PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Last Moon Medical Center I

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 02:13 PM
Last Moon Medical Center

Any operation, any time, no questions asked.

A gleaming white half-dome with an image of a green moon on the side, the Last Moon Medical Center hovers over Nexus, its army of EDDs (emergency doctor dudes, invented by a skater-wannabe, look eerily like white daleks) and paramedics at the ready. Any time someone gets hurt, the hospital is already on its way, with hover-vans ready for multiple dispatches. The hospital has been recently renovated due to a MASSIVELY generous donation made in the name of 'John Bushranger'. As such, several new wings has signs with his name across the entrance.

Anyone can get medical attention here for relatively low cost, because every life is worth living! The only require for someone to work here is:
1.Can't be EVIL! Neutral and good are fine.
2.Must be clean. No dirt, no drugs, no alcohol!
3.Must have skills required for their position.

The Medical Center can be reached any time, just call and a van will be sent, or find your way under it and ask for a grav-lift. If higher technology is not compatible with your life-form, magical systems of transportation are available!

OOC Rules
NO GODMODDING unless it's of NPCs that other people don't already control.
Please alert us in the OOC thread for Nexus before attacking.
As well as the usual crap.

ICC Rules
As said above and always, no godmodding.
Please no alcohol or drugs.
Any violence will be met with ten times as much violence.
No bringing the law here! Some patients have criminal records!

NPCs:
NPCs wear the white hooded cloak uniform with the sea green lining and thin underarmor.
The EDDs. Semi-transparent white dalek-like robots that can perform minor surgery, carry supplies, and emit a stasis field.
Various Surgeons and Doctors
Meagan, the minotaur in head of security. Has a tattoo of Trogdor on her arm. Is often bored, and very competitive. Known for crushing people who threaten patients flat.
Mote, the halfling greeter and desk jockey. Cheerful, but misanthropic at times.

A WARNING TO WOULD-BE ATTACKERS
This hospital has multiple built in defense systems and is run by a series of ex-soldiers, psychos preparing for the zombie apocalypse, and used-to-be-death-cultists. So attacking, no a good idea. Or a healthy one.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 02:19 PM
Edgar is around somewhere, prolly waiting for a call or chatting it up with Meagan.

McBish
2010-12-05, 03:43 PM
A old man approaches the floating hospital looking around. He carries a large knapsack over one of his shoulders and he looks around hoping to get a lift up to the hospital.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 03:46 PM
The man will find several small gray spheres with walkie-talkies attached to them floating about. They have the hospital's symbol on them, and signs that say 'ring for dispatch'.

McBish
2010-12-05, 03:49 PM
The man picks them up one of the walkies looking it over for a bit and then calling up.

Hello there, anyone on the other end of this?

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 03:51 PM
"Yessir," a perky voice comes from the other side, "What is the nature of your visit to the Last Moon Medical Center?"

McBish
2010-12-05, 03:54 PM
Well I heard this hospital was looking for some surgeons. I just happen to be one, and am looking for work.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 03:55 PM
"Excellent!" the voice sounds almost robotic at this point, "What is your preferred mode of transport?"

McBish
2010-12-05, 04:00 PM
I am fine with whatever you got.

The man shifts his bag looking up at the floating hospital with curiosity. This is unlike any other place he has worked before.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 04:02 PM
The man will find himself surrounded by robots that spin faster and faster around him until he finds himself...
At the hospital's front desk.
(that is, if he allows it)
A halfling man in a white hooded cloak and battle armor will be looking at him from the front desk.
"'Lo!"

McBish
2010-12-05, 04:10 PM
The man is a bit surprised to be teleported up. He nods to the armored halfling. Hello there, I'm Noah Bryant, surgeon.

He steps forward offering his hand.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 04:14 PM
The halfling chuckles and takes his hand, leading him to what appears to be a large scanner of some sort. Like an MRI machine on its side.
"Nice to meet ya! I'm Mote, the greeter for this shift. I trust the teleportation had no negative side effects?"

McBish
2010-12-05, 04:20 PM
None that I have noticed. So, you guys seem to have a pretty fancy set up here.

The man says looking over the scanner.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 04:25 PM
"A-yep!" Mote grins and directs Noah to the scanner, "Someone recently donated a LOT of money, so we've been able to spruce it up a bit. Used to just be a van with medical tools."

McBish
2010-12-05, 04:33 PM
Nice. So what is for that scanner here for?

He says looking at the machine curiously.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 04:36 PM
"Checks your thoughts and medical condition. Not that I don't trust you, ya seem nice enough, but hey, rules!" Mote will prod Noah until he gets into the scanner.

McBish
2010-12-05, 04:42 PM
Noah frowns a bit but then drops his bag on the ground and goes to walk through the scanner.

It should show that he is a perfectly healthy man in his late 50's, a bit of joint damage in his knees and feet but nothing to serious.

His thoughts are more then a little suspicious of this machine, but confidant that he is going to get a job here.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 04:47 PM
Mote smiles and lets Noah out of the scanner, marking something down on a datapad.
"Well, you check out on the bio-scanner! Do you have anything to declare before we put you through the next one? Guns, knives, etc. You won't get in trouble."

McBish
2010-12-05, 04:53 PM
Yeah I have a few daggers, and my surgical equipment. Other then that it is all just personal effects.

He says going over and picking up his bag and pulling out his medical tools showing them to the halfling. They look old and well used. He also opens up his vest showing his couple of daggers.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 04:59 PM
"Alright. You can hold on to them, the bio-scanner already picked them up. Sorry for lying to you about that," Mote grimaces, "But it's more effective at keeping the baddies out. Weapons are allowed due to the tendency of hospitals to get a'sploded in this place. Head on in to see Mrs. Pin and get interviewed," Mote points to an OMINOUS DOOOOORRR!!!

McBish
2010-12-05, 05:03 PM
Thanks, nice to meet you.

He heads on through the door looking around for an office of Mrs. Pin.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 05:07 PM
Going through the door, he finds...a table. Just an empty table with a questionaire on it.
Strange.
The questions:
Why do you wish to work here?
Where in Nexus do you reside?
Do you have any previous infractions with the local law enforcement? If so, please write them down in the space provided.
What shifts can you work?
What sort of pay are you expecting.

It's a very...informal questionaire for one of its type.

McBish
2010-12-05, 05:10 PM
Noah sits down to fill it out.

Why do you wish to work here?
I have the skills to help the injuried and sick and need a place to practice them.
Where in Nexus do you reside?
Small apartment Inside. Address provided.
Do you have any previous infractions with the local law enforcement? If so, please write them down in the space provided.
No
What shifts can you work?
Any
What sort of pay are you expecting.
Enough to get by.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 05:13 PM
When the sheet is filled out, it simply disappears, replaced by one of the hooded uniforms and a case full of medical equipment and strange meteorites wrapped in green flame on silvery chains.
Mote peers in the room, grinning.
"Welcome to your new job, Mr. Bryant!"

McBish
2010-12-05, 05:19 PM
Thank you. He says standing up and looking over the new equipment and the uniform.

Never been a big fan of uniforms.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 05:20 PM
"You don't really need to wear it," Mote tilts his head a bit and steps into the room, "But in Nexus, people seem to shoot at everyone BUT the medics, so most of us like to at least wear the armor."

McBish
2010-12-05, 05:27 PM
Yeah I guess that makes since. So just to let you know I have done mostly trauma surgery, a lot of it.

Also do you have one of those doohikieys that will let you call me if you need me.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 05:31 PM
"Yeah, well, most of the work here is trauma or ER. People don't want to risk it with a hospital that ignores the whole good or evil thing when they're just sick. And yeah, we got variable-wave communicators, and magic mouths for when the tech goes bad," Mote digs around in a drawer that wasn't there two seconds ago (?) and tosses a coin with a mouth on it and a small grey sphere with a moon on it. The sphere looks like it can be opened.

McBish
2010-12-05, 06:02 PM
Noah catches the items and looks them over, tucking away the coin and working on opening up the sphere. Seems like he isn't all that familiar with a lot of this technology.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 06:09 PM
The sphere opens up when Noah's finger presses against a certain indentation, revealing that it's a hella lot bigger on the inside than on the outside. There are multiple dials. knobs, and switches, as well as a few speakers and tv screens.

McBish
2010-12-05, 06:13 PM
You youngsters and your gadgets. So you can call me if you need me? I would need a ride if it was a real emergency, wouldn't work well for me to walk here while someone is waiting on the table.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 06:15 PM
Mote grins, "That big red button in the middle that says 'home'? It teleports you here. You just come on in whenever, we've got enough volunteers for you to work any shift you want."

McBish
2010-12-05, 06:18 PM
Sounds good, but don't be afraid to give me a call if you need a surgeon.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 06:20 PM
"Trust me," Mote says knowingly, "We won't be afraid. All I can say is, get some sleep while you can, cause crap happens here ALL THE TIME."

McBish
2010-12-05, 06:25 PM
Yeah I know how that is. I got most of my training in a field hospital during the wars, I've had plenty of practice in handling high traffic ORs. Noah smiles and tucks away the orb.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 06:27 PM
"That's just perfect, then! Everyone here has some sort of previous military training. Meagan used to bust tanks with her fists!" the halfling nods.

McBish
2010-12-05, 06:33 PM
Don't get me wrong, despite my rank I was never really a military man. To many regulations for my liking. I focused on saving lives, not winning wars. He grins shrugging a bit. The whole thing about breaking tanks with fists doesn't seem to impress him too much.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 08:03 PM
"Yeah, a lot of us here have the same story. 'Cept Tink, she was never against all the fightin'. In fact, some say she patches people us just so she can shoot 'em!" Mote shivers at the thought of Tink.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 08:12 PM
ALERT!
THERE IS NEWS OF AN IMMANENT BATTLE BETWEEN AMEN AND LANTERN. ALL SURGEONS PREPARE FOR ACTIVE DUTY. ALL PILOTS PREPARE FOR COMBAT ZONE PICKUPS! ANSWER ANY AND ALL DISTRESS SIGNALS!
And the hospital center is on its merry way to the LANTERN HQ!

McBish
2010-12-05, 08:22 PM
Looks like I should stick around, so where is the OR, and where should I scrub in?

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 08:25 PM
"We've got little dispatch stations all over the outside hull," Mote doesn't seem the least bit worried, "And the ER ring is one deck up. If you wanna head out in the vans, the stations are the way to go."

McBish
2010-12-05, 08:32 PM
Right then, I can head to station. Do we know much about the situation we are heading into?

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 08:35 PM
"Well, AMEN is apparently making a jump at LANTERN's HQ, bullets are gonna fly, and if we don't do our job, the necromancers are gonna have a hey-day!" Mote is making excited hand gestures as he slips into a pint-sized power suit.
"My suggestion? Find something big and get in it. Or someone big and behind them. Either way, it's a nice shield."

McBish
2010-12-05, 08:44 PM
I'll be ready to receive patients. I actually think it would be better for me to stay behind. He says heading up to the ER.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 08:46 PM
"You got it! I'll send 'em your way once I stabilize them!" Mote continues suiting up. It's obvious he expects to get hit by something big.

McBish
2010-12-05, 08:50 PM
Noah makes his way to the ER getting all set.

Darkcomet
2010-12-05, 09:33 PM
An transmission is sent to the medical center from an unknown source. It's contents are very simple, and are as follows:

AMEN: The Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious

AMEN is a self-professed evil group that aims to conquer the Nexus. Led by a draconic individual known as Gordon, AMEN is responsible for a number of malicious and often unforgivable acts.

-Assaulting Inside's Docks
-Razing a Soup Kitchen
-Mass Mind Control
-Working with World-Destroyers

These are but a few of their deeds, and we sincerely hope you reconsider your neutrality policy when dealing with them.

Wonder where that could be from.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-05, 09:38 PM
NOT FOR AMEN MEMBERS

Ever heard of ransoming criminals to the police? Or 'surgical accidents'? Every life is worth living, though some have lived for far too long.

Darkcomet
2010-12-05, 09:40 PM
There is no reply, though what this indicates is uncertain.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-06, 12:53 PM
Somewhere in the Last Moon Medical Center lies a winged creature with strange transparent wings and clothes from a time that lies both in the past and in the future of the denizens of the Nexus.
It's eyes open and a yell escapes it's inhuman lips as it jolts into a sitting position as if to be ready to attack the nearest living thing it sees

"Golem! Ow!!"

Lewis winches in pain as his bandaged wounds protest to the sudden movement

"Where am I?"

The pixie lets his solid green eyes catch in the room in which he finds himself, a room which the hammy narrator has no idea what looks like and as such will leave to TechnoScrabble (:smalltongue:)

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-06, 02:47 PM
((Sorry, still working on map and room descriptions))
In all likelyhood, the pixie has been moved from ER to the active surgery wing, where surgery that isn't immediately life threatening is performed.
The rooms in this wing have creamy white walls with blue stripes running horizontally along the top, bottom, and middle. There aren't any beds, but there are air cushions and various other devices meant for keeping the patients and their sheets balance in mid-air.
Due to the nature of his injuries, Lewis will probably have stitches and embedded healing charms, as well as fused flesh and bone and staples. Tubes carrying vital fluids in and out of his body have been removed in this hospital, as teleportation makes it easier and safer to deliver said fluids. Lewis may still feel the tingling biofoam causes.
An EDD is standing by for orders.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-06, 03:52 PM
Lewis groggily looks at the EDD

"Hi! Where am I?"
He looks down at the ground below the air bed

"And why don't I have an invisible bed at my place?"

This last question conveniently ignores that he arrived less than two days earlier without sleeping until he was knocked out.

How convenient.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-06, 03:54 PM
The EDD shudders and clicks as it turns itself on to respond to Lewis.
"Good day, patient..."
It stops, as if waiting for a reply or a name.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-06, 04:10 PM
Lewis looks fascinated at the EDD

"Almost looks like a Dalek"

Then figuring that it probably wants him to reply with his name or something he waves and speak

"Hullo. My name's Leòdhas Wyllt, but I go by Lewis in these days not of yore"

Shaking his head he speaks out to nobody in particular

"And it seems getting blown to the Tangerine Skies makes me forget what time I'm flowing through, groovy."

*He isn't breaking the fourth wall here, Doctor Who is exactly the same in his world.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-06, 04:16 PM
The EDD emits a cheery beep.
"Good day, Lewis. You are in the Last Moon Medical Facility. You were injured during the firefight at Trog's Tavern. You have suffered <insert whatever injuries here>, but you are stable and have a 99.823 percent chance of survival.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-06, 04:32 PM
Lewis looks around as the EDD tell him where he is

"Wow, how did you make all this stuff? How does it work? How..."

He continues with questions about the place while he deadtimes

(Feel free to explain it to him, I will read every post since this one anyway when I get back from school tomorrow :smalltongue:)

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-06, 04:44 PM
"It's a simple combination of mid-power spells and amazing technological advances. The very hospital you are in is currently flying. The 'bed', is merely an air cushion generated by the fans you see in the ceiling. <yada yada explanation>."
The EDD seems to grin.
Without a mouth.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-07, 03:08 PM
"Far out, this place is sure a lot more advanced than groovy old earth"

The pixie looks at the fans and almost falls off the air cushion trying to see how they work.

"So... When can I get down from here?"

-He asks the EDD, smiling back at it.

Then wondering how he knew it was smiling.

