PDA

View Full Version : 4e. Hey guys! Help me figure out my next character!

DragonBaneDM
2010-12-01, 06:49 PM
One of my old Math professors is running a game this Saturday at Level 2.

I have a cool idea to play as Cubone, but it's a Barbarian build. And 9 times outta ten I end up as Leader or Defender.

I'm more or less playing every character I've ever had a cool idea for, and it's just a quick little one shot, so I don't wanna over think it.

Any cool ideas? Maybe an idea you had but haven't been able to try out?

tcrudisi
2010-12-01, 06:59 PM
One of my old Math professors is running a game this Saturday at Level 2.

I have a cool idea to play as Cubone, but it's a Barbarian build. And 9 times outta ten I end up as Leader or Defender.

I'm more or less playing every character I've ever had a cool idea for, and it's just a quick little one shot, so I don't wanna over think it.

Any cool ideas? Maybe an idea you had but haven't been able to try out?

I've always wanted to play an eccentric arcane caster with an arcane familiar (Gelatinous Cube) and the ritual that allows him to ride it as a mount and summoned armor.

Basically, the Cube is invisible when in active mode. The ritual turns your familiar into Large size (10') and allows you to ride him. His base speed is 2 with also Teleport 2. Since he eats away at non-living matter, you make your armor bamf away (minor action to resummon it). This means that, yes, you are traveling around town nude while hovering 10' in the air.

I did say he was eccentric.

I could definitely see a Bard (making a name for himself) or Wizard (too much time studying to care for silly things like clothing) doing this, but any arcane caster works.

Also, you'd have to be a bit higher than level 1 (though not much, this is easily doable by level 5, I think it is. I can't remember the exact level of the ritual though.)

Mando Knight
2010-12-01, 09:22 PM
Sorcerer also works for that. Eccentricity is practically in their job description.

Meta
2010-12-02, 10:26 AM
I'll play the leader. Assuming michelle is cool with me taking some time out of Xmas on the Hill day. He picked a fairly poor day for this haha.

Vanguard weapon is level 3 so get it. To my knowledge a nightmare saddle is needed to ride a teleporting mount. Not a level 5 item.

Kangaskhan are pretty tough so I'd say do a Con build.

EDIT: nice avatar

tcrudisi
2010-12-02, 10:37 AM
Vanguard weapon is level 3 so get it. To my knowledge a nightmare saddle is needed to ride a teleporting mount. Not a level 5 item.

EDIT: nice avatar

First - who were you talking to about the Vanguard?

Second - who has the nice avatar?

Third - you are correct about needing the Saddle of the Nightmare for when the Gelatinous Cube teleports. Actually, I stand corrected as I gave out a bit of misinformation. The Cube doesn't get teleport 2 to start off with. That requires a level 11 feat (Space-Bending Spirit) to give him Teleport 2 as an additional movement mode.

But really, everything else still stands. You still get to ride around buck-naked on an invisible cube. Dragonbane asked for a character that I've been wanting to play (for a year now :smallfrown:), so I gave it to him.

Meta
2010-12-02, 11:03 AM
First - who were you talking to about the Vanguard?

Second - who has the nice avatar?

Third - you are correct about needing the Saddle of the Nightmare for when the Gelatinous Cube teleports. Actually, I stand corrected as I gave out a bit of misinformation. The Cube doesn't get teleport 2 to start off with. That requires a level 11 feat (Space-Bending Spirit) to give him Teleport 2 as an additional movement mode.

But really, everything else still stands. You still get to ride around buck-naked on an invisible cube. Dragonbane asked for a character that I've been wanting to play (for a year now :smallfrown:), so I gave it to him.

1st: Dragonbane. Sorry I know him, so I'm informal. Vanguard weapon for his barbarian. Also Badge of the Berserker is level 2. So magic armor +1 to round it out.

2nd: Dragonbane, he was supposed to get his DnD character like myself and even has his thank you in sig but can't figure out how to change to it.

3rd: I understand. I too frequent CharOp so I know how it works good sir.

tcrudisi
2010-12-02, 11:18 AM
I too frequent CharOp so I know how it works good sir.

Wait, where did you get that I frequent CharOp from? Unless you just have an amazing memory or recently looked at the familiar thread (where I posted this idea at originally), then I'm amazed. Especially since I frequent the CharOp forums under a different name. :smalltongue:

Meta
2010-12-02, 11:56 AM
Wait, where did you get that I frequent CharOp from? Unless you just have an amazing memory or recently looked at the familiar thread (where I posted this idea at originally), then I'm amazed. Especially since I frequent the CharOp forums under a different name. :smalltongue:

Based on the contents of your posts I assumed you did. Amazing memory helps. I too use a different name :smallwink:

amaranth69
2010-12-02, 01:20 PM
I am currently playing a dwarven hybrid battlemind/avenger who is so awesome that sharks have a week devoted to her. hehe

amaranth69
2010-12-02, 01:27 PM
I am currently playing a dwarven hybrid battlemind/avenger who is so awesome that sharks have a week devoted to her. hehe

DragonBaneDM
2010-12-02, 01:37 PM
Meta, do you think we should bring magic items into this?

And thanks man. Cubone MIGHT be the Cha build, just cause he's an adorable little thing and I wanna try that build out.

It doesn't seem good, though. Anyone stand to prove to me Thaneborn's worth?

Meta
2010-12-02, 01:50 PM
You could do CHA but I don't think he would be CHA. He is adorable but he doesn't act like it or know it. Like your image and story of him is serious not cutesy.

Bring magic items you can always ditch them if needed.

I built a pacifist Changeling Warlord MC Bard for this

DragonBaneDM
2010-12-02, 02:29 PM
And I shall be your tiny, tough, Ground-type avatar of fury.

Mind if I stop over before dinner to work on this little guy?

Meta
2010-12-02, 02:36 PM
Do so asap. Going shopping with the lady. I assume it's for formal wear, but she has plenty of dresses so maybe not.

And you couldn't have texted me that?

On topic of fun builds. A warlord that carries a staff and does 0 damage is cool