PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] NO IX: We Don't Accept Seashells As Payment

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Morty
2010-11-30, 12:11 PM
NO
NEUTRALIST ORGANIZATION

In the northern reaches of the Nexus, there's a base, located under a high mountain. Recently, it has been claimed by the Neutralist Organization, a band of mercenaries.
Neutralist Organization is a group which purpose is to be the neutral force. It's a congregation of mercenaries who solve problems and do dirty work for anyone who pays, regardless of their moral and social standing. Their only rule is: no assasinations. NO can't be hired to murder anyone, as it'd quickly lead to the group being persecuted and vilified.
NO accepts anyone who is skilled and competent and who doesn't have any strong loyalties or vester interest in any of the various groups of the Nexus.

OOC Rules:
1. No godmodding.
2. No destroying the whole place. No, not even then.
3. Keep the curtains to a reasonable amount.

The base consists of several buildings located in the cold regions of the Nexus. It tends to snow a lot. It resembles an arctic base somewhat, but is much more friendly and hospitable.
Layout:
One central bulilding, containing the common room, the kitchen, the infirmary, the armory and the tunnel entrance. Four smaller buldings connected to the main one by roofed corridors: One for sleeping quarters, one for the laboratories, one for the training area and one for storage. Also, there are considerably large beast pens also connected with the main building.

There's an extensive cave and tunnel network is located under the base and the mountail behind it and some tunnels go forth to key Nexus locations. Bothe are accessed through the main building. There's a separate door for the complex and the tunnels.

Map:
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/no-base2.png

Defenses:
Defenses:
1. Thick doors and walls, of course.
2. Clockwork penguins who, while not threatening are numerous and obey NO members.
3. Turrets set up by TSA-1.
4. A potent fireball want placed in the main room to be used in emergency.
5. Armory full of weaponry looted from the catpeople.
6. A powerful dimension lock placed on the whole base, preventing teleportation and similar forms of travel inside it.

Current Contracts:

1. Kill Jack Empty.
2. Help Prince kill Jack Empty. Obviously connected to the previous one.
3. Find an abandoned fortress that can be claimed.

List of members:
Nameless(Founder, Leader)
Dipsnig Razortooth(Leader)
Bianca
Vincent
Haley
Rebecca
Cornelius Blanc
Ordo
Katie
Raz(Second in command)
TSA-1
Roxie & Pets
Damon
Caroline
Ayrissa Deceased
Atoya
Cool Kid(special errands)
Kojare
SPARTAN
Courier
Eshter
Grigori Vanek
((Links forthcoming))

Recruitment form:
Application form for would-be members:
Name:
Race:
Profession:
Reason for joining:
Possible services offered to would-be employers:

billtodamax
2010-12-01, 04:44 AM
Oh, it's just human eyes. Cuddlepie says dismissively. Why was he screaming? He asks Dipsnig.

happyturtle
2010-12-01, 05:54 AM
After her player learns from Pringle's player that nothing happened to her as a result of handling the items Char sent, Roxie takes the signed note from Dipsnig and the card and flies off to PACK.

Morty
2010-12-01, 11:25 AM
Oh, it's just human eyes. Cuddlepie says dismissively. Why was he screaming? He asks Dipsnig.

Some sick, twisted kid sent Vincent human eyeballs in a letter. Roxie will go to PACK and find out what it's about.

happyturtle
2010-12-01, 12:27 PM
Roxie returns from PACK and checks in on Dipsnig and Vincent.

Morty
2010-12-01, 01:24 PM
Dipsnig is still in the same room with Vincent and Darth Cuddlepie. How did it go?

happyturtle
2010-12-01, 01:28 PM
"The headmaster was out, but I spoke to the Admiral. First he said it wasn't a problem because Char has apparently been kidnapped. But when I pressed, he said he would talk to Kampilan about getting her expelled and banned from the premises. In the meantime, until we get a letter confirming that, I said we'd be keeping both of the children home from school." Roxie says.

Morty
2010-12-01, 01:36 PM
Dipsnig nods. Good work. We can't let this psycho kid near Vincent again. Which of course also means we'll have to watch out for her even after she's expelled from school.

Maxios
2010-12-01, 01:47 PM
A man in a suit of MJOLNIR class power armor enters the HQ.
"My name is Master Chief Spartan 255, and I would like to join this orginization." he tells the nearest member.

happyturtle
2010-12-01, 01:57 PM
Roxie the pixie gives him a LOOK. :smallannoyed:

"Didn't anyone teach you to knock? Listen, we've got a situation here. If you want to speak to the boss, then go back outside and wait."

((Really? A straight FPS ripoff? *facepalm*))

Maxios
2010-12-01, 01:59 PM
Roxie the pixie gives him a LOOK. :smallannoyed:

"Didn't anyone teach you to knock? Listen, we've got a situation here. If you want to speak to the boss, then go back outside and wait."

((Really? A straight FPS ripoff? *facepalm*))

((It's actually part of a complex plan to see what would happen if a Master Chief clone appears in the Nexus.))

"Darn." the mighty warrior slumps in defeat, and exits HQ.

Morty
2010-12-01, 02:07 PM
What was that about? Never mind. Anyway, that's a good start, but this kid might want to do something to Vincent even after she's expelled from school.

happyturtle
2010-12-01, 02:11 PM
"Maybe we could get permission to send Tweetums or Fluffy in to protect him," Roxie says. "I'll certainly put them on the alert here, and make sure they recognize her scent."

Morty
2010-12-01, 02:25 PM
Sounds good, provided they agree. Of course, they're expected to protect the children themselves when they're in their school. But you can't be too safe/

happyturtle
2010-12-01, 02:30 PM
"Teachers can't be everywhere, and I don't think it'd be good for the kids to have an adult hovering over them all the time. That's why I think Tweetums would be good. He'd protect them both, but they could still be kids around him."

Poor Vincent probably wonders who Dipsnig is talking to. Or maybe he thinks his foster father is talking to someone on the phone. Yeah, probably that.

Morty
2010-12-01, 02:33 PM
Tweetums is very tame despite being a dinosaur, yes... I'll write them a letter.
It also seems Dipsnig hasn't considered all the implications of an elf calling him a foster father yet. Of course, it's not like anyone else cares.

Reinholdt
2010-12-02, 11:32 AM
Vincent's probably not paying much attention to Dipsnig! He's just kinda curled up on the couch, staring at the tv.

He's not crying or shaking anymore though.

A letter arrives for NO, addressed to the guardian or guardians of Vincent.

Maxios
2010-12-02, 11:57 AM
SPARTAN-255 knocks on the door to the base.
"May I come in now?" he asks

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-02, 12:29 PM
Raz opens the door.

'...'

'You're kidding me'

He turns around and walks off, leaving the door open.

I ****ing hate that game so much

Morty
2010-12-02, 12:29 PM
What do you want? Dipsnig growls to the armor-clad figure as he opens the letter. Dipsnig is a small, brown-skinned goblin dressed in a leather armor and drab, grey tunic.

happyturtle
2010-12-02, 12:37 PM
Meanwhile, Roxie reads the letter that is presumably from the Admiral.

Maxios
2010-12-02, 12:38 PM
What do you want? Dipsnig growls to the armor-clad figure as he opens the letter. Dipsnig is a small, brown-skinned goblin dressed in a leather armor and drab, grey tunic.

"I would like to join your orginization." the armored figure states. He wears MJOLNIR power armor, with black as it's primary color, red as it's secondary color, and a red visor.

Morty
2010-12-02, 12:48 PM
And why would we want you here? Dipsnig really isn't in the best of moods.

Maxios
2010-12-02, 12:49 PM
And why would we want you here? Dipsnig really isn't in the best of moods.

"I'm a master at stealth, and an expert sniper." 255 says.

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-02, 01:01 PM
Well I can see you :smallamused:

Oh Raz. You'll hurt the supersoldier's feelings

Reinholdt
2010-12-02, 01:03 PM
Dear whomever cares,
Char has been expelled from PACK and as gleeful as she was, is unlikely to even attempt to return. Fortunately, this is best for all concerned and we apologize on her behalf for the actions she took. We hope to continue to provide a safe learning environment for your student or students.

Sincerely,
The Admiral

Needless to say, he was nearly doubled over in laughter when writing the whole 'safe learning environment' line.

Morty
2010-12-02, 01:04 PM
Dipsnig taps his fang. It was times like this that he regretted his "we can't afford to be picky" policy. Alright. You're in, I guess. Fill out the form, don't do anything stupid and obey my orders.

