PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus]The Nightclub Salvation I: If the Health Club doesn't use demon ducks, we will

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-04, 02:36 AM
The Nightclub Salvation.
Grand Opening today!
Drinks one third price.

Somewhere in Inside, Riverside, Outside and the flipside is the Nightclub Salvation, the Nexus's only nightclub. If course, these are only empty buildings, the real Nightclub is contained in it's own pocket dimension, to which all the doors lead. The Nightclub itself is a one of a kind place, and possibly the most expensive to build Nightclub in the history of everything.

A illusionary aura, provided by Mercury, fills the entire club with shimmering, pulsing light which shifts colors constantly, golden sparks drifting down from the ceiling above only to disappear whenever they touch the floor. Another illusion on the club makes it very hard to not have a good time, even making the people in the Nightclub look more beautiful. There is always a very good band playing in the club, but PC musicians are free to play if they want, and you can get headphones that play nothing but your favorite songs and block out the other music if you don't like what's on. There is also a pit in the center of the Nightclub, right next to the bar. This serves as both a mosh pit and, when there is a fight in the club, an arena, holding anything from dance-offs to fights to dance-fights, all of which the bartenders are only too happy to take bets on.

Staff
Owner: Mercury, mage and PC.

Bartenders:
Riff-Raff, a quite attractive catman with a lecherous streak, also a complete coward.
Nell: Catgirl, also quite attractive. Columbia has the attention span of a butterfly, but is very good at looking like she's paying attention.

Dancers:
Aliana, a half-deva elf, capable of giving angry stares that would make eldritch abominations run for it.
Sefrin, a two hundred or year or so old vampire, Sefrin has managed to maintain a youthful appearance by drinking the blood of anyone dumb enough to ask her out.
Ulg, the only male dancer in the club, Ulg is possibly the most handsome half-orc ever to not wear a shirt.

OOC Rules
1. Don't godmod, I'm not even sure why every thread repeats this seeing as its frowned upon forum wide, but just in case not doing so will call cthulhu, there, I said it.

2. Don't destroy the club, or do anything that would have the same effect.

3. Keep all fights confined to the ring, I understand sometimes fights can't be avoided, but please don't just start a brawl. Some people are here to RP socializing, not fighting, so if you must do smething, like, say, attack h club with a golem army announce this in the OoC first so those who don't want to fight have time to leave.

IC Rules
1. Don't start fights outside of the ring.

2. Don't kill anyone.

3. No bringing in booze, this is a clean establishment, meaning you have to buy it from us.

Refreshments
While lacking the extensive menu of Trog's or the Black Dragon's, the Nightclub Salvation does have a small selection of the finest drinks that can be overpriced.

Klatchian Coffee: Served black, this potent brew can instantly cure hangovers and sober the drunkest man. Do not consume except with massive amounts of alcohol.

Euphoria Absinthe: Imbued with various illusions to induce happiness, this drink is a favorite of the depressed.

Evil Spirits: Contains angel blood, a innocent soul and poison. Generic drink for generic badguys.

Liquid Courage: Brewed with dwarven secrets and magic, this ale can give the most cowardly man the courage to punch gods in the face, assuming he can still stand.

Fireball Tonic: There's a contest to see who can drink the most of these in one sitting. Riff-raff holds the current record of two, and he cheated.

Molotov Martini: Served while burning, drank while still warm.

Amnesia 101% percent proof and closer to moonshine than anything else, you won't remember what happened to you after drinking this. Claims that it contains chloroform are untrue.

Pan-Galatic Gargle Blaster: For those who can't afford a real lemon wrapped gold brick, this is slightly cheaper.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-04, 05:29 PM
Mercury strides up to the club, staff in hand, a confident smirk on his face. He raises the staff above his head, and speaks a word of power. Lightning crackles and arcs around him, and the air ripples with magical energy. He lowers the staff, speaks another word of power, this one with enough power to deafen the average mortal.... And nothing happens. Mercury just stares in disbelief.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-04, 07:30 PM
After a few hours, Mercury finally figures out why the staff wasn't working. Sighing, he points the other end at the door and casts the spell. A bolt of lighting crackles through the frame of the door, and it is now a portal to the Nightclub Salvation. Sighing, he steps inside and gets himself some Euphoria Absinthe.

lord pringle
2010-12-04, 09:13 PM
Ire struts in wearing a suithttp://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1012/d04/2008/8405598.png "Man get me some of that soul juice. Need some fun here."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-04, 09:16 PM
Nell pulls a bottle of Evil Spirits out from under the bar and pours it into a glass, giving Ire a wink. "What's your name?"

lord pringle
2010-12-04, 09:18 PM
"Names Ire. I'm not single." He chugs the drink.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-04, 09:20 PM
Ilyena teleports in, already preparing an anti-magic spell that should seriously disable the place. He asks one of the waitstaff, "Is Mercury in?"

