PDA

View Full Version : Dance Dance!

Loki~
2010-12-02, 04:34 AM
Hi there people.

DERVISH DANCE.

Its states that "during a dervish dance you must move a MINIMUM of 5 feet between each attack and CANNOT return to a square she just exited."

reading this...

- May I move more than 5 feet between attacks?
and
- May I lose attacks in order to be able to return to a square where your enemy is?

Loki~
2010-12-02, 06:48 AM
...anyone?

Sinfonian
2010-12-02, 06:58 AM
The answer to your first question is yes. The phrase "you must move a minimum" certainly indicates the ability to choose to move more than that minimum.

As for your second, I'm not certain what you mean. If you are asking "Can I lose one or more of my attacks granted by Dervish Dance to return to the square I just left?" Then the answer (as far as I can tell) is no. You can still attack the same enemy, you will just need to be a different square each time. You can backtrack, but you can only be in a particular square one out of every four attacks (i.e. Attack from 1, move to 2 and attack, 1 is forbidden, move to 3 and attack, 2 is forbidden but 1 is not).

I hope that answers it for you.

Loki~
2010-12-02, 11:01 AM
yeah, i realized that if i can move 10ft y can go back to 1 and continue full attacking :smallbiggrin:

megabyter5
2010-12-02, 12:14 PM
Attack him in front. Move to his side and attack his side. Move behind and attack his back. Move to his other side and attack that side. Go back in front and attack that. Congrats, you've just made four attacks on him in a dervish dance.

AstralFire
2010-12-02, 12:16 PM
Please tell me your dervish is a revolutionary.

Also, whip-daggers are awesome for dervishes. :D

Silus
2010-12-02, 05:07 PM
Quick question regarding Dervish Dance, as this thread is already here...

Tinkering with Auto-loading Hand Crossbows (Quick Reload enchant or Rapid Reload feat for free-action reloads), and I was wondering if, assuming proper feats were taken, a pair of Hand Crossbows (or even just one, or even a Light x-bow) could be used during the Dance (while forgoing the +'s for using slashing weapons)?

AstralFire
2010-12-02, 06:06 PM
Doesn't it specify melee?

Silus
2010-12-02, 06:08 PM
Doesn't it specify melee?

*Checks* Yes, though I'm unclear if using ranged weapons in melee are counted as ranged or melee...

KillianHawkeye
2010-12-02, 06:10 PM
It also says that you must be using a slashing weapon (see paragraph 3 of the Dervish Dance description).

So if you know any ranged weapons that deal slashing damage....

EDIT: Actually, using a ranged weapon on an adjacent enemy still constitutes making a ranged attack, and since the ability specifies that you can only make melee attacks....

Silus
2010-12-02, 06:12 PM
It also says that you must be using a slashing weapon (see paragraph 3 of the Dervish Dance description).

So if you know any ranged weapons that deal slashing damage....

Oops, well, guess that answers my question then ^^;;

Would have been pretty sick though IMO.

Kelb_Panthera
2010-12-02, 08:35 PM
In ToB there's the bloodstorm blade PrC which lets you use melee abilities with a thrown weapon, I think.