PDA

View Full Version : Elf two-waepon fighter help needed

Ossian
2010-12-01, 07:46 AM
Hello All!

I would need some help for the number crunching of an NPC. An elf, who is leading a band of "good rebels" while secretly working for the "evil" guys (clerics of Loki). I have a few items in mind.

What I would like to whip up (staying as core as possible, really) is the following:

Level: around 12-13. Two weapon fighter, with finesse on the main weapon, fights with those elvish weapons (like an elven shortblade and an elven thinblade). I would like to have good BAB , a bit of stealth and sneak attack, and decent AC. He needs to be a divine caster of some sorts, and Paladin of Tyranny seemed the best bet. For some reason (not enough time? maybe...), all I can come up with is the following:

Ranger 2 (favoured enemy : humanoid (humans) / Paladin 7 / Rogue 4.

I was hoping to find a combination that would grant the feats:

Weapon Focus, 2wf, imp. 2wf, 2w defense, leadership, weapon finesse.

Since the campaign is not too über, the items I had in mind are: good medium/light armour (like an elven mithral chainshirt +2), elven thinblade and elven shortblade both keen +2, bracers of dexterity +2, which brings his dex to the 22-23 range.

Any thoughts or advice on how to crunch the numbers without losing efficiency?

Cheers :smallsmile:

Ossian

PS
I should note that I simply don t want this guy to be around for 3 rounds before he gets nuked and everyone loots his possessions. He has about 60 bandits/rebels with him, but the party is pretty dangerous even if not optimized. Suffice to say that they have a Rogue12/Fighter 2, a Monk 7/Shintao Monk 5/Kensai 2, but most importantly a Native Outsider Elf who is a Duskblade 14 and a Rogue 2/Wizard 12! (I tried to nerf the wizard with 2 levels of rogue bc they gave him the right fluff and a half decent meelee fighter so the player can enjoy some stabbin')

Simba
2010-12-01, 07:59 AM
How about Ranger 2 / Scout 6 / Cleric 5, with Swift Hunter? You lose some BAB, but have cleric domains and skirmish damage die.

Greenish
2010-12-01, 08:01 AM
Revenant Blade is an excellent option, though fitting in Divine Casting…

What sources do you have available?

[Edit]: Oh right, ranger is divine casting. Scout/Mystic Ranger swift hunter.

Simba
2010-12-01, 08:07 AM
Oh right, ranger is divine casting. Scout/Mystic Ranger swift hunter.

The perfect solution, I think. Skills, spells, good BAB, precission damage, acceptable hitpoints...

Ossian
2010-12-01, 08:25 AM
Thanks! Although I do not remember the sourcebook (I have them all, more or less) with Mystic Ranger or the Swift Hunter (has to be a cleric to be a swift hunter? it s like a "Domain"?). Can you help me? Thanks a 1,000,000, :smallbiggrin:

O.

PS: what is HiPS?

Greenish
2010-12-01, 08:30 AM
The perfect solution, I think. Skills, spells, good BAB, precission damage, acceptable hitpoints...Dips for Pounce & Travel Devotion, maybe grab HiPS.

Your players won't be pleased.

[Edit]: Swift Hunter is a feat from Comp. Scoundrel. Link to handbook here (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=103.0). Mystic Ranger is a ranger variant from Dragon Mags.

[2.Edit]: HiPS stands for Hide in Plain Sight.

Simba
2010-12-01, 08:35 AM
Thanks! Although I do not remember the sourcebook (I have them all, more or less) with Mystic Ranger or the Swift Hunter (has to be a cleric to be a swift hunter? it s like a "Domain"?). Can you help me? Thanks a 1,000,000, :smallbiggrin:

O.

PS: what is HiPS?

Swift Hunter is a feat that lets you add Scout and Ranger levels for fevored enemy and skirmish bonus. The Mystic Ranger gets casting from level one, but most of the ranger's other abilities are delayed. It is from Dragon Mag. (DR336 p105).

And maybe adding a level of Cloistered Cleric for Domain abilities and Knowledge devotion is a good idea.

Edit: Swordsaged :smallsmile:

Ossian
2010-12-01, 08:43 AM
I think I like the Scout/Ranger combo. Scout has a boatload of skill points and it even improves the AC a little bit. Now that I know I can stack the levels with the ranger I might just go for Scout 2/Ranger 11, and give him some kind of mystic "tendency" (more character wise) or a divine casting magic item (like a ring). More wisdom and he gets 2/2/1 spells from the ranger's list. If I realize that it is still too low CR fro my PC, I might just toss in a level or 2 in Paladin to pump up the Saves with a good charisma bonus + full bab and a level-based extra feat.

What cohort would you suggest for this guy? He is, after all, a "leader of a rebellious guerrilla force" with strong ties to the church of Loki. Charisma would be around 16-17 (+3)

O.