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-04, 09:25 PM
"Well, why does that matter?" Nell says, laughing. "Just kiddin, I'm not some house-wrecking floozy."

Meanwhile, Riff-raff turns to Ilyena. "No, we haven't seen him, didn't even show up to open up the club. Want a drink?"

lord pringle
2010-12-04, 09:32 PM
"Maybe I should bring Lux here... Another drink please."

Moff Chumley
2010-12-04, 09:33 PM
Ilyena wrinkles his nose. "Gods, no." He adresses the staff as a group: "Well, I do hope you enjoy each other's comany." To Ire, "and my most sincere apologies, friend. It had to be done." Ilyena activates the anti-magic field, which'll prevent anyone from getting in or out of the nightclub due to its use of portals, leaving himself a five second window to teleport out. Which he does, straight to Mercury's mansion.

lord pringle
2010-12-04, 09:35 PM
Ire screams as the field goes up and vanishes. being alive magically isn't that great.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-04, 09:55 PM
After a few seconds, the clubs magic re-activates and the potals spring back to life. What, you honestly thought Mercury wouldn't be prepared for anti-magic?

Moff Chumley
2010-12-04, 09:58 PM
And for a moment, magic may return, but the spell will cast itself again. And if that's dispelled, it'll cast itself again. And again. What's the good of an anti-magic field if you can just dispell it? What, you honestly thought Ilyena wouldn't be prepared for a counter-spell?

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-04, 10:39 PM
After a few attempts, the portals stop trying to re-activate and the backups turn on. Non-magical portals spring to life. Mercury pretty much prepared for everything, as he wasn't sure if he'd be around to take care of this place.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-04, 10:46 PM
Edgar the rat man paramedic walks in, finally off duty. He's in a fancy brown and white suit and walks right up to the bar.
"Can I get a drink? I was just on duty at Trog's."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-04, 10:59 PM
"Sure, whaddaya want?" Nell asks, smiling.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-04, 11:02 PM
"Oh, hell, they're all depressants! Just gimme whatever one makes you the most money!"
Edgar has had a VERY stressful day, and it shows.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-04, 11:24 PM
"Euphoria Absinthe it is." Nell says, pouring some into a glass.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-04, 11:29 PM
"Thanks," Edgar practically spits the word out (he's got nothing against Nell, he's just stressed) and downs the drink in one gulp.
"Another, please. And start a tab under the name Edgar Surtac."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-04, 11:36 PM
Well, luckily enough Euphoria Absinthe is magicly infused with spells to cheer the drinker up, and Nell quickly pours him another.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-04, 11:39 PM
And Edgar drinks it just as fast. The Skavid have four livers. And they can grow more.
Yikes.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-04, 11:48 PM
"Riff-raff, get over here." Nell says, and he does, setting four bottles Fire Tonic on the bar. A single glass of Fire Tonic drunken except in small sips with a good deal of time between can give even a lifelong drinker alcohol poisoning. "Dare you to drink these."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-04, 11:52 PM
Edgar grins. He used to be part of a disease cult, he's been made immune to almost ANYTHING, and he knows the cures for said ANYTHING.
"Lemme grow another liver real quick."
There's a squelching sound and Edgar makes a face like he's constipated, then grins and downs the bottles.
It's apparent that despite his dwarvenly liver strength, he's getting nice and stoned.

celtois
2010-12-05, 12:07 AM
A man dressed in the garb or a knight enters the club. It seems even men of faith have cravings from time to time, and what better place for him to partake in the sin that dwelled deep within him then in this hub of depravity.

Everywhere around him, he saw wickedness and evil and for the first time in his life. He didn't turn away. The guardians faith and purity was no more. It was only a matter of time.

He found his way to the bar, the whole time his one hand busy holding and fiddling with something. As he sat down at the bar he set it down in front of him and just stared at it; it was a tiny glass vial sealed perfectly, with no apparently stopper of any sort. The vial was made of all different colours of glass, a truly remarkable piece of craftsmanship. The stare was filled with an icy hate, for that last 20 years this vial, and his duty too it had consumed his life. Well no more he was taking charge of his own life. It had been long enough.

He waved a barkeeper over. "Miss, could I get a ... drink please." He almost had to spit the word drink out. Because he knew what he was doing was wrong. Forsaking his duty like this but.. No no more doubts this was his life the vial wasn't going to control it anymore.

In a very poetic action he pushed the vial aside to make room for his drink. Not even seeming to care when it fell over and rolled a little ways along the bar. Teetering near the edge.

He would never know the consequences that his actions would bring to the nexus, his choice to forsake his holy role in the divine tapestry would lead to death of many, and the strengthening of the cause of evil on this plane.

