PDA

View Full Version : Town Public Library

Pages : [1] 2 3

Fenric
2006-08-23, 02:49 PM
The town's public library lives in a nondescript stone building near the city hall. *The wood panelling on the walls and the wooden shelves of the book are only inviting to scholars. *Thick carpeting and tapestries ensure that silence can always be counted on in this place.

Not a great resource for magical knowledge, but a great place for novels, not-necessarily-accurate history, treatises on miscellaneous religions (some of which even exist), and other mundane information.

The Librarian is an elf named Ivellios Q. Holimion, who speaks in teal.

Kantur
2006-08-23, 02:53 PM
((I thought Amiria had information on almost anything...I seem to recall her nostalgically commenting on the lack of people doing so now...))

Flabbicus
2006-08-23, 02:55 PM
(( But you have to pay to visit hers. ::) ))

Lykan
2006-08-23, 02:56 PM
[Hmmm... I wonder if they have the egyptian book of the dead here...]

Fenric
2006-08-23, 02:57 PM
(( Hmm... Amiria is why I specifically disclaimed any useful magical knowledge. And there is that 300 gp entry fee... a bit much to pick up a novel :) ))

Flabbicus
2006-08-23, 02:57 PM
(( Out plot of the Mummy out! ))

(( Unless of course, pygmy mummies are involved. ))

Exachix
2006-08-23, 02:58 PM
((I wonder if they have Eddings... gah! check later.))

Kantur
2006-08-23, 02:59 PM
(( Hmm... Amiria is why I specifically disclaimed any useful magical knowledge. And there is that 300 gp entry fee... a bit much to pick up a novel :) ))

((I thought the new colouring book was worth it...:)))

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 03:02 PM
Aikidu enters the Library and looks around. Having never been in the building before, he looks in awe at the number of books.

Exachix
2006-08-23, 03:04 PM
Exachix follows Aikidu in, but slows as he looks as the multitude of books.

"I seriouisly hope it's sectioned and sorted."

Fenric
2006-08-23, 03:05 PM
*Fenric pokes through the first couple of shelves*

Who knew there were this many elvish romance novels?

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 03:06 PM
Aikidu blinks and looks for a librarian. Where's Libris when you need her...

Exachix
2006-08-23, 03:08 PM
Exachix raises his hand. As he looks though another shelf.

"Libary's love them, makes them look full."

Exachix sighs.

"Some are ok, but mostly terrible."

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 03:10 PM
Aikidu picks up a nearby book and starts reading aloud.

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits
On a lurgid bee.

He cringes a bit.

[cookie for referance]

Fenric
2006-08-23, 03:11 PM
(( Sounds Vogon ))

*Fenric nods*

Yes, Libris could probably help here :)

*Fenric walks down into the aisle*

Goody... I always wanted to know how to raise turnips.

Exachix
2006-08-23, 03:13 PM
((Sounds like a Vogon Poem. H2G2.))

Exachix picks out a book entitled: "The eastern Deserts for begginners".

Deadly
2006-08-23, 03:14 PM
Achim comes walking down an aisle, apparently reading 3 books at the same time. He looks up a bit surprised. Oh, hello there. he says and picks out a fourth book from a nearby bookcase.

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 03:15 PM
Aikidu puts down the book and looks up. We could always go to the aisle marked "Religion/History".

He motions upward, while looking back at his companions, to tapestries, more like banners really, hanging from the ceiling. Clearly, they label the subjects in the Aisles.

Fenric
2006-08-23, 03:16 PM
*Fenric continues down his aisle, but seems to be getting further from useful information*

Selective breeding in herds of... *Fenric stops* no, no... That's just wrong.

I seem to be in agriculture down here.

*Fenric comes back out of that aisle and looks up.*

Well... um... the hangings... dang. Hi Achim.

*Fenric heads down the appropriate aisle*

Cathrindir
2006-08-23, 03:19 PM
Cathrindir enters and looks around, then picks up a book. "Jabberwocky.
'Twas Brillig, and the slithy toves,
Did Gyre and Gimble in the wave,
And mimsy were the Borogoves,
And the momeraths outgrabe.
.....((Cookie for refernce))
Who wrote this??"

Exachix
2006-08-23, 03:19 PM
((we just failed our spot checks didn't we.))

((H2G2 again?))

Exachix sighs, and his Familliar peaks his head out of the hood.

"Please?".
"No, they may not like it."

Exachix walks to the Aisle Aikidu pointed out.

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 03:20 PM
Aikidu, who happens to have a spot check, apparently, looks through the aisle aswell, searching for anything with the word "frost" in it.

Frost Giant Anatomy? That's in the wrong section...

He comes upon one book covered in dust lying on it's side atop several others. He pulls the book out and wipes the centimetre of dust away. The complete guide to the northern lands...

Could be useful... He places the book under his arm and continues walking.

Deadly
2006-08-23, 03:21 PM
Achim nods and puts the book back again. He quickly looks over a number of bookcases and picks out another book seemingly at random. He studies the book for a moment before putting it back and finding another while muttering something to himself.

Fenric
2006-08-23, 03:23 PM
*Fenric looks a little more carefully*

religion... religion...

*Fenric picks up a book that is all in blue*

It's cold! This book has a blue-ice cover!

*He puzzles at the runes on the front*

... can't read these.

Kantur
2006-08-23, 03:23 PM
Yes, Libris could probably help here :)

((Bah, I bet the Rogue would be useless here...;)))

Exachix
2006-08-23, 03:24 PM
Exachix looks through shelves.

"The Holy order of St. Cuthburt...The church of Pelor, Diety's and Demigods II..."

Cathrindir
2006-08-23, 03:26 PM
*Walks over to a random section*
"Hmmmm....Wars....Waste....Watchguards....aha! Water." *Grabs a book entitled "Water for Dummies" another one marked "Water and You" and a magazine "Water Monthly", then walks over to a table and begins reading.*

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 03:27 PM
Blue ice cover? Are you sure? Aikidu walks towards Fenric and touches a paw to the book.

Ipe! he stumbles back with a start.

That looks like... Elven... but varied considerably. he points towards the spine of the book.

Fenric
2006-08-23, 03:29 PM
*Fenric grumbles*

I didn't take comprehend languages today... didn't expect to need to read anything.

