PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Gengame II in the Fancomic section

Green-Shirt Q
2010-12-04, 11:53 AM
I noticed that this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174256) was moved into the fancomic section of these forums. Although I have nothing to do with this thread at all, I'm still very curious as to why it was placed in the fancomic forum of all places.

I looked through it, and I am noticing a huge lack of comics in the thread. Let's Play GenGame II also doesn't really seem to fit the guidelines for a fancomic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103774). If it were to be moved anywhere I would guess that it would be moved into the Gaming Section or the Structured Games forums.

Just as a regular reader and contributor to the fancomics section, I was just hoping you'd shed some light on this decision. Thank you in advance. :smallsmile:

Fri
2010-12-04, 12:43 PM
If you strip out the quirks, I guess gengame is basically a choose your own adventure comic, which I do remember there were a couple of it back then, one thing that I can remember is 'the beast' thingy, which sadly I can't remember the exact title. While we're at it, anyone can help me on the title of that awesome but prematurely died thread?

DwarvenExodus
2010-12-04, 12:55 PM
If you strip out the quirks, I guess gengame is basically a choose your own adventure comic, which I do remember there were a couple of it back then, one thing that I can remember is 'the beast' thingy, which sadly I can't remember the exact title. While we're at it, anyone can help me on the title of that awesome but prematurely died thread?

That would be 'The Legend of the Beast'. Awesome comic.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-12-04, 12:58 PM
Yes, that was an awesome comic.

But the difference was is that that was a comic. As in it had pictures. Visual pictures. Making it a comic.

As it stands, Let's Play Gengame II seems to be more along the lines of a game composed mainly entirely of text.

Andraste
2010-12-04, 01:09 PM
There are pictures, they just aren't in the first post. If you actually look through the thread you'll find them. The first post seems to be a summary of the previous thread.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about GenGame, these are just observations from viewing the thread.

BRC
2010-12-04, 01:35 PM
Yes, that was an awesome comic.

But the difference was is that that was a comic. As in it had pictures. Visual pictures. Making it a comic.

As it stands, Let's Play Gengame II seems to be more along the lines of a game composed mainly entirely of text.
It's styled after MS Paint Adventures. If you actually read through the thread a little, you'll see that every actual update comes with at least one image, as well as text. (Domochevsky does great work). It's not a traditional Comic, narration and dialog are done through text, while the main action is shown with images.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-12-04, 03:38 PM
...This is embarassing. :smallredface:

Upon further review on a computer that doesn't suck, I see that there are, in fact, pictures.

Now I see. Never mind, then. My bad.

BRC
2010-12-04, 03:39 PM
...This is embarassing. :smallredface:

Upon further review on a computer that doesn't suck, I see that there are, in fact, pictures.

Now I see. Never mind, then. My bad.
Now you know!
And knowing is half the battle!
(The other half is Violence. Enjoy Gencola)

Roland St. Jude
2010-12-04, 06:26 PM
Sheriff: And thus, peace was restored to the land.