But for now the vial of just sits at the edge of the bar, ignored. An item of obviously great worth, possibly bordering on priceless in terms of craftsmanship.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 12:13 AM
Riff-raff hands the man an Amnesia, then attempts to grab the vial cause it's shiny.

celtois
2010-12-05, 12:26 AM
The man is given a drink. He takes a long prolonged sip.

His vision is drawn to Riff as he goes to grab the vial. Even having given up the task. He tries to stop her. But is much to late to even start. As he touches the vial.

A sudden surge of multicoloured light is sent flying out of it, as it shatters.

A booming voice seemingly out of nowhere states "The Sanctity has been broken. Let the world know fear."

The knight jumps to his feet, his movements now a little sluggish from the drink.

Then out of the explosion of light appears a man, he's unnaturally handsome and dressed in only a pair of black dress pants and dress shoes. His torso is bare and bears many scars as if he's been cut up pretty badly. At each hip a short dagger sits, and in his hand is a pistol. "You miss me?" he will try and smooch the bartender who just freed him.

The knight in the meantime jumps down into the arena. "You scum. Come and fight me."

Xavier grins then winks at Riff. "I'll be back for you in a second for you. " before jumping down into the fighting ring.

I'll delete these posts depending on your response in the OOC thread.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 12:28 AM
Edgar groans and almost drops his drink.
"C'mon people, I just had to patch up the folks over at Trog's and two folks died because they refused to tell me they were hurt! I can't operate while depressed and drunk!"

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 12:31 AM
Riff is kissed, but for the record, he's a he. Not that he objects, it's just Nell feels that kiss was rightfully hers. Also, if my knowledge of Nexus history is right, Magtok is not gonna be happy.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-05, 12:38 AM
Ilyena drops by again, whistling cheerfully. Outside the building, he chants under his breath for a good three minutes. The space the building containing portals to the nightclub was occupying is displaced to a location twenty feet in the air, portals and all. Then, it's hidden via illusions, and a duplicate is created in its place, also illusory. For good measure, an anti-magic field is placed around the area, and a subtle ward that alters the laws of physics is created, allowing regular motion, but preventing advanced technology from working. :smallsmile:

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 12:45 AM
(Should I take this as a sign that Ilyena will keep attacking the Nightclub forever, until I give up? And seriously, he can alter the laws of physics?)

And the building stays in place, has wards against illusions, and.... I got nothing. The Nightclub is now a prison.

celtois
2010-12-05, 12:46 AM
I noticed that after I made the post. xD went back and changed all the references. From She to He. Since Xavier really doesn't care either way.

Magtok, perhaps not. Mag did some experimenting with Xavier, turned him into a psychotic mess. That was after Alek was murdered, which turned Xavier into a world hating, self hating individual. The two put together ended in multiple attempts to end his own life.

and the Epic duel begins.

Take your bets before you open the spoiler. :smallbiggrin:

The knight seems to have the initial advantage, pressing home with his broad sword against his far less armed and armoured foe.

However Xavier seems to soon get board of dancing around the knights viscous blows and fires a shot right though the mans gut.

Causing him to double over and his guts start to spill over across the arena.

As Xavier approaches to finish him off. He thrusts defiantly upwards with his sword sticking it right through Xavier's rib cage. Probably piercing his heart.

Xavier stumbles backwards apparently in shock, before pulling the sword out of the wound, it starts to seal behind it. He looks the blade over. "Oww, you never learn do you. Steel won't do a thing to me." He is still grinning as he runs the knight through.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-05, 12:52 AM
Ilyena is an absurdly powerful mage, yah. Anyhow, people can get out fine. They do it twenty feet in the air, though...

The spells should last about eight hours. These kinds of wards are very difficult to set up permanently.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 12:53 AM
And Edgar suddenly sobers up.
"No, darnit!" he shouts in his shrill Skavid voice and jumps down to help the knight, pointing his very scary gun at Xavier.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 12:54 AM
Riff-raff and Nell talk for a few moments, and coin changes hands. Once the deul is over, Riff-raff is grinning, and Nell is slightly less wealthy.

celtois
2010-12-05, 12:56 AM
Xavier slowly turns to face this fool who thought to confront him. He can't help but scoff. As he states quite plainly. "What are your terms?" He doesn't seem particularly intimidated by said gun. In fact he appears almost amused by it.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 01:01 AM
"Terms? What the hell?" even though he spent years as a disease cultist, Edgar is disgusted by this strange being, "I'm just trying to...keep...him alive..."
It dawns on Edgar that for once, he doesn't have his medical tools.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 01:02 AM
(Right. And Mercury was overpowered how? Cause he had nowhere near that kind of power.)

"Hey, you should have made a bet before it was over. It's your fault you didn't." Riff-raff says, turning to Edgar.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-05, 01:04 AM
Ilyena's a powerful caster. And Mercury trashed his favorite bar. He really shoulda seen it coming.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 01:04 AM
Edgar scowls at Riff-Raff and spits at his feet.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 01:07 AM
Ilyena's a powerful caster. And Mercury trashed his favorite bar. He really shoulda seen it coming.