*Fenric opens the book. The frontspeice has the same text above and below a woodcarving of an icy mountain. The next page is two columns of the text in illuminated fashion. The pages are cold from the cover, and have an odd texture*

Exachix
2006-08-23, 03:30 PM
Exachix walks over to Fenric and Aikidu.

"And it's looks cold too. I have a Tounges spell ready, but i may be able to read it anyway."

Deadly
2006-08-23, 03:32 PM
Achim put his most recent book back again and walks down anoter aisle. Halfway down the aisle he stops and looks at an old, grey book. He dusts it off and studies it, his expression growing even more serious than before. Suddenly he turns around and leaves the library in a hurry.

Fenric
2006-08-23, 03:33 PM
*Fenric hands the cold book to Exachix*

Exachix
2006-08-23, 03:34 PM
((You'll have to PM me if you want me to read it. I have no idea what it says otherwise :D))

Exachix looks at the book.

<<Space for what it says.>>

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 03:35 PM
Aikidu reads the runes quietly, not knowing the language, but knowing the alphabet pretty well.

I think it's a form of Elvish... and this... could be gnomish.

[basically, if you can understand elvish then it should make some semblance of sense. Though it IS written in a frozen dialect, it is readable. Though it IS up to fenric what language it is in... :p. Aikidu doesn't have elvish as a language. He DOES however have Vulpine, Common, Celestial, and Draconic.

@V: THAT works :D]

Fenric
2006-08-23, 03:37 PM
(( That assumes I made something up. Half the fun of this is throwing around hooks and seeing where folks go with it.

How about a holy text of Alraune's goddess... Hleid? From a *really* long time ago))

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 03:42 PM
Aikidu listens expectantly.

Exachix
2006-08-23, 03:44 PM
((okedokay.))

<Speaking in Elvish>
<insert Elvish speach here>
</Speaking in elvish>

"From what I can tell, it's about Hleid. Holy Writings. Plus some history. She didn't have many followers, but some where my kin, the aquatic elves. (which explains the elvish text)"

((if that's too 'evil' i'll change it))

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 03:44 PM
[Hleid is a good goddess... Yes that's too evil.

IRL I know about Hleid and her enemies, however IC I don't so if you'd like a direct feed... Try snow elves... and actually Uldra are her patron species. They're also gifted linguists :D]

Fenric
2006-08-23, 03:47 PM
*Fenric nods*

Interesting...

Perhaps a quick flip-through is in order, then. If there is a section on her enemies, this symbol may be illustrated.

(( V ah :) ))

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 03:48 PM
[I sent him a Table of contents D:]

Aikidu suggests, Check the table of contents

[@V: Nice recovery!]

Exachix
2006-08-23, 03:52 PM
"Wait, that was an introduction. Hang on a second. That's not good. It's gone to Gnomish writing hereonin. I may be able to read, if it were common or Elvish..."

The writing shifts to a differing language, and does whilst he finds one he can use.

"Woa, hang on... No, No, No, Aha! The book changed langauge. I can read it. Here's what it says:

Introduction: 2
How to spot a Church of Hleid: 10
The Eidolons: 12
Enemies of Hleid: 23
A brief history of the frostfell: 26"

Fenric
2006-08-23, 03:54 PM
*Fenric chuckles*

A table of contents, eh?

Sounds like page 23, then

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 03:55 PM
Let's try "Enemies of Hleid"

[I'll send you a PM with the appropriate information :D]

Exachix
2006-08-23, 03:56 PM
((yay! So this time i can get it right :D))

Exachix shifts to the page and his eyes narrow as he reads it.

"Right, here's what it says:

The only active enemy of Hleid is Iborighu, her brother.

He is a dangerous and sinister god. His worshippers range from thugs and killers, to despotic warlords and powerful, and evil, frost mages. His symbol is an icy scythe rising from a blood-stained snowdrift (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/fb_gallery/83601.jpg).

So that symbol was his."

Fenric
2006-08-23, 04:02 PM
*Fenric arches an eyebrow*

Alraune's goddess' arch-nemesis? That's not good...

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 04:02 PM
Aikidu holds up the image and examines it quietly. I-i'd say that's a pretty definitive identification wouldn't you?

Fenric
2006-08-23, 04:03 PM
*Fenric nods*

Yep, I think we've got it. Think Alraune would be interested in seeing this book? I suppose he already has something rather like it...

Exachix
2006-08-23, 04:05 PM
"Well, if people in your temple found that, then there's big trouble."

Exachix hands the book back to Fenric.

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 04:06 PM
Aikidu shakes his head. It was on the floor of the iceforge. Where Alraune, earin, takumi, and the acolytes are.

Fenric
2006-08-23, 04:09 PM
*Fenric takes the book*

Are they coming back soon? I can't see this guy caring much about a few low-ranked clerics of Inari, but Alraune is probably a target.

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 04:10 PM
Aikidu thinks a moment and says. Alraune was going to be coming back tomorrow. We could always pull him back now, though.

Exachix
2006-08-23, 04:11 PM
"We can't pull them back, unless it's less than a day's ride away. Remeber the mirrors and teleporting."

Fenric
2006-08-23, 04:11 PM
*Fenric thinks about it*

The next shipment should be coming over soon. If the acolytes are doing well, let's encourage Alraune and Earin to come back now.

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 04:14 PM
They only took two scrolls of greater teleportation. Since we can't teleport INTO the frostforge, we should get them onto Lykan's Airship ASAP.

Fenric
2006-08-23, 04:16 PM
*Fenric nods*

Try to get hold of Alraune with your pendant... and let's get back to the temple.

*Fenric heads out*

Exachix
2006-08-23, 04:17 PM
Exachix follows Fenric, but his familliar jumps out of hood and runs in front.

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 04:17 PM
Aikidu walks with Fenric, pulling out his pendant and speaking into it.

Alraune? AURA! Are you there?

There is no response.

Flabbicus
2006-08-24, 10:40 AM
(( May I assume that they have bare knowledge on enchanting weapons? ))

Rilik walks into the library.

Fenric
2006-08-24, 10:43 AM
(( They probably have a brief description of what enchantments are common, and basic outlines of what is required. There wouldn't be any specific instructions or details on enchanting, though. I'm sure there's some smithcraft books that would help you make the metal portion.

Generally: The idea is that it's a mundane library. If you need magic, or really obscure information, you still have to go to Amiria's. I was trying to keep from stepping on her toes. ))

Flabbicus
2006-08-24, 10:52 AM
(( 'kay. But any information is useful. ))

Rilik pulls out a book entitled The Compounded Book on Magic Enchantments.

