PDA

View Full Version : Generic Character Classes(Any way to fix them?)

Maho-Tsukai
2010-12-01, 03:29 PM
I had always liked the idea of Generic character classes but they are not very ballanced at all. So I thought that perhaps giving the Warrior manuvers. However, I have no idea how to boost the expert at all. Perhaps give them skill tricks? Skill tricks never struck me as that powerful, however, and there are not a lot of them. Perhaps they should get manuvers from disiplins like Shadow hand and such? So do any of you have ideas for this or is the generic class idea just not salvageable.

Last Laugh
2010-12-01, 04:40 PM
Let's not overgeneralize here. Generic caster is arguably tier 0, A spontaneous full caster that cherry picks spells from Druid, Cleric, and sor/wiz spell lists is overpowering, ability to pick high fort, then PrC into a high will save class. Also casting is based on intelligence (or charisma, but given the choice...)

Honestly if they are allowed in the game, I feel that the expert and warrior are very nice dips. Expert in particular. I would never play and expert/warrior to level 20, I don't have fix suggestions. I just wanted to clarify about Generic Caster.

Cyphrus
2010-12-01, 09:15 PM
If nothing else, a simple suggestion for experts would be to tack on the factotum's inspiration points, and pick a few of the abilities from that class to give out.