For the record, I am putting "no pulling stuff like that" im the OOC rules once this whole deal is over. And my point was that Mercury was by no definition OP if that wasn't.

celtois
2010-12-05, 01:08 AM
"Trying to keep him alive. That's sweet of you. Did you ever consider how I might feel about that? This man kept me in a prison to be tortured daily for twenty years. Then as soon as I got out tried to kill me." Xavier growls at him. "I'd strongly suggest you let him die. However if you really want I will fight you for the right to his life. Under your terms."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 01:11 AM
"All lives are worth living," Edgar growls and thumbs off the safety on his gun.

celtois
2010-12-05, 01:16 AM
"He considered mine worthless I consider his to be the same." Xavier slowly but surely raises his pistol to match the gun Edgar is holding. "I wouldn't suggest doing that. Since you consider all lives to be worth living. Killing me would be counter productive." Xavier sick of holding the knights unwieldy sword will try and plant it in the knights back.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-05, 01:17 AM
For the record, I am putting "no pulling stuff like that" im the OOC rules once this whole deal is over. And my point was that Mercury was by no definition OP if that wasn't.

Point the first: how, by any stretch of the imagination, is that any different from Mercury hiring Nite to blockade Trog's? I'm sure you could think of some kind of rationalization. But how ON EARTH could you expect to attack two pubs and have no one retaliate? Quite frankly, you should have seen this coming.

Second: Ilyena is very powerful. But overpowered is about attitude more than anything else, and seeing as this is the first time anyone's ever even commented on Ilyena's power level, and he's cast far more powerful spells in Nexus.

Third, just because bringing a gun to a metaphorical knife-fight is your signature move, please don't think you invented it.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 01:20 AM
"He considered mine worthless I consider his to be the same." Xavier slowly but surely raises his pistol to match the gun Edgar is holding. "I wouldn't suggest doing that. Since you consider all lives to be worth living. Killing me would be counter productive." Xavier sick of holding the knights unwieldy sword will try and plant it in the knights back.

Edgar, with his unnerving aim, will try to shoot the sword out of Xavier's hand so that it lands far away.

celtois
2010-12-05, 01:24 AM
The shot will succeed. The sword does indeed go flying away along with chunks of Xaviers fingers. "I will reiterate for you oww." Edgar might watch in... something as Xaviers fingers start to regrow. His response however is much more sudden as he fires his own pistol at the dwarfs shoulder. It's a bullet of pure force, so bullet proof vests and so forth won't stop it. Spells like shield however will.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 01:26 AM
((Dwarf? Edgar is a rat man, go read his character sheet!))
The bullet rips through Edgar's shoulder and his gun goes off again as he flips over and screams at the top of his lungs.
It should be noted that a. his blood is disease ridden and b. his pistol fires five armor piercing rounds at a time and he has no idea which way they're going!

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 01:29 AM
(I saw retaliation coming, but not of this level, and assumed it would be aimed at Mercury. And the difference would be that golems can be countered, and Ilyena can apparently not. But whatever. I'm not enough of a hypocrite to put "no blockading the bar" in the OoC rules, but I will require people to ask permission first from now on.)

Riff-raff watches, planning to take all the losers money.

celtois
2010-12-05, 01:42 AM
(Pfft, reading character sheets. :smallsigh: I hardly every right them. Who has time to read them. :smallwink:)

Xavier grimaces as one, then two bullets pass through his weapon carrying arm. Sending his pistol flying, and shattering his arm.
"Bloody OWW."

Blood isn't a huge problem here. Since Xavier is a little ways away.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 01:45 AM
Edgar grimaces and jabs himself in the arm with what looks like a glowing epipen, then holds one of his meteor necklaces over his arm. He grunts a little as the hole in his shoulder closes.
"My life is especially worth living!"
He grabs his pistol and fires twice more at Xavier.
Ten armor piercing rounds coming from a slug pistol. If those hit, it's gonna hurt.

celtois
2010-12-05, 01:49 AM
Yes.. I imagine they would. However. Being shot has fallen considerably down Xaiver's list of priorities since his arm was fractured. He throws himself too the floor to avoid the bullets using the warning of the rat going for the gun.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 01:52 AM
Edgar hisses after realizing he just ruined a wonderful little wall and spits at Xaviers face.
With disease ridden spit. He WAS a disease cultist at one point.

celtois
2010-12-05, 02:01 AM
Disease.. blech. That's kinda gross. Time for action. Bone has finished regrowing, fingers are back in operation. This rat is going to be sliced and diced.

Xavier seeming to ignore the spittle. Jumps up daggers drawn, leaps at the rat daggers swinging. "Raghhh!"

