PDA

View Full Version : Random NPC generator called you

Frozen_Feet
2010-12-02, 02:47 PM
Okay, so one of my players bought a mansion. Now I need to describe the retainers he hired.

Because I'm lazy I'm in a bit of a hurry, I'm going to utilize you in creating them. :smallcool:

I need info on 3 Guards, 2 laborers, 1 mercenary, 1 accountant, 1 butler and 4 maids (12 people in total). Each should have a short, three paragraph bio, with one paragraph for Appearance, Personality and Background each.

Thanks in advance.

Greenish
2010-12-02, 02:52 PM
Which/what kind of setting?

nedz
2010-12-02, 03:06 PM
What kind of Hirelings ?

Level 1 NPC class types - or something a little more interesting ?

Frozen_Feet
2010-12-02, 03:40 PM
Setting is something called "weird fantasy", stats won't matter since they'll all be standard level 0 characters I can just look from the back of my book.

Really, just go wild.

And I thought I described their purpose already - they're staff for a mansion. 3 Guards, 2 laborers, 1 mercenary, 1 accountant, 1 butler and 4 maids.

Sipex
2010-12-02, 03:45 PM
Do you really need paragraphs? Here's point form.

Here's a guard!

Jeremy
- Tall male human, about 32 years old, blue eyes, balding brown hair. Standard guard's uniform with a yellow bandana tied around his arm.
- Ashamed of his bald hair so tends to keep his helmet on at all times. Currently dealing with depression due to having somewhat of a dead end job and never taking the time to settle down. Usually seems distracted but professional. Bandana around his arm is to commemorate an old friend he worked with in the past who was killed during an assassination attempt on an old master.

Sillycomic
2010-12-02, 03:52 PM
Esuril

Maid. 16 years old. This is her first job. She's ever so excited to be out of the house and doing something on her own for the first time ever, even if it is only making beds and dusting counter tops.

She has long brown hair that she keeps back in a pony tail as she works, large hazel doe eyes, and tanned skin. The maid outfit they gave her is much too big for her, but she's saving up a few copper pieces to get a sewing kit of her own and then she'll be able to alter it.

She's very shy, and tends to laugh whenever she does something embarassing or there's stuff going on that she doesn't understand. She is curious though, and if you let her she will ask you random questions all day.

Agrippa
2010-12-02, 05:37 PM
Try this one on for size, if you will.

Elizabeth or "Elle", awakened gorilla maid.

Background: Hailing from far off jungle highlands Elizabeth, as she now prefers to be called, always wanted more from life than much of her kind. While more intelligent than most civilized creatures would care to admit these mountain gorillas lacked one thing that all other sapient life shares, curiosity. For this reason Elle traveled beyond her familiar homeland as a stow away on board a merchant ship bound for [insert name of major city here]. Though she had to dodge a great deal of hunters employed by aristocrats, gentry and owners looking to add the young gorilla to their collection, not to mention quite a few odd jobs such as bouncer and the like, to get where she is today. A maid in [fill in the blank‘s] service.
Appearance: She’s a 5’ tall female gorilla who wares a brown knee-length cotton apron. Do you honestly need any more details than that?
Personality: Elle is a kind, caring and compassionate soul with an almost boundless sense of curiosity who wants little more than to learn our ways and customs and to help those less fortunate than she is. While largely incapable of humanoid speech Elle can still understand human-like speech and can communicate through sign language or writing.

MidnightOne
2010-12-02, 10:23 PM
Laborer
Eloviel's clothing - a recently-bought and serviceable woolen skirt and top and a pair of new boots - fit conservatively on her but do not obscure the fact that she's female. Her brown hair is tied back into a shoulder-length pony-tail, and you get the impression it's more for ease of maintenance than fashion.

All in all, she really doesn't stand out from any crowd until you meet her brown eyes: They have a deep gemstone quality to them. Maybe there's something more to her, too - the infectious serene smile, the absolute calm she seems to maintain, or that she speaks in soft unhurried tones, deferentially polite and calm even in the face of rudeness or anger.
(pic I use for her s here: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/124/324398438_7bd138ef5b_m.jpg")

But along the full moon... The dark hair on this large wolf and sharp look to its eyes belie its origins - it's clear you're dealing with either a dire- or were-wolf.

She's unaware she's a werewolf.

jebob
2010-12-03, 05:03 AM
Darius (Butler)
- Medium male human, about 25 years old, brown eyes, short brown hair. White shirt and pressed trousers, with a bow tie for formal occaisions.
- Worked as a page boy for a while, but has only recently become a butler. Very professional, but willing to talk with the master of the house if he so desires.
- Older brother of Esuril. He finds her endless questions annoying, although he does care for her. He arranged for her to get a job at the mansion.

Rixx
2010-12-03, 06:11 AM
Kain the accountant
Male human
15 years old

Kain is a young kid, short even for his age, with exquisitely retained blond parted hair and piercing pale blue eyes. He wears professional and tasteful clothes usually typical for people much older than he, likely custom made.

Kain is a prodigy with numbers and doesn't hesitate to make sure everyone knows. His gaze is cold and calculating and his speech quiet and measured. However, he knows that people will tolerate him because he really is one of the best at what he does - and deep down, he's fiercely loyal to those who keep him in their employ, and strives to prove that hiring a kid like him is not a mistake.

bokodasu
2010-12-03, 07:21 AM
She's unaware she's a werewolf.

She's an unawerewolf?

Frozen_Feet
2010-12-03, 07:44 AM
Good, good.

Keep it coming, people! :smallbiggrin:

Sillycomic
2010-12-03, 09:06 AM
Acorn. Halfling mercenary.

What? You made a short joke? You better not in front of Acorn. He's one of those angry halflings. He should have been a dwarf... even his eyebrows move in a dwarflike manner. He has short brown hair with a very pronounced bald spot, sharp green eyes and a pointy nose that twitches when he talks.

He drinks, smokes and tells dirty jokes like a sailor, unless there are ladies present. Every once in a while if you get him drunk enough he will tell you he grew up in a circus and show you some of his fancy juggling skills, but he will completely deny this incident ever happened the next day.

Despite being a halfling he knows little about cooking, but he is very apt with his small bastard sword, and can do any mission you give him with little effort or challenge. Usually heads out with his trusty riding dog, Fidgit.

GoatBoy
2010-12-03, 10:46 AM
She's an unawerewolf?

You win everything forever.

Name: Luthor

Position: Guard

Appearance: Pushing middle age, but well-built and muscled. Black hair and beard with growing patches of grey, receding hairline. Always prominently wears his prized possession, a magic ring which is his one and only trophy from his previous career, the function of which he has never divulged.

Personality: Luthor would have made it big as an adventurer, except for the accident early in his career that left him with a permanent limp. Though good-natured and quick to joke, this handicap is an ever-present reminder of the life of distinction he never had. Tends to live vicariously through younger friends, and acts as a repository of information on local adventurers and adventuring sites.

Background: Received special combat training as a youth due to coming from a well-to-do family. After his early retirement, his family's fortune was annexed in a business deal gone bad, and Luthor was forced into a life of labour as a hired guard.

Rixx
2010-12-03, 03:06 PM
Be sure to report back with reactions / stories about your players' interactions with the NPCs!