PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf [WoD]

Godskook
2010-11-30, 04:53 PM
Ok, I'm not sure if this is nWoD or oWoD, but I joined a werewolf game a month ago, with a fairly low starting xp, near as I can tell.

So, naturally, being new to the system, I did the logical thing, and stuck close to whichever friend was nearest and seemed to know what was going on. Session 1, our group met Charlie D, a wolf(suffered from delirium) who knew explicitly human things(terminology and he was a drug runner, for instance). Naturally, this smelled of a plot hook, but being the new guy, I didn't really bother bringing it up in session 2. Didn't have to. Our weekly 'plot hook' would've taken us to Charlie D anyway. So me and 3 RL friends take off to find the wolf who thinks like a human. Group splits, and my buddy is the only one of the 4 of us who's played more than 3 sessions at this place, and his char's name is Isaiah. Us 2 approach the territory of a wolf pack(designated by his Sense the Prey gift) where we think Charlie is. Since Isaiah and Charlie don't get along, he drops into the umbra, and I do the talking(except he goes on without me......yeah) when 3 large wolves show up. After being told to leave by the one we assume to be the Alpha, I hear a "F*CK" come from the direction of their lair, but in wolf's tongue. I show up to find Isaiah bluffing his way into the part of the pack that's there(the 3 from the boundary couldn't keep up with me). That falls apart when the "Alpha" gets back, and a fight clearly breaks out. Being an Ahroun, I relished a chance to actual do something, and proceeded to grapple lock the leader. Well, next round, the other 2 of our group show up, jump in, and we soon have the situation roughly under control. Next round, a fostern-ranked member of the sept named Puck shows up, drops a fear effect, scatters most people, and rallies the rest to his control. Isaiah, myself and Puck all begin to head towards where Charlie ran off to with the pack falling into rank behind us. Except the "Alpha", who beelines towards Isaiah. Being faster than both and better in melee than Isaiah, I try to put myself between them. Isaiah eventually tires of it, turns, and does an aggravated attack to the "Alpha's" hind leg. Puck sees us fighting, drops another fear effect, and Isaiah high-tails it into another plot, rather than fixing the "Alpha's" leg like he planned. Puck and I find the wolf dead soon after. By game-wrap, Puck is the only one the wolf-pack likes, and Isaiah has gone back later that night, and the next day to take over as Alpha of the pack, wanting to balance the death he caused.

Session 3, scandal is called, with much of the sept wanting Isaiah dead. Turns out, that pack was some weird group of humans given second chances by a Red Talon Elder as lupus kinfolk. They were explicitly his pack, and the "Alpha" Isaiah killed was actually their Beta. Trial commences, with a long-time Ragabash leading the prosecution. Wanna guess who the Galiard was? One of the accused, a guy who has exactly 1 previous session and no system mastery under his belt.

More on this later, but suffice it to say, I need help on powergaming my char, and a way of knowing how to not break the Litany by accident.