(Character is OP for characters who are unprepared for fighting him. It's why I don't usually have him fight anyone who isn't pre-warned about him. I'll try and avoid killing your character. But I can't make any promises depends on how angry Edgar makes Xavier.)

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 02:03 AM
Edgar, normally being a pacifist and a coward, holsters his gun an immediately clambers out of the ring, though a bit of his tail might be cut off.

celtois
2010-12-05, 02:08 AM
(You have my apologies. I'm sure they will meet again. Perhaps you can get your revenge somehow. :smallbiggrin:)

*Whiff* *Whiff* *Whiff* Goes the daggers. Xavier is now looking a bit bemused by the rat mans sudden retreat. Glowers at him, as he slowly exits the pit. No more scratched up then before, and starts towards Riff. "Now, for you." It's hard to tell if that's a threat.. or not.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 02:10 AM
I didn't say Edgar left!
He clambers out of the ring, reloads, and runs about the outside edge, firing at Xavier!
(Who may or may not notice that Edgar left one of the healing rocks IN the knight's chest)

celtois
2010-12-05, 02:14 AM
..Cancel my last post then. :smallamused:

Apparently the rat has no honor. Go figure. Rock is not noticed. However Xavier decides this would be a good chance to try out some stuff he hasn't done in a long time.

The first of which is to disappear becoming completely invisible, and slowly but surely working to pick his way out of the pit. Ignoring the bullets that are fired all around him, as he moves towards the wall the rat is standing on.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 02:16 AM
Standing? No, Edgar is running. Pretty fast, too, now that Xavier is invisible. He's leaping over counters, shimmying anything shimmyable and scurrying up walls.

celtois
2010-12-05, 02:18 AM
Still firing a gun? If so Xavier is slowly climbing up the way of the pit. If not well then he is climbing up the wall of the pit anyways.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 02:19 AM
No, he holstered the gun. And he's considering dropping off his tab and exiting.

celtois
2010-12-05, 02:21 AM
xD not so scary now are you rat. :smallwink:

Xavier finds his way to the top of the pit softly landing at the top and begins to creep toward the door, in hopes of catching the rat on his way out.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 02:23 AM
In which case he does right after Edgar drops his tab on the counter.
"Urk!"

celtois
2010-12-05, 02:26 AM
"Well looks like I've got you now." Xavier laughs. "Pfft who am I kidding your hardly interesting enough to even worry about. Just get out of here, or stay and have a drink. What do I care." Xavier wanders back to the bar, and says to Riff the line from earlier "Now for you." and grins wickedly.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 02:27 AM
Edgar leaves, snickering.
After all, he did just leave a healing stone in the knight.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 02:36 AM
"And now for me". Riff-raff says, grinning.

celtois
2010-12-05, 02:40 AM
Xavier has to decide whether to kill him or to kiss him. This being alive thing sucked. All the old sorrows, the toxin clouding his mind... But he was back, life wasn't unending torment.

It was enough he supposed. Riff would live. For now.

Xavier moves in for a big ole smooch. Knowing him I wouldn't put it past him to grind a little while kissing either.

As that happens the healing stone slowly brings the Knight back. His wounds slowly closing. He starts to try and stagger to his feet.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 02:45 AM
Riff-raff smooches back, then notices the knight. The yellow ring on his finger glows, and manacles should bind the knight's arms and legs.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 02:46 AM
What's better is that the stone remains embedded in his chest and charges him with immense arcane power if he doesn't remove it. :smallbiggrin:

celtois
2010-12-05, 02:49 AM
Aww man. Mr. Oath Knight needs a name and all that jazz now. If he's going to be a living character.

Do you want to take him over Techno or should I continue playing him?

Knight is bound up in manacles, and decides staying still is the best idea for know.

Teh smooching continues. Possibly getting more intense now. It's almost like they are trying to make Nell jealous. :smallwink:

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 02:50 AM
Naw, you keep 'im. You invented him.
Anyways, that rock is bound to have some other suitably awesome side effects.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 02:54 AM
Nell is quite annoyed at this, not so much at Riff-raff getting kissed but that he didn't have the decency to invite her. Anyway, this is the point that Riff-raff would try and remove Xavier's shirt, but he doesn't have one.

celtois
2010-12-05, 02:57 AM
Yeah.. I suppose I did. Alright. I'll find a home for mr. Oath among my myrid of other characters. (I have over 100 at this point most are just inactive for ever. :smalltongue:)

Hmm. She's certainly welcome to join in. Xavier might even get around to inviting her. Yeah that does make it hard to remove one, in fact Xavier will pull Nell in towards the pair of them if he can. Inviting her to get involved as she does so choose.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 03:03 AM
Nell does indeed join in and...... Er, lets just say that unless Xavier wishes to stop them, the curtain falls very fast.

celtois
2010-12-05, 03:05 AM
Eh, he probably won't. He's not exactly what he used to be. Courtesy of Magtok his brain in fried and he's basically turned into a creature of the moment with no morals. Long term thinking has been heavily impaired.

