PDA

View Full Version : Pre-building my next Character(3.5)

Nightmarenny
2010-12-01, 10:51 PM
So my next character is going to be a Dwarf rogue and I'm trying to figure out where to take him. he's going to be a youth whom was born on a grand omen and great things are expected from him. The trouble is that he isn't a very good Dwarf. He's weaker but quicker. Strangled by great expectation and the fear that if he tries to be a normal Dwarf Warrior he will be mediocre and forever unfulfilled he leaves his home.

He becomes something of a mascot in the town he finds. He develops a strong relationship with the mayor and Innkeeper. He preforms various tricks in the inn so he makes enough money to get by. He juggles and preforms other acts of dexterity. thats when the Campaign begins.

So he will start as a rogue and I have two possible plans for his development. He takes five or so levels into rogue and then switches to fighter to grab feats and BAB for a level or two until finishing off as Dualist. He becomes a Crit'ing, feighting, sneak attacker.

OR

He uses a Chain in his tricks and carries that on when he becomes an adventurer. He becomes a finesse Spiked Chain sneak attacker grabs levels in fighter and then becomes a Dwarven Defender. Trips anyone who gets close and then sneak attacks the fallen to hell.

How well will these work out? Are there better options? Note that I'm limited to core right now.

Morbis Meh
2010-12-01, 11:06 PM
Well if you want BAB then go 4 lvls rogue then as many lvls of swashbuckler as you want (with the Daring outlaw feat). This way you get all the sneaky goodness of a rogue with better BAB and HD, the only downside is that you lose out skill points.

Morbis Meh
2010-12-01, 11:08 PM
Oh I forgot, if you want a few extra feats take a couple of flaws from Unearthed Arcana (if your DM will allow it). As a bonus with swashbuckler you automatically pick up weapon finesse.