For two seconds, pixies really don't care much for logic.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 03:13 PM
"Doctor Daniels said not to let you walk on your own, but your patient files clearly state you are allowed out and about on a wheel chair if you avoid strenuous activities. There are also some small legal matters concerning patient/doctor confidentiality and allowing the surgeons to perform the three further operations required."
A few lights pop up here and there beneath the semi-transparent casing of the EDD and it rolls up to Lewis with a sheet of paper covered in legal-ese.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-07, 04:05 PM
"What if I flied?"

-Lewis replies jokingly as he looks carefully through the legal papers, he learnt it was a good idea when he accidentally got sold off as a slave for not reading the fine print. Took him two weeks and a sword-fight to get free.

"Seems pretty standard, but what's this biofoam and this pse-pzii-medicine stuff?"

He points at a particularly long and complicate scientific name for a healing elixir that really doesn't need anything but 'magic healing potion' as description yet medical experts insist on a name nobody can remember or pronounce.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 04:15 PM
A chuckling noise comes from inside the EDD (I think someone tried too hard to make them likeable!).
"Biofoam is merely a foaming solution meant to stabilize the patient. It works on all blood types, and contains no rejectable active ingredients, so it's become a universal fix all for people on the go. It's nowhere near a permanent fix, unfortunately, so we had to do a bit of stitching. The 'medicine stuff', as you called it, speeds up your healing process and lowers heart rate to induce sleep. We also used a few healing charms and a Skavid life-stone. Those are the bumps beneath your skin. The great thing about life-stones is that they continue to infuse you with arcane power over the next century before they need to be held near their original power source again!"

Mina Kobold
2010-12-07, 04:45 PM
"Arcane? I think I know some of that stuff"

Lewis rolls up his sleeves and begin making gestures in the air

"Flim flam flom, dibbety boo!"

-He chants as a child singing their favourite song and points at the EDD which might begin feeling... the hiccoughs? That's odd, robots shouldn't be able to hiccough.

EDIT: Deadtime. Sorry, need napsy.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 04:55 PM
The EDD does the robot equivalent of a hiccough, shuddering and clicking.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-08, 12:51 PM
Lewis is dumbfounded that his spell actually working.

"I've lived for longer than the America and yet I have never seen a hiccoughing Dalek before, psychedelic"

He waves his hand shortly and snaps his fingers which apparently seem to be the counter-spell to the hiccoughs and hands over the papers to the EDD.

"I hope they're filled out squarely, misters...?"

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 02:22 PM
"I'm just your assigned EDD unit. Call EDD while in the hospital and I'll come," the EDD extends a small, flexible arm and feeds the papers into a scanner. Several lights flare up from inside, and the robot looks rather festive.
"Good news! Everything checks out!"

Mina Kobold
2010-12-08, 04:23 PM
"Groovy, Ediddi!"

Lewis sees to have gotten a habit of giving people odd nicknames, what have we unleashed upon the Nexus!

When the EDD gives him the good news he shouts-

"Hurrah!"

And promptly clutch his side as the strain makes his wounds hurt.

"Ow"

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 04:26 PM
The EDD literally flies forward and jabs Lewis in the arm with painkillers.
"The earlier batch should not have worn off so quickly...Do you have any pre-existing conditions? We couldn't get your medical records due to your lack of ID."

Mina Kobold
2010-12-08, 04:41 PM
"Conditions? Well I have been cursed, had the flu, been transformed into a fish, mind-controlled, poisoned a couple of times and broken bones quite a few times"

He stops to think for a second

"But nothing permanent except for my own pixie magic, maybe it's that?"

Then, after only just enough time for the EDD to answer him, he passes out from the painkillers and deadtimes.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 04:45 PM
"Oh, wonderful. DOCTOR ON ACTIVE SURGERY DECK!"

Mina Kobold
2010-12-09, 12:40 PM
Lewis is back from deadtiming.

But he's still sleeping, how boring.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-09, 03:37 PM
((Unless you're running them, he may notice that doctors are fixing the stitches that popped when he fell and inserting painkiller 'tablets'. They sit in your veins and slowly dissolve.))

Mina Kobold
2010-12-09, 03:43 PM
((It's fine, I wouldn't know what to do with them anyway :smallsmile:))

Lewis open one green, glowing eye and look at the doctors as if it was nothing more than small-talk at the breakfast-table.

"Peace, how long until I can get that wheelchair thing, granolas?"

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-09, 03:45 PM
The doctor looks down at him and shakes his head.
"Soon as we get this last stitch in, so stay still, dammit! You should have called for the wheelchair before you stood up!""

Mina Kobold
2010-12-10, 11:37 AM
"Soree, this place is just so interesting!"

Lewis patiently awaits the last stitch while whistling a melody.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-10, 03:16 PM
The doctor carefully aims the suture gun and pulls the trigger. Will a dull *thwup* and a slight pressure, the last stitch is in.
"Alright, now. Try not to fall down this time. We've inserted some micro-tablets full of painkillers that should keep you from feeling much of anything for about a week. Be careful."
A motorized wheelchair is rolled up to Lewis's side.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-10, 03:34 PM
"Last time I had painkillers I was loopy for two hours in a row"

Lewis climbs carefully into the wheelchair and tries to steer it, this he does not so carefully as pressing buttons at random is a well accepted detective method among pixies

"Not that it's much different but watch out for invisible purple mushrooms and dancing goblins the next day or so"

All this is said just as small-talky as everything else Lewis has been saying since he woke up, kinda weird that way isn't he?

