PDA

View Full Version : metamagicing wands

SamsDisciple
2010-12-02, 02:33 AM
I have been looking into doing a double wand wielder recently but now I have a question on how certain things work.
Does metamagic spell trigger feat and metamagic wandgrip item both work at the same time? They seem like they are the same bonus so they wouldn't stack but my mouth is drooling over the idea of duel wielding wands of scorching ray and burning charges to split ray twin spell the heck out of it. Does it work though?

Boci
2010-12-02, 02:37 AM
Yes, but isn't that gona cost 630gp for the primary wand and 720gp for the secondary per round. Seeking ray is better than scorching ray from a wand since its electricity damage and has other bonuses.

SamsDisciple
2010-12-02, 02:44 AM
Planning on crafting my own wands to cut costs some and this is a campaign with ridiculous amounts of gold so I am not to worried. Also you are very right about seeking ray I don't know why I didn't say that in the first place. For arguments sake I still want to pose the question, how could I make it even more powerful or keep the power but make it cheaper?

Acanous
2010-12-02, 02:53 AM
take a couple levels in Artificer? You'd get some free craft XP, a bonus feat to blow on Legendary Artificer or one of the other craft feats, and if you stuck with it there's some item use class features that help