PDA

View Full Version : Healing Fatigue

Hanuman
2010-12-03, 11:05 PM
So I was thinking about the feat Broken One's Sacrifice (Champions of Valor), perhaps on a troll paladin (lol), and I was wondering if anyone has any great tips on getting rid of fatigue (not fatigue immunity).

Quietus
2010-12-03, 11:06 PM
Lesser Restoration does it.

Hanuman
2010-12-03, 11:09 PM
So I guess an intelligent item which casts lesser restoration on me? Thanks.

Escheton
2010-12-04, 12:14 AM
Isnt restoration a paladin spell?

Temotei
2010-12-04, 12:15 AM
Rest does it. :smalltongue:

Xan_Kriegor
2010-12-04, 12:18 AM
Isnt restoration a paladin spell?

From the online SRD:
Lesser Restoration: Cleric 2/Druid 2/Paladin 1 (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/restorationlesser.htm)
Restoration: Cleric 4/Paladin 4 (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/restoration.htm)
Greater Restoration: Cleric 7 (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/restorationgreater.htm)

Darrin
2010-12-04, 12:49 AM
Fatigue is easy to get rid of:

* Warforged.
* Horizon Walker.
* Touchstone feat (Sandstorm) linked to Shrine at Kahar, lesser restoration 1/day.
* Tireless regional feat (Player's Guide to Faerun p. 46)
* Wand of Ray of Resurgence (Lost Empires of Faerun)
* Icewild Lichen Paste (Secrets of Sarlona p. 138)
* Boots of the Unending Journey (MIC p. 79), requires True Believer feat.
* Sphere of Awakening (MIC p. 186) cures fatigue 1/day.
* Talisman of Undying Fortitude (MIC p. 188) cures a bunch of things 2/day.
* Heavy Legs graft (Faiths of Eberron p. 158).

Thurbane
2010-12-04, 01:03 AM
Aren't most of those fatigue immunity?

Caduceus Bracers (MIC) allow you to trade 5 points of Lay on Hands to remove fatigue.

Dr.Epic
2010-12-04, 01:04 AM
So I was thinking about the feat Broken One's Sacrifice (Champions of Valor), perhaps on a troll paladin (lol), and I was wondering if anyone has any great tips on getting rid of fatigue (not fatigue immunity).

Just out of curiosity, why aren't you looking for immunity to it?:smallconfused: The ability to heal from fatigue doesn't matter when you immune to it completely (it's like healing that starts before you even suffer from it).

Thurbane
2010-12-04, 01:06 AM
Broken One's Sacrifice only works if you can actually become fatigued. If you are immune, it does nothing.

You cannot use this feat if you are exhausted or if you are immune to fatigue.

Hanuman
2010-12-04, 04:47 AM
Hmm good ideas.

I think paladin is the best choice, and the feat really suits a paladin.

Vizzerdrix
2010-12-04, 05:10 AM
Hmm... Not to thread jack, but say someone wanted to take the Troll Blooded feat and avoid that pesky sunlight fatigue all together what would be the soonest way, level wise? :smallconfused:

Curmudgeon
2010-12-04, 05:33 AM
A Breath of the Waves graft (Magic of Eberron, pages 130-131) will negate all of these conditions, once per hour: exhausted, fatigued, nauseated, paralyzed, sickened, or stunned.

Hanuman
2010-12-04, 10:08 AM
I think the lay on hands option + lesser restoration is the winning combo, anything that makes me immune to taking the fatigue negates the power the original source of the fatigue would allow me.

SurlySeraph
2010-12-04, 11:23 AM
Hmm... Not to thread jack, but say someone wanted to take the Troll Blooded feat and avoid that pesky sunlight fatigue all together what would be the soonest way, level wise? :smallconfused:

Do you mind mixing setting-specific material from different settings? If not, a human with one flaw taking Toughness, Troll-Blooded, and Tireless as mentioned above could do it at 1st level. A Warforged with one flaw taking Toughness and Troll-Blooded would also work.

If you do mind that, whatever 5/ Horizon Walker 1 with Desert Terrain Mastery does it at 6th level.

Darrin
2010-12-04, 01:50 PM
I think paladin is the best choice, and the feat really suits a paladin.

They also get the spell "Second Wind" in the Spell Compendium. 1st level Paladin spell that removes fatigue and gives you a +4 untyped bonus on Constitution checks for 1 hour/level.

Pechvarry
2010-12-04, 06:21 PM
+1 to Caduceus Bracers. I think there are some effects that treat your Cha or Paladin level as higher for the purposes of points/day to go along with it. Also, the Dungeonscape Spirit ACF for Paladin gets you a heal drone to keep you as a healer despite using your own pool of healing on Caduceus stuff. Even better if your DM lets you use Swift Call feat to summon spirits as a swift action instead of a Standard.

Thurbane
2010-12-04, 06:31 PM
Unicorn Pendant (MIC) allows you to treat CHA as 4 higher for Lay on Hands.
Shield of Mercy (MIC) lets you swap out Smite attempts for extra healing...although I'm not sure if this healing would work for Caduceus Bracers.

Hanuman
2010-12-04, 10:56 PM
Unicorn Pendant (MIC) allows you to treat CHA as 4 higher for Lay on Hands.
Shield of Mercy (MIC) lets you swap out Smite attempts for extra healing...although I'm not sure if this healing would work for Caduceus Bracers.
That's even better, I'd prefer to use smite only against undead and evil outsiders anyway.