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-10, 03:41 PM
The doctors whisper something to the EDD and back away slowly, smiling all the way, as if Lewis shouldn't be touched.
"How much did you give him?"

Mina Kobold
2010-12-10, 03:50 PM
"It wasn't that much, I just figured I should warn you"

Lewis smiles back, then begin looking at the ceiling

"nice elephant"

Indeed, there is a miniature elephant standing on the ceiling, it tips it's bowler at the doctor.

If they knew Lewis they would probably know that he was playing it up for laughs.

(Un)Fortunately they don't know him.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-10, 03:55 PM
One of the surgeons just stares at the ceiling, while the other tries to poke the elephant down while calling for a nurse.
"This is was happens when you start a hospital in Nexus..."

Mina Kobold
2010-12-10, 04:06 PM
The elephant hoots, yes hoots, at the surgeons and reacts a little delayed to their poking by moving a bit back and turning dark green

"Hoot!"

Lewis meanwhile, is still pushing buttons on the wheelchair to see what they do.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-10, 04:09 PM
The buttons are simply marked. There is a forward, backward, left, right, stop, emergency brake, lean back, lean forward, and call for help button. All are red or blue and light up when pressed.
There are now three nurses trying to pry the elephant off of the ceiling.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-10, 05:36 PM
The elephant dances out of reach and jumps around on the roof while defying gravity, they might notice that it's an illusion if tehy can sense that.

Meanwhile, Lewis unfortunately deadtimes (:smallfrown:)

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-10, 05:39 PM
Unfortunately, they can't. They continue chasing the elephant around, while sending the EDD out of the room with Lewis.
"Would you like something to eat?"

Mina Kobold
2010-12-11, 05:20 PM
"Sure!"

Lewis follows the EDD, driving backward, while pressing the Left button...

He is also blue.

The elephant hoots a last time before running into the nearest reflective surface and disappearing in the distance of the mirror image.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-11, 05:31 PM
The nurses just stare at the mirror and shake their heads.
The EDD leads Lewis to an elevator.
"The Cafeteria is in Ring 5," it says, it's little arm pointing to a map that shows the hospital pulled apart like the layers of an onion.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-12, 07:43 AM
Lewis studies the map and tries to send the elevator the right direction. His current state could interfere with this, however, so where they end up might be a mystery of it's own.

"What kind of foodsies do you *Yawn* have?"

Lewis is no longer blue, but very tired. The walls are changing colour, though.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-12, 12:30 PM
Lewis studies the map and tries to send the elevator the right direction. His current state could interfere with this, however, so where they end up might be a mystery of it's own.

"What kind of foodsies do you *Yawn* have?"

Lewis is no longer blue, but very tired. The walls are changing colour, though.

"We have a variety of pre-made nutrient enriched foodstuffs, as well as a gourmet list for those not on a medical diet. There is also a synthesizer, which is rather good at making food according to any specifications entered."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-12, 02:31 PM
Receiving Station 12
Edgar teleports in with a severely wounded elf, Din.
The room is large, and filled with various medical tools, some of which are most certainly illegal. Nanobots, boosters, stasis fields, EDDs, and the like are all around, as well as several surgeons.
"What do we have here?" one of them asks, flipping a switch to activate one of the airbeds. Din should be lifted off the ground by the way the pressure and airflow shift around her.
"Internal bleeding, lots of cuts that have been biofoam-ed, broken legs, broken arm, already had a stone applied, and is still in stasis. My ambulance went down right next to her when we were answering the call, lost a pilot and an EDD."

iElf
2010-12-12, 02:47 PM
Receiving Station 12
Edgar teleports in with a severely wounded elf, Din.
The room is large, and filled with various medical tools, some of which are most certainly illegal. Nanobots, boosters, stasis fields, EDDs, and the like are all around, as well as several surgeons.
"What do we have here?" one of them asks, flipping a switch to activate one of the airbeds. Din should be lifted off the ground by the way the pressure and airflow shift around her.
"Internal bleeding, lots of cuts that have been biofoam-ed, broken legs, broken arm, already had a stone applied, and is still in stasis. My ambulance went down right next to her when we were answering the call, lost a pilot and an EDD."

Din stirs again "...wha...where...?"

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-12, 03:12 PM
Din stirs again "...wha...where...?"

One of the surgeons turns to Din and sighs.
"Alright, folks. Let's get to work before the stasis field lets up. Johnson, get the painkillers, McBride, you get a fuser, we've got bones to fix!"

iElf
2010-12-12, 03:18 PM
One of the surgeons turns to Din and sighs.
"Alright, folks. Let's get to work before the stasis field lets up. Johnson, get the painkillers, McBride, you get a fuser, we've got bones to fix!"

