PDA

View Full Version : Exalted: You break it, you buy it [IC]

Tavar
2010-12-05, 10:07 PM
The Hundred Kingdom's had never been the most stable region, and with the disappearance of the Empress, things have gotten even worse. No longer needing to husband their strength for the Realm's periodic invasions, old grudges are boiling over. The Principality of Riva has become a recent victim, struck down by several of it's neighbors. It's armies shattered, the only thing saving it is its enemies' disunity, fighting amongst themselves to see who gets to claim it's lands as their own. Still, the fighting hasn't spared the city, and you can see the charred framework of the docks. If it wasn't nightfall, you'd try and press on, but getting caught by the invading armies outside of the walls would be worse than being caught inside the siege.There seem to be more guards out than usual, and they do a decent job of checking you over as you enter the city.

Once inside the walls, things don't seem much better. There's a desperate air to the whole place, people scurrying about. But there's something decidedly odd about the whole thing. It takes you a couple seconds, but then it hits you; everyone seems...old. Oh, there's the guard, and the occasional beggar, but everyone else int the town seems well over 50.

Moving on, you actually have some trouble finding an inn. Seems the war caused most of them to shut down, though you could have sworn that it's only been a couple of weeks. Eventually you manage to find one, a somewhat small and ratty place, oddly close to the palace, though. There's a youngish man behind the bar, smearing the dirt around with a dirty rag. He looks up as you come in.
Yeah? Wha'd ya want?

Sorry for getting this up so late, and Please make Perception+Socalize checks

DrakeRaids
2010-12-05, 10:32 PM
Herald smiled cheerfully at the man, pulling out his instrument with a grandiose gesture. He had hoped to find their fortune here, dead broke as they where, but it looked like he wouldn't be holding his breath. This place was a dying. He could almost feel it decaying around them, like sitting int he belly of a rotting beast. He resisted the urge to glance back at Via and Quick, and try and real their thoughts from their faces. Showing any hesitation now would be trouble later.

"My name is Herald, and the good women behind me is go by the name Via, and Quick. Count yourself lucky that we decided to stay here tonight, for we come with music that will bring customers coming from blocks around to hear us." Herald grinned and spoke in a loud, voice, but a pleasent one, his steps and movements exaggerating his every word, giving the man a seemingly larger then life aura. " A room and a small compensation is all we ask. Oh, and drinks for me and Quick." He added as an after thought

Locnil
2010-12-06, 12:05 AM
Tallen quickly surveyed the inn to check if there was likely to be trouble, before turning to the man who was presumably the bartender.

"Do you have room for twenty people and a small caravan, or know where we can find it?" He queried. "I can pay well for your trouble." He added.

horngeek
2010-12-06, 12:52 AM
Caera

Two figures enter the tavern. One woman, and one girl of maybe ten years old, obviously the former's daughter, and both standing out. Their red hair and dark skin marks them as Southerners, if any here know of that characteristic. Even if they do not, they are obviously not from the scavenger lands. The woman carries a long parcel, but little else on her, and she holds the hand of her daughter.

Caera walks up to the man. "Do you have room for me and my daughter? We can pay well for it."

5d10

Tavar
2010-12-06, 02:11 PM
Hmf. We're the only inn open, so I guess we'll have to do. 8 dinars per room, 3 for a meal.

Turning to Herald, he gives a pained smile.
If you're as good as you say, I can hardly refuse. The town could use some joy, and I could use some customers. Wha'da have?

DrakeRaids
2010-12-06, 04:45 PM
"Mmm. Listen."

That was all Herald said as he settled down on one of the bar stools and test a few strings on his guitar. It was this feeling that he lived for the potential energy that seemed to surround them before a song, where there was nothing but an unshaped melody before you, waiting to be bent to your will. Amazing... He smiled slightly, plucked one string, then another, faster and faster as he wove a tapestry of music with fire in it, with all the fury and indomitable spirit of the rising sun.

The song was short, but sweet, a mere teaser. With a wide smile, like a child with a new toy, he glanced around at the few people in the tavern, waiting for their reactions.

Performance roll to inspire hope

[roll0] + 2 sux

9 sux

Lucus Casius
2010-12-06, 06:13 PM
Via was content to remain in the background for the moment, letting Herald speak as was the norm. She smiled nervously at the bartender as Herald introduced them before stepping back into Quick's shadow, where she would hopefully go unnoticed until they had to start playing.

So she stood, quietly listening to Herald's tune and to the reaction of the bartender and the patrons. Personally... Via found it excellent, as always. She didn't see how anyone else could find it less than so.