Maxios
2010-12-02, 01:10 PM
Dipsnig taps his fang. It was times like this that he regretted his "we can't afford to be picky" policy. Alright. You're in, I guess. Fill out the form, don't do anything stupid and obey my orders.

Name: Spartan-255
Race: Human Male
Profession: Super Soldier/Sniper
Reason for joining: Got bored, and decided NO would be a good place for me
Possible services offered to would-be employers: Stealth and Sniping.

"Don't worry sir, back in the Conevant War, I was sent out on the most important mission! They sent me in a one man space pod to find one of the Halos! It would take 5 years to get there, and another 5 to get back. A few months into the journey, my space pod went into a blackhole, and I appeared in the Nexus."

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-02, 01:11 PM
Raz rolls his eyes dramatically and obviously

Morty
2010-12-02, 01:14 PM
I'm sure they had a good reason to send you there, says Dipsnig with a perfectly straight face but a wink to Raz. We don't exactly have any contracts right now that aren't taken care of, but I'll inform you when something comes up. And Raz, wait a bit, I have something to tell you.

happyturtle
2010-12-02, 01:17 PM
Dear Admiral,

As Dipsnig and I still have concerns about Vincent's safety, and recognize that he cannot be in sight of a teacher at all times, I would like to send Tweetums or Fluffy to school with him for additional protection. Please let me know if this will be acceptable.

Kind regards,
Roxie

Roxie sends the letter to PACK by clockwork penguin, but won't bother posting in that thread too since Admiral's player reads this one.

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-02, 01:22 PM
Raz nods

Cool, OK. Whats up?

Morty
2010-12-02, 01:25 PM
Basically, I've decided I need a second-in-command or two, because one person can't run everything. What would you say about being nominated?

Maxios
2010-12-02, 01:28 PM
SPARTAN-255 starts whistling a merry tune, and walks around the base.

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-02, 01:29 PM
Raz grins and nods.

Awesome! What would that include?

Yes! He gets to boss around the Halo dude!

Morty
2010-12-02, 01:31 PM
Dipsnig shrugs. To put it briefly, you would do the stuff I do when I'm not around. Accept contract, organize other members' work, speak on NO's behalf, and all that. I'll probably choose another second-in-command aside from you. I'm thinking Roxie or Ordo.

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-02, 01:37 PM
Raz nods

OK. I'll run anything big past you first of course.

He pauses for second and thinks

Just remembered actually - I managed to make the mountain peak unplottable - with a portal set up, we could use it as a safe house, or secondary HQ or something? It's really hard to get to by normal means, so very secure

Reinholdt
Pen-Pals!

Dear Roxie,
If I recall correctly, Tweetums is a dinosaur, and Fluffy is a... big... thing. While both of them seemed rather well behaved with what little time I saw of them, I can not say for certain what they would do in such an environment filled with tiny snacks little children. They may be protective of Vincent, but aggressive elsewhere. Or overly protective in the case of accidents. It would not be very conducive to the safe environment and would almost be counter-productive to the point of expelling Char. I understand your desire for Vincent's safety, but I must also consider the other children. I do not believe that I would want either Tweetums or Fluffy on campus.

Sincerely,
The Admiral

Honestly, he wanted to write 'if they can't defend themselves against dinosaurs, they deserve to get ate'. But then he wouldn't have expelled Char in the first place if that were the policy.

Morty
Sure, why not. It'd be our safe haven in case things get very bad.

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-02, 01:40 PM
Raz :smallsmile:'s. He made a good judgement call! Yay!

At the moment it's just a bare peak. Do you know anyone who could build or dig a base out?

happyturtle
2010-12-02, 01:41 PM
Roxie flies into the room with the letter from PACK. "Here, boss. I'm not sure how we should handle this."

Morty
2010-12-02, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I know just the right people, don't worry... Dipsnig then takes the letter from Roxie and reads it. Hmmm. Yes, I expected he wouldn't agree. Letting large beasts into a school isn't something a teacher would do. Even if the teacher is a skeleton bard who smokes like a chimney. I'm not sure how to handle it either.

happyturtle
2010-12-02, 01:51 PM
"Maybe he'd accept a smaller animal, like a dog?" Because to Roxie, every problem can be solved with the proper application of animal companions. Of course, ooc, the dog would need a player.

Morty
2010-12-02, 02:05 PM
Doubt it. Dipsnig taps his fang. Hmm. I do have this item that allows for easy scrying... but Vincent won't like being observed all the time.

happyturtle
2010-12-02, 02:10 PM
"Maybe we're overthinking this. What he really needs is a way to call for help. A whistle perhaps?" Roxie then pictures a 12 year old boy with a whistle, and realizes that the chances of it never being used except in case of emergency are exactly zero. "Or a phone?"

Maxios
2010-12-02, 02:11 PM
"Help I'm lost!" SPARTAN-255 says. Yes, he is that incompotent.

Morty
2010-12-02, 02:13 PM
Dipsnig snaps his fingers. We still have those pearls we once got as a reward. All you have to do is to drops some water on them and they can work as communicators... but they're magical, so they won't work. A phone would be better. He facepalms when he hears the new guy shouting. How can you get lost in this base for Lord Below's sake?!

Maxios
2010-12-02, 02:15 PM
Dipsnig snaps his fingers. We still have those pearls we once got as a reward. All you have to do is to drops some water on them and they can work as communicators... but they're magical, so they won't work. A phone would be better. He facepalms when he hears the new guy shouting. How can you get lost in this base for Lord Below's sake?!

"I don't know! I made some wrong turns, then I got lost!" Spartan 255 yells.

happyturtle
2010-12-02, 02:20 PM
"I'll go and buy one then, and one for Caroline too. Since we have the money, should I go ahead and make a bulk purchase and get phones for everyone?" Roxie asks.

Morty
2010-12-02, 02:21 PM
Sure, go ahead. Dipsnig sighs.
Viima the female silver wolf appears to lead the Spartan out of wherever it is that he got lost.

Maxios
2010-12-02, 02:23 PM
"Ooh! Doggie!" The SPARTAN says, following wolf. Then he makes the mistake of eating some bacon he was carrying, most likely making the wolf chase him.

Yes, he is that moronic.

happyturtle
2010-12-02, 02:42 PM
Roxie heads out.

About an hour later, she returns with a case of really nice phones. The really high end ones. I wouldn't know exactly - my own phone cost £10. They have some really cool games on them though. :smalltongue:

She puts the case in the armoury, after taking out two for the kids, then takes the time to engrave their names on them. She puts the obvious numbers in speed-dial, sets them to charge, and does a few other basic set up things, but doesn't customize them. She figures they'll do that themselves.

Then takes them to Dipsnig. "Vincent can't see me, so you'll have to give him these. If you want my advice though, don't press him to go back to school too soon if he isn't ready."

Morty
2010-12-02, 02:44 PM
Yeah, you're right. I'll give it to them right away, but they can take their time returning to school.
Viima's ears perk up and she sniffs excitedly, but she's far too well-trained to chase someone just because they have food.

Maxios
2010-12-02, 02:47 PM
Yeah, you're right. I'll give it to them right away, but they can take their time returning to school.
Viima's ears perk up and she sniffs excitedly, but she's far too well-trained to chase someone just because they have food.

"That was a close one." 255 says. He is now in the main room with the others.

Morty
2010-12-02, 03:12 PM
Dipsnig goes to find Vincent to give him the phone. On his way, he asks 255: You get lost in painfully straightforward buildings often?

Maxios
2010-12-02, 03:13 PM
Dipsnig goes to find Vincent to give him the phone. On his way, he asks 255: You get lost in painfully straightforward buildings often?

"No. This has only happened once before, and that was in the Pillar of Autumn." 255 says

Reinholdt
2010-12-02, 03:16 PM
Vincent's still on the couch.
It's a nice couch.
Still.

Map of the base is still in the first post, isn't it?

Morty
2010-12-02, 03:19 PM
It is.
Hi Vincent. I have good news: we got that psycho girl expelled from PACK. And in case she wants to bother you some more, I'll give you a phone so you can call for help. He hands Vincent a really nice phone with his name tag on it.

Reinholdt
2010-12-02, 03:46 PM
"A phone? Really?"
Vincent is amazed! You just gave a kid their first cell phone!
... I hope you remembered the unlimited texting plan.

Morty
2010-12-02, 03:47 PM
Yep. So you can call me if there's something wrong. Caroline will get one too. Dipsnig nods.

Reinholdt
2010-12-02, 03:51 PM
"... How does it work?" Vincent knows how phones work. But have you seen those telephones they offer nowadays? The instruction booklets for them is twice the size of War and Peace.

He pushes buttons!