I guess they manage to fix her up quite well...the operation will be a success

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-12, 03:23 PM
I guess they manage to fix her up quite well...the operation will be a success

Alright then.
Din should wake up in the recovery ward, since all active surgery is done. The recovery ward rooms are built to be as comforting as possible, and the walls can have different holographic 'styles' applied to them via a remote next to the air beds.
Din will find small bumps beneath her skin. These bumps are were painkiller tablets and healing charms have been stitched beneath the skin. She may also feel stronger and more alert. That's the side effect of the illegal enhancements the surgeons use in emergencies. They were originally meant to be used in making super soldiers...

iElf
2010-12-12, 03:29 PM
Alright then.
Din should wake up in the recovery ward, since all active surgery is done. The recovery ward rooms are built to be as comforting as possible, and the walls can have different holographic 'styles' applied to them via a remote next to the air beds.
Din will find small bumps beneath her skin. These bumps are were painkiller tablets and healing charms have been stitched beneath the skin. She may also feel stronger and more alert. That's the side effect of the illegal enhancements the surgeons use in emergencies. They were originally meant to be used in making super soldiers...

Din leans up and looks around "...where am I?" she takes the remote, and plays around with it

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-12, 03:31 PM
Din leans up and looks around "...where am I?" she takes the remote, and plays around with it

The remote causes her bed to move around the room, soothing music to play, and the walls to switch from creamy white to gloriously shiny gold to candy-stripes so sweet and colorful they give your eyes diabetes.
If she looks down, she'll notice that there's a help button and an instruction guide to the remote.

iElf
2010-12-12, 03:34 PM
The remote causes her bed to move around the room, soothing music to play, and the walls to switch from creamy white to gloriously shiny gold to candy-stripes so sweet and colorful they give your eyes diabetes.
If she looks down, she'll notice that there's a help button and an instruction guide to the remote.

Din presses the help button, and looks at the instructions to look for the woodland setting

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-12, 03:39 PM
Din presses the help button, and looks at the instructions to look for the woodland setting

The music is replaced by the sound of birds and frogs, and the projectors display large trees with thick, flowery undergrowth, and the smaller, furrier animals that tend to make people go "D'awww!".
When the help button is pressed, an EDD in the corner turns on, hovering slightly above the floor, and moves up to Din's side.
"Yes, what do you need?"

iElf
2010-12-12, 03:42 PM
The music is replaced by the sound of birds and frogs, and the projectors display large trees with thick, flowery undergrowth, and the smaller, furrier animals that tend to make people go "D'awww!".
When the help button is pressed, an EDD in the corner turns on, hovering slightly above the floor, and moves up to Din's side.
"Yes, what do you need?"

"...i don't know where I am..."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-12, 03:44 PM
"...i don't know where I am..."

"You are in Room 202 in the Recovery ward in Ring 7 in the Last Moon Medical Center!" the EDD replies cheerily, "Please be aware that you have multiple bone fractures and should not move around too much, as bone fusing via does take a few hours! Of course, if you were doing it naturally, it would take over a month, but thanks to the miracle that is SCIENCE, you should be good within a few hours to a few days."

iElf
2010-12-12, 03:52 PM
"You are in Room 202 in the Recovery ward in Ring 7 in the Last Moon Medical Center!" the EDD replies cheerily, "Please be aware that you have multiple bone fractures and should not move around too much, as bone fusing via does take a few hours! Of course, if you were doing it naturally, it would take over a month, but thanks to the miracle that is SCIENCE, you should be good within a few hours to a few days."

Din frowns, and concentrates for a few seconds. her hand glows slightly , and she then gets up

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-12, 03:54 PM
Din frowns, and concentrates for a few seconds. her hand glows slightly , and she then gets up

The EDD moves to try and block Din off.
"You mustn't get up! You are severely injured! I would hate to have to use the restraining system!"

iElf
2010-12-12, 03:56 PM
The EDD moves to try and block Din off.
"You mustn't get up! You are severely injured! I would hate to have to use the restraining system!"

Din sighs "I was injured...I can heal myself..."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-12, 04:07 PM
Din sighs "I was injured...I can heal myself..."

"..." the EDD pauses.
"Well, this is a nonprofit organization that runs on donations, so I guess you're free to go then. If we don't need to do anymore surgery, you don't need to sign anything..."

iElf
2010-12-12, 04:17 PM
"..." the EDD pauses.
"Well, this is a nonprofit organization that runs on donations, so I guess you're free to go then. If we don't need to do anymore surgery, you don't need to sign anything..."

Din nods "...how can I leave this place then?"

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-12, 04:22 PM
Din nods "...how can I leave this place then?"

"There is a teleport station in each of the 15 rings that can be configured to teleport you below the hospital or to any other teleporter that can receive from other teleporters. Or, you can just fly out or leave using your own powers."

iElf
2010-12-12, 04:23 PM
"There is a teleport station in each of the 15 rings that can be configured to teleport you below the hospital or to any other teleporter that can receive from other teleporters. Or, you can just fly out or leave using your own powers."

Din nods, and teleports out...to trogs tavern

Mina Kobold
2010-12-13, 11:12 AM
"We have a variety of pre-made nutrient enriched foodstuffs, as well as a gourmet list for those not on a medical diet. There is also a synthesizer, which is rather good at making food according to any specifications entered."

"Groovy, foodstuffs sounds stuffy so let's go get that"

Lewis waits while the elevator goes down, whistling along to the elevator music.

The painkillers must really have affected him.

Or he's just plain crazy.

