PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] How would you adapt slayer to an arcane casting class?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-12-03, 10:05 PM
Ok I have been toying with some skill-gishes builds lately, and I haven't found a gish prestige class with decent SP per level; but the Slayer does have 4+int, and with my groups houserule concerning class skills, the somewhat lacklustre skill list is not a problem.

So I am considering asking the DM if he would allow me to take slayer as an arcane prestige class with some modifications.

and to my surprise it has been extremely easy, save three abilities: Cerebral Blind, Power Breach and Cerebral Immunity, which all require being psionically focused.

So ideas peoples on a decent mechanic for this? Comments on weather it is a good idea or not?

Flickerdart
2010-12-03, 10:06 PM
The 3.0 version of psionic focus was having X powerpoints remaining in your pool. So you could make it like reserve feats - as long as you have a spell of Xth level or higher memorized, it's on, but as soon as you're dry, it turns off.

tyckspoon
2010-12-03, 10:07 PM
I'd just leave them always on; without any other psionic feats, you would always be holding focus anyway, so it'd be basically the same thing.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-12-03, 10:07 PM
The 3.0 version of psionic focus was having X powerpoints remaining in your pool. So you could make it like reserve feats - as long as you have a spell of Xth level or higher memorized, it's on, but as soon as you're dry, it turns off.

That is a pretty nice an and elegant idea... will ask my DM.

Edit:Tyckspoon: I think my DM will be more willing if there is the possibility of loosing said abilities, as the original version (and the whole metapsionic system) seems to be balanced around that. Might proposed that and what flickerdart suggested as an alternative.