PDA

View Full Version : A question on the use of old religions

Artemis97
2010-12-01, 01:23 PM
I am planning on running a play by post game set in an alternate-Earth circa 1500 that will likely feature various ancient pantheons at some point or another. Greek, Aztec, Norse, etc.

I know that featuring Christianity, while a major influence in the time-period, would be off limits, but what would the rules be on those others? Will I need to find fantasy equivalents for all of them?

Thank you.

Kobold-Bard
2010-12-01, 01:45 PM
As long as it's in the context of a game, everyone's ok with it and you're not comparing religions / discussing them in an out of game context etc. then it's ok.

I think.

HalfTangible
2010-12-01, 01:53 PM
KB's right, but you should probably find something fantasy centric if you can. While not against the rules to use RL religions in a non-RL context, it is dangerous. Might cause a RL-context discussion without meaning to.

Roland St. Jude
2010-12-01, 03:06 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: In game, it's fine, but discussion of those religions outside of the fiction does violate the Forum Rules. So in PbP, in the IC for the game, it's fine. But don't get into discussing RL religions (even ancient ones) in the OOC or elsewhere on the forum.