Morty
2010-12-02, 03:53 PM
Dipsnig will instruct Vincent how to use the phone. True, he comes from a world that's roughly in 14th century technology-wise, but he learns quickly.

Reinholdt
2010-12-02, 03:56 PM
"Hee. Thanks!" :smallbiggrin:
"... Dad."

happyturtle
2010-12-02, 03:58 PM
I tried to use my mom's blackberry when I was in the US, and I couldn't successfully dial a number. Half because of how hard it was to get to the number dial screen, and half because the touchscreen buttons were so small that I couldn't hit the one I wanted.

But Roxie got phones that are easier to use than that. And with the unlimited everything plan, because hey - NO is rich and can afford it!

Morty
2010-12-02, 04:00 PM
Dipsnig puts his hand on Vincent's shoulder. He's going to have to get used to being called "dad" by him until they fix him. You're welcome, son. Tell me when you feel you can go back to school, okay?

Reinholdt
2010-12-02, 04:15 PM
"Ok."
Vincent gets entranced with playing with his phone now.
Going to wear out the battery at that rate.

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-03, 07:21 AM
Raz kinda :sadface:'s for a moment, then realises he's doing it and turns away. He never knew his Dad, see. He quickly walks to his pocket realm to get a drink

nanobot_swarm
2010-12-03, 10:02 PM
In the newly dug tunnel network, a monolithic machine activates, lights slowly blink on, moniters activate and display the status of various systems as in working order. Seems the TSA-1 had more than just tunnels constructed down there, its new platform had been placed there as well. It sends up a clock-work penguin with the message:
"Mission successful, Jack Empty rests in a tomb of stone."

Morty
2010-12-04, 07:18 AM
Well, isn't that a surprise. I was sure he'd find a way to weasel out of this. Now I wonder whether sending a message to the Doctor would be too hasty... Dipsnig mutters to himself.

celtois
2010-12-04, 02:43 PM
Dipsnig will get a message from Ayrissa. (Who is no longer on the member list. :smallannoyed:) From that device he gave her to contact him on the last job.

"Hey, I've got a slight problem. Apparently something big is going to happen at Trog's I was warned to get out. Should I get involved or do we want to stay out of this?"

Morty
2010-12-04, 02:46 PM
((She isn't? Hm. Sorry. I'll fix it.))
Stay out of it. We're not supposed to get involved in things if we're not paid.

celtois
2010-12-04, 02:49 PM
(Thanks Morty :smallsmile:)

Very well. I'll try my best to not get involved in whatever is going on.

Morty
2010-12-05, 08:31 AM
Dipsnig undeadtimes, digesting the mess that apparently happened last night. Hopefully Ayrissa will be able to give him a report.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 05:57 PM
Caelus knocks on the door to NO. I need to talk with Vincent.

Reinholdt
2010-12-05, 07:54 PM
Well unless someone else gets the door, I guess eventually Vincent hears the door and goes to get it.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 07:59 PM
Caelus looks at him Are you Vincent?

Reinholdt
2010-12-05, 08:05 PM
"Yes, I am Vincent. Who are you?" Vincent asks.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 08:07 PM
I am miss Char's father. I deeply apologize for whatever she said to you but I would like to know so I may punish her. Caelus adds emphasis on punish.

Reinholdt
2010-12-05, 08:10 PM
Vincent gulps a bit and looks around for an adult that wasn't him that could take care of this.
Dang it. :smallfrown:

"Well, sir, we got into a fight at school and then she sent me some... some... eyes in the mail. Sir."

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 08:13 PM
Do you know whose? If this is to painful you don't have to talk. Caelus would give him a warm smile but he's wearing a mask.

Reinholdt
2010-12-05, 08:14 PM
"No I don't sir."
Vincent shakes his head. How the heck would he know that?

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 08:17 PM
My deranged daughter said something about magic, correct? Caelus gives him a kind look.

Reinholdt
2010-12-05, 08:20 PM
"Oh yeah. She said magic was real and I was blind and there was some glasses and a ring and I didn't know what the ring had to do with it, but I think she might be insane and needs to see Doctor Stroffelnburg."
At the very least be locked up.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 08:22 PM
who is this Dr. Strolfenburg? No Caelus! Don't think about it... Oh wait that would be perfect punishment for Char.

Reinholdt
2010-12-05, 08:27 PM
"He's the doctor that helped me get better!" Vincent smiles. :smallsmile:

"I used to think I was the Main Character of a video game."

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 08:29 PM
That would be nuts! Do you have his number? My daughter deserves to be taken care of. Caelus chuckles.

Reinholdt
2010-12-05, 08:34 PM
"Umm... no. He's in this big white hospital though."
He's a 12 year old kid. He's not going to have his doctor's phone number.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 08:36 PM
Do you have a phone book? Caelus asks.

Reinholdt
2010-12-05, 08:37 PM
"Umm... maybe? I'm not sure. I don't think I'm supposed to let strangers in though."

You probably shouldn't have been talking to them either.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 08:40 PM
Shame. I assure you I will do no harm. I'm only dressed in this get-up to hide from unsavory fellows. Caelus, awesome liar.

Reinholdt
2010-12-05, 08:43 PM
"What's unsavory mean?" Vincent is confused!
Butler would have just said something about not eating people.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 08:44 PM
Bad, evil, people you wouldn't want to have dinner with.

Reinholdt
2010-12-05, 08:45 PM
"Oh."
Vincent says.
Standing there.
Awkwardly.
"Well... bye."

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 08:47 PM
I hope my daughter doesn't bother you anymore. Caelus walks off.

Reinholdt
2010-12-05, 08:50 PM
Vincent closes the door and heads back to his room.

Morty
2010-12-06, 01:13 PM
Dipsnig undeadtimes, wondering who was at the door and where Ayrissa is. He wanted to ask her about this big mess at the taverns.

V'icternus
2010-12-06, 05:49 PM
*Knock knock knock!*

Atoya bangs on the door, very cold and holding a map. Her cloak is being held close around her to protect her from the rather unkind weather as she waits for someone inside to answer.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5306/atoya2.png
Image thanks to Darklord Bright

At the very least she needed somewhere to stay for a while, maybe even something warm to eat...

Morty
2010-12-06, 05:52 PM
Dipsnig opens the door for her. Oh. It's you. I see you've decided to take a look around here, at least.

Maxios
2010-12-06, 05:53 PM
SPARTAN-255 wakes up. "Any thing to do, yet?" he asks the nearest member, most likely Dipsnig

V'icternus
2010-12-06, 05:57 PM
Dipsnig opens the door for her. Oh. It's you. I see you've decided to take a look around here, at least.

Atoya shivers and nods, walking inside.

"Well, you know... m-money is money."

She brushes snow off of her shoulders and looks around.

"Nice place you've got here...
Any chance of a tour?" She grins, almost catlike.

Morty
2010-12-06, 06:03 PM
Not right now. Things're slow, Dipsnig says to SPARTAN. In response to Atoya, he explains: There's not much to see here. Our base is rather... utilitarian. But you're free to take a look around before deciding to join.
((Deadtime.))

V'icternus
2010-12-06, 06:34 PM
Not right now. Things're slow, Dipsnig says to SPARTAN. In response to Atoya, he explains: There's not much to see here. Our base is rather... utilitarian. But you're free to take a look around before deciding to join.
((Deadtime.))

"Alright, thanks!"

And with that, Atoya sets off to explore. It wasn't as exciting as she thought it would be, but it was alright.
In fact, she rather liked the architecture.

Walking around the base, she tried to figure out whether or not to apply...

Morty
2010-12-07, 08:32 AM
Dipsnig undeadtimes in the empty and quiet base and decides to follow Atoya to show her around. Looks like we've got another one of those... quiet weeks. They happen from time to time when we've got no contracts, members are away or both. I do wonder what two of our members are doing with that mission I sent them on.

Fan
2010-12-07, 08:34 AM
Dipsnig undeadtimes in the empty and quiet base and decides to follow Atoya to show her around. Looks like we've got another one of those... quiet weeks. They happen from time to time when we've got no contracts, members are away or both. I do wonder what two of our members are doing with that mission I sent them on.

The Cool Kid seems to descend almost on cue from his board, nose diving straight into the ground at break neck speeds before breaking off at the last second, surfing up the side of NO's castle walls, and doing a few flashy tricks. Damn kids.

He lands next to Mort, looking rather satisfied with himself as he says.

"Set up an inflitration network that I've instructed to just cause general havoc. You know, letting mice into the pantry, setting all the toilets flushing mechanisms to reverse. Simple stuff."