[hr]

After finding what he was looking for Rilik scrawls a few words on a piece of paper.

He returns the book and leaves.

Amiria
2006-08-24, 05:37 PM

((It is only a 100 gp entry fee. And my library has books on all topics (Knowledge Skills).

However, not so much poetry and fiction (but there is some). Mostly fact books that help with Knowledge skills or just some obscure lore. Specialized in tomes about Transmutation, Fiends and Undead.

And you can buy, trade and copy metric tons of spells))

Flabbicus
2006-08-24, 05:39 PM
((It is only a 100 gp entry fee. And my library has books on all topics (Knowledge Skills).

However, not so much poetry and fiction (but there is some). Mostly fact books that help with Knowledge skills or just some obscure lore. Specialized in tomes about Transmutation, Fiends and Undead.

And you can buy, trade and copy metric tons of spells))

(( Good thing I wasn't looking up anything important then. ))

(( Maybe I'll look for the Deus Ex Machina for my plot in your library. ;) ))

Fenric
2006-08-24, 06:01 PM
(( 100 gp. Well, if I was going to be wrong about your library, might as well get everything wrong all at once. I tried to tone this one down when my mistake was pointed as it was not at all my intention to intrude on Amiria's library. We just needed somewhere to do a quick lookup of local religions. ))

Amiria
2006-08-24, 06:12 PM
((Hmm, no problem. I support the public library.

I understand that it is needed for plots and I often can't be around then. Most plot action here is in the evening hours of EST, that's when we sleep here in Europe.

But you could also just npc my tower staff to help with inquiries. Mainly Counnanh the Old in the library, who speaks in Magenta :)))

Flabbicus
2006-08-24, 06:19 PM
(( To the tower! ))

(( ... ))

(( Of course, after I repay my debt to Fenric... ))

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-24, 06:26 PM
Loren entered the library, absent of the weapons she usually carried with her. After all, this was a /library/. She looked up at the tapestries marking the sections, until she came across one that said "Riddles and logic puzzles." What luck, she hadn't expected to find an entire section.

She picked out a book titled, "Solving Enigmatic Riddles for Dummies," and began to skim it, holding the book in her right hand and very carefully turning the pages with the claws of her left.

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-24, 07:34 PM
Realizing it was not what she was looking for, she put the book back and left the library.

Jackal
2006-09-03, 08:14 PM
Jackal leaves his humble potion stand and enters the library. Jackal tries to sneak past Fenric so he doesnt have to pay the entry fee.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-09-16, 02:02 PM
*The llama burst through the doors ofthe first building he found, shaking both from cold and fright. He scurries through the library leaving snow behind his path. Finally he huddles up in the young adult fiction section and hides, whimpering, ashamed that he was overcome with fear and left his friends behind, but unable to face the possibility of death.*

(Damn you, Kerigan, you broke my llama :P )

[hr]

*it wasn't that Atreyu's been hiding all day. He spent about an hour cowering in fear, then 3 sorta disappointed in himself, then he found a few good books to read like "Yuan-ti on a Roc" and "Your level does not equal your worth." Also useful was "The Power of Positive Wisdom Mods." Finally, he ended up asleep there. When he awoke the next day to the librarian yelling at him for snoring, he panicked. His protection from cold had worn off and he was trapped here. Finally, he remembered the potion Mal gave him. He drank it and headed out into town.*

Cathrindir
2006-09-17, 07:56 PM
Cathrindir enters the Public Library and walks down the aisles for a bit. He finds a book on Land Border Laws and cracks it open.

Korith
2006-09-17, 08:01 PM
Three Arcane Eyes fly into the library and begin studying the wares. A short time later, they depart.

Cathrindir
2006-09-17, 08:42 PM
Cathrindir leaves with his book.

Veg Sorbet
2006-09-17, 09:38 PM
Valthreborn and Anna the ghost enter, and Val begins looking around, whilst Anna stands back, looking at the shelves of books.

Val eventually finds several books on the Town's history and geography, and sits down to study them.

Fen3
2006-09-17, 09:58 PM
*The wraith enters the nearly-deserted library and drifts around*

He slept here last night

*The wraith withdraws down a deep, dusty isle of elvish romance books*

Veg Sorbet
2006-09-17, 10:01 PM
Val looks up, and briefly frowns at the Wraith, then shrugs, and retuns to his reading.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-09-17, 11:13 PM
*Atreyu trots into the library and the librarian comes and brushes all the wool off of him at the door this time, since he's not running for his life.

He makes his way to the action adventure section and is upset to see that it was replaced from where he was reading it. He starts scanning the shelves looking for "Peasant's Quest." *

Fen3
2006-09-17, 11:16 PM
*The wraith drifts silently out of the romance section and into the action/adventure section, trapping Llama down the end of an aisle*

You have defied the balance, and restitution is needed.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-09-17, 11:20 PM
*Atreyu gulps with fear, but quickly grabs the pouch at his side* "Is this about the money I took from the mirror world? Here!" *He dumps a small fortune worth of gems and PP and GP on the floor of the aisle.*
"That's all of it. Take it back to the dragon or whoever. I didn't mean to upset any balance."

*He keeps an eye on the wraith and looks around for anything to help.*
(V I say a lot of things. I said I'd be productive today. And after all, who said anything about death.)

Madmal
2006-09-17, 11:26 PM
((i thought you said no more deaths until 2007...))

Fen3
2006-09-17, 11:43 PM
*The wraith shakes its head*

This is not about physical items. This is about life and death: You died twice, and were resurrected again all in the space of a single evening. You have unbalanced the flow of positive and negative energy.. It is this that must be balanced

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-17, 11:45 PM
((Destro could stand next to the Llama if that helps balance things. ;D))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-09-17, 11:49 PM
"But...but....my friends and magic...I was killed. It wasn't my fault."

*He can't find any space between the shelves large enough for his girth. He starts pushing on one of the shelves, trying to knock it over.*

Fen3
2006-09-17, 11:52 PM
*The wraith advances menacingly*

It is time to restore the balance

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-09-17, 11:56 PM
*Seeing the creature advance, Atreyu whimpers, but "holds" his holy symbol with one hoof, pointing it towards the creature and speaks* "Behold the light of Inari and flee, creature of darkness."

