PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Hurling Barbarian

Shinigaze
2010-12-01, 04:35 AM
So I had a few questions about going the Hurling barbarian route, so let's ask the Playground!

1. It says throwing an object with the hurling rage power takes a full round action. So in terms of ranged offense it has a slight disadvantage in that you can't close the distance and attack, is there any way to fix this disadvantage?

2. I am pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to say, pull a bunch of rocks as a free action. So at higher levels when you get extra attacks, will this be a disadvantage? And if so is there a way to get these extra attacks?

3. Any suggestions on feats and things I should take? I am already 5th level in the campaign I am in with Catch off guard, throw anything, and brutal throw as feats.

I would appreciate any help in making my barbarian a good fighter. Although at the moment I am thinking of running full barbarian and no cross classing because my DM is already angry at me for killing his monsters too easily and keeps calling me a power gamer, but all suggestions are welcome.

Kilbourne
2010-12-02, 06:30 AM
The hurler really goes well when you pick up the other abilities that mimic Pounce, etc.

Hurler's in PF (as far as I can tell) work on a hurl-charge-fullattack sort of play. The hurl can be a huge hit, sometimes a lot more than a full-attack action.

Gravitron5000
2010-12-02, 09:20 AM
Just from reading your title, my first thought was that the barbarian has had too much mead ... again.

Shinigaze
2010-12-04, 03:09 AM
How exactly does picking up pounce help out hurling? Is it because of the full attack afterwards and the hurling charge rage power? Also do you know any viable ways of getting pounce in PF? The only one I know of is through the rage powers and you get it at level ten after picking up two prerequisites.

Kilbourne
2010-12-04, 03:17 AM
How exactly does picking up pounce help out hurling? Is it because of the full attack afterwards and the hurling charge rage power? Also do you know any viable ways of getting pounce in PF? The only one I know of is through the rage powers and you get it at level ten after picking up two prerequisites.

That was what I was referring to, yes.

Shinigaze
2010-12-04, 03:33 AM
Ok well then that really only makes that tactic effective at maybe lvl 12, with the way the level requirements are you have to wait for either pounce or hurling charge, probably even higher than that if I wanted to get the higher hurling powers, (although with a permanancied shrink item rock that might get rid of the need for the higher hurling powers). Ok well then thanks.