PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Spells Similar to Prayer

Corwin_of_Amber
2010-12-01, 01:19 PM
I have always really liked the mechanic of the prayer spell and I'm wondering if there are different/more powerful versions of this spell, for higher levels?

Mainly, I like the fact that it's a mass buff/debuff with no save. Any Cleric spells, feats, or class dips that can give me similar effects would be appreciated.

dextercorvia
2010-12-01, 01:38 PM
Recitation is a nice mass buff.

Holy Word and Blasphemy are higher level, no save, "debuffs".

Morbis Meh
2010-12-01, 01:48 PM
Righteous Wrath of the faithful is an extemely broken buff if you party is composed mostly of the melee classes. It gives +3 to attack and damage and gives an extra melee attack to your allies.

Corwin_of_Amber
2010-12-01, 02:18 PM
I had thought of Holy Word/Blasphemy, but I'm in the delicate situation of being a LE character in a good-ish campaign, so while Holy Word would be effective, I technically can't cast it and Blasphemy would not work against most opponents.

Recitation isn't really in flavor for me, but it could very easily be reworked, this is good.

Righteous Wrath is just amazing, thanks.

Morbis Meh
2010-12-01, 04:36 PM
No problem I am playing a DMM cleric right now so I generally look at singular buffs, but on occasion I buff the party. A great singular buff is Zealot Pact (SpCom) when mixed with righteous wrath is absolutely devastating, so in general I recommend taking a look through the spell compendium.