Morty
2010-12-07, 08:36 AM
There's no Mort in the base, but Dipsnig watches the Cool Kid's massively awesome entrance impassively. Sounds good, as long as they can't track it down to us. Mind you, DC is going to figure out who's messing with them, but as long as they can't pin the blame on us, he can kiss my rear end.
Viima comes running into the room and licks the Cool Kid in greeting.

Fan
2010-12-07, 08:40 AM
There's no Mort in the base, but Dipsnig watches the Cool Kid's massively awesome entrance impassively. Sounds good, as long as they can't track it down to us. Mind you, DC is going to figure out who's messing with them, but as long as they can't pin the blame on us, he can kiss my rear end.
Viima comes running into the room and licks the Cool Kid in greeting.

"Tiny little robotic spiders, I've set them to self destruct once they've used up their batteries, and again. It's nothing that a little general maintenance couldn't fix."

The Cool Kid does seem a little jaded by Dipsings lack of noticing though. Rawrg.

Morty
2010-12-07, 08:46 AM
Dipsnig decides some appreciation is in order. Cool entrance, by the way. And I suppose that's enough of a punishment for breaking a deal.

Fan
2010-12-07, 08:55 AM
Dipsnig decides some appreciation is in order. Cool entrance, by the way. And I suppose that's enough of a punishment for breaking a deal.

Cool Kid offers a fist, not sure if Dipsnig knows what this is.. but eh.

"Yeah, thanks bro. Nice Castle too, never seen parapets that high till here. So, have I proved my worth for another job, or am I going to have to slap around some more small time guys to earn some real work?"

Morty
2010-12-07, 08:59 AM
Dipsnig bumps the Cool Kid's fist with his own, small fist.
As I said, we're not involved with anything right now. I hope it'll change quickly, though. There's this NOIR place in the city, a private investigation business. But I'm going to talk to 'em myself.

Fan
2010-12-07, 09:01 AM
Dipsnig bumps the Cool Kid's fist with his own, small fist.
As I said, we're not involved with anything right now. I hope it'll change quickly, though. There's this NOIR place in the city, a private investigation business. But I'm going to talk to 'em myself.

Cool Kid nods in acceptance, so cool bro.

"One of THOSE weeks eh'? I understand. I guess I'll set about tuning my board to spec, and maybe tidying up the place. That is unless you'd want to GO ON AN ADVENTURE. By adventure I uh.. kinda mean letting me tag along."

He says scratching the back of his head kinda admonishedly.

Morty
2010-12-07, 09:06 AM
I suppose having a bodyguard with me, in addition to a wolf, would make them more likely to take me seriously. Dipsnig nods. I'll let you know when I'll be heading to their place.

V'icternus
2010-12-07, 04:26 PM
Atoya is just wandering around, admiring the circle-ness of the base.

She interrupts Dipsnig and Cool Kid's conversation, rather cheerily, to say "Alright, I've decided. Sign me up."
She smirked, confident that she'd found a place to stay, and a place to work.

Morty
2010-12-07, 04:29 PM
Glad to hear it. As I said, we don't have any contracts right now... but I hope it'll change. Just fill out this form.

Application form for would-be members:
Name:
Race:
Profession:
Reason for joining:
Possible services offered to would-be employers:

V'icternus
2010-12-07, 04:32 PM
Glad to hear it. As I said, we don't have any contracts right now... but I hope it'll change. Just fill out this form.

Atoya grins, taking the form and hastily scribbling on it, her thin. wonky letters just legible enough to be taken seriously.

Name: Atoya
Race: Human
Profession: Thief
Reason for joining: Profit and pleasure and profit
Possible services offered: Stealing, fighting, spying, whatever.

Morty
2010-12-07, 04:35 PM
Hm. Remarkably simple I see, Dipsnig mutters as he reads the form. Alright. Welcome onboard. As we wait for someone to come and offer us a contract, I have a question: were you there when this whole mess with golems happened?

V'icternus
2010-12-07, 04:43 PM
"Who, me?
I was inside the Tavern of course!
I went to see what was going on, then some Orcus-humping wizard blinded me. It really hurt...
Then I went back to my drink because everyone stopped fighting, and then the Golems exploded. Luckily a handsome newsman saved me."

Morty
2010-12-07, 04:54 PM
Hm. What about this Mercury guy? Have you seen him or heard about him?

V'icternus
2010-12-07, 04:57 PM
"Uhhh..."

Atoya furrows her brow.

"No... no, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone called Mercury.
...Unless he's a pretty dark-haired girl in a short skirt who shoots bubbles..."

Morty
2010-12-07, 04:58 PM
Who knows? Maybe he is. Wizard and all. Could have used an illusion or shapechange. Never mind. Something tells me it's not over... call it a hunch. I've got an instinct for this kind of thing.

V'icternus
2010-12-07, 05:02 PM
"Alright.
Anything else, uh... boss?"
She smiles and shakes her head, letting more snow fall out of her hair.

Morty
2010-12-07, 05:03 PM
Nothing right now. Go get something to eat, pick a room and get warm. Try to talk to some other members if you run into 'em.

V'icternus
2010-12-07, 05:12 PM
"Alright!" Atoya smiles and runs off to choose a place to sleep.

After finding what will now be her room, Atoya makes sure people know it's hers by carving her name onto the foot of the bed.

Still smiling happily, she makes her way back into the main room, and makes a beeline for the Armory, to see if there's anything there that she can use.

UncleWolf
2010-12-07, 08:15 PM
Beast Pens

Fluffy flies back in and heads to his room. People who've seen him before will notice he looks different. His arms now have short spikes in a line up to his elbow, and one his his eye sockets has been melted down to the bone, the eye replaced by an orb of black fire. Along his spine is a line of red scales, and all of them seem harder and duller.

Not to mention, he's at least a couple tons heavier and 5ft taller. :smalleek:

V'icternus
2010-12-07, 08:19 PM
Atoya, having found some nice things but not wanting to steal from what is basically her new home, decides to head back out into the world and explore a bit. At least until NO gets a jobs she can do.

Morty
2010-12-08, 02:54 PM
Dipsnig is sitting on a chair near the entrance. He looks rather bored, yet anxious at the same time.
Viima, meanwhile, is wandering around the beast pens, wondering why Fluffy smells so strange.

Reinholdt
2010-12-08, 03:13 PM
Don't they have a standing contract to spy on KR? Ilpholin really needs to drop in and check on that sometime.

Anyways, Vincent's ready to head back to PACK and is all geared up and ready to go.

Darkcomet
2010-12-08, 06:04 PM
Some NO members, should they spot it, may be unnerved by a hovering vehicle (an Imperial EvTV-1 Hover IFV, to be precise) approaching the base.

Morty
2010-12-08, 06:05 PM
Dipsnig isn't unnerved. He's pissed. But he manages to hide it as he watches the Imperial vehicle through the window.

Darkcomet
2010-12-08, 06:26 PM
Well, the vehicle doesn't start trying to blast NO's door down.

A pair of power-armored (EvA-2-wearing, that is) Imperial Army soldiers armed with EvR-1 blaster rifles climb out as it stops, followed by an officer in IA uniform.

The soldiers stay at the sides of the officer as he heads up to the door and...knocks.

Morty
2010-12-08, 06:28 PM
Dipsnig opens the door. He manages to keep a business-like demeanor and a neutral expression. Evening, sirs. What business do you have with Neutralist Organization?

Darkcomet
2010-12-08, 06:32 PM
"We have a few job offers." The officer will hand Dipsnig a paper with multiple job offers on it.

1. Chase off or otherwise eliminate the vampire problem in the Red Zone of Inside. Reward: 1000 gp per vampire eliminated. Rot of AMEN does not count unless you somehow manage to put him down for good.

2. Remove any LANTERN vigilantes found from the Red Zone of Inside. Reward: 200 gp per Lantern chased off.

3. Permanently destroy or sabotage AMEN's cloning tanks. Reward: 20000 gp.

Maxios
2010-12-08, 06:35 PM
SPARTAN-255 suddenly appears. "We got a job!?!?" he says excitedly

Morty
2010-12-08, 06:36 PM
Alright. First off, I can't really accept the third job. It's not exactly doable and we can't afford a war with AMEN. We can accept the first one and the second one, though. The first one borders on violating our "no assassinations" policy, but I think we can let that slide. The second one is entirely fine if you don't expect us to actually kill any of them.

Darkcomet
2010-12-08, 06:43 PM
"The LANTERN operatives weren't meant to be killed, anyway. They're only to be removed if they violate the Empire's ban of their vigilante activities within its territory. As for the AMEN job, that is unfortunate, but not entirely unexpected. Anything else you need to know?"

