PDA

View Full Version : Basic D&D 3.5e IC Thread

Ser_Olmsted
2010-11-30, 07:39 PM
You have all been traveling for at least a day, from where and to where only you can say, but by an odd twist of fate, you have all ended up in the hills of the Westmarch at around the same time. The sky overhead has been looking darker and darker all day, but there has been nowhere to take shelter. In the distance, however, you see the remains of a large tower coming out the top of a large hill. Though the hill itself is far to steep to climb, you may be able to find shelter there, and the rain is beginning to come down hard. In an area known for its heavy storms, it might be wise to attempt to find shelter. What do you do?

arguskos
2010-11-30, 11:07 PM
The nigh-wisp of an elf looks up at the sky and shudders. "Keldan, the rain is coming closer. Do we make a break for town, or do we take cover in yon tower?" He pulls his distinctive blue and gold robes about his shoulders, and shivers against the coming cold. Behind him, a secutor (http://www.gladiatorschool.tv/secutor.jpg) clad man steps close to the mage, and throws his cloak about the pale elf's shoulders. The elf raises one hand so the warrior can see it, and makes a rapid set of gestures, to which the man merely nods once, betraying no sounds and remaining unseen behind his heavy helm.

fendrin
2010-12-01, 01:27 AM
Jax

A muffled voice grumbles from a nearby ditch.
"Never... last time... to hell with the guard... never shoulda left the city... damnable rain... just wanted a nap..."

The speaker remains out of sight, but the voice trails off in the direction of the hilltop tower.

monkman
2010-12-01, 04:53 PM
The half-orc continues to walk to the tower,Not at all caring about the rain,He had been through worse before.While, in the distance he see 2 humanoid creatures and calls out to them
Hey,Are you heading for the tower to hide from the rain?

Derjuin
2010-12-01, 06:11 PM
Selena

Selena trudges over the hills, her mood dampening with the falling rain.

Hate the rain, hate the rain, oh how I hate the rain... She mumbles under her breath; looking up, she spots a ruined tower; her mood starts to brighten when she also spots others heading toward the same tower.

"Greetings!" She calls, looking for signs of peace or aggression before getting any closer.

Halna LeGavilk
2010-12-01, 07:24 PM
Keldan nods at Hex. "Definitely a good idea, Hex. You'll freeze to death out here." Keldan shot Hex a lopsided, rougeish smile. He turned to see an orcish looking fellow approaching the three. Hearing the orc's speech, and realizing that it may possibly be smart, he smiled widely and approached him. "Hail, friend! My name is Keldan Poytlan. I do believe that my friend and I will be for the tower."

Ser_Olmsted
2010-12-01, 09:18 PM
When about fifty feet from the edge of giant hill, your fears about there being no way up are confirmed. The edges are rocky and steep, however moving around the edges you notice a doorway with large wooden doors set in a stone portal. The ground just outside it slopes away from the doorway, directing the falling water out and away. Given this fact and the sturdy nature of the hill, whatever space lies beyond the door should be both dry and safe from lightning and hail. The construction seems quite sturdy, so the likely-hood of collapse, even in severe conditions such as these, is remote.

arguskos
2010-12-01, 09:20 PM
"Ugh, orcs. Filthy things. This one seems civil enough though. Let's hope he stays that way." Hex mutters to himself as Keldan calls back. He's by far the more sociable of the two of them.

As the doorway unto the mountain (:smalltongue:) becomes more apparent, Hex gestures to it. Mus'ad nods, moving up to the doors and throwing them open with a quick gesture. The elf and warrior move inside quickly to avoid the rain.

monkman
2010-12-02, 07:18 PM
While walking to the castle with the three others.He speaks
I am Erag Bolsterhin, A travelling cleric seeking to do some good.When he gets to the gate, He also says
Would it botter you if i spent the night inside this tower with you people?

fendrin
2010-12-02, 07:32 PM
Jax

Seemingly out of nowhere, a blur of movement and a spray of muddy water zip past the trio through the doorway.

"I-hate-the-rain-I-hate-the-rain-I-hate-the-rain-I-hate-the-rain!"

Skidding to a stop just past the tall folk, Jax slumps against the wall just inside the doorway.

"Uh, sorry if I splashed you a bit... but well, ya'know, rain. Nasty stuff. Kill ya if y'arn't careful."