Tavar
2010-12-06, 08:37 PM
By the end the bartender is tapping his foot along to the medley, and one or two patrons even enter, though again, no one younger than 50. A guard also listens in, but leaves as soon as the music stops. After he leaves, the innkeeper seems to loosen up a bit. You even get a bit of applause.
Okay, you've sold me. You'll get a room, along with meals and drinks. But please, keep playing.
The other patrons toast this, and listen, eager for more.

horngeek
2010-12-06, 08:42 PM
Caera smiles, listening to the music. "Very well."

She places fifteen dinars on the table. "A room and a meal for me and my daughter, please."

DrakeRaids
2010-12-07, 12:27 AM
"Thank you ma'am, and trust me friend, you haven't heard anything yet. Via! Quick! Lets set up right there in on the fair wall." Herald began moving tables left and right, clearing a space for their small group, occasionally strumming a short cord as if to decide if the way it was set up was acceptable based on some alien algorithm known only to the slightly mad bard. Eventually he conceded though, finding a combination that pleased his skewed tastes.

"All right then ladies, what should we play first?"

Locnil
2010-12-07, 05:16 AM
Wincing at the exorbitant price, but seeing that he had no choice, Tallen handed over a bag full of dinars. "We'll take seven rooms, for the next few days. Also, we'll need a place to store the horses, and to put our caravan. My companions and I would prefer to eat our meals in the privacy of our rooms. Casting a disparaging glance at the crowd gathering around to listen to the music, he left to inform his followers of their accomodations.

As he neared the doorway, however, he abruptly turned back to the innkeeper. "Wait. I suppose there is something I need to ask. I came here, seeking a certain place. Would you know if there are any ruined First Age buildings around here, possibly within a patch of Wyld-tainted land?" He waited in apprehension for the innkeeper's response.

Tavar
2010-12-07, 12:56 PM
Reaching for the bag, the innkeeper grimaces. Can't say that I d...
But mid sentence he freezes, eyes wide, staring out the door. Following his gaze, you notice a squad of guards standing in the doorway. They seem ready for a fight, though oddly vacant at the same time. All except for their leader, who seems...off somehow. Entering, you can see the townsfolk shy away from him, and the innkeeper himself seems ready to faint.

What now, Willow? You know the rules; newcomers must come to the palace for...introductions. You don't want another visit, do you?

I-I-I thought they already had! We don't mean any trouble!

Turning from the innkeeper, the new figure appraises each of you with a predatory eye.
Good. Now then, I think it's time for all of you to come with me to the palace. His lordship is eager to meet you.
Good.

horngeek
2010-12-07, 03:07 PM
Caera frowns. "Very well, then."

She grasps hold of her daughter's hand tightly, and follows the troops. Thinking along the way. Why would the leader of the city want to see all visitors personally?

Tackyhillbillu
2010-12-07, 05:32 PM
Quick

Quick was hanging on Via's arm, looking about the tavern with some annoyance. She preferred real cities. Real comforts. Good Food. Warm Baths. All of those things. She'd left the life where she got those everyday behind her, but not the desire for them. At the end of the day though, she didn't regret the decision. She wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else then with Via.

When the Soldier spoke up, the Lunar sighed. She'd rather stay and play with Herald and Via, then them all go visit the stupid ruler.

"Booo! Boooooring! Captain, you and your men should stay in here with us. We were about to play a little. You'd like to stay and hear us, wouldn't you? "

Her voice subtly curled around the lot of them, inflaming them with the desire to hear the three's music, the pull incredibly strong, but feather light, almost unnoticable.

Subliminal Messages

7m, 1wp

Attack is Unexpected, so all listening (excepting Via and Herald) have their MDVs set to 0 vs. the Attack, unless they have social SNs.

[roll0]

2WP to resist.

Essence
Permanent: ●●●
Personal: 12/19 (X Committed)
Peripheral: 31/40 (9 Committed)

Willpower: ●●●●● ●●x

DrakeRaids
2010-12-07, 08:41 PM
Without missing a beat Herald began to join in as well, the low strumming of his guitar perfectly matching Quicks mystical voice, layering it within itself within her song. It was a steady, tired song, like the beating of a heart, or the feel of your sleeping lovers breath. It was like the flickering of a fire in your homes hearth, or the warm fullness after a good meal, leaving you drained, but not unhappy. A complacent contentedness.

6 motes on Heart Compelling Method to invoke a feeling of exhaustion, 2 WP to resist

Charisma + Performance [roll0] + 2 sux

13 sux total

Lucus Casius
2010-12-07, 09:40 PM
Via had set down her keyboard as soon as Quick had begun speaking, knowing what her mate was planning. Within moments of Herald strumming the first chord, Via began to weave her own soft melody into the song, slowly, wearily, but contentedly following the music of the others.

Via herself lost all sign of shyness or nervousness as she continued to play. Both were replaced by a relaxed, calm look, as her hands meandered from key to key, note to note, mirroring the soft beauty of the song.