*A holy light shines from the amulet around his neck*

Fen3
2006-09-17, 11:58 PM
*The wraith blinks at the light a little*

You have miscalculated.... I am not evil - I am balance.

Blood
2006-09-18, 12:02 AM
Blood walks in, mewling. Llama...where are you? She turns a corner and see him and the floating thing, and cowers in a corner.

Ablackllama
2006-09-18, 12:05 AM
A small artic fox comes running into the library.
"Hey Llama, you here?"

She stops dead when she sees him.

A flash of blinding light fills the room. A moment later where the fox was standing, Phoenixineohp is there in her usual form.
"WHAT THE SHOCK IS GOING ON!"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-09-18, 12:08 AM
*Atreyu in a desperate measure, props his rear legs against the bookshelf to the left and his forelegs on the bookshelf to his right and pushes with all his might. With a loud crash and a flutter of pages, a passageway to his right "Magically" appears. As he falls to the ground, he sees the shelf he pushed over was full of books that feature a drow with two swords on the cover. Snagging one in his mouth, he takes off running for the door, passing an angry librarian who doesn't seem to notice the wraith, just the shelf that collapsed on the ground. As Atreyu flees, the librarian yells quietly in frustration. "If I ever see that llama again, I'm going to kill it."

Blood
2006-09-18, 12:09 AM
Blood gives an angry look to the wraith, ignores the black llama, and chases Llama out the door.

phoenixineohp
2006-09-18, 12:10 AM
Phoenixineohp is suddenly covered in fire, wings out, and rather angery.
"I said, WHAT THE SHOCK IS GOING ON!"

Fen3
2006-09-18, 12:12 AM
*The wraith ignores Phoenix, and merges into the shadows of the bookshelves, disappearing from the library*

phoenixineohp
2006-09-18, 12:14 AM
Covered in fire with a very unhappy librarian yelling something about combustables, Phoenixineohp's eyes narrow and she walks out the door.

Veg Sorbet
2006-09-18, 06:44 PM
Valthreborn continues to study, occasionally making notes, and discussing things with Anna in their native language.
[hr]
Half-way through their conversation, Anna stops, and turns around. Another ghost is in the room with them. they two ghosts scowl at each other.

Miss Jiboveraque. Time to leave. the ghost says, grimly.

Val looks up from the book. Anna, just go with him, okay? he says, sighing. Anna gives him a dirty look, and makes a strange motion, as though she were pushing against something.

The other ghost's form ripples slightly, but he doesn't disappear. Anna looks frightened. The other ghost smirks. You don't know who I am, do you, Jiboveraque? he says. Anna takes a couple of steps backwards, looking terrified.

Val scowls at him. Let her be, Seftsirag. he demands, standing, and rasing a gauntlet in front of him, palm aimed at the ghost's head, his fingers spread out slightly. The ghost simply smirks at him, then lunges at Anna.

Anna, quick - try and find that ethereal plane i was talking about! Anna nods, and shimmers out of existance, just as the other ghost lunges. he too shimmers out, though Val hears his voice in his head, if you interfere with our business again, Valthera, you'll be in serious trouble. however, it seems that your fiancée is now out of our durastiction. have fun getting her off that plane you sent her to.

Val looks a little worried when he hears this, and goes back to read the little he stumbled across on the ethereal plane. he relaxes suddenly, smiles, and returns to his reading.

[hr]
After a while, Val gets up, and leaves, having scawled a quick note to the library staff asking them to leave the things where they are, as he'll be back later.

[hr]
Much, much later, Val re-enters the library, and returns to his books, to make more notes.

[hr]
Several hours after entering, Val stands up, clearly frustrated. damn it! I'm getting nowhere here! I need more resources than these. what was the other place that fox-girl told me about? he slams a couple of books closed.

He goes to put the books back. As he's heading out the door, he mutters it was... someone's tower...

Lykan
2006-09-27, 03:48 PM
Kreph and Suzaku enter the library. Kreph looks at the vast amount of books in wide eyed wonder

Well... Lot of places to look, I guess...

Mhina
2006-09-27, 03:50 PM
There's some sort of filing system...has to be...

Lykan
2006-09-27, 03:54 PM
Kreph bites his lip, and walks over to one of the shelves, scanning the titles

What's FIC?

Mhina
2006-09-27, 03:55 PM
Suzaku shrugs.

Lykan
2006-09-27, 03:56 PM
Kreph sighs

Well... It looks like they do it alphabetically by the person who wrote it... Which doesn't really help at all.

Mhina
2006-09-27, 03:59 PM
Suzaku scratches her head, We could ask Seiryuu...he's the god of lizards...

Lykan
2006-09-27, 04:00 PM
Kreph nods

Worth a shot. Do you know where he is?

Mhina
2006-09-27, 04:01 PM
She shakes her head. He's also a god of water...so we could search the different bodies of water in the area...

Lykan
2006-09-27, 04:02 PM
To the beach, I guess?

Mhina
2006-09-27, 04:05 PM
She nods.

Lykan
2006-09-27, 04:07 PM
Kreph nods, takes her hand, and heads for the door

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-09-27, 10:07 PM
*Atreyu gulps with fear, but quickly grabs the pouch at his side* "Is this about the money I took from the mirror world? Here!" *He dumps a small fortune worth of gems and PP and GP on the floor of the aisle.*
"That's all of it. Take it back to the dragon or whoever. I didn't mean to upset any balance."

*The now very rich librarian has decided that the llama is forgiven for the mess it made. But it will still owe late fees on that book it took.*

Gamerofthegame
2006-09-27, 10:17 PM
(And Kerigan has become the person that kills anyone with a late book.)

Deadly
2006-11-11, 10:18 AM
An old, poor looking man enters the library and looks around. He quickly finds his way through the aisles to a section on lycanthropes. Finding only one factual book among the hundreds of novels about werewolves and such, he sighs and goes to a section about the moon. Finding little but children's books there he shakes his head and leaves with the one book about lycanthropes.

Lykan
2006-11-11, 05:13 PM
Krzysu enters

Sooo... You think we should try fiction, or nonfiction?

blackfox
2006-11-11, 05:24 PM
"Nonfiction. Fiction is made-up stuff, nonfiction is real."

Lykan
2006-11-11, 05:28 PM
Yeah, but many things in fiction were based off something in fact. Especially since this is a magic based world...

blackfox
2006-11-11, 05:29 PM
"At least we can be (relatively) certain that the nonfiction books depict real-life places and events."

