picking the best options.

So far I'm thinking this:

Lesser Rod of Extend-3k (maybe a couple)
Handy Haversack-2k
Periapt of Wisdom+2-4k
Bracers of Armour +2-4k
Wilding Clasp(s)-4k
Then mundane items like flint and steel, bedroll...I also do not want to use VOP.

Edit:If it makes a difference, I plan on being more of a frontline fighter while in wildshape than anything else cause our group will be light on fighters.

Vladislav
2010-11-30, 10:37 AM
Edit:If it makes a difference, I plan on being more of a frontline fighter while in wildshape than anything else cause our group will be light on fighters.In that case, you want Druid 11/Monk 1. The Wisdom bonus does wonders to your AC in Wildshape, and you still get 6th level spells.

Levithix
2010-11-30, 10:42 AM
or a wilding clasp on a monks belt ...

Toliudar
2010-11-30, 10:55 AM
One thing to consider would be picking up extra wilding clasps now, if you think that this campaign may go on for a while. That way, as you get those few major items that actually help a druid (I find them the hardest class to buy for), you'll be ready to be able to use those items in wildshape.

The bracers from the MIC that increase reach are situationally fabulous for a melee druid.

Picking up a couple of minor magic items for your animal companion (reins of ascension and horseshoes of speed (nowhere does it say that the animal wearing the horseshoes has to be a horse - get footwraps, booties, whatever) are my favourite) can really help its survival rate and versatility.