No UMI. Just 4 Personal motes spent on the 1st Performance Excellency, to... lets say, create a positive intimacy towards our little group of musicians.

[roll0] + 2 sux

11 Sux

Tavar
2010-12-07, 09:58 PM
An almost imperceptible wave seems ripple through the townsfolk, and they seem to relax. The same can't be said of the guards, or their odd captain. He only seems to narrow his eyes, and his hand comes to rest firmly on his sword. Better than the other guards, though. They just keep staring blankly ahead.

I don't think so, girlies. You're coming with us. Anyways, if you're really that good, I'm sure our Lord would like to hear you play. Maybe even put you up for the night.

Resisted, and Join battle please. You can also surrender to avoid combat. There's about 10 of the vacant guardsman and the Captain.

DrakeRaids
2010-12-07, 10:15 PM
"Huuurm."

Heralds eyes tinkled slightly as he lowered his instrument. This is no place for a fight, though these men had a strange resilience about them, almost like they where barely people at all. Odd. Odd, odd, odd. It was probably best to go with them, if only for the time being. No doubt that together the three of them could get out of anything this town could throw at them. Sighing he glanced back at his bandmates, a childish smile planted firmly on his face.

"So, shall we stay in Wonderland and see how deep the rabbit-hole goes? No offense Quick."

Locnil
2010-12-07, 10:18 PM
Tallen frowned at this new development. 'And what, Captain, would your lord want with us? I doubt he merely wishes to invite us to spend the night. As he speaks, he casually drops his hand down, off the table, to rest near his concealed flame piece, wary of trouble.

OOC

Rolling Manipulation + Socialize to get the Captain to explain.
[roll0]
Join Battle, in case it is needed
[roll1]
This die roller hates me, it seems. What happens when you double-botch a Join Battle roll?

Tavar
2010-12-07, 10:20 PM
The Law is that all visitors must be introduced to his lordship. In chains, if necessary. Shall I fetch them for you?

Locnil
2010-12-07, 10:27 PM
Sighing, Tallen straightened, deciding that it was pointless to argue. "Very well. But first, allow me to fetch my travelling companions. They are newcomers as well, and I would hate for them to be arrested."

Tallen began to casually walk towards the doorway, hoping that he could make several preparations in case of sinister intent.

OOC

Can I make a Wits + Lore check to realize why the ruler of this city wants to see us? Probably going to use us as slaves to satisfy the tribute. Maybe.
Anyway, trying to convince the Captain to wait.
Manipulation + Socialize
[roll0]
Finally, 1 good roll.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-12-07, 10:46 PM
Quick

"None taken, Herald."

Quick looped her arm through Via's protectively, holding her mate with a smile. She then motioned at the captain with her hand.

"Scoot along then, and show us the way. Maybe your palace will have satisfactory accomodations."

She sighed, and looked over at her mate with a shrug.

"Small chance of that, though."

Tavar
2010-12-07, 11:19 PM
They should already be on their way there. Come.

With that he steps out, clearly intending for you to follow him. Once you do, the guards take up positions around you, and while a blind man could mistake it for an honor guard, it clearly seems more like a prison detail. You occasionally pass by a more normal looking guard, and the difference between them and seemingly living statues around you is even more evident.

Eventually, make it to the throne Room. The Guards step back, forming a rough semicircle around you. The captain pushes open the doors, and you see the lord of this kingdom. Dirtier, more ragged than you expected. Of course, the fact that he's on his knees, pretending to be a dog might have something to do with that. The thing on the throne is much more beautiful than you would have thought. Too beautiful. The hobgoblins scattered around the area only confirm your suspicions. As you enter, the one on the throne speaks.

Ah, more guests. Do come in. I've heard some of you can play very well. I'm sure we'd all appreciate some accompaniment to diner.

There are the ten guards still around you, as well as the guard captain. About 4 hobgoblins are scattered around the room. There is also one Noble, Likely a diplomat by his bearing.

DrakeRaids
2010-12-07, 11:56 PM
Herald looked up at the fae, and froze for a moment, seeing everything, but not seeing it. For a moment, he was back in the Wyld, desperately dancing to the faes tunes, agonizingly enduring their endless torments. But no more. The Unconquered Sun had gifted him with power precisely so he could fight these creatures, these alien invaders, and expel their every last vestige from Creation as a whole.

His guitar slowly slipped into his hands, as his eyes focused in on the fae, only on the fae. Nothing else mattered at the moment, not Via, not Quick, not the Guards. Only that Noble, sitting on that throne making a mockery of all that was decent. Herald couldn't stand for that. He wouldn't stand for that.

"Then me play you a song." he whispered dully.

His words seemed to echo inside his head, endlessly, as his fingers stroked his instrument lovingly, plucking once, then twice as they gained strength and volume. A tangible energy began to gather around the air around him, like the charged air moments before lightening strikes it, or the deadly silence before an avalanche rolls over a countryside.