Morty
2010-12-08, 06:47 PM
That's all we need to know, I guess. I'm not sure about the size of LANTERN membership, but it's not like they're hard to miss. And yes we do, he tells SPARTAN.

Darkcomet
2010-12-08, 06:49 PM
"Goodbye, then. And good luck." The officer and his escorts return to the IFV, which departs.

Morty
2010-12-08, 06:52 PM
Dipsnig closes the door and returns inside, in a better mood than previously. Alright everyone, we have some work to do! He shouts, before heading to pin the new jobs to the bulletin board.

Lex-Kat
2010-12-08, 10:53 PM
((Does Roxie know Tweetums is on a mission at the moment?

And why isn't Bianca listed? Just because her occupation is officially Assassin doesn't mean she isn't working for NO. She's done good work for NO. :smallfrown:

In fact, she should be Dipsnig's second. She's very responsible. :smallsmile:))

Caroline is looking for Vincent. I have no idea how they got seperated. :smalleek:

Reinholdt
2010-12-08, 10:54 PM
Caroline went away for a week? On vacation to Earth?
There's Vincent! He's in his room getting packed for PACK.

happyturtle
2010-12-08, 10:55 PM
((Roxie lets her babies have 'wild time' to roam off and hunt / mate / whatever. So she doesn't worry too much unless they're gone for more than a week or so. Since Tweetums timeline has only been 1 day, she isn't worried at all about him yet. But no, she doesn't know he's on a mission.))

Lex-Kat
2010-12-08, 11:18 PM
Awww. No one delivered Bianca's message to Dipsnig or Roxie. She did leave one. Just don't remember with who. :smallconfused:

Caroline tries to hug Vincent from behind. Guess who!

Reinholdt
2010-12-08, 11:24 PM
"Hmm... is it... Jamie?" Vincent kids, smiling after getting over his initial surprise and lower his hands to hold hers.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-09, 12:03 AM
[Outside the base]

A small crowd of protesters, shivering in the cold, has gathered, with a couple of signs saying things like "NO are Kidnappers" or an enourmous letter "L", from when they salvaged a billboard for sign material and forgot which side had their pithy protest. Some of them look vaguely Moff-like, but not so's you'd notice unless you were paying attention. They sound like they would be chanting and whatnot if they were a bit warmer. :smalltongue:

celtois
2010-12-09, 12:18 AM
[Outside of NO]

Looks like Lightning Lass is going to have a little more trouble getting to the good doctor with the dead body then she might like. Given the large crowd that seems to have decided to surround the base.

She's dressed up like a superhero, and is gently holding the corpse of a man in her arms. She looks rather downcast at the moment.

In no small part due to the turn of events.

She slowly tries to make her way through the crowd. Hopefully the fact that she is carrying a dead body will get them to move out of the way for me.

The sooner she can figure out what killed the man the sooner she can get it off the streets.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-09, 12:29 AM
[Outside N. O.]

Kojare (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9911810&postcount=300) "Hrm..."s at the sight of the protesters, but from what he's been able to tell, this seems like a good place for some grounding. He begins to weave his way through the crowd, but when he sees Lightning Lass with a body on her shoulder, he shoves a few people, raises himself to his full height, and yells, "Hey! Lady needs you to move!" He'll put a hand on his blaster, if required for intimidation, but he wouldn't draw it.

billtodamax
2010-12-09, 12:32 AM
Rebecca sees the protesters, and begins casting.

Quiet Terrance, I'm doing it anyway. Guess Terrance doesn't agree with what she's doing.

She opens the door with her foot and finishes her spell. It should start to get warmer outside, although not much. Just so it isn't too unpleasant because of the cold.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-09, 12:52 AM
Honestly, the protesters aren't very good at civil dissobediance. They sorta shuffle out of the way in a generally grumbly way. One or two of them makes a half hearted comment about another kidnap victim, but for the most part, they just look a bit confused about why they're there. :smallsigh:

celtois
2010-12-09, 12:55 AM
That was stellar. She had really wanted to make it through without incident.

Now to identify the bite mark. Match it to a monster and.....

She makes her way up.. and into NO, or at least Ayrissa's office in it. Assuming it has a separate door, or a way in. If not I guess the door is knocked on.

What was this? A sign was hanging in Ayrissa's office inside NO. The doctor is out. Come back later.

LL sighs here she was with a real mystery on her hands and once again she was stuck without a real doctor to help her figure it all out.

She will proceed to wait at the doctor, or NO's door.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-09, 12:59 AM
Kojare sighs at the protesters and waves Lightning Lass inside. Inside, he thanks Rebecca, then indicates the man that Lightning Lass is carrying. Since he doesn't know that the guy's dead, he spouts, "This lady looked like she needed help. Where can I find a gravlift or something for that guy? Sorry, but it doesn't look like we have time for introductions! I'm guessing that you guys have a med unit around here somewhere, or she wouldn't be coming here."

billtodamax
2010-12-09, 01:03 AM
Yeah, here! She says, running over to the infirmary, which is conveniently located near the door.

She'll usher them into it, before saying:

I'm not sure where our doctors are, or even if we have any. I've been learning a bit of healing magic, if that would help.

celtois
2010-12-09, 01:09 AM
[Infirmary]

"I came here to find Sgt. Ayrissa Cormick. She's a medic who works here. One of the best so I've heard. But I guess she's out then. " She explains while rushing in after them to the infirmary. "I'm afraid this man is dead. So your magics will probably be of little use to him. I was hoping to get an autopsy done on him so I could find out what it was that killed him. So it could be taken off the streets." She frowns. This was hardly what she had hoped for her first day on the job. If only she'd got there a moment earlier she might have saved him.

billtodamax
2010-12-09, 01:15 AM
Oh... Rebecca says, her face paling. Okay, I'll... I'll leave her a note. She quickly writes one. Do you... you want something to eat or.... She really has no idea what to do in this situation.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-09, 01:20 AM
In the infirmary, Kojare emits an, "Oh," at the news that the guy is dead. He keeps an eye on Rebecca, since he's not about to discount crazy amounts of healing powers, in a place like the Nexus, but he doubts that anything can be done.

He looks the body over, then gives Lightning Lass a searching look. "Where'd you find him? Might wanna warn people, however you can. Anything else you noticed? Any ideas about what got him?"

Finding the wound, he just, "Huh..."ed and raised a couple of pairs of arms helplessly. I only know a bit of first aid, really. This could have been anything. Even self-inflicted."

celtois
2010-12-09, 01:25 AM
LL, forces a smile to Rebecca "Umm, sure if it's not too much trouble I could use a bite of food. A note for the good doctor would be great too." It gave her an excuse to get out of the infirmary which the other women obviously wanted to do, while still feeling helpful. Which was important. "I found him, in the red zone. He was in a poorly lit street. Kinda of a run down part of town. I'm sure it wasn't self inflicted since he was screaming for help when I went to go find out what was happening." She nods "I probably should warn people. Though that neck of the woods is already infested with vampires so people are pretty cautious. I however am sure that the bite is wrong for a vampire. Which is why I brought it here so I could hopefully find out what I'll be up against."

billtodamax
2010-12-09, 01:31 AM
Rebecca gets out of the infirmary and goes to the kitchen.

Do you want anything in particular, or...? Rebecca says. She grabs some garlic from the cupboard and puts it in her pocket.

You know, just in case.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-09, 01:34 AM
Impressed that such a young human was out doing stuff like that, Kojare brightens and leads the way out of the room. "Looks like you did a great job, then. Hopefully, the doc'll be able to clear some things up for us, when she gets here." He gives Rebecca a quick bow, then indicates the way they came. "I'm Kojare, by the way. Just found myself here, yesterday. Heard about your group and thought that I might make myself useful. So, a meal for the lady, then?"

To edit ---> Argh! Must type faster!

celtois
2010-12-09, 01:37 AM
(I got one more post here before I have to deadtime. As in one more after this one.)

It certainly wasn't a terrible assumption to make, and besides better safe then sorry right. "No, I'll eat just about anything." LL calls back. It's slightly cheerful but not exactly what you'd call a happy voice. "Yeah I hope so. Uh huh. I just wish I could have got there soon enough to save him." She smiles sadly.

billtodamax
2010-12-09, 01:40 AM
Yeah. Rebecca says, getting out some bread and ham and combining the two in a layered fashion. Here you go. Rebecca says, passing the sandwich to LL.

celtois
2010-12-09, 02:02 AM
Short response. Since I really need to head to bed. Sorry for not waiting. :smallfrown:

"Thank you." She smiles slightly at Becca. Before nomming down on her Sandwhich.