We're not sure.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-13, 02:59 PM
Due to the shape of the hospital, the elevator goes not only up and down, but forward, backward, leftward, and rightward. When it's finally reached the cafeteria, the doors open up and the EDD exits the elevator.
The cafeteria is filled with off duty doctors and the patients who are in good health, and there seems to be quite a line for the food, though the line moves quickly. The walls are the usual creamy white color, but instead of stripes there are images of dancing food.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-14, 10:34 AM
Lewis exits the elevator and moves up toward the line, greeting everybody along the way. Including a few fellow hippies, their greetings seem to be based on some complicated code about cereal, flowers and 'groove'

He finally gets into the line and look for the EDD, where did it go?

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-14, 03:02 PM
The EDD sits patiently by the window, watching Lewis' every move with a sort of parental gaze.
It's rather disturbing how a machine can be so human.
Another EDD slides by, and the two exchange a quick, excited series of beeps before the newcomer hovers away, chuckling.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-14, 03:30 PM
Lewis is amused by the EDDs and reminds himself to ask what they were talking about, he want to hear the funny stuff too!

But first, FOOD! He reaches the end of the line and tries to obtain Foodstuffs (tm)

"Foodstuffs, synthetic foodstuffs, where did he say it were?"

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-14, 03:33 PM
About halfway through the line, it splits. To the left, there seems to be a sort of buffet line, with all sorts of wonderful smelling dishes protected by a sneezeguard. To the right, there are 3 large, shiny, cube shaped machines with touch screens. Someone walks up to the machine, presses a few buttons, and the machine shudders and deposits a plate of bacon wrapped shrimp in his hands.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-14, 03:39 PM
Lewis looks conflicted. Both sides look equally fun so he decides to flip a coin to decide. It lands on tails so he goes or the shi~ny machines and taps randomly at the buttons and touch screen, hoping for a pleasant surprise.

"I hope it's good!"

Pixies, never trust them to do the logical thing.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-14, 03:42 PM
Out pops a cake!
Only this cake has been made from a mashed protein mix, a beef jerky candle, and the icing seems to be made out of candied apple.
It actually tastes rather good if he tries it.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-14, 03:51 PM
He does! Lewis acquired tasty cake!

He sits down next to the EDD

"Hi again, granola"

He munches on his weird cake, quite a fun taste it haves and one he hadn't tried before!

"Your cafeteria is most groovy, E-didi!"

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-14, 04:04 PM
"And a hearty re-welcoming to you, Lewis. My files indicate that is a complement, and I would like to let you know that the Last Moon Medical Center appreciates your gratitude."
The EDD plugs itself into a power outlet and sits quietly, humming like Guilt Spark now and then.
"Hmm-hmm-HMM!"

Mina Kobold
2010-12-15, 03:14 PM
Lewis would sit down next to the EDD but there are no chairs so he begins to roll away.

Then he remembers that he is already sitting and rolls back, eating his weird cake next to the EDD.

(Not really much to do here now, unless more patient gets in... Blow up Trog's again? :smalltongue:)

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-15, 03:21 PM
((Yeah. You figure hurt people would come here more often but no, they just limp off and let it get infected!))

Quincunx
2010-12-19, 08:47 AM
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/Quincunx_GitP/tzimponder.gif

The nekkid mage hops out of the ambulance pod and looks around for exits. No doors. "Eh?" She looks around a bit more, taking in the techno-magic ambiance, scrupulous cleanliness, and faint yet cheerful colors of the place. Tzimfemme frowns for a moment, but looks back at the tinted underlighting and lets the frown go. This isn't the White Walls again, but just to be sure. . .She claps her hands together in front of her face and pulls them apart like pulling taffy. If it's not shielded to portal magic, mana just gobbed around her hands and got stretched out into one.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-19, 12:12 PM
((nope. there's no anti-portal anything in here))

Quincunx
2010-12-19, 12:51 PM
Tzimfemme mutters some unintelligible gratitude, reaches in, and extracts several objects: first the dagger-headed flail (and is that really an abstract. . .yes, it is, cut into either side of the dagger :smallannoyed:), next some chocolates which get flicked immediately into her mouth, then a glass jewelry box of same chocolates, next one pen with a chrome nib, finally a larger glass box with handles and coils of wire inside and a notebook strapped onto its top.

She ties the flail around herself by means of another band of blue belting, then steps to the information desk. "Thanks for the lift," she begins, and sets the box o' chocolate figurines on the desk. "I'm still learning my way around here. Could I query your medical database? There was a," Tzimfemme clears her throat, "rival institution here with some wrong-headed ideas, and patients had to be broken out of it by force. I'd like to forewarn your systems in case any of them end up here, twice-damaged. Oh. Almost forgot. I am Tzimfemme, of no fixed address--hoping to change that though. You?"

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-19, 12:54 PM
Mote just stares at her for a second, then blinks.
"Lemme guess, in for a head injury?"
Stupid halfling desk jockey.

[Cafeteria]
The EDD just floats in place, waiting patiently for Lewis to finish eating.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-19, 01:02 PM
Lewis has finished eating! Lewis health increases!

"Groovy food, but now I'm full"

He looks at the EDD as he tries to make the wheelchair move toward the door

"Do you have any ideas for places to visit here? Alchemy labs perhaps?"

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-19, 01:04 PM
"There are multiple game lounges, a gym, and a computer room, if you would like to visit one of those. Though the patient file says to keep you off of the exercise machines," the EDD unplugs itself from the wall and floats a few inches higher.