Then, all at once the songs beat reached a crescendo, and the area around the solar, for lack of a better word, exploded. It started as a distant mote of light behind him, before it exploded in a wave of fury and molten gold, sending the door behind him flying clear off its hings as a dragon made of the purest light dived towards the fae on the throne, spewing golden fire upon the Fair Folk.

Using my combo dance of the shimmering sun, spending eight motes to begin Glorious Totemic Rock (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Charms:Glorious_Totemic_Rock-Off)off. Likely a surprise attack? Any stunt points you give me are very welcome.

Performance + Charisma + Essence [roll0] + 2 Sux

10 sux total

DV: 7
WP: 9/10
Personal: 22/22
Peripheral: 29/47

Locnil
2010-12-08, 12:32 AM
Tallen's eyes widened as he realized the peril he was in. He quickly glanced around, seeing that the situation would soon dissolve into a fight. Hoping to catch some glimpse of his companions and praying that it was not too late, he dashed forward, hiding behind a pillar and readying his flame piece.

As he slipped behind the pillar though, his thoughts were spinning, barely able to comprehend that the bard on whom he had looked down just an hour ago was in actuality another Solar Exalt, the first other such he had seen. As he aimed his flame piece at a hobgoblin, he realized that his life may never be the same again. Then again, he'd grown used to the feeling.

OOC

Taking an aim action at a hobgoblin. I'll aim for three ticks or until one of the hobgoblins begin to attack, whichever comes first, then fire. After firing, I'll drop my flame piece and draw my daiklave.

Tavar
2010-12-08, 10:57 AM
The impossible grace of the Fae serves him well, and as the attack roars in he vaults over the back of the throne, interposing it's massive bulk in between himself and the attack. Still, mere objects are no match of the wrath of the Sun, and the blast of essence tears through the throne. When the Dust clears, the Fae diplomat stands, bloodied but alive. In fact, he's laughing.

Herald? Oh, it is you, we knew you'd come back to us. We've missed your songs so very much.
Running forward, he draws a glossomar sword. Engaging Herald, he seems almost playful, adding elaborate flourishes and gestures to his bladework. The crimson droplets that fall from the blade speak otherwise, though.

Herald get's a 2 dice stunt.
2 attacks on Herald;
Attack 1[roll0]
Attack 2[roll1]
The Hobgoblins are going to move next, so Rem should take his action.
Battle Order;
Tick 0:Herald,Rem
Tick 1:Diplomat
Tick 2:Hobgoblins
Tick 3:Via, Quick, Caera, Captain
Tick 4:
Tick 5:Diplomat
Tick 6:Herald, Vacant-Guards

Locnil
2010-12-08, 07:49 PM
The hobgoblins reacted faster than Tallen had anticipated, and he groaned inwardly as several turned in his directions. Trusting that the guards would be too addled to do anything significant - yet - and that the Fae was fully preoccupied with the other Solar, Tallen slipped out from the cover of the pillar and fired his flame piece at the hobgoblin.

OOC

Firing at the hobgoblin. If I drop the flame piece now, without reloading, when is the soonest I can act? Drawing my daiklave in any case.

Tavar
2010-12-08, 10:08 PM
The flames leap out, but not fast enough to catch the goblin, who rolls beneath it. Luckily for you, the goblins divide their energies, with two coming to the aid of their lord against herald, and two others engaging Tallen.

Meanwhile, the guard captain withdraws a few paces, and a fascinatingly horrendous whirl of energies seems to surround him.

Attack 1 on Rem[roll0]
Attack 2 on Rem[roll1]
Attack 1 on Herald[roll2]
Attack 2 on Herald[roll3]
Battle Order;
Tick 4:
Tick 6:Herald, Vacant-Guards, Hobgoblins
Tick 7:Rem
Tick 8:Captain
Tick 9:

Locnil
2010-12-09, 04:45 AM
Having his attention already on the hobgoblin, Tallen had no trouble nimbly dodging the first hobgoblin's attack, leaping to the side as the hobgoblin misjudged the angle of attack. He he came to a running stop, however, he saw the other hobgoblin's blade descending on him, and he realized that he would need supernatural help to avoid being wounded. Fortunately, he had it, and the sword cut a deep gouge in the floor as Tallen moved at a preternatural speed towards the right of the hobgoblin. As he stood up, wary of further attacks, he struggled to free his daiklave from his sheath, knowing he would need it soon enough.
OOC

Normally dodging the first attack, using Seven Shadow Evasion versus the second. On my tick I'll draw my daiklave and activate my combo as soon as possible
Damage Taken - 0B/0L/0A
Essence Remaining - 22/25
Peripheral Essence Remanining - 47/47
Willpower Remaining - 10/10

As a further note, Tallen will refrain from using peripheral essence and Obvious effects during this fight, so as not to draw attention to himself.

horngeek
2010-12-09, 05:15 AM
Caera frowns as the battle starts. First thing... "Lydia, get to somewhere safe, don't come out until I tell you it's safe."