Lykan
2006-11-11, 05:35 PM
Krzysu nods, and takes down a book from the nonfiction section labeled "The Ruin". He shows the book to Otter

Good place to start?

Exachix
2006-11-11, 05:36 PM
((Point. It's TOWN. Things may not be as they seem...))

Veg Sorbet
2006-11-27, 08:27 AM
A slightly... different looking Val shimmers into existance in the library, surrounded by a ghostly green glow. He places his glowing book on a table, and heads off to look around the shelves.[hr]
Some time, and many books later, Val curses loudly. Elvish! of all the languages in the world it turns out to be elvish? My people don't speak elvish... hell, there's no such thing as elves in my world! He turns around to find an irate librarian scowling at him. what? oh, sorry. Yeah, I'll be off now... He picks up the glowing book, and leaves.

Fenric
2006-11-28, 12:54 PM
Fenric enters the library and wanders over to the public records section, looking at the deed abstract for the plot of land that the Temple of Inari purchased and built over.

(( Lunchtime... Fenric will be absorbed in his reading for a while ))
[hr]

Fenric finishes his reading and leaves

Amiria
2006-11-28, 03:31 PM
Amiria walks in and asks about the whereabouts of the head librarian. So, who's in charge here ?

Fenric
2006-11-28, 03:49 PM
(( Oh dear... I guess since I started this seldom-used thread... ))

A mousy librarian of indeterminate gender (since no one else was brave enough to say) comes out from the public records where Fenric had left a bit of a mess.

Can I help you?

Amiria
2006-11-28, 03:52 PM
Hi, are you the boss ? I have a proposal concerning this and my library.

Fenric
2006-11-28, 03:56 PM
I run this library on behalf of the Town, yes. What do you propose, my lady?

Amiria
2006-11-28, 04:04 PM
Hmmm, I heard rumors that this your library is also not very well-attended. Back in my tower all those wonderful books aregathering dust. Maybe we could work together, join our efforts ? Like cross-indexing our stocks so that the people have a broader assortment ? We could also exchange or copy books from each other, with some minor magic spells this should be easy.

Fenric
2006-11-28, 04:09 PM
The librarian smiles

I would be happy for such an opportunity. We mostly get the youngsters haunting the elvish romances, or people searching the public records.

The librarian digresses into a rant about messy foxes who don't pick up after themselves and leave a musky smell in the library, before finally getting back to the original topic

I imagine you'd probably like a copy of the full town records...

Amiria
2006-11-28, 04:14 PM
Elvish romances public records ? Well, I also like those, the elvish romances I mean. A copy of the records ? Yes, I can also give you an index of my books., says Amiria and begins to rummage around in her magic messenger bag.

Fenric
2006-11-28, 04:18 PM
The librarian blinks

You can fit your index in that bag? Mine takes up that wall.

He points to a wall containing a long, low card-file cabinet where the town's library is indexed on yellowing 3x5 cards in narrow drawers.

The librarian then sees where Fenric had pulled some cards out and left them in a pile on a table, and goes over to them and starts re-sorting in an obsessive-compulsive way; muttering about how nice a fox-fur coat would be this winter.

Amiria
2006-11-28, 04:29 PM
Well, the bag is magic and the index is magic too. Not a powerful enchantment but very practical. She pulls a big leatherbound tome from the bag and lays it on the desk. So, we magically update is periodically. It is one of those quasi-extradimensional things. The book has far more pages than it looks like.

Fenric
2006-11-28, 04:41 PM
The librarian grins at the index book

A most useful thing, that! But what happens if more than one person needs to see the index at once? The cards allow for quite a lot of concurrent use

The librarian is apparently oblivious to the fact that more than one person in the library generally only means a group of people came in to look for the same thing.

The librarian adjusts the chair to get a better look at the book and finds a dead mouse, which is also promptly blamed on Fenric.

pesky foxes... bad enough to make my library smell like fox, but they leave their snacks on the floor, too.

Exachix
2006-11-28, 04:43 PM
((oh dear. Poor Fenric...))

Amiria
2006-11-28, 04:48 PM
Yes, that's true. But the tower library is a bit more private, well theoretically, than this we don't have that many users. And we have several of this books. So you can keep this, browse through it and copy from it if you want.
Amiria looks sadly at the dead mouse.

Fenric
2006-11-28, 04:54 PM
The librarian grins happily

Thank you so very much! It's always a help to be able to send folks on to a second resource with some notion of what they need!

The librarian goes over to a writing station, and finds the ink-bottle empty, despite a sign very clearly saying "refill after use" (in old high elvish characters).

miserable... I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that he couldn't even be troubled to refill the ink! and now it smells like fox over here, too...

The librarian potters over to the main ink bottle, which is also empty.

used up all the ink in the place. I might have known.

Amiria
2006-11-28, 04:58 PM
So, what is this about the werefoxes and the library ? Is it somehow linked to the temple of Inari ?

Fenric
2006-11-28, 05:03 PM
The librarian looks up, eyes flashing

What? No, no... that Fenric was here all morning pawing through the town land records. He seems to have the idea that there are a bunch of servants here to clean up after him. I can't abide folks who mess up my library!

And I can't stand the smell of fox

(( Why do we all have grouchy librarians, anyway? ))

Amiria
2006-11-28, 05:10 PM
Peculiar. Amiria goes to the index of the library and browses through some drawers.

Lykan
2006-11-29, 08:21 PM
Lykan and Mhina enter the library. Lykan looks around, scratching his chin

I wonder if this sort of thing would be under fiction or non-fiction...

Mhina
2006-11-29, 10:24 PM
Mhina raises an eyebrow, What are we looking for?

Fenric
2006-11-29, 10:25 PM
The librarian peeks out from where he was sorting books

First foxes, now wolves. At least they don't stink

Alarra
2006-11-29, 10:27 PM
Alarra stands up and gets another book down from a shelf and returns to the table she's been sitting at most of the afternoon and evening.

Lykan
2006-11-29, 10:28 PM
Lykan sneers at the librairan before looking back at Mhina

Powers of the gods.

Mhina
2006-11-29, 10:37 PM
Mhina looks confused, The powers of the gods would be in true mythology, I believe...

