PDA

View Full Version : Check this out? Halfing of doom

ambientsneaks
2010-12-05, 01:41 PM
This is a Halfing barbarian...

Books used, PHB1, PHB2, Frostburn

Fighter1 Feat:Weapon Finesse, toughness
Fighter1/barbarian1 Skills: begin gaining skills for Primeval PrC (Frostburn)
Fighter1/barbarian2 Feat: Endurance
Fighter1/barbarian3 Skills continue getting that know nature (Attribute point to dexterity)
Fighter1/barbarian4 Skills: ''
Fighter1/barbarian5 Feat: Self Sufficiant
Fighter1/barbarian6
Fighter1/barbarian7 Attribute point to strength
Fighter1/barbarian7/Primeval1 Class Abilities to note*: Primeval form 1/day (Picked as dire weasel - less then 8hd and its a medium creature)
Fighter2/barbarian7/Primeval1 Feat: Weapon Focus (Bite)
Fighter3/barbarian7/Primeval1 Feat: Improved natural attack (bite)
Fighter4/barbarian7/Primeval1 Feat: Weapon Specialization (bite) (Attribute point to dex)
Fighter4/barbarian7/Primeval2 Class abilties to note*: Regression 1 (+1 Strength +1 Dex +1 Con -1 int +1 Wis -1 Charisma)
Fighter4/barbarian7/Primeval3 Class abiltieis to note*: feral power (+2 Str +2 Dex +2 Con +2 Natural armor)
Fighter4/Barbarian7/Primeval4 Feat: Melee weapon mastery(Slash peirce or Bludg)

and you continue taking primeval till you hit level 9 primeval and level 20, level 18 Feats you take another melee weapon mastery this all gives you 1d8+17 Damage on a bite, and a halfing that is very scary, Max BAB, And dose 1d4 con damage, cant be caught flat footed, or Flanked because of improved uncanny dodge, and dosnt go ffted when its latched to an oponent, ontop it has Rage too..soo....<.<

And as you continue, your stats increase as above the starting attributes are for a 32 point buy
Halfing
Str: 16 - 14
Dex: 15 - 17
Con: 16 - 16
Int: 11 - 11
Wis: 8 - 8
Cha: 9 - 9

Fighter 4/Barb 7/Primeval 9
BAB:20/15/10/5
Saves: 25/13/7
HP:253 HP

Stats:
Str: 24 +7 (+1 Att)
Dex: 24 +7 (+2 att)
Con: 24 +7 (+1 att)
Int: 8 -1
Wis: 12 +1 (+1 Att)
Cha: 6 -2

Dire Form
Stats:
Str: 28 +9
Dex: 32 +11
Con: 24 +7
Int: 8
Wis: 12 (+1 Att)
Cha: 6

Dire Form + Rage
Stats:
Str: 32 +11
Dex: 32 +11
Con: 28 +9
Int: 8
Wis: 12 +1
Cha: 6

Bite(DF+R): 36/31/26/21 1d8+17

Latch: 1d4 con damage a round grappling after first round
Dire Weasel
str 14 dex 19 con 10 Natural armor 2
+4 Str +8 Dex + 0 con
Rage
+4 Str +0 Dex +4 Con

Yora
2010-12-05, 01:45 PM
Yes?
What's the question?

tyckspoon
2010-12-05, 02:04 PM
Your biggest flaw is that you don't get iterative attacks with natural weapons. So, as a Dire Weasel, your attack routine is: Bite +36. That is.. incredibly underwhelming for a level 20 build. I suggest putting Improved Unarmed Strike in there, to give you something that actually uses your full BAB and gives you more benefit from your high Strength. (I imagine this would be achieved by basically flailing your body against your victim once attached, which is a pretty hilarious visual. Like being beat to death with a furry sausage.)

Your hoped-for schtick removes your armor and items (Polymorph into a mostly-incompatible shape) and your Dex bonus (Attach). And you're doing a melee build. You're going to be sucking up lots of damage- I hope you have a good healer nearby, because I wouldn't be surprised if you were risking death almost every time you dropped out of Primeval Form/Rage. (Uncanny Dodge will not help with the drawback of Attach. You're not getting caught flat-footed or otherwise struck unaware- you just lose your Dex mod, the same as you would if you were grappled or immobilized.)

Darrin
2010-12-05, 02:04 PM
My first thought when I saw the thread title was "Cool... does he have nine fingers?"

As for Primeval... hmm. The bite damage isn't all that impressive after first glance. As a natural attack, it can only be used once per round, while a fighter or barbarian of similar level has multiple iterative attacks and get Power Attack multipliers on all of them to boost his damage.

The primeval form is a bit limited, too... the duration is in minutes instead of hours, and there aren't enough uses per day to make up for it. I can see how this would be a great 1-level dip for a wildshape ranger (who can use his wildshape uses + duration to get into his primeval form), but the three useless feats, BAB requirement, and loss of caster level make it unsuitable for anything else.