The girl nods, and starts to run to safety. Caera unwraps her sword from the packaging, then moves towards the two hobgoblins threatening Tallen. How did they come to be so far from the Wyld, anyway? Or even hide their presence here?

No matter. Swift Ending lives up to its name, swiftly trailing through the air as Caera slashes once-
twice-
thrice-

at the hobgoblins, switching from one to the other.

Right. Flurrying not only readying a weapon, but a flurry of three blows, two at one of the gobbos against Tallen, one at the other. Yes, I am aware this does nasty things to my DVs. If Caera gets attacked, she will apply Dipping Swallow Defense to her Parry DVs, and if she gets hit, will apply HGD to any further attacks (due to the upgrade that means she counts the two Charms as one and the same). EGT will fill her Overdrive pool in that instance, though. :smallcool:

Take motes for that out of her Personal pool first, Peripheral pool only if she runs out of Personal motes.

Rolls to hit:

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]
Attack 3: [roll2]

Combat Statistics

Health
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Essence
Overdrive: 0/10
Personal: 11/16
Peripheral: 40/40

Tackyhillbillu
2010-12-09, 03:39 PM
Quick

Quick growled at the sight of the Fair Folk, a deep menacing sound at the back of her throat, stepping between any Attackers and Via with deliberatenes. At the same time, her form began to swell, the power of the Deadly Beastman Transformation filling her limbs. Her message was clear. No would touch her mate without going through Quick.

Flurrying Defend Another, and DBT.

Speed 6 Action, commits 3m.

Lucus Casius
2010-12-09, 06:16 PM
Via raised her arms as she stood behind Quick, closing her eyes and mentally departing from the battle. Her face was a mask of intense focus as she whispered to herself, gesturing every now and then, calling up the spell from the depths of her memory, shaping it according to her will.

Shaping Death of Obsidian Butterflies

Willpower: ●●●●● ●●●●x

Essence
Permanent: ●●●●
Personal: 22/22 (0 Committed)
Peripheral: 15/48 (18 Committed)

Tavar
2010-12-09, 09:22 PM
You can hear alarm bells ringing in the city, and the shouting of guards. Meanwhile, the diplomat switches targets. He's no fool, and recognizes the dangers of exalted sorcery. Striking swiftly, he attempts to put Via inbetween himself and Quick.

Meanwhile, the hobgoblins continue to flail at the party, as do the mortal guards. Luckily, it seems that whatever has made them so mindless has hampered them, as their movements are slow and choppy.

Attack on Via:[roll0]

Attacks on Rem:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Attacks on Herald
[roll3]
[roll4]

Attacks on Caera:
Unexpected: [roll5]
Normal:[roll6]
[roll7]
Attacks on Quick:
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
Battle Order;
Tick 4:
Tick 7:Rem, Caera
Tick 8:Captain, Via
Tick 9:Quick, Diplomat
Tick 10:Vacant-Guards, Hobgoblins

DrakeRaids
2010-12-09, 10:02 PM
Heralds face twisted in fury at the faes words, as his song took on an even more discordant beat, as it told a tale of rage and woe, of fire and destruction that washed away all the unclean. Gradually the song seemed to purify itself as the inner rhythm grew stronger, overwhelming the chaotic clashes and bring forth true music in a wave of light and sound.

All the while his totem continued its onslaught. The Dragon swooped across the room, pausing only to alight upon the shattered throne, where it perched and let out a huge roar, echoing out the shattered door and into the city. Then, tearing the last remnant of the throne of the the floor it jumped into the air and bore down upon the fae that dared to attack his ally, smashing the throne ontop of it while spewing waves of golden fire from its maw.

Continuing his combo

[roll0] + 2 sux

11 sux, as always, stunt welcome

DV: 6
WP: 9/10
Personal: 22/22
Peripheral: 29/47

Tackyhillbillu
2010-12-09, 11:20 PM
Quick

Quick's muzzle broke into a snarl, angrily refusing to let the attacks slip through against Via, her teeth Bared. In a flash she was between Via and the Diplomat, catching the Blade on her Claws.

"No! I will protect Via!"

She forced the Diplomat back, staring at him angrily, snarling as she did so. Threats against her mate would be accepted.

PDV is 4. Any Stunt will negate the attack.

