PDA

View Full Version : War Camels [3.5 kind of]

bbugg
2010-12-03, 02:34 PM
Has anyone statted/costed out normal and/or war camels?

I'm looking to play a wandering (modified) Air Genasi priest of Shaundakul from Calishman in our Iron Heroes (modified 3.5) game. Essentially, I'm going as one fo the three wise men, just to annoy my DM.

I'm thinking I'll be relatively peaceful, mostly a healer type, but I'd like to be able to fire a bow from the back of my camel when the need arises. Has anyone statted/costed such a beast?

I know Camles are in the SRD - would you consider them "war" mounts, or do I need to control them each round as a move action? Presumably in the desert war trained camels would exist. Would the stats vary from the normal camel? What would you set the cost at? My DM is prety reasonable - if I can give a reference and/or logic to support a concept, he'll usually go for it.

Urpriest
2010-12-03, 02:39 PM
There's a War Camel in Sandstorm.

Greenish
2010-12-03, 02:39 PM
I know Camles are in the SRD - would you consider them "war" mounts, or do I need to control them each round as a move action?Handle Animal allows training animals for Combat Riding (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/handleAnimal.htm).

MMII has the warbeast template that can be added to an animal using Handle Animal.

Sir Swindle89
2010-12-03, 02:41 PM
Theres a War Beast template in the MM2 (thats the green one right?)

Edit: Swordsage'd

bbugg
2010-12-03, 02:43 PM
Awesome, thanks a lot.