PDA

View Full Version : [4e] You're going to do WHAT to the statue?

Christopher K.
2010-12-03, 08:14 AM
Last week, my group entered a dungeon and the first thing we fought was a mechanical statue with a control panel on its back(Knowing my DM, I think it had the same stats as the one in Encounters the week before).

So now I've got a dilemma. My Eladrin wizard compulsively salvages odd things from enemies and has little regard for morality in general, and wants to isolate the parts for a single arm of the construct and graft it to his own body. Seeing how a successful Arcana check(in both Encounters and in this session) could affect the machine, and how my current DM thinks it'd sound cool to have a mechanical arm, is there any precedent for a mechanical graft like this in 4e? (Open Grave's Undead Grafts come to mind, but the closest I could come to an actual conclusion was that Zombie Arm might be my best bet, reflavored)

Tengu_temp
2010-12-03, 09:11 AM
I think there's an extra limb magic item for Warforged. I know there's an Artificer paragon path that's centered around the concept of "I have a metal arm".

Kurald Galain
2010-12-03, 09:14 AM
I would pick a wand or staff implement of your choice and say that this is now your arm. Would that work?

Sipex
2010-12-03, 09:15 AM
Agreed, I was going to recommend the warforged book too.

I don't know the book's name unfortunately.

DragonBaneDM
2010-12-03, 09:17 AM
Self-Forged is the Paragon Path Double-T was referring to.

Just looked it over, and I mean there are worse things out there. The attacks base off of Int, so you'd probably be hitting.

It seems to focus on durability a lot, so if your wizard's lacking that, here's a good way to get it.

But if your DM is gracious and you have a Paragon Path or one in mind already, I'm sure you can work something out like a graft.

ImSAMazing
2015-12-04, 07:03 AM
Kill it. Hack it. Slash it.

Ursus Spelaeus
2015-12-06, 06:00 PM
I once had a 4E character with a hook for a hand. His hook was just a reskinned dagger.
He did eventually get a clockwork hand replacement. We used a reskinned +1 dagger for that.
Don't sweat the small stuff. Just focus on the overall shape of things and remember: "Rule of cool."

Yakk
2015-12-08, 11:19 AM
Myself, I'd ask the player if they want to head towards the self-forged artificer paragon path with a artificer MC.

First, they have to MC artificer. Then the arm becomes a magic item of some kind (maybe 'hand crafted' by the DM) attached to them.

They are now expected to become self-forged at paragon tier.

Havelocke
2015-12-09, 01:36 PM
Warforged stuff is in the Eberron sourcebook. I like the idea of having it as an implement with some power in it (maybe a daily?) that possibly adds a point of AC since it is metal.