Quincunx
2010-12-19, 01:39 PM
"No, I don't know what he was in for, but--not me, you fool!" To Tzimfemme, 'tact' is most often an acronym*, but she stops and marshals her next sentences nonetheless. "I was not a patient. Nor should I have been. If you have, or should soon get, patients with mental anomalies, ask them if they had spent some time on a white island--" The nekkid mage stops as soon as the words reach her ears. Doctors are scientists are literal. Make it plainer. "--A hospital, on an island, with excessive whiteness in the decor. The place seemed designed to make mad people worse. Astonishing that it should have survived when this fine place," she sweeps her hand around, "was available."

*((Not a GitP acronym organization.))

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-19, 01:42 PM
"I'll be sure to put that on a memo, ma'am. Would you like some clothes, you're upsetting some of the patients," Mote gestures at a mother covering her son's eyes.

Quincunx
2010-12-19, 01:52 PM
"You can get some clothes, but they won't stick." Tzimfemme mouths it ain't like he didn't see yours, lady off to open space, in the motherly direction. "Long story short, in the long run vivacity wins and this was the cost, and I like winning strategies. Anyhoo." She hefts the larger case and plops it on the desk. "This is a semi-portable mana infusion kit compatible with your technology, and I'd be pleased to leave it with you to further your good work. Mana storage here, via crystal at the moment although it should be compatible with solid or liquid storage, fiber optic mana cables here, here, and here, and couplings for applicators here--never used the applicators myself so they're still in sterile packaging."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-19, 01:53 PM
"And it does what exactly?" Mote is hungrily eyeing all teh shinies in the case.
And the mother shrugs and removes her hand. The lady had a point!

Quincunx
2010-12-19, 01:59 PM
"Provides location-based magic power. In a manner compatible with the technologically-minded. Heck, even pure magic-users have liked the concept once they figured out it could be fed through an applicator from their paradigm." Tzimfemme shrugs. "It doesn't fashion anything though. It's just a power source for now."

Mina Kobold
2010-12-19, 02:01 PM
"You have a computer? That sounds a bit interesting"

Lewis dramatically point in a random direction while mumbling-

"Heed heed, king and servant follow my heed"

As the wheelchair should follow the direction he looks he shouts

"Onward! To the computer room!"

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-19, 02:01 PM
"Provides location-based magic power. In a manner compatible with the technologically-minded. Heck, even pure magic-users have liked the concept once they figured out it could be fed through an applicator from their paradigm." Tzimfemme shrugs. "It doesn't fashion anything though. It's just a power source for now."

"I'll get this to Mrs. Pin straight away. Thanks for the donation!" Mote carefully puts the case in a smaller teleporter, and it is whisked away to who knows where.

[Cafeteria]
The EDD cheerily follows Lewis, though it is carefully monitoring his brain right now. He's been acting awful strange.

Quincunx
2010-12-19, 02:13 PM
"You're welcome. One thing, before I go and find myself a mailbox. . .where do I go, to leave? Your signage is otherwise excellent but I can't find the exit doors."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-19, 02:17 PM
"It's a flying hospital, ma'am. You'll have to teleport or fly down," Mote explains.

Quincunx
2010-12-19, 02:32 PM
Tzimfemme perceives a gap in the market for an easy-to-depart hospital, and is about to open her yap to that effect when she re-reads the directory. Oh, hey. Teleporter! "I see. Thank you. Hope to see you again, although not too soon." She steps to the teleport pad and punches buttons with familiarity, and departs, to re-materialize in a floodlit neighborhood underneath the floating disc. The nekkid mage looks up and orients herself before heading down the street. . .

Mina Kobold
2010-12-19, 02:50 PM
Lewis attempt to find the computer room through the use of the respected pixie method of going in a random direction.

The EDD's readings on his brain activity seems mostly human, there are quite a few differences in the activity itself and part of it is not traditional electric energy.

But nothing abnormal for Lewis' species. Which it probably haven't met before...

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-19, 02:54 PM
Indeed, the EDD does not know what to make of the extra signals. It uploads the data to the patient file, then continues along.
"Would you like directions to your destination?"

Mina Kobold
2010-12-19, 04:51 PM
Lewis turns the wheelchair around and presses the 'back' button, now driving backward while facing the EDD

"Sure, I don't think I could find it anyway. This place is HUGE!"

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-19, 04:53 PM
The EDD slides up to the wheelchair and inserts a flash drive looking thing. A map of the hospital pops up on the chairs little fold out computer screen, and the path to the computer room is highlighted.
"We will need to take another elevator it seems."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-19, 04:55 PM
Ar, bleeding heavily,teleports into the hospital and falls to the floor.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-19, 04:56 PM
Mote, sighing heavily, calls up and EDD to put Ar in stasis and take him to one of the emergency care rooms.
"Why do people always have to teleport into this room?"

Mina Kobold
2010-12-19, 05:14 PM
Lewis stares at the computer screen, not hearing the EDD

"... Amazing!"

He begins examining the screen, understandably fascinated as a personal computer itself is decades ahead of his home universe.

((By the by, what is the EDD made of))

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-19, 05:16 PM
The EDD seems rather pleased at Lewis' surprise.
The EDDs are made out of whatever it is Daleks are made of. Like I said, their just benign Daleks.