PDA

View Full Version : Flying mounts

backpackjack
2010-12-03, 12:03 AM
Can you recommend good flying or tree hopping/climbing/jumping mounts for small jungle/forest dwelling creatures of a variety of ECLs?

AstralFire
2010-12-03, 06:42 AM
Glidewing from ECS. Give it rainbow feathers. 800G, super awesome, can carry one Medium or two Small. You're riding an archaeopteryx! Affordable from level 2.

ShriekingDrake
2010-12-03, 10:06 AM
Take a look at the Arboreal Halfling link in my sig. Under "Relations" I have some flying mounts listed in the final paragraph.

big teej
2010-12-03, 11:15 AM
I vote for wyverns
or griffons

or bulettes
or bears
or boars
or rhinos
.... who needs to jump through trees when you CAN KNOCK THEM DOWN?!!?!?

JaronK
2010-12-03, 11:25 AM
Can you recommend good flying or tree hopping/climbing/jumping mounts for small jungle/forest dwelling creatures of a variety of ECLs?

Desmoderu Hunting Bats are amazing. 5HD, great detection abilities, can go anywhere, and they're already domesticated. Just get a Warbeast Desmoderu Hunting Bat and you're set. See MMII. Should be able to afford it at level 3. Note that as written and errataed they suffer miss chances in the dark due to not having darkvision (they had Blindsight originally, this was downgraded to Blindsense in the 3.5 changeover, but they never gained more vision to make up for this).

JaronK