PDA

View Full Version : Hextor vs. Morradin

Balor01
2010-12-03, 08:11 AM
Here's a situation:

There is a border town on the edge of LE human empire and LG dvarwen empire. Recently, LE human empire got much greater influence in this town and clerics of Hextor have a serious intention on building their temple in the city.

Do you think:
- Morradin boys would move out?
- Would dwarven empire start a war on human empire?
- Would both temples coexist in a same town?

GodGoblin
2010-12-03, 08:16 AM
I think that depends on alot more than just the alignment and race of the Dwarves, if the king of the Dwarven empire is a Lawfull Awsome kind of LG with a holy knight king and an empire that involves a whole lot of paladins then no. War would probably be the answer.

But if they were lawful in the sense that they follow there Dwarven codes and good in the sense that they do well by others then possibly they would let it slide.

Myth
2010-12-03, 08:23 AM
Both temples are lawful. So long as they abide by the laws and don't stir up trouble it should not escalate. The question is are the respective countries allowing the opposite faction to set up temples elsewhere in their territory? If there is already some history of mutual tolerance, that's one thing. If they persecute and kill each other on sight it's another.

akma
2010-12-03, 08:42 AM
The only way I can see a war starting from that situation is if the dwarven empire count the village as part of their land.

Telonius
2010-12-03, 08:52 AM
Depends on the personality of your dwarves, and how hard the Hextorites push. I can see a couple possibilities. Either some sort of general harrumphing, mocking of Hextor's poorly-made armor and weak beer, and nodding of heads saying this newfangled trend will never last. I could also see the Hextorites trying to start a general persecution, tempting some dwarves with loot if they look the other way, passing laws making it hard for dwarves to follow their traditions, and so on. Maybe requiring a beardless image to be taken "for identification purposes," banning alcohol consumption on certain days, things like that. Mess with the beer or the beard, and there will be blood.

big teej
2010-12-03, 11:10 AM
. Mess with the beer or the beard, and there will be blood.

amen!
harrumph!
-head nod-

not my fault that I strongly Identify with dwarves....:smallredface::smallsigh:

also, can I sig this?

edit: pedantic.....
beer
beard
bear
beerd
I'VE FOUND THE CONNECTION!!!