PDA

View Full Version : (GURPS) Critical misses

Ilmryn
2010-11-30, 05:02 PM
I am in a supers game where several characters have extremely high combat skills, leading to the fact that crits are very important. Since unarmed combat tends to be quite common, the current crit table has all too many entries of 1d6-3 damage to the limb you were striking with, especially since msot people have DR. Could anyone make a new crit miss table specifiacally for unarmed combat?

Ilmryn
2010-11-30, 06:21 PM
Anyone have an idea?

Ragitsu
2010-11-30, 07:11 PM
Could you not scale up damage using the C/D/I/M scale GURPS uses for vehicles/Superheroes?

Ilmryn
2010-12-01, 04:12 PM
Could you not scale up damage using the C/D/I/M scale GURPS uses for vehicles/Superheroes?

Is that a 4e thing? Because I'm using 3e.

The Big Dice
2010-12-01, 06:48 PM
There's unarmed fumble tables in Martial Arts for 3rd edition. And in one of the 3rd ed Compendiums.

fusilier
2010-12-01, 11:59 PM
Ignore DR in those cases. The table isn't clear, but if someone wearing armor critically missed a punch and hurt his arm, I wouldn't allow the DR of the armor to protect him. So why allow an innate DR?

Compendium II has a couple of critical miss tables just for unarmed combat they may be useful. Unless it explicitly states that DR "protects normally", I would ignore DR when taking damage from a critical miss.