Curtain.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-05, 10:47 AM
Rae and (presumably) Emily enter the nightclub and Rae looks around, taking in all of the sights and smells and stuff, before grabbing a menu from somewhere.

They've got Klatchian? Cool!

Lix Lorn
2010-12-05, 10:47 AM
"Wow. I can already feel the hangover." snarks Emily with a slight smile.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-05, 10:51 AM
I can't. Have no idea what one feels like, so...

Rae says, shrugging.

Anyway, Klatchian coffee will clear your head like nobody's business, so it's not for everyone. Perhaps this club should get a wider variety of drinks?

Lix Lorn
2010-12-05, 12:00 PM
"Might help." she agreed.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-05, 01:24 PM
'Tis true.

Rae looks around again, noting the lack of people.

You'd think a nightclub would be more busy on opening day, wouldn't you?

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 02:22 PM
The bartenders don't respond, because they're a little... Let's just say distracted. Sefrine walks over, wearing her black power ring. "Hiya, what'll it be?" The disturbingly happy vampire says.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-05, 02:42 PM
I'll have a cup of Klatchian, if you don't mind.

Rae says, looking her over and taking note of her ring.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-05, 02:45 PM
"And a Euphoria Absinthe for me." puts in Emily.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 02:49 PM
"Okaydokay" Sefrine says, reaching behind the bar and curtained trio to grab the drinks. "So, what are your names."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-05, 02:58 PM
I'm Rae, and the gorgeous girl with me is Emily.

Rae says, flashing her a smile.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-05, 03:01 PM
She blushes, and pokes him gently.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 03:06 PM
"You're from LANTERN, right?" Sefrine says, smiling. "We almost had a drink named after you guys, made you dumb for hours after you drink it."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-05, 03:13 PM
The hell is LANTERN?

Rae asks, genuinely confused. His plotclones are different.

I was the leader of a Blue Lantern corp, if that's what you mean.

He says, before looking at Emily.

You know it's true, what are you poking me for?

Lix Lorn
2010-12-05, 03:16 PM
"...for saying it in public?" she says, still blushing.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 03:27 PM
"Not like everyone can't see that for themselves." Sefrine says, pouring herself a shot of Evil Spirits."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-05, 03:31 PM
Public or private, you blush either way.

Rae says, taking a drink of his coffee, and then looking around the club again.

Huh, this place isn't nearly as impressive when you're sober enough that you can't see the illusions.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-05, 03:36 PM
"Great..." she moans, before drinking a large mouthful of absinthe.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-05, 03:49 PM
Rae takes another drink of his coffee, now sober enough that he actually knows what he's doing, as opposed to his usual ideals of "let's react and see what happens."

You look as stunning as ever, though Emily.

Rae says, standing and offering her his hand.

Care to dance?

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 04:04 PM
The band is playing "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

Lix Lorn
2010-12-05, 04:07 PM
Rae takes another drink of his coffee, now sober enough that he actually knows what he's doing, as opposed to his usual ideals of "let's react and see what happens."

You look as stunning as ever, though Emily.

Rae says, standing and offering her his hand.

Care to dance?
She giggles slightly as the absinthe starts to kick in, and nods.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-05, 04:18 PM
And so Rae will lead her to the dance floor and begin to dance. Quite badly, I may add. He might not have thought this one all the way through.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-05, 04:22 PM
Emily will dance equally badly, possibly worse, while giggling incessantly.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-05, 04:33 PM
Have you ever seen a completely sober man try to dance? It may be worse than one that is smashed dancing. But Rae will continue on until the band decides to play a slow song.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-05, 04:41 PM
Emily, on the other hand, can't dance at all. And has a VERY low alcohol tolerance, and has been drinking absinthe...

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 04:52 PM
Magic absinthe too. the band eventually takes pity on rae and Emily, and starts playing a waltz.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-05, 05:02 PM
A waltz? Well, it's better than nothing. Rae will try to take Emily's hands and guide them to their proper positions, before starting the dance, one he is significantly better at.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-05, 05:15 PM
She follows his lead, but remains abysmal at dancing.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-05, 05:28 PM
Rae smiles down at her, and says, softly.

Stand on my feet, Emily.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-05, 05:32 PM
She keeps giggling, and nods, doing so.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 05:37 PM
Ire walks back in and wolf whistles at Emily and Rae.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 05:47 PM
"Sorry bout the mage. I hate people like that." Sefrine says to Ire, passing him a menu.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 05:48 PM
he orders more soul juice.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-05, 05:49 PM
Rae ignores the whistle, and begins the dance again. He isn't great at waltzing, but he isn't bad either.He may be holding Emily a little closer than is absolutely necessary, but it's not messing with the dancing, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Emily...