Alarra
2006-11-29, 10:40 PM
Alarra replaces the book with a sigh and carefully scans the shelves before picking out another one.

Fenric
2006-11-29, 10:42 PM
The librarian smiles appreciatively at Alarra's polite replacement of the book.

Lykan
2006-11-29, 10:43 PM
Lykan nods.

Alright... I guess looking up stuff about Ares or Mars is the place to look, then.

He walks over to one of the shelves.

How do they arrange the books?

Mhina
2006-11-29, 10:44 PM
Mhina shrugs. I don't come here very often...

Fenric
2006-11-29, 10:45 PM
The librarian trembles at the question

Can't you see anything? The books are sorted by section according to the traditional high-elvish classifications, then alphabetical by title. Anyone knows that!

Lykan
2006-11-29, 10:51 PM
Lykan raises an eyebrow

Wouldn't it be more effiecient to sort them by subject, then author, then title?

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-11-29, 10:54 PM
The door bangs open and El J doesn't quite run into the library. He waves to Mhina, Lykan and the librarian before darting back into the stacks, moving unerringly to Alarra's side.

He looks around in a bit of confusion. "The Town has a library?"

Fenric
2006-11-29, 10:55 PM
The librarian sniffs

What does efficiency have to do with it? Ka'en-zar'nedil laid out the proper format for a library nearly 500 centuries ago.

Alarra
2006-11-29, 10:56 PM
Alarra looks up startled from the book she's scanning.

"I....yes. Yes, it does." she smiles.

2006-11-29, 11:00 PM
He blinks. "I should really pay more attention."

El J kisses her cheek and smiles. "I'm sorry darling, I didn't mean to startle you. It just caught me off-guard when you weren't home." He glances at her bleary eyes, the book in her hand. "Looking for something?"

Alarra
2006-11-29, 11:03 PM
"Dossin." she closes the book in frustration. "But I haven't found any mention of it anywhere."

Lykan
2006-11-29, 11:06 PM
Yeah... Umm... 50,000 years ago. A bit has changed since then.

Lykan takes a book off the shelf of old Roman myth

I guess this is a start... I hope it has an index somewhere.

Mhina
2006-11-29, 11:09 PM
Mhina sighs. What are we looking for, exactly?

Fenric
2006-11-29, 11:10 PM
The librarian stalks back to his obsessive-compulsive book sorting, muttering to himself.

Wolves shedding all over the carpet is scarce better than foxes stinking up the place!

2006-11-29, 11:10 PM
El J nods and touches her hand. "I'm sure you'll...we'll find it. It was a nation, there must surely be some record." He smiles. "I'm...I'm happy that you're doing this."

Alarra
2006-11-29, 11:13 PM
She looks at him a bit confused, "Of course I'm doing this. I......I have to find them, or at least know about them."

Lykan
2006-11-29, 11:16 PM
Lykan flips through the book

What else may occur through this metamophisis... And for that, I need to find an entry about him in his true form.

Mhina
2006-11-29, 11:18 PM
Mhina scowls slightly.

Lykan
2006-11-29, 11:21 PM
Lykan looks up with a raised eyebrow

What?

2006-11-29, 11:22 PM
El J reaches out to caress Alarra's hair. "Of course we do. And we will. It's just...there are things about you that have been mysteries for so long. It must be hard, incredibly hard. I want to help you, Alarra...I want to know who you are."

Mhina
2006-11-29, 11:22 PM
Wukei shakes her head, Nothing...it's best to know what's going on.

Lykan
2006-11-29, 11:28 PM
Lykan sighs

Can you please tell me what's bothering you?

Alarra
2006-11-29, 11:29 PM
Alarra's hands shake as she moves to replace the book on the shelf. "I want to know who I am too....it's like this huge hole inside of me and it.....hurts."

She sighs as her voice catches. "I....I've always been able to push it to the back of my mind, pretend I didn't really care. That it didn't matter after all this time. But now just having that little bit of information....." she trails off as she looks at El J.

Mhina
2006-11-29, 11:32 PM
Mhina shakes her head, I don't know what's bothering me...something's just nagging at me...

Lykan
2006-11-29, 11:33 PM
Lykan frowns slightly

Something not feel right?

Mhina
2006-11-29, 11:34 PM
Mhina nods, Especially...nevermind. I don't want to talk about it.

2006-11-29, 11:37 PM
El Jaspero pulls Alarra close, wrapping himself around her. "We'll find them. We will, love. I promise."

Fenric
2006-11-29, 11:39 PM
The librarian falls asleep among the bookshelves and snores loudly.

Alarra
2006-11-29, 11:42 PM
Alarra nods and sinks into him, "But not tonight.....I suppose we should be getting home."

Lykan
2006-11-29, 11:43 PM
Lykan sighs

Okay...

He tries to flip through single pages of the book, though his leather covered hands can't flip through a single page at a time as his non-clawed hands could.

Mhina
2006-11-29, 11:46 PM
Mhina places a hand on top of Lykan's and aids him with the pageturning.

2006-11-29, 11:51 PM
"Yes. Sleep is a good idea, love. Who knows what tomorrow will provide?"

He takes Alarra's hand with a smile. "Remind me in the morning and I'll talk to Alilyn. She's got a fantastic mind...though not a student of the Rose Academy, she is an akashic nonetheless. She might be able to help."

Alarra
2006-11-29, 11:53 PM
Alarra nods, "I'll hope so." She smiles up at him as they head out of the library and towards home.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 12:15 AM
Lykan sighs.

Thank you...

Eventually, they come upon a chapter labled "servents and soldeirs of Mars". Lykan stops Mhina when they reach a page titled "Deimos, lord of Dread".

This is it...

He points apicture of what looks like a sickening combination of a man, crocodile, and wolf with giant bat wings and a spiked tail. The claws are sickle shaped, and eyes the size of a man's fist.

Ugly bugger...

Mhina
2006-11-30, 12:16 AM
You looked a bit like that...especially when you'd attacked me... she grimaces at the recollection.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 12:20 AM
Lykan looks mortified

I attacked you?!

Mhina
2006-11-30, 12:22 AM
Mhina bites her lip, I didn't want to tell you...but I'd managed to get you to come out of whatever that was by being there for you.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 12:23 AM
Lykan sighs

But you're okay now?

Mhina
2006-11-30, 12:26 AM
Mhina nods. I'm fine...it just shocked me a bit...

