PDA

View Full Version : Dead Fantasy

Lord_Gareth
2010-12-05, 03:24 AM
The playground should be ashamed at not having a thread for this. Here's the link to the creator's channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/montyoum#p/u/6/SIy5Q3EB6ec).

Anyone else seen the raw awesome?

endoperez
2010-12-05, 03:52 AM
So, it's an animation where a bunch of barely-dressed females fight? No story that I could see.

The animating was decent, but not good enough to make me interested in watching the whole thing.

Lord_Gareth
2010-12-05, 03:53 AM
Hold out, my friend. Plot appears in the third one.

Yora
2010-12-05, 06:40 AM
I've seen it a long time ago. But it was rather pointless and boring.

Mathis
2010-12-05, 06:55 AM
Boring is the word. Very repetitive. I am however, not a fan of these games or the characters he's pulled into the movie, so perhaps someone who played and enjoyed their FFs will enjoy it more than myself. I have to give praise to the creator for his skill in creating combat scenes though, they flowed incredibly well. I think he may have a future in coordinating these things in professional works later on.

Vonotar
2010-12-05, 07:11 AM
I think it has been animated well but as a whole I wasn't taken with it. Made it to the third part and really didn't feel like continuing at all.

Prime32
2010-12-05, 07:39 AM
I think he may have a future in coordinating these things in professional works later on.He's also the creator of Haloid.

And he was hired to do it in the last season of Red vs Blue.

CorrTerek
2010-12-05, 07:50 AM
The fifth video is easily the best one so far. The first two videos were made before Monty Oum had worked out an actual plot for the series, I think, and so they're basically just one big fight.

I personally think that 4 and 5 have more plot than 3 -- might be worth giving either of them a look before saying it's boring/repetitive.

Also, Monty pretty much taught himself how to do all that animation from what I understand, as well as doing all the modeling himself. So not only is he an excellent fight choreographer, he's a skilled animator and modeler. From that standpoint alone the Dead Fantasy series is very impressive.

shadowxknight
2010-12-05, 08:07 AM
I remember watching the "Gee" music video he made.
The series is decently interesting and when watched on HD can have numerous "OooAaa" moments.

Zeful
2010-12-05, 08:33 AM
The playground should be ashamed at not having a thread for this. Here's the link to the creator's channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/montyoum#p/u/6/SIy5Q3EB6ec).

Anyone else seen the raw awesome?

Because he hasn't put out anything but small teaser clips for the last 6 months/year.

Tichrondrius
2010-12-05, 06:30 PM
I really enjoyed Haloid but I couldn't get through watching Dead Fantasy.

John Cribati
2010-12-05, 06:47 PM
Wow. I did not expect the playground to be this negative about it. I think it's pretty good as an action series, but is the epitome of awesome if you suspend disbelief and stop asking questions.

MrTytronico
2010-12-05, 07:10 PM
Needs more Wizard

Starbuck_II
2010-12-05, 08:00 PM
I liked Dead Fantasy series, but I felt he over valued Tifa. A little favortism.

If it were a D&D session: she was a PC so DM goes easy on her, but outside of metagame I can't see her doing so well (especially last one with ninjas).

Prime32
2010-12-05, 08:03 PM
I liked Dead Fantasy series, but I felt he over valued Tifa. A little favortism.

If it were a D&D session: she was a PC so DM goes easy on her, but outside of metagame I can't see her doing so well (especially last one with ninjas).Tifa was only so powerful because she was carrying dozens of materia. Without them she's not so tough. And those ninjas were mooks.

John Cribati
2010-12-05, 08:59 PM
Besides that, each Materia you have decreases your HP by a certain amount, so when she lost them, she regained a ton of HP.

I think that's how it worked...

Starbuck_II
2010-12-05, 09:08 PM
Besides that, each Materia you have decreases your HP by a certain amount, so when she lost them, she regained a ton of HP.

I think that's how it worked...

Only spellcasting materia did that.
There was bonus hp materia as well.

Forum Explorer
2010-12-05, 10:19 PM
The Tifa part was pretty strange. I mean I like that character but she was ridicoulous. On the other hand until she arrived the other team had a +1 advantage in numbers.

I am really curious to see where the plots going and I also can barely understand what's going on. I was kinda upset when that girl from Kingdom hearts appeared, I mean there were still so many FF choices and he went with her? :smallconfused: