PDA

View Full Version : Help building Fantasy City

Hickaru
2010-12-04, 01:30 PM
Hi, I am long time DM working with a friend to create a large fantasy city. We've been modeling the city after Venice, and drawing inspiration from other fantasy cities, like waterdeep, freeport, and the list go's on. We are trying to keep the city growing at a reasonable pace, and I am wondering if anyone out there would like to help out. ^^, My email is [email protected] let me know if your interested or would like to know more.

Adamantrue
2010-12-04, 01:46 PM
I recommend A Magical Medieval Society: City Guide (http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=55264&filters=0_0_0_44231&free=4) and City Generator (http://citygen.crystalballsoft.com/). Both are free, and are great starting points.

Any additional ideas on specifics, I honestly don't have too much free time.

Hickaru
2010-12-04, 01:56 PM
thanks dude, but were trying to shoot more for specifics, from quests, to people, to inns ect... we want other people in the project so that we can have a more all around feel to the city.

Tamouri
2010-12-04, 02:07 PM
We're looking more for people to help us build taverns, quests, and the overall gaming experience. We already have the city and maps built and set up a wiki to chronicle our data. So we'd like for skilled DM's or writers to contact us and we'll give you access to our wiki (limited of course) to help do some work. This is however a request any work would be voluntary.

agentnone
2010-12-05, 04:57 AM
Sounds like an interesting project. I'd be willing be help. Got a few ideas I have yet to use, as well as some things I've already used and seen used before. Though my ideas stretch much farther than just tavern names. lol Though I still have quite a few things in mind.

Hickaru
2010-12-05, 12:46 PM
agentnone, thanks dude. My email will allow you to add me to your contacts. I am the Dan Roberts one :: P I am glad you have more than tavern names. The only reason I mentioned that is we have an idea that the tavern is the center of the game for most PC's. So we want every tavern in the city to be detailed an unique. Sounds like its going to be a pleasure to work with you. ^^

fimzo
2010-12-05, 01:23 PM
I could give some help. I don't have time to get too immersed, but I could help create some parts of the city.