PDA

View Full Version : That evil son of a ....

Dalek-K
2010-12-04, 09:16 AM
Tarquin! In the last panel of 763 he looks so soo nonchalant about the whole encounter. But why? He either slipped the ring on Elan when he touched him or another magical item that will help him or another item that he knows Elan won't want to take due to moral/ethics.

The whole dramatic speech distracted the Bard so well that he was able to put something like the RoR on him and he is damn pleased he could pull that off.

Just watch Haley find some bling on Elan :P

Possible?

Dr.Epic
2010-12-04, 09:34 AM
Possible?

No. As much as Tarquin may believe Elan won't kill him either due to Elan not having the nerve to kill his father or because the rules of drama state he won't do it right away the fact is I doubt Tarquin would give up a magical item he could use so a good guy can have it.

Swordpriest
2010-12-04, 09:48 AM
IMO, it's just showing that he's unruffled and in control. Much as he disgusts me, I have to grant that Tarquin is pretty much "heart of oak" -- he's seen it all and done it all by now, and he'd probably confront nearly anything with cool amusement, including, I'm guessing, his own death.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-12-04, 10:34 AM
IMO, it's just showing that he's unruffled and in control. Much as he disgusts me, I have to grant that Tarquin is pretty much "heart of oak" -- he's seen it all and done it all by now, and he'd probably confront nearly anything with cool amusement, including, I'm guessing, his own death.
This. Definitely this. Tarquin seems the type that would require a long, long train of absolute disasters before his behavior begins to let slip that he’s not in control of the situation. He’s pretty unfazeable.

Asta Kask
2010-12-04, 11:00 AM
"Join me, and I will complete your training! With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict, and bring order to the continent."

M.A.D
2010-12-04, 11:05 PM
"Join me, and I will complete your training! With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict, and bring order to the continent."

He never really said anything like that.. In fact, Tarquin welcomed the prospect of having his son defeated him instead of "some random peasant schmuck"

Barlen
2010-12-05, 12:39 AM
You should probably note that the title of the strip is "Plotting Something". The title usually refers to something going on in the last panel of the strip in question.

Eloel
2010-12-05, 01:05 AM
"That evil son of a ... Tarquin!" refers to Nale, as far as I'm concerned. How the last strip ties to Nale, I have no idea.
Yeah, no contribution here.

Gnome Alone
2010-12-05, 02:22 AM
He never really said anything like that.. In fact, Tarquin welcomed the prospect of having his son defeated him instead of "some random peasant schmuck"

Replace "continent" with "galaxy" and picture Tarquin with a different helmet for a moment...

cho_j
2010-12-05, 09:54 PM
"That evil son of a ... Tarquin!" refers to Nale, as far as I'm concerned. How the last strip ties to Nale, I have no idea.
Yeah, no contribution here.

HA! That is PRECISELY what I was thinking! Also, we should start calling people "son of a Tarquin" instead of "son of a female dog." By applying the adjectives good or evil before hand, you get to either call someone a simpleton or an egotistical jerk.

Water-Smurf
2010-12-09, 05:41 PM
I think the only reason Tarquin is so nonchalant is because he's come to terms with the whole situation. He genuinely loves his sons, though he's estranged from Nale and he knows Elan is destined to kill him, and he seems pretty content with life and what he's made of it. He doesn't regret what he's done even though he knows he's going to be overthrown by his son at some point because he's right--just because the heroes succeed in the end doesn't mean he has lost.

B. Dandelion
2010-12-10, 01:49 AM
You should probably note that the title of the strip is "Plotting Something". The title usually refers to something going on in the last panel of the strip in question.

I assumed "Plotting Something" was a pun, given the context. "Plot" as in story, not scheme. Tarquin's dictating a narrative.