Lykan
2006-11-30, 12:35 AM
Lykan sighs

Every freaking day... I'm just a time bomb at this point in my life.

Mhina
2006-11-30, 12:41 AM
Mhina kisses him, Everything will be fine...you'll see.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 12:46 AM
Lykan gives her an amused look

Where have I heard that before...

Mhina
2006-11-30, 12:47 AM
Mhina smiles, Well, it's true.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 12:53 AM
Lykan smiles slightly

Yeah... At least their seems to still be a decent balance in life... Though I'm still trying to find the good in this... What happened to my family...

Lykan sighs

Don't get me wrong... You are the greatest thing that's evere happened to me, something that may be what is supposed to balance this all out... But...

Lykan shakes his head, trailing off

Mhina
2006-11-30, 12:55 AM
Mhina bites her lower lip, There does seem to be a misbalance. The gods have noticed it, too. Perhaps that is why this is happening...

Lykan
2006-11-30, 01:04 AM
Lykan raises an eyebrow

There universe is out of balance... Great.

Mhina
2006-11-30, 01:06 AM
Mhina sighs, But I'm not exactly sure how...

Lykan
2006-11-30, 01:11 AM
Lykan sighs. If we really are on the short end of the stick... Then someone has the long end. It may pay to start looking there.

Mhina
2006-11-30, 01:12 AM
Mhina nods, But where?

Lykan
2006-11-30, 01:14 AM
Lykan sighs

That would require some traveling, methinks.

CindyKay
2006-11-30, 01:16 AM
Oh, great! *claps hands in delight* It's cataloged using Dewey Decimal and not Library of Congress!

Mhina
2006-11-30, 01:24 AM
To where? Mhina asks.

(Stupid length restrictions)

Lykan
2006-11-30, 01:25 AM
Lykan shrugs

I have absolutly no idea... It would pay to be a diviner at a time like this.

Mhina
2006-11-30, 01:26 AM
Mhina bites her lip, I have some powers like that...but I'd have to know what or who I'm searching for...and I'm not exactly sure why this all started...

Lykan
2006-11-30, 01:40 AM
Lykan smiles

Don't worry about it.... There's bound to be someone in Town who can figure it out for us...

Mhina
2006-11-30, 01:42 AM
Mhina nods. So what should we do now?

Lykan
2006-11-30, 01:48 AM
Lykan sighs

Well... We know what we have to do... I mean, there's no shame in just waiting until tommarow to put plans into action, right?

Mhina
2006-11-30, 01:49 AM
Mhina nods. It's best to get some rest.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 01:54 AM
Lykan sighs, and closes the book with some difficulty

So... Is there anything you want to do tonight? Do you want to get a bite to eat at Trog's, or something?

Mhina
2006-11-30, 01:56 AM
Mhina shakes her head, I think we should get some sleep...

Lykan
2006-11-30, 02:06 AM
Lykan smiles

Alright...

He walks over to where she stands/sits/whatever and takes her hand. After kissing her, they dissipear in a swirl of sand...

Alarra
2006-11-30, 11:21 AM
Alarra comes into the library and searches over the texts for a time before selecting two and returning to the corner table she used yesterday.

Fenric
2006-11-30, 11:32 AM
The librarian potters over to Alarra with a large book

Pardon me, ma'am, but mistress Amiria gave us a catalogue of her library as well so folks could check to see if there was a book in her collection before going all the way out there.

Waka
2006-11-30, 02:49 PM
Waka walks into the library, looking around.

"Nice place." He says as he wanders around. Finally he finds an Atlas. He takes it off to a back corner, and pulls out a sign that says do not disturb. After a few tries he manages to pin it to the back of his vest.

Sitting down on the seat he begins to look through the atlas, continously mumbling to himself.

((Off for a while...be back some time tonight.))

Mhina
2006-11-30, 04:17 PM
Mhina steps into the library, partially singed and smelling of smoke. She heads to the alchemical section and starts perusing it.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 04:48 PM
Lykan trots into the library, in wolf form, and looks around for Mhina.

Mhina
2006-11-30, 04:54 PM
Mhina sits at a table, diving into about 5 books on alchemy.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 04:55 PM
Lykan trots over, shifting to human form as he does so

Hiya... Whatchadoin?

Mhina
2006-11-30, 04:57 PM
Mhina slams the books closed. Nothing.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 05:14 PM
Lykan frowns

Mhina...

Xiagu
2006-11-30, 05:15 PM
Xiagu tiptoes in (technically, tiptalons) and looks for Lykan.

Mhina
2006-11-30, 05:15 PM
Mhina looks up at him, Whaaatttt...I'm not allowed to study?

Lykan
2006-11-30, 05:17 PM
Lykan smiles again, sitting down next to her

Whatcha studyin'?

Xiagu
2006-11-30, 05:19 PM
Xiagu sneaks up next to Lykan and taps him on the shoulder.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 05:28 PM
Lykan produces a rifle which floats in the air over his shoulder, pointing at Xiagu

Fiance time. Little busy.

Xiagu
2006-11-30, 05:32 PM
Xiagu casually reaches backwards and attempts to turn the floating rifle around.

If he fails that, he ducks.

Mhina
2006-11-30, 05:33 PM
Mhina looks at Xiagu curiously.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 05:36 PM
The gun spins around, then pops out of existance. Lykan sighs

What do you want?

Alarra
2006-11-30, 05:48 PM
Alarra apologizes to the librarian for her player wandering off for several hours and not noticing that someone was talking to her. "Thanks"
She takes Amiria's catalog to glance through and see if anything looks promising.

Mhina
2006-11-30, 05:51 PM
After not hearing a response from the strange Xiagu, she looks back to Lykan with curiosity.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 05:53 PM
Lykan smiles

So... What were you looking at?

Unless Xiagu suddenly simuposts, Lykan ignores him

Mhina
2006-11-30, 05:57 PM
Nothing important. Just thought I'd find a few things to read...

Lykan
2006-11-30, 05:58 PM
Lykan raises an eyebrow

Umm... Okay. What are you looking at?

Lykan tries to get a peek at the spines of the books, looking for the titles

Mhina
2006-11-30, 06:01 PM
Mhina puts herself between him and the books and smiles, Oh, this and that. So what have you been up to?

Lykan
2006-11-30, 06:05 PM
Lykan's eyes narrow

You can tell me what you're doing, Mhina...