Om nom nom. One of the best things about being a hero was the free food, she decided. Though the absolute stud that are superheroes was definitely a close second.

billtodamax
2010-12-09, 02:05 AM
Rebecca sits down across from her and stares vacantly at her own hand. She's probably thinking about the dead body in the infirmary.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-09, 03:09 AM
Kojare, having followed along, eventually sticks a hand out to Rebecca for shaking. "Looks like there's more time for introductions, now, at least! Like I said, I'm Kojare. I heard about your group and would like to make myself useful. I've heard a lot of talk about vampires. Now, where I come from, they're just legends, really, but it sounds like you've got an infestation of the things! Luckily, I've been from one side of the galaxy to the other - well, my galaxy, anyway - and nothing puts me off a good hunt. Your organization is helping out with this problem, right? Where do I go to volunteer?"

billtodamax
2010-12-09, 06:23 AM
R-Rebecca. Rebecca says. If you want to help handle the vampire problem, then you're welcome to. Just head to the slums in the city, and preferably bring back some proof. If you want, I'll go along. Rebecca offers.

Morty
2010-12-09, 07:19 AM
Dipsnig looks outside, then back inside, glaring daggers at everyone in the general vincinity. Right. Can anyone explain to me just what the bloody hell happened?
((And Bianca wasn't on the list because I'm absent-minded and I'd like to stop being accused of purposefully omitting people, thank you. :smallsigh: Dipsnig will definetly consider making her the other second-in-command on the off chance they're both undeadtimed at the same time and place. :smalltongue:))

billtodamax
2010-12-09, 07:23 AM
An "angry" mob turned up. I made sure they didn't freeze to death. They- *pointing to LL and Kojare* -brought in a dead body for Ayrissa to look at. It might turn into a vampire. Rebecca says, nervously.

Morty
2010-12-09, 07:26 AM
Dipsnig grumbles something in Goblin, a language well-suited for grumbling. Why in the world would you do that? If those nutters want to show up here and accuse us of kidnapping someone while standing ankle-deep in the snow, it's their choice. As for the body that might turn into a vampire, well, keep a wooden stake handy.

billtodamax
2010-12-09, 07:29 AM
I didn't want them to die. And I grabbed a lump of garlic from the kitchen. Rebecca says. She remembers the note she wrote and pins it on the fridge for Ayrissa to see.

((Deadtime))

Morty
2010-12-09, 07:31 AM
Oh, well. Hopefully they'll clear off soon enough. They don't look very enthusiastic. I wonder who put it in their heads that we kidnapped someone. Looks like Magtok's work. He likes doing this sort of thing and predending it's clever.

Lex-Kat
2010-12-09, 01:32 PM
"Hmm... is it... Jamie?" Vincent kids, smiling after getting over his initial surprise and lower his hands to hold hers.

What!? Are you seeing some hussy behind my back? Caroline feigns disbelief. She'll try to spin him around and hug him. It's me, silly.

((Not accusing you Morty. :smallsmile: It was meant as a poke poke, tee hee, silly type thing. :smalltongue:

Sorry. :smallfrown:))

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 01:36 PM
What!? Are you seeing some hussy behind my back? Caroline feigns disbelief. She'll try to spin him around and hug him. It's me, silly.

Vincent spins around and hugs Caroline. "Oh, it's you. I had completely forgotten that you were the only other person on the base my age." :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2010-12-09, 01:57 PM
In the back of Caroline's mind, she can't help thinking, I'm not nearly that old.

Right. Are you ready to go back to school yet? Maybe we'll see Jamie, and you two can go off alone for a bit.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 02:04 PM
"She'd just hit me with her stick. I'd rather you stay near me and protect me."

He looks at his backpack. "But I'm ready."

Morty
2010-12-09, 02:08 PM
((It's nothing. I'm just on edge these days.))
Dipsnig is wandering around the base, planning some vampire hunting.

Lex-Kat
2010-12-09, 02:18 PM
"She'd just hit me with her stick. I'd rather you stay near me and protect me."

He looks at his backpack. "But I'm ready."
Oooo. I've always wanted to play the knight in shining armor to my fair prince. Now my dreams will all come true.

Caroline goes down to one knee. I shall protect you, fair lad, from all the stick-weilding people at school.

((It's nothing. I'm just on edge these days.))
*Hugs*

((DEADTIME for work.))

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 02:30 PM
Oooo. I've always wanted to play the knight in shining armor to my fair prince. Now my dreams will all come true.

Caroline goes down to one knee. I shall protect you, fair lad, from all the stick-wielding people at school.

Vincent sticks his tongue out at Caroline. Like so: :smalltongue:

He grabs a random cardboard tube from nearby and gently rests it on her shoulder. All kids should have random cardboard tubes nearby if they don't already.

"Do this successfully knight-amazon Caroline and you get a parcel of land and one treasure of your choice from the fair king Dipsnig."

TruorTupnm
2010-12-09, 04:16 PM
Kojare (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9911810&postcount=300) nods confidently to show his thanks at Rebecca for her offer of coming along to help. She seems nervous, but he just figures that young people need to face their fears. Plus, he'd be happy to be accompanied by someone who probably knows the Nexus better than he does.

Kojare chuckles with amusement at the glares that Dipsnig is tossing around and asks Rebecca (or whoever else might be nearby!), "Guy gets a lot done, doing that?" Sobering at the guy's serious disposition, and hearing him ranting about vampires, he undulates up to him, raises himself up on his hindmost pair of legs, and gives the guy a quick bow. "Kojare, hunter extraordinaire, at your service! Where do I sign up to help? Whatever I can do."

Morty
2010-12-09, 04:19 PM
The small, brown-skinned goblin is, at first, rather befuddled by Kojare's appearance. Even in the Nexus, he's not used to seeing stuff like that. He looks up and says: Signing up would be handled by me. I run the place. Name's Dipsnig Razortooth. Can you fill out a form?

TruorTupnm
2010-12-09, 04:27 PM
Kojare nods. "Happy to. I've hunted all kinds of things, back where I come from. I'm new here, though, so any crash courses you've got would be great. If you need me out there, yesterday, though, that's fine. I've survived plenty on just blind luck." He taps his cybernetic eye reassuringly.

V'icternus
2010-12-09, 04:28 PM
Atoya arrives back, opening the door as quietly as possible and slipping inside.

She sees Dipsnig and Kojare.

"Oh, hello!" She says cheerily, apparently just in a good mood.
She didn't seem to mind Kojare's appearance, a quick glance telling her she wasn't meant to kill him, and while not likely to give him a great big hug any time soon, she was getting used to strange creatures.

Morty
2010-12-09, 04:31 PM
Dipsnig glances back at Atoya. Hi. He then turns back to Kojare. Right, so first you need to fill out this form so I have basic info about you written down. A clockwork penguin hands Kojare the form that can be found in the first post of the thread. Afterwards, I guess we can go vampire hunting. Can't say I have much experience with it.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-09, 04:46 PM
Kojare tosses a, "How you doin'?" at Atoya as he takes the form, "Huh!"s at how simple the signing up procedure was, hastily scrawls on it, then hands it over.

Name: Kojare
Race: Ruurian
Profession: Hunter. Mostly of the large and monstrous sort, but I'v been known to get into the dirty work of capturing sentients.
Reason for joining: Plenty neutral. Want to be useful while acclimating to the Nexus.
Possible services offered to would-be employers: Capturing or killing monstrous types. Capturing sentient types. Weapons, trapping expert. Starship captain. Decent mechanic. Safari guide?

"You don't know me, so I won't ask for access to your armoury, but all I have is this, right now." He indicates his blaster. "I'm sure that I can figure out whatever non-lethal equipment you figure might be useful."

Morty
2010-12-09, 04:54 PM
Good. We're supposed to get rid of as many vampires that are plaguing the slums of Inside as possible. Do you know what a vampire is, both of you? You can never know in the Nexus. They might both come from worlds where there are no vampires.

V'icternus
2010-12-09, 05:01 PM
Atoya chimes in, nodding. "Oh yeah. Pointy teeth, pale, hating sunlight, kinda hunky, those vampires?"
She pulls her knife out, flipping it around and grinning.
"No problem."

TruorTupnm
2010-12-09, 05:04 PM
Kojare shrugs with a couple of sets of shoulders. "They're just legends, where I come from, but there, they're supposed to be immortal. They look basically like humans, but they've got these hidden proboscises that they use to suck your life away. Ah, some mind control, I think. Not sure about what else, as I never took them seriously. Are you vampires much different? As far as I know, they die just as easily as anyone else, if you can get the drop on them."