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 06:08 PM
Sefrine pours a glass of Evil Spirits and hands it to Ire.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 06:10 PM
Ire tries to kiss Sefrine.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 06:13 PM
(What exactly is Ire?)

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 06:17 PM
A wrath demon. photo here:http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1012/d04/2008/8405598.png

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 06:25 PM
Sefrine kisses back, creating a portal behind herself and trying to pull Ire after her. "Let's get out of here."

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 06:28 PM
"Totally. If a man in a straitjacket comes here tell him I'm occupied." He yells the last bit and jumps through the portal.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 06:32 PM
The moment he steps through the portal it closes behind him, and he will probably find himself in crypt. He may also find manacles appear around his hands and, feet, restricting movement.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 06:36 PM
"What are you doing!" Ire screams. "I'm not into this kind of stuff!"

Lix Lorn
2010-12-05, 06:41 PM
Rae ignores the whistle, and begins the dance again. He isn't great at waltzing, but he isn't bad either.He may be holding Emily a little closer than is absolutely necessary, but it's not messing with the dancing, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Emily...
"Rae..?" she murmurs, a little giggly.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 06:43 PM
"Oh, quite you. Drink this." Offering him a glass of evil spirits, infusing mental control into the last sentence.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 06:44 PM
He drinks it.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-05, 06:46 PM
I... I'm afraid, Emily.

He says softly, stopping the dance.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-05, 06:51 PM
I... I'm afraid, Emily.

He says softly, stopping the dance.
"Aff...afraid of what?" she says, not realising how serious he is due to the alcohol.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 06:52 PM
The drink is spiked,with a toxin that drains willpower and makes it hard to resist mental suggestion. Stay still. Sefrine says, once more using her ability to dominate minds, before attempting to grab Ire by the throat and drain his blood.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 06:56 PM
No blood comes out. Vampire am I right?

Rae Artemi
2010-12-05, 06:58 PM
I'm afraid of me, Emily. I'm afraid of the things I could do, some of the things that I've done, things I haven't done. But mainly I'm afraid because I love you, and I know that one way or another, I'm eventually going to hurt you.

Rae says. Being hypersober sucks some times, it makes you face yourself.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 07:46 PM
No blood comes out. Vampire am I right?

"That's no fun." Sefrine says annoyed. "Oh well. Forget this ever happened. You just had the time of your life, remember? She says, putting her full mental powers behind the suggestion this time, which should be aided by both the magical and mundane properties of the toxin.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 07:51 PM
Forget what? Ire turns his head.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 07:54 PM
Seffrine attempts to take a peek at the general state of his mind and see if her suggestion has taken hold.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 07:58 PM
Ire's mind sings Luxuria here from K-IRE if you get this then you're messing with my boys mind and deserve to die. A band of demons will be here momentarily so hide. Love you!

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 08:08 PM
Did it work though? Either way Sefire tries to give Ire a smooch.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 08:11 PM
that's all Ire's mind says. He can't really dodge the kiss. Is the place warded at all?

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-05, 08:23 PM
It's got wards against being found by enemies or anyone looking to harm Sefrine. Despite being a dancer in a sleazy nightclub, Sefrine is quite powerful. Grinning she tries to playfully shove Ire through a portal that opens up behind him. "Bye-bye! Come again sometime." The portal leads to Inside.

lord pringle
2010-12-05, 08:24 PM
"Gaah!" Ire falls through.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-06, 04:00 AM
I'm afraid of me, Emily. I'm afraid of the things I could do, some of the things that I've done, things I haven't done. But mainly I'm afraid because I love you, and I know that one way or another, I'm eventually going to hurt you.

Rae says. Being hypersober sucks some times, it makes you face yourself.
She giggles slightly, and then the seriousness of the situation penetrates her euphoria.
"Why would you hurt me..?" she says softly.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-06, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't do it on purpose, of course, but there are things that will happen to me that I don't think I can change. I know that at some point, I will be ripped out of this universe, just like all the others. I also know that some day, quite possibly some day soon, I will die, and I may not be able to come back this time.

Rae says, glumly, before smiling down at her.

I also know that spending time with you makes me well and truly happy, but right now, with my head completely clear, I wanted to lay this out for you. I am dangerous. If I were to lose control, I don't know what would happen, all I know is that the last time it happened, I died, but was able to come back. I think that this is my second chance, and I may not get a third.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-06, 02:31 PM
"If something happens to you, I will fix it." she says simply.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-06, 10:08 PM
Rae's smile widens, and he pulls her into a giant hug.

I know that you will, Emily. You're amazing.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-07, 03:34 AM
She hugs back, smiling happily.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 08:57 AM
I am completely and totally in love with you, Emily.

He says softly, holding her tight.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-07, 10:04 AM
She blushes bright red.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 02:55 PM
Of course she does. :smalltongue:

Rae will continue holding her close and begin moving with the beat of the music again.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-07, 03:45 PM
She will, of course, follow his lead, due to her total inability to dance. xD

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 03:59 PM
And eventually the song will end, and Rae will lead her back to their table, smiling happily.