Mhina
2006-11-30, 06:09 PM
Mhina grins, I'm not doing anything. Come on...what have you been up to all day?

Lykan
2006-11-30, 06:12 PM
Lykan frowns

Mhina...

Mhina
2006-11-30, 06:15 PM
Mhina scowls, I'm not the one avoiding the subject, here. You weren't walking in the direction of the library yesterday when we met up. If you want me to tell you things you better start telling the truth yourself.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 06:18 PM
Lykan looks at the ground

I was going to the woods. I-... I...

Lykan shakes his head

I want to fix it... But I can't even walk into that damn woods anymore...

Mhina
2006-11-30, 06:21 PM
Mhina grimaces, We have to get over the past. It's necessary to survive.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 06:26 PM
Lykan sneers

He KILLED my FAMILY! I will destr-...

Lykan's eyes widen

Crap...

Mhina
2006-11-30, 06:29 PM
Mhina backs away from him a bit, Lykan?

Lykan
2006-11-30, 06:33 PM
Lykan clutches his skull

Move... Back...

His eyes go black, and his wings unfold to their full length. With a spray of blood, a series of spikes bursts from his spine. Lykan keels over, shreaking in pain

Mhina
2006-11-30, 06:39 PM
Lykan?! Mhina watches in horror as the spikes erupt from his back.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 06:43 PM
Lykan's taking a little time out...

His claws burst from the leather bindings, and his teeth grow to the size of daggers as his face elongates. He grins madly, flexing his claws and turning to look at Mhina. Another burst of blood, and a spiked tail erupts from his backside.

So I can have some fun...

Mhina
2006-11-30, 06:46 PM
Mhina shakes her head, No...give him back!

Lykan
2006-11-30, 06:50 PM
Deimos grins, examining a claw

How 'bout... No. Twenty-six years is much to long to go without some entertainment.

He eyes Mhina, and pounces as her, slashing at her face

Mhina
2006-11-30, 06:52 PM
Mhina holds up her arm, an ice shield appearing on it to block him. The ice crackles under the pressure and he does draw blood from her arm.

I don't want to fight you, Lykan, she says, her eyes glowing slightly.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 06:55 PM
Oh, you misunderstand Mhina... Lykan's gone, and he's not coming back!

Acid begins to seep from Deimos's claws, and he goes to slam his forehead into Mhina's face...

Mhina
2006-11-30, 06:59 PM
Mhina freezes for a moment at Deimos' words, long enough to keep her from avoiding his attack. She stumbles backwards, dazed.

After recovering she reaches under her cloak and pulls out three vials. She throws them at Deimos' feet and doesn't wait a second to even watch them crash. She turns around and runs, waiting for the large impending 'kaboom' from the explosion that's sure to knock her forward...again.

Lykan
2006-11-30, 07:04 PM
Damn you woman!

Deimos doesn't have time to react. When the chemicals combine the explosion blasts him back through the wall...

((Sorry Fenric. :tongue:))

Mhina
2006-11-30, 07:07 PM
Mhina continues to run, out into the street...

Lykan
2006-11-30, 07:11 PM
Deimos claws out of the wrekage and shakes away any debris that had settled in his clothes. He sneers and follows her

Alarra
2006-11-30, 07:42 PM
Alarra looks up as an explosion shakes the building and a rain of books fall off of the shelves around her. "What the?"
She heads over to the other side of the building to investigate.

Seeing a gigantic hole in the wall, she steps gingerly through the rubble and into the street.

2006-11-30, 07:43 PM
El Jaspero dashes up to the library, over a pile of debris and straight to Alarra's side. He touches her carefully.

"Are you alright?"

Alarra
2006-11-30, 07:47 PM
"I'm fine dear. I was on the other side of the building." She looks around. "I wonder what happened."

2006-11-30, 07:52 PM
El J looks around, suddenly realizing that he's standing in a debris field.

"I...I have no idea. You were startled, so I came." He takes off his coat and puts it around Alarra. "You must be freezing out here, love. Let's go somewhere warm." He brushes something from his eye. "Gods be thanked you're alright."

Alarra
2006-11-30, 07:57 PM
"Yeah, that would probably be good. I've read enough today." She takes his hand, still looking around a bit confused.

2006-11-30, 08:00 PM
El Jaspero and Alarra pick their way through the shattered library and head for the gem shop.

Waka
2006-11-30, 08:06 PM
"Not a single other town within 30 miles? That seems highly unlikely. I guess I'm going to have to go and talk with that Emperor, I'll just avert my eyes."

Waka stands up, shaking off some debris. His eyes suddenly widen in shock at the giant hole in the library wall.

"That's going to cost someone I'm sure." He says shaking his head. Since the hole is closer than the door, he leaves through the broken wall.

Fenric
2006-11-30, 08:23 PM
The librarian finally extricates himself from under a mountain of fallen books. He blinks in disbelief at the destruction in the library and the disorder of his precious books.

He stands frozen, with only a twitching under his left eye shows he is still alive at all. After standing thus for a time, he finally bends and beings the laborious process of resorting the fallen books, but his mutterings are dark and violent.

DarkHunter
2006-12-01, 10:38 AM
After working all night, the books are mostly back in order. Two piles of broken and charred books that were in the damage radius stand forlornly near the gaping hole in the wall. The hole is mostly filled with rubble and bits of broken shelving, although it's hardly a proper replacement for the original masonry.

The librarian stalks out from between the shelves. He is wearing elven chain of an exceedingly archaic fashion, and a longsword of equal antiquity is belted to his waist. He walks out the door with a mad gleam in his eyes.

Alarra
2006-12-01, 10:44 AM
Alarra comes back into the the library and notices the pile of books and as yet unfixed wall. Realizing how unthoughtful it was of her to not fix all of this before she left, she sets about restoring each of the damaged books.

As she methodically fixes bindings and replaces the lost and charred pages, she thinks to herself about how much she has changed over the past few months. Never before would she have even imagined that she could just calmly walk out of a building that was in such disarray without even thinking that she ought fix it.

She dwells on this for awhile before finally convincing herself that it was merely a symptom of fatigue, her own worry, and being pregnant, and that she's worrying unnecessarily over nothing.

But then never before would she have imagined she could stab someone either. She pulls out her crystal blade and looks at it for awhile, realizing that she carried it for thousands of years, but never once was even tempted to use it until a few weeks ago..and the worrying begins again.