Tavar
2010-12-09, 11:52 PM
He almost manages to skewer the sorceress. Almost. Instead he's face to face with an angry Lunar, something to put a kink in any fae's day.
A moon-child? Now this really is inter-

The fey diplomat, for all his grace, is clearly unused to combat. The Throne surprises him, and the dragon only makes things worse. He does not truly bleed, but the ichor that falls from his wounds is clear enough.

Locnil
2010-12-10, 12:42 AM
Tallen barely got his daiklave out in time to parry the hobgoblin's attack. As it was, he was forced to awkwardly use the hilt of the daiklave to knock aside the hobgoblin's sword, earning him a growl from the hobgoblin

As he held his daiklave before him, watching the two hobgoblins warily, he was struck by the oddness of the stituation. I've been in this city for all of one hour, he mused, raising his daiklave and I'm engaged in a battle for my life against a group of Fair Folk with several more Anathema by my side. Deciding to throw caution to the wind, he stepped forward and launched two powerful strokes, the attacks augmented by magical skill, at his foes.

OOC
Spending one willpower to activate my combo
Flurrying two attacks, one against each of the hobgoblins I'm fighting. Augmenting both attacks with First Melee Excellency, an extra three die on the first attack, four die on the second

First Attack:[roll0]
Second Attack:[roll1]

DV: 6
Willpower: 8/10
Personal Essence 12/22
Peripheral Essence 47/47
Damage Taken: 0B/0L/0A

Also, any stunts I get from this point onwards go towards restoring motes.

horngeek
2010-12-12, 05:49 AM
Caera winces a little as the strike finds her flesh, leaving a nasty bruise. However, she does not let it affect her, and indeed, channels the pain into her Essence. The Hobgoblin that struck her is the new target of her focused anger, the fury of the Zenith Caste evident as she strikes once-

and then, swiftly, seems to strike a second time in the same instant, the blade trailing gold.

One strike on the gobbo that attacked Caera. She's applying One Weapon, Two Blows and the First Melee Excellency, both from her Overdrive pool (which removes the need to Combo it). Buying three successes with the First Excellency, focusing one one strike for this one. Using all the Overdrive motes, obviously.

Attack: [roll0]

Combat Statistics

Health

-0 [-]
-1 [-][-][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Essence

Overdrive: 0/10
Personal: 5/16
Peripheral: 40/40

Tavar
2010-12-13, 12:02 AM
One hobgoblin's head is easily removed from his shoulders, the other managing to block the swipe enough so he simply almost loses his arm.

The swirling energies of the Wyld abate, subsumed into the natural patterns of Creation. Something yet remains, though. A thing of horror, it's eight-fold eyes portals to the deepest sections of the wyld, with thick plates of chitin protecting the body. You can still see the general shape of the captain within, most noticeably in the face. It races forward, and strikes at Herald and Via, the most dangerous targets.

GoGo Fae-blooded attack routine!
Attacks on Herald:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Via:
[roll2]
Also, everyone with Valor+Essence less than 5, take -2 to all dice pools. Plus side, with his MDV, social attack should do wonders. If you could make them, that is.
Battle Order;
Tick 4:
Tick 11:Caera
Tick 12:Herald, Rem

Lucus Casius
2010-12-15, 06:48 PM
Via's eyes flashed open as the last word of the spell escaped her lips. Reaching out quickly, she pulled Quick behind her, out of harm's way. The sorceress directed the energy through her arms, as a black swarm of silent, shining butterflies erupted from her outstretched hand, directly into the face of the guard captain, their razor wings promising grave harm and even death for all who stood to harm Via or her friends.

They sliced through and around him, directed by the Twilight's will. They flowed around Herald, around Quick, and around the two people who were aiding them. The enemies were not so fortunate, completely wrapped in the deadly whirlwind of elegant, obsidian butterflies.

Cast Sorcery: Death of Obsidian Butterflies, then rejoining the battle.

8L + Sux Damage on all enemies, assuming the attack beats their DVs.

Perception + Occult Attack: [roll0] + 4 Sux rolling in OOC

Essence
Peripheral: 15/48 (18 Committed)

Tavar
2010-12-16, 12:14 AM
With a wrenching twist to the sorcery itself, you manage to divert it's power away from your new allies. The monsters you face aren't so lucky. The hobgoblins and mind-blank guardsmen fall, as if cut to ribbons, and even the diplomat fares poorly, losing one arm completely, falling to the ground with several of the glass butterflies in his chest. Even with his alien body, you know he's not long for this world.
So this is the way the story end...

Unfortunately, the thing that was the captain hasn't fallen. In fact, he barely looks injured.

Battle Order;
Tick 4:
Tick 13: Captain

Tackyhillbillu
2010-12-16, 07:51 PM
Quick

At Via's touch, Quick danced back, watching with wonder as Via released her spell, watching from over the Solar's shoulder. She clapped with glee as the spell ripped apart their foes, smiling with glee. Once she was done, the Lunar stepped in front of her once more, the savage creature winking at her.