His grey eyes dart around examining the others. His eyes pause briefly on faces, weapons, and any bulging pockets or pouches.

Ser_Olmsted
2010-12-02, 08:20 PM
The door, despite being quite heavy, opens rather easily and swings back into place if not held open. You enter into the room, which has obviously not seen occupancy in some time. By your best estimates it is about a hundred feet square. Those of you who approach the walls see peeling paint and old carvings, covered in a layer of dust. Along each of the walls are three giant stone doors leading further into the hillside, two along the far walls, and one directly across from the entrance. The floor is hard flagstone, but it is dry.

Everyone please provide a brief description of their characters now that you're all gathered together. Also, state what light sources you all have out, if any.

arguskos
2010-12-02, 10:59 PM
Hextoler is a medium height elf, but unlike almost all elves outside the elven homelands, has golden tinted skin and shock white hair. His robes are a rich navy blue with golden trim around the edges and lining the deep hood that covers most of his face. As he walks into the darkness, he reaches into his robes and pulls out a dullish grey stone, speaks a word to imbue it with light, and releases it to slowly orbit him, shedding light on their surroundings.

Mus'ad (http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/gladius/art-007.jpg) stands impassively, watching the guttersnipe warily.

fendrin
2010-12-02, 11:58 PM
Jax

Jax has hair... of some indeterminate color. It's brownish, but like the rest of him, so dirty it's hard to make out the actual color. The dirt and grime is caked on, but streaked from the rain. He's currently sitting on the floor, his back against the wall, plucking leaves and twigs off of his clothes and out of his hair. He is either completely oblivious or completely uncaring about the looks coming from muscular man.

Derjuin
2010-12-03, 01:26 AM
Selena

Selena stands just over five-and-a-half feet tall, in rugged studded leather armor; her skin is tanned, looking as if she's been outside for a good part of her life. Her hair consists of short brown locks in the front and hair just long enough to reach her shoulders in the back. Her cloak covers most of the blade of the large sword strapped to her back; the handle, however, is exposed, and is decorated with several symbols and gold leafing. She does not hold any source of light, not wanting to have lost her last torch to the downpour outside. She begins by offering a short bow to the others, looking each over with a careful eye. She then smiles and begins to introduce herself.

"I am Selena, a warrior for good. I hope we are all able to share the tower's dry haven tonight; it is a bad night for travelling, with the rain and the storm."

monkman
2010-12-03, 12:19 PM
Erag

Erag is larger than the normal human/orc standing at 6 feat,6 inches.His hair is the color of walnuts and it barely covers his head,He also has 2 piercings,One on his ear,the other one on his nose.He has an athletic body and with his scale mail it seems even bigger.After taking off his backpack,he looks if he could light a torch but it would seem that there all to wet.(He also has darkvision 60ft)

Halna LeGavilk
2010-12-03, 04:26 PM
OOC: Full description in the character sheet.

IC: Keldan smiled at the accrued people. "Looks like we have quite the cast, here, hmm?" He sicked his hair back, letting the water droplets pour off of him. Shaking his hair out, he looked around their surroundings, before turning back to the rest of the group. He struck a rather handsome figure, looking something of a swashbuckler, his infectious smile turned on the rest of them. "Hello, all. Keldan's my name. I know Hex and Mo, been introduced to Erag and Selena, he said, nodding at those two in turn "but you... you I have not had the pleasure of introduction., as he walked over to Jax.

arguskos
2010-12-03, 04:54 PM
Hex looks around at the motley crew, handing Mus'ad back his cloak. "I am Hextoler, mage for hire, and this is Mus'ad, my bodyguard. He doesn't speak, so don't mind him too much. We travel with Keldan, seeking work and adventure. It looks like we may have found it." He gestures around the room, then realizes something. "We have a champion of good and a priest of some flavor sharing the same roof. What deities, if you don't mind a fellow traveler asking?"

monkman
2010-12-03, 07:35 PM
I serve the God of strength.The one who is named the Brawler.Kord.

Derjuin
2010-12-03, 10:29 PM
Selena

Selena smiles and nods. "Not at all," she says. "While I am a warrior for all Good, my primary deity is Pelor." She taps the hilt of her sword, a golden sun engraved on its guard.

fendrin
2010-12-03, 10:30 PM
Jax

Watching Keldan approach, Jax scans him top to bottom, trying to take a measure of the man. His eyes clearly seem to function well despite the limited light.*

"M'name's Jax."