Well, that was fun.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-07, 04:01 PM
She giggles softly, and nods.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 04:41 PM
Rae looks down at their drinks on the table and chugs his Klatchian, before saying.

Y'know, I've never had alcohol before, but if there was any time to try it, it would probably be now, when I'm reverse-drunk and with someone I know I can trust.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-07, 05:06 PM
She giggles.
"I'd recommend it, if you can use magic to block the taste."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 05:14 PM
Where's the fun in that?

Rae says, trying to snatch Emily's drink.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-07, 05:21 PM
She lets him, making a :smallyuk: face.
"Alcohol tastes icky."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 05:27 PM
Well, I can't use magic to block my senses, so I guess I'll have to find out. Bottoms up.

He says, taking a big drink. He puts the cup down, and coughs, also making a :smallyuk: face.

What can I say Emily, when you're right, you're right.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-07, 05:29 PM
She giggles. "Worth it."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 05:50 PM
Y'know, I don't really see what the big deal-

Rae starts, before the magical effects of the drink kick in.

Whoah...

Lix Lorn
2010-12-07, 06:05 PM
"Great, isn't it?" she giggles.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 09:04 PM
The alcohol itself? Not so much. All of the different enchantments and stuff in the drink that I can see and taste? Yeah, those are pretty powerful.

Rae says, smiling, his attention seeming to fade in and out as he talks.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-08, 04:38 AM
She grabs it back and drinks a large gulp.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 10:27 AM
Rae smiles at her.

You know, Emily, if I were to have another cup of Klatchian, I believe that I may be able to see through the enchantments you have on yourself to change your looks. I knowyouaren't as young as you seem, since you looked about the same age as you do now when I met you sixteen years ago. Or do Raelmswalkers' ages work differently?

Lix Lorn
2010-12-08, 01:04 PM
"Nope." she says, shaking her head. "It's not illusion. It's transmutation. Among various other things, on the edgy side of ethics and morality..."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 01:25 PM
Which is why I said it would take another cup, maybe two. I am already seeing through illusions, and even without it, I can usually get a pretty good look at the true nature of things.

Rae says, his eyes glowing blue at the last.

But it isn't really fair for me to try to see what you really look like without you knowing how I really look, so I won't pursue it.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-08, 02:44 PM
"I don't think you could see." she shrugged. "Deities have failed before."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 03:34 PM
And I've done things that deities can't, but, like I said, I'll let it drop, at least until I get a chance to show you what I really am.

Rae says, also shrugging.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-08, 03:48 PM
"I don't mind if you want to try." she shrugs.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-08, 03:52 PM
"Ahem" Says Aliana, and begins to read. "No revealing yourself as a god within the Nightclub, no Exalting within the Nightclub, no DBZ style powering up within the Nightclub, no regurgitating Elder Evils, Old Ones or eldritch abominations within the Nightclub, no summoning demon lords within the Nightclub, no summoning your gd to intervene on your behalf without paying an extra fee within the Nightclub. No cats unless they can pass a test to prove they aren't planning any of the above."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 03:58 PM
I'm not a god, I've just fought them, I'm not sure what Exalting is, I power up quite quickly, once again, not an elder evil or Eldritch abomination, I've just fought them, I'm not a summoner, and I left my cat at home.

Rae says without looking away from Emily.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-08, 04:15 PM
"All good rules." nods Emily. "One thing: I'm chaotic."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-08, 04:17 PM
"Yeah, well, break the rules and the Nightclub is not accountable for what happens."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 04:18 PM
As am I...

Rae says, and for a moment there are two Rae's in the room, one having just entered the door. Only for a moment, though, as the Rae that entered the room fades. The original Rae's right hand becomes significantly paler, but otherwise he doesn't seem to change. He stands up.

Apparently we've been arranged to go on a double date, Emily.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-08, 04:21 PM
She blinks.
"...huh. Knowing me, that... that should not be so weird."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 04:28 PM
You've seen it happen before too. Remember, in the infirmary?

Rae says, going to help her out of her chair like a proper gentleman.

Anyway, we've got to get to Trog's so that I can discuss peace with a vampire, apparently.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-08, 04:36 PM
"Oh. Oh yeah." she said.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 04:47 PM
Yep. This is a pretty odd universe, but it's interesting here.

He says, leading her to the exit.

((To Trog's!))

happyturtle
2010-12-09, 06:06 AM
((Hey TE? You need to edit the title of the first post in this thread to include the [Nexus] tag. :smallsmile:))

celtois
2010-12-10, 01:31 AM
and the curtain rises. It certainly took them long enough. :smalleek:

Xavier is generally once again being his normal obnoxious self.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-10, 11:04 AM
As are Nell and Riff-raff.