"We make a great team, don't we love?"

Defend Other, Via

Tavar
2010-12-22, 02:02 AM
Caera sizes up the Captain, waiting for an opportunity to strike.

In the distance, you hear shouting, and the running of feet.

Rem and Herald's turn. The Captain is the only foe still alive.
Battle Order;
Tick 4:

DrakeRaids
2010-12-26, 07:00 PM
Herald cursed as the blade bite his flesh, he had been lax, he could feel the edge severing muscles and tendons, he couldn't fight like this. "I'll come back for you!" he snarled, quickly moving out of the throne room, eyes glimmering pinrpicks of hate.

Herald is GTFOing

Locnil
2010-12-26, 10:08 PM
As the unknown Solar fled the Throne room, Tallen finally took a brief moment to take stock of this situation. His new allies (if they were indeed allies) had quite effectively destroyed the fae's thralls. Even so, the God-Blooded captain might just be able to turn the tide of the battle. Strenghtening his resolve, Tallen gathered as much Essence as he dared risk, and unleashed a flurry of blows at the erstwhile Captain.

Tallen leapt as he neared tha captain, allowing his momentum and weight to add power to his first blow, which he follpwed up with a sweeping slash at the captain's body, before finishing his attacks with a desperate lunge at where he envisiaged the heart to be.

OOC

Right, before I detail the attacks, I thought I should let you guys know that when calculating my PDV, I missed out the magical material bonus, so my DV is one point lower than it actually is. That's fixed now, though.

Spending 1 wp to activate my combo again.
Also, Tallen is flurrying three attacks against the captain.
First attack is augemented with one die from First Melee Excellency, 2 dice to the second, three dice to the third.
First Attacks [roll0]
Second Attack [roll1]
Third Attack [roll2]

If I get any stunts I use them for extra motes.

Personal Essence Remanining: 6/22
Peripheral Essence Remaining: 47/47
Willpower Remaining: 8/10
DV: 7

Tavar
2010-12-26, 11:22 PM
Ichor falling from the wound, the Captain falls back swinging his terrible claws once more, but it's easy to see it's not as easy for him as it was before.

Attack on Quick[roll0]
Tick 4:
Tick 14:Via, Quick
Tick 15:Caera
Tick 16: Rem

Tackyhillbillu
2010-12-27, 08:27 PM
Quick

Quick smiled as the claws struck at her. She was trying to draw attention, after all. She would shield Via with her body, if she had to. A smile quirked her face at the thought.

One of many things I might do to Via with my body...

"Woah there, big boy."

Quick stepped into the blow, bestial arms reaching out to grab the claws, locking on to his wrists and attempting to push him back. Her War Form, still strangely attractive even as it was, smiled.

"If you wanted a dance, all you had to do was ask."

1 Die Stunt needed to block the attack, waiting for results.

Lucus Casius
2010-12-29, 05:38 AM
Via's mind recovered from the spell-casting, her thoughts drifting back into the necessary reality as the sorcery faded, floor still littered with its sharp, dark remnants.

With a single movement of her arms and flick of her wrists, her war fans were drawn and ready, just as she had been taught. An uncharacteristic, almost fierce gleam came into her eyes as she saw the Captain still attacking her mate, who was doing her utmost to protect the Solar. Quick always had been there for her, even when Via had been no more than a little girl living in her estate. Admittedly, the older woman had always been working on some business with her parents, and Via had been expressly ordered by her parents not to disturb them when they were having their sessions.

Now that her parents were dead, Quick was the closest person Via had left in the world. Even her mentor, though ever kind and ever a friend to the young sorceress, couldn't compare. Via may have had no idea how her Lunar actually felt about her, but she did know how she felt. She wouldn't let Quick be harmed for her sake again.

The Crane is not an aggressive animal, true. But as Via adopted the form stance of the style, the urge to leap forward and defend her mate sprang into her mind.

She acted upon it. Ducking past Quick, the small woman leapt at the captain, almost out of nowhere. Her hand arced with blinding speed, the razor edge of her deceivingly delicate fan slashing at him, hoping to bring him down before he could hurt the Lunar.

So, flurrying draw weapon, activating form charm, and a single attack.

Cut the Monster to Ribbons! [roll0]

Essence
Peripheral: 11/48 (18 Committed)

Defenses
Dodge DV 2
Parry DV 7

Tavar
2010-12-29, 05:20 PM
The clawed hand swings, but misses, only taking some fur. Quick does manage to push him off balance, though, and while he's unsteady Via manages to land a telling blow. He's still up, but it's obvious through sheer force of will now.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-12-29, 07:54 PM
Quick

Quick smiled at the Guard Captain, the charming nature of the expression marred by the teeth it revealed. She chuckled, and took her position guarding Via once more.