OOC: *Jax has both darkvision 60' and lowlight vision.

Halna LeGavilk
2010-12-03, 10:40 PM
Keldan chuckles and his voice drops low. "No need to be so suspicious, Jax. We're all friendly here."

arguskos
2010-12-03, 11:21 PM
"Ah, Kord and Pelor, fine gods, yes, yes, fine indeed. A pleasure, to be certain." Hex nods to the faithful, then watches Keldan and Jax have at it. "Be nice, Keldan. The... halfing, I think, just met us. He's allowed to be suspicious. Though my good fellow, you are in dire need of a cleaning. There's some rain outside. I think I might have some soap, if you're interested." He smiles at the mud-caked halfling.

Halna LeGavilk
2010-12-04, 12:15 PM
Keldan laughs at Hex's comment. "You shouldn't be talking about nice, Hex. I've always been nicer than you are."

arguskos
2010-12-04, 12:46 PM
"Oh, hush up you." Hex waves his hand at Keldan. They'd danced this dance before many a time. He then looks around at the area with curiosity. "Well, we're all here, dry enough, and seem to be in good spirits. Mayhaps we poke about a little?"

Ser_Olmsted
2010-12-04, 06:36 PM
arguskos Where do you want to explore first?

fendrin
2010-12-05, 08:08 AM
Jax

The grime covered gnome stares at the two men, clearly not wanting to share what he thinks of their dialogue.
Friendly? Nice? Hya, no. Strangers are strangers, and 'friends' can be just as treacherous. These two wouldn't last a week on the street.

"I'mma Gnome, and only an idiot bathes in a storm, you can get yerself killed doin' that. So sorry iffen my condition offends your del'cate sensibilities, but I don't get luxuries like baths or hot meals very often."

Halna LeGavilk
2010-12-05, 05:55 PM
Keldan just smiles and shrugs at Jax. "Your choice. If you don't trust some people, those things will continue to elude you." He turns around and looks at the doors. "I vote we explore deeper inside, see if we can find some firewood or something. I vote to the one over there." He says, pointing at the nearest door on the right.

arguskos
2010-12-05, 06:15 PM
Hex bows slightly to the filthy homeless gnome. "You have my apologies, Master Jax, for the racial confusion. And yes, Keldan, I think that looks fine. Perhaps we can cook those rabbits Mus'ad caught earlier? A bit of a hot meal, shared among fellows, always good, no?"

Ser_Olmsted
2010-12-06, 01:02 AM
You walk to the door and pull, however though it moves slightly, it won't open with any amount of force. Unfortunately, you also see no way of unlocking the doors from this side. After checking each of the doors you realize that they are all the same, and all locked equally well.

fendrin
2010-12-06, 12:13 PM
Jax

In the blink of an eye, Jax is at one of the locked doors.
"Ooh... locked doors... I wonder what's on the other side..."

He pulls a couple of small tools from inside his tunic, and begins poking at the door with the oddly shaped metal rods.

OOC:
Searching for traps, hidden switches, etc.
[roll0]

Ser_Olmsted
2010-12-08, 04:02 PM
Your probing finds nothing on any of the doors, but as you do your work, the thunder and lightning outside begin to intensify. Though the structure as a whole seems sound, suddenly the doors begin to tremble with each peal of thunder. As you move back, the door falls, narrowly missing you.

Suddenly the room is full of the sound of rats, and they don't seem happy. Roll initiative.

arguskos
2010-12-08, 05:07 PM
Hex starts, muttering as he does. "Rats. Why is it always rats? Mus'ad, get 'em!"

Rolls:

Hex Initiative: [roll0]
Mus'ad Intiative: [roll1]

fendrin
2010-12-08, 05:34 PM
Jax

"Whoa! Well now I know what's for dinner tonight."

OOC:
[roll0]

Halna LeGavilk
2010-12-08, 06:34 PM
Keldan's attention immediately snaps to the rats, not saying anything but merely reacting.

[roll0]

Derjuin
2010-12-08, 06:47 PM
Selena

Grabbing for her sword, Selena turns and readies herself for a fight.

[roll0]

monkman
2010-12-09, 12:52 PM
Erag

He grabs his mace and waits to see the rats
[roll0]