Morty
2010-12-09, 05:06 PM
The goblin nods. Pretty much right. They're dead people that walk and suck blood out of other people. And we're supposed to get rid of as many of them as we can. It might or might not involve re-killing them.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-09, 05:14 PM
Kojare gives Atoya a double-take, shrugs, and takes it as a good thing that he came here before trying the slums alone. When she just pulls a knife out, though, he is reassured and nods enthusiastically. "Great! Whatever needs doing, point me at it!"

Morty
2010-12-09, 05:49 PM
I suppose vampires are hunted just like anything else. Bait them, then kill them. Except they're very smart and deadly, of course. I think we should focus on the greener, less experienced bloodsuckers first.
((On another note, you might want to select a speech color for your character, TruorTupnm.))

billtodamax
2010-12-09, 05:50 PM
But, wait, can't you only kill them with holy symbols, garlic, or a wooden stake to the heart? Rebecca asks, confused. I think they might have been raised on different definitions of "vampire".

Morty
2010-12-09, 05:56 PM
When we corner a vampire, we'll put a stake through its heard and then cut its head off. That should do the trick. I think my crossbow can shoot stakes... Dipsnig takes his crossbow off his back and begins fiddling with it.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-09, 06:05 PM
Kojare tilts his head with confusion at the different version of vampire that the Nexus has, but he figures that he'd better get used to crazily magical things that don't make sense, here. "Well, a head shot off with a blaster bolt ought to do just as well, right? Right?" He looks unsure for a second, then flips his blaster to the Stun setting. "Only certain things like wood can hurt them, then? Well, if it's got a brain, it can be stunned, at least. I might wanna pick up some of that other stuff, when I can, though."

Morty
2010-12-09, 06:14 PM
I don't know a lot about what kills vampires, really. The thing to remember is that they ought to be dead but are still walking. Running their hearts through with something and cutting their heads off should suffice. Shooting them in the head with a blaster... we'll see. Blasters schorch flesh after all, and vampires are said to be vulnerable to that.

billtodamax
2010-12-09, 06:21 PM
Alright, if you think so. Rebecca says. Are we ready to go? She asks, weaving a few quick spells for later.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-09, 06:23 PM
Kojare nods at them both. Even though he can't be sure of how effective his blaster would be, he looks plenty confident.

Morty
2010-12-09, 06:24 PM
Alright, let's move out and hunt some vampires. Others can join us later.
However, Dipsnig will deadtime on his way to Inside Slums. Viima will stay in the base. Vampire hunting is too dangerous for Dipsnig to take her.

billtodamax
2010-12-09, 06:27 PM
Rebecca will follow him, and will wait for Truor to post in Inside first.

V'icternus
2010-12-09, 06:31 PM
Atoya, naturally, tags along, wondering how much trouble she can get into, and how much money she stands to make.

Lex-Kat
2010-12-09, 07:57 PM
Vincent sticks his tongue out at Caroline. Like so: :smalltongue:

He grabs a random cardboard tube from nearby and gently rests it on her shoulder. All kids should have random cardboard tubes nearby if they don't already.

"Do this successfully knight-amazon Caroline and you get a parcel of land and one treasure of your choice from the fair king Dipsnig."
I know exactly what I'll ask him for. She smirks up at Vincent.

She stands up. Well, I have to go pack. Give me a call sometime. She holds out a piece of paper with her cell phone number on it.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 08:06 PM
Vincent raises his eyebrow at her first comment and puts the cardboard tube away.

He nods when she stands. "Heh. Alright. Meet you on the road to school. And then again at school." :smalltongue: He takes her number and finds a piece of paper to write down his number and give it to her. Before putting her number into his phone.

Lex-Kat
2010-12-09, 08:22 PM
Caroline quickly adds Vincent's number to hers. Then she says, Vincent.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 08:27 PM
"Yes?" :smallconfused:
Oh. Maybe she was doing that voice activated things phones have nowadays. Vincent doesn't know how to use that part.

Lex-Kat
2010-12-09, 08:56 PM
:smallamused: Darn, you figured it out.

That is exactly waht she was doing. Oh, I was just activating the Voice Recognition for your number. Now I just say your name, and it dials your number.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 08:58 PM
"Wow, really? Neat!" Vincent heads over to stand next to Caroline and look at the phone. "Vincent!"

Lex-Kat
2010-12-09, 11:03 PM
His phone doesn't ring.

She smiles and giggles. Silly. Our phones have voice recognition. Vincent. Now his phone rings, if he has the ringer on.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 11:07 PM
"Oh." Vincent presses the button to make it stop ringing.
"So... how does it know when you want to call me and when you're just saying my name in conversation?"

Lex-Kat
2010-12-09, 11:16 PM
I'm not sure. Caroline frowns. I'll just have to give you a pet name from here on. How about..... Mister Cuddlebottom?

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 11:18 PM
I'm not sure. Caroline frowns. I'll just have to give you a pet name from here on. How about..... Mister Cuddlebottom?

Vincent gives Caroline a look. The look even.
"If you must, would Vince work or set off the phone?"

Lex-Kat
2010-12-09, 11:26 PM
Caroline sighs. I don't think so, Vince. The phone shouldn't ring. *Pout*

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 11:30 PM
"Oh come on Caroline! Do you really think I can be called Mister Cuddlebottom?! What would... anyone think?"

celtois
2010-12-10, 12:58 AM
(Self RP is bad. Don't follow my example kiddy winklets. )

It's a matter of time before Ayrissa gets back from the bar where she had up until this point been enjoying herself.

However right upon her entry through the door with sparky. She gets this odd feeling that something is wrong.

Then there is the note.

A body? She has to preform an autopsy. Well wasn't that exciting. It wasn't exactly the best end to the day but. It could still be fun.

She makes her way to the medical lab where she encounters a rather sullen and despondent Lightning Lass.

Who she passes by to check on the corpse, making idle conversation while she does so.

Autopsyifying occurs... and she is able to find out. *Cues MPG*

V'icternus
2010-12-10, 02:50 AM
Atoya, Rebecca in her arms and severed vampire head in her hands, struggles her way into the base.

She's panting, her arms rather strained, but at least they were safe.

"Just thank the gods you are not heavy..."

billtodamax
2010-12-10, 02:52 AM
Wait, didn't I say? Rebecca's made out of gold. Massively heavy. :smalltongue:

It's lucky for Atoya, but probably more so for Rebecca, that Ayrissa is trained in doctoring!

V'icternus
2010-12-10, 02:54 AM
Walking into the quarters, but not knowing which room is Rebecca's, Atoya drops Rebecca on her own bed, tossing the disgusting Vampire head into the corner.

"You're... lucky you're so... very cute... or I would be... very upset with you for this..." She pants, lying down on the bed next to her, chest heaving.

"Is there a doctor in the house?" She questions the air weakly.

billtodamax
2010-12-10, 03:03 AM
Rebecca is quite easily dropped onto Atoya's bed. Still unconcsious doo dee doo dee doo.

V'icternus
2010-12-10, 03:07 AM
Atoya tries to rouse her awake.

"Come on, sleepyhead..."

She checked her head.
Ooh. Quite a bump...

"I'm gonna find you some help."

Standing, Atoya heads out into the base proper and looks for someone, anyone, who might have more medical experience than her. Which was about none.

billtodamax
2010-12-10, 03:15 AM
Unconcious!

It's getting harder and harder to spell that word, but I'm going to have to tough it out, because that's what Rebecca remains.

Aaaaaand we should probably DT until someone else gets on.

V'icternus
2010-12-10, 03:18 AM
Unconcious!

It's getting harder and harder to spell that word, but I'm going to have to tough it out, because that's what Rebecca remains.

Aaaaaand we should probably DT until someone else gets on.

I hate other people's time zones. :smalltongue:

Morty
2010-12-10, 10:23 AM
Dipsnig walks up to the people who have just returned from the vampire hunt. Due to the extreme timezone incompatibility, it can probably be assumed he didn't take part. How did it go?

V'icternus
2010-12-10, 10:27 AM
"That depends..." Atoya begins a little sheepishly.

"Do you have any medicinal experience?
If so, it went brilliantly, but come with me!
If not, then it went kinda crummy and I need to be alone."

Morty
2010-12-10, 10:29 AM
I don't have any medical experience. One of our medics is kinda busy at the moment, it seems, but we have someone else with healing capabilities. Roxie! Dipsnig calls out.

celtois
2010-12-10, 10:32 AM
One post. Before I have to bolt again to make it to class.

Ayrissa ceases her examination of the corpse when. The injured young lady is brought it.

Getting out her medical bag. She will being working away at treating her.