"I think you are done dancing."

Guard Other Action on Via, same as normal.

Tavar
2011-01-03, 09:08 AM
Descending, Swift Ending cuts a long gash across the captain's misshapen body. Like previous attacks it isn't deep, but the sheer number of injuries compensates for their light severity. The Captain collapses, slowly returning to his human form. You can easily see that he's still breathing, but you doubt he's going to get up anytime soon.

With the noise of battle fading, you hear running in the distance, and then many more mortal guards appear. These guards are different, though. For one thing, they stop, mouths agape, once they see the scene before them. Looking around, it's easy to see why. The spell may have eliminated most of the combatants, but it's aftereffects are very noticeable. Glass butterflies litter the ground, mixing in with blood and ichor from the combatants. Every surface in the room is gouged with deep lines, and many of the victims of the spell look less like bodies and more like sacks of meat. Including the Lord.

Wh-wh-what happened here?

horngeek
2011-01-03, 02:16 PM
Caera turns, sheathing her sword. "Raksha happened here. The Lord of this town was one of the Fair Folk, using it for whatever his twisted schemes were.

I imagine this was why no one above a certain age is present in the town. But now, this town has to move past that. You are still here. You still survive. Many things have to be done here. A leader has to be picked, the armies have to be dealt with. Strength of arms with not prevail so much as strength of will and cunning in this. But I believe... this town has what it takes.

You. Will. Survive."

Charisma+Performance, with the Inspiring Speeches specialty. No Excellencies to this one, I don't want to reveal myself as Anathema.

[roll0]

Not sure what Appearance bonuses I get here, since I don't know the difference between my Appearance and that of the guard. :smallsmile:

Tavar
2011-01-03, 08:35 PM
You killed them? You Actually Killed them!
The joy on the guards faces is self-evident. Then comes a torrent of words, only snatches of which are understandable. they took our families hostage Some resistedthen the younger townspeople. them being 'tastier'. Who are you? What do you want?

horngeek
2011-01-03, 10:58 PM
Caera looks from side to side, noticing that several of her companions, also, are Exalted and noticeably so.

She thinks. These people do not seem unhappy that their masters are dead, for obvious reason. But... we did take away the leadership here. Even if none of the others will, I, at least, have to make sure they have new leaders who will rule well.

And several of my companions have revealed themselves already.

The Caste Mark of the Zenith Caste flares to life on her brow, as she looks at them. "I cannot speak for all the others. But I can speak for myself. I am Caera, the Golden Hawk. Chosen of the Unconquered Sun, a Zenith Caste and one of his priestesses. I am not, as some would believe, Anathema. As for my wishes...

I wish to fulfill my obligations. I had a hand in killing your leader- as bad as he was- and that means I have an obligation to help you recover. I will keep that obligation. I ask you keep our nature secret in return, that the Wyld Hunt is not brought down on this city. But I will not abandon you to this!

Together, you can recover. Together, you can become GREAT again!"

Caera's caste mark burns brightly, and her words resonate in the space, leaving an impression in the hearts and minds of others...

but it is up to her companions as well.

Charisma+Performance, again with the one dot specialty, and with three successes of the Second Performance Excellency. Currently flaring anima at the 3-7 mote level.

[roll0]

Tavar
2011-01-05, 07:45 PM
Your words strike a cord, and the men begin to cheer. Their nightmare is finally over.
Hurrah

At this point, Lydia pokes her head out of her hiding place, and seeing that the danger is finally over, she runs out, almost tackling Caera around the knees.

The sight seems to darken the mood, with fear. What for isn't obvious, until a guard steps forward.
Um...Caera-I mean, Golden Hawk-I mean---Ma'm, it's been weeks since we've seen our families. They're kept in his former lordship's harem, along with the other hostages. Could we, um, go see em?
He points out a door set behind the throne, and while it's ornate workings are heavily damaged by the spell, the door itself still stands.

Okay, just to point out, both the Fey and the Captain are still alive. The Fey is slowly dying, and the Captain is just unconscious.

horngeek
2011-01-06, 05:26 AM
"All right. I'll come with you, just in case there are more guards of his. Lydia, stay behind me, all right?"

Caera turns to her erstwhile allies. "While I'm doing that, I'd be grateful if you could check on those we defeated."

Tavar
2011-01-08, 10:45 PM
Heading over to the door, you pull it open easily enough. The previous owners must have considered the throne-room guards security enough. Going inside, you find yourself traveling down a long hallway, going down into the earth. Finally you come to a set of gilded doors, with the locks bashed in. Inside is, well, it's certainly nice enough accommodations. A bit on the frilly side, but that almost seems standard for harems. More unusual is the sheer amount of people of various ages inside. The great majority are young, but there are some of all ages, and genders as well. Silent