PDA

View Full Version : How much would this cost? (3.5)

Dusk Eclipse
2010-12-04, 04:20 PM
For a the two-weapon fighting gish I am building I decided to go with Twin Daos (exotic weapon fro d20 Avatar, yes the same as Zuko) cause I believe they are worthy of their status as Exotic weapon.

First of all they got a decent chassis 1d8 Slashing 18-20 x 2 and are one handed weapons (therefore I can power attack with them); but they count as light weapons for the the purposes of TWF penalties, which by my readings means that while I only have a -2/-2 penalties when I dual wield them, I can still power attack (with a 1:1 ratio sadly). And to cherry top them I can use my full str bonus even when striking with the offhand.

The fluff says that the pair of them can fit into a scabbard meant for one weapon, and I immediately though, hey that means that I could only have one Scabbard of Keen edges and have it affect both my weapons. Sadly after checking it.. it acts as the keen edge spell which only affects one weapon.

Then I remembered that one could make metamagic-ed items, so I thought why not adding chain spell effect, so I can use the scabbard with both my swords at the same time. Problem is that I don't know how much would that increase the price. So any ideas?

td:lr I want to price a Scabbard of keen edges that affects two weapons at once, how much would that cost in your opinio?

Siosilvar
2010-12-04, 04:33 PM
Scabbard of Keen Edges base price: 16000gp

3/day CL5 Keen Edge item price: 16200gp

3/day CL11 Chain Keen Edge item price: 71280gp

That would affect 12 weapons total.

Alternate pricing: Double the cost to double the affected weapons. 32000gp for two.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-12-04, 04:35 PM
Wait is chain spell a +3 metamagic? damn the increased CL increases the price too much. (this is for a level 10 character)

I am beginning to think an eternal wand of keen edge might be better.....

Thanks

Flickerdart
2010-12-04, 04:38 PM
Just take Improved Critical with the weapons, and you can use as many of them as you want and they'll all have the increased range. Or make the pair keen. Either way works.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-12-04, 04:40 PM
The build I have in mind is extremely feat starved so improved critical isn't a possibility, making them both keen would mean not having my +1 bloodstone Dao and the +1 dao.

Also I didn't think about it at first :hangsheadinshame:

Anxe
2010-12-04, 06:01 PM
It would make sense if the price of the original Scabbard was simply doubled and then it would affect two weapons. However this assumes that the price of the original Scabbard is a balanced price. I've thought of it as overpriced in the past.

Corwin_of_Amber
2010-12-04, 06:18 PM
Well, I don't know who Zuko is, but your DM should waive the price on the basis of "this sounds cool."

Perhaps work with your DM to see if you can split the duration of the effect between 2 weapons, 5min/level rather than 10min/level, with each charge. TWF is only better than THF if you have precision damage, so making you pay double is really detrimental.

Also, for extra coolness try Warblade for the Blood in the Water stance that gives you stacking +1 to hit and damage everytime you confirm a crit.