PDA

View Full Version : Help making a ridiculous gestalt build

Serenity
2010-12-01, 02:28 AM
Next semester, I will be joining a friend's gestalt game, , which is intended to be an exercise in sheer awesome ridiculousness, as evidenced by the fact that every member of the party will be a Half-Dragon. And so I turn to you, Playgrounders, for help in making the ultimate Shounen Hero General.

The character: CN Half-Gold Dragon Human Crusader 5//Dragon Shaman (Copper) 5.

The point buy: 50

His name? For now, at least, let's just call him Kamina.

Let the games begin!

Hawk7915
2010-12-01, 03:49 AM
I feel like a Warblade/Barbarian // Bard might be more appropriate (with perform: oratory :p). It's not a bad set-up either, with full BAB, d12 Hit die, all good saves, some inspire ability, 6 skills/level, and arcane casting. For feats, be a human and take Power Attack, Song of the White Raven, and Song of the Heart, Lingering Music, or Dragonfire Inspiration for now. As for the point buy, here's how I'd do your stats (including a +1 from hitting 4th level)

STR 24
CON 18
DEX 14
INT 16
WIS 12
CHA 20

If you're stuck on the Crusader/Dragon Shaman build, look into a metabreath feat or two. Technically you just need a breath weapon "measured in rounds" to take them, but can then apply them to your Half-dragon breath weapon as well. Entangling Exhalation, Quicken Breath, Maximize Breath, and Lingering Breath are pretty decent.

gorfnab
2010-12-01, 04:29 AM
Crusader 5/ Binder 1/ Hellreaver 5/ Crusader 9 // Dragon Shaman 20 - a party buffing tank with lots of healing potential

Serenity
2010-12-01, 10:07 AM
Was considering Bard earlier, but I'd never be using those Arcane spells in my plate mail, and the buffs eat up my actions, which the Dragon Shaman auras don't.

SurlySeraph
2010-12-01, 10:13 AM
Mithril full plate + Battle Casting evades that, though there are ways to avoid ASF without spending a feat. If you're willing to be a Dwarf (or go into Stoneblessed), a level in Runesmith lets you cast in whatever the hell you want.

Serenity
2010-12-01, 12:30 PM
Hmm, I just picked up a copy of Dragon Magic. I'm considering--should I use Dragonfire Adept levels instead?

Escheton
2010-12-01, 01:26 PM
What side of those 5//5 will that 3 lvl LA be coming?

Having side be sorc1/half-dragon paragon3/sorc . With Bard4/crusader1on the other. It would make one hell of a JPM/

As you prolly want feat, skilltrick, maneuver, and item advice...I got notn...for now.

Serenity
2010-12-01, 01:55 PM
Everyone in the party will be half-dragons, so the DM informs us not to worry about level adjustment--all the worry will be on his side in providing challenges appropriate to our abilities.

So, I think I've settled on going Crusader//Dragonfire adept. Anyone got suggestions on the feats I should take?

Boci
2010-12-01, 02:00 PM
Entangling exaltation. Start off with an entangling breath weapon, then move into melee. Extra granted maneuver so you can cycle through them more easily. Power attack/stone power (I suggest the former).

Apart from that it depends what you want the build to do. EWP spiked chain, combat expertise and improved trip along with thicket of blades is good for battlefield control, flyby attack + any standard action maneuvers if you want to avoid melee, metabreath feats if you want to focus on your breath weapon.

Fouredged Sword
2010-12-01, 02:06 PM
Consider a two level dip into monk for focused attack, power attack, evasion, and unarmed strikeing ability. That double damage hit with a full attack is useful on foes who are entangled. There if a feat somewhere that makes a weapon a monk weapon. Apply that to greatsword or greatax.

Myth
2010-12-01, 02:13 PM
Um... Why is he half-Gold Dragon but his Dragon Shaman side goes for Copper? Also, shounen heroes never die and have the power to talk everyone into anything. Bard/Crusader, Marshall/Knight seem good. I'd go for Cloistered Cleric/Crusader/Ruby Knight Vindicator but that's just me.

Serenity
2010-12-01, 02:17 PM
Well, he's no longer Dragon Shaman, but Dragonfire Adept. When I was planning him as a shaman, he went for Copper because he's Chaotic Neutral, and therefore couldn't choose a Gold Dragon Totem. Besides, it would have netted me two energy immunities, and there's no rule against it!