First she has to ID the injury

Following that she'll wash out the wound to insure it's nice and clean

Step 3 is to provide some anti-inflammatory to help keep the swelling down

Step 4 nano-bots are injected into the injury to start minor tissue repairs.

Ayrissa will examine the injury further to see what else she could do that might help

(Since I'm off at awkward times you are free to Godmode me for medical things should you need :smallsmile:)

(Note that any of the above steps could fail depending on how easy it is to use needles and so forth.)

V'icternus
2010-12-10, 10:35 AM
Atoya, naturally, leads Ayrissa to Rebecca, still on Atoya's bed, so she can do her work to fix her bump to the head.

Atoya herself just stands in the corner next to the Vampire head and bites her lip.

Morty
2010-12-10, 10:37 AM
Oh, well. I guess Roxie can still help if she shows up. Now, tell me what happened when you went out hunting.

happyturtle
2010-12-10, 10:38 AM
Roxie flies in at Dipsnig's call. She's a 4" tall pixie.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/avatar21.png[/QUOTE]

"What's the problem?"

V'icternus
2010-12-10, 10:42 AM
Oh, well. I guess Roxie can still help if she shows up. Now, tell me what happened when you went out hunting.

"Um, well, we fought two vampires, she took a hit or two to the head, and then she went all glowy-eyed...
Not sure what happened...
And then I just kinda had to carry her back here.
Oh!" She pulls the pouch of ashes out of her pocket.
"This and the head." She indicates the Vampire head now sitting next to her foot. "Proof we got 'em!
We'd have kept hunting, but... given the circumstances..."

Atoya looks over at the bed.

"I don't know which room's hers so I just brought her to mine..."

Morty
2010-12-10, 10:46 AM
Rebecca was injured, Roxie. She's being taken care of, but but might still be able to help...
He then listens to Atoya's report.
Hm. Well, at least the vampires are down. Rebecca has displayed some strange powers before... I do hope she'll be fine. Dipsnig taps his fang. As for retreating here when Rebecca was down, it's fine.

V'icternus
2010-12-10, 10:50 AM
"She'll be okay, right?
She was acting very strange...
But maybe that's how magic works... I never had a head for all that kind of stuff."

She brushes her long black hair back over her shoulders.

"Still, victory for Team Us. We're getting paid.
...We are getting paid, aren't me? I mean, we?"

Morty
2010-12-10, 10:53 AM
I'll send the Empire a message. We have the ashes and the head to show as proof, so they won't have any reason not to pay us. He decides to ignore Atoya's slip of the tongue for now.

happyturtle
2010-12-10, 10:54 AM
Roxie tries a little healing pixie dust, on the grounds that it can't hurt.

"Hey Dipsnig? Have you seen Tweetums?"

V'icternus
2010-12-10, 10:56 AM
Atoya pauses, tilting her head.

"What on Earth is a Tweetums?"

Morty
2010-12-10, 10:58 AM
No, I haven't. Bianca took him on her mission to save Lord Magtok, and they both haven't returned yet. And Tweetum's is Roxie's dinosaur.

V'icternus
2010-12-10, 11:01 AM
"Her...What?"

Atoya is dreadfully confused and a little worried that there might be a monster loose somewhere around here...

And all of a sudden she was also annoyed at all the people in her brand new room.
She's funny that way.

happyturtle
2010-12-10, 11:03 AM
I guess Atoya hasn't seen the beast pens yet. Or the demonic sheep pasture.

"Oh, okay. I'm sure he'll be fine then," Roxie says, and zips out to take care of the sheep.

Morty
2010-12-10, 11:06 AM
Dinosaur. A big lizard. One of Roxie's pets. He shrugs. It was a bit weird at the start, but I got used to it.

V'icternus
2010-12-10, 11:09 AM
"...Oh.
Well, um, if you don't mind, I need some rest...
Vampire hunting and all...
So... thanks for dropping by."

She grins, then yawns, then returns to tiredly grinning.

Morty
2010-12-10, 11:12 AM
Sure, okay. Good job with those bloodsuckers. Dipsnig leaves to take care of other stuff.

V'icternus
2010-12-10, 11:16 AM
Atoya beams at the compliment, and shuts the door as Dipsnig leaves.

She tosses off her cloak and finally gets out of those boots.
Practical? Sure. Stylish? She thought so. Comfortable? Not one bit.

Stretching her feet, Atoya nudges Rebecca over so she can get some room in her own bed for sleeping.

She yawns loudly. "Well... isn't this bed comfy..."

It really was.
Most beds she had slept in before now had been filled with straw... this was very, very comfortable.

Smiling, this new found comfort suiting her, Atoya drifts into sleep.

((And that's my cue to get some myself))

billtodamax
2010-12-10, 04:31 PM
Rebecca has a broken jaw and a serious head injury!

Well, she had those things. Luckily Ayrissa was able to tend to the head wound, keeping the swelling down and minimizing damage. The jaw she was able to set in place, and the nanobots and healing magic took care of the break, although it's still sore.

She starts to wake up, bleary and not sure where she is.

celtois
2010-12-10, 04:36 PM
Ayrissa is still there, Watching over the patient.

"Hey, I'm going to ask you to do couple of things in a moment. So please listen to me. You've taken a pretty serious beating so you're going to have to stay laying down."

Sparky chirps cheerfully, trying to cheer up the injured patient.

"I need to know how bad your head was hit. So we'll start with some basic questions. Do you remember your name?" It's all said in the soft, gentle tone. That most people probably have never heard Ayrissa speak in. Being a field surgeon it was rarely called for, but with head trauma it always helped to be nice.

billtodamax
2010-12-10, 04:50 PM
...k. 'm Rebecca. She says, blinking. She glances sideways and notices Atoya. Why was she lying in Atoya's bed?

celtois
2010-12-10, 04:54 PM
That's a question all right.

"Very good, it seems you still have handle on hearing, as well as basic memory recall. Now how many fingers am I holding up?" She raises a hand with 2 fingers up.

Sparky beeps his encouragement to her

"Now If it's not to much to ask do you remember the circumstances that lead up to your injury."

Checking for short term memory loss wee!

billtodamax
2010-12-10, 04:58 PM
2. We were... going out for some reason. Hunting something. Vampires, that's it. And... we found some... and then I was punched and kicked in the head. She says. Bit foggy then.

celtois
2010-12-10, 05:03 PM
"Well it seems you have a bit of short term memory loss. Which all and all isn't bad at all for what you suffered. Just a couple more tests and I'll let you go"

Ayrissa can't help but smile this part was always a little amusing.

"I need you to wiggle your fingers and toes, so check responsiveness, after which you should be good to go. However if you have any problems or dizziness come see me immediately. As well you jaw was broken, while I have mended the bone it should be sore for the next few days. So be careful."
She was pretty sure that, the patient was okay, but still she had to go through all the symptoms.

billtodamax
2010-12-10, 05:12 PM
Rebecca waggles fingers + toes.

They waggle!

Huzzah!

K.

celtois
2010-12-10, 05:13 PM
"It would seem your a-okay then. Give it a couple days and you should feel right as rain too. Just try not to push yourself to hard for the next couple days." Ayrissa smiles at Becca.

billtodamax
2010-12-10, 05:19 PM
Thanks for healing me. She says, smiling at Ayrissa. Did we get the vampires?

celtois
2010-12-10, 05:28 PM
"Not a problem it's what I do. I even occasionally get paid for it." Ayrissa winks at Beccy.

Sparky is now floating about excitedly, as per usual.

"I'm sorry I haven't any clue if you did or not, perhaps the person who brought you in could fill you in on what happened."

V'icternus
2010-12-10, 06:45 PM
Atoya opens her eyes, disgruntled by all the talking. "Wuh?"

She looks around, and sees that Rebecca has woken, and seems to be alright.

"Oh, good, you're okay!"
She hugs the young mage tightly. "You had me worried there!"

billtodamax
2010-12-10, 07:01 PM
Rebecca looks up at Sparky in puzzlement.

Morning. She says, as she's hugged by Atoya. Did we get them? She asks.

V'icternus
2010-12-10, 07:05 PM
"Yep!" She smiles brightly, then turns away and looks a little odd.
"...I had to carry a severed head all the way back here...
Not to mention you. What happened to you in that alley?"

billtodamax
2010-12-10, 07:26 PM
I was kicked in the head? What do you- She's quiet for a few seconds. Oh okay. Sorry, he doesn't tell me sometimes. Terrance took over my body. She says rather calmly.

V'icternus
2010-12-10, 07:30 PM
"Um... what?"

Atoya looks at her, puzzled, and sits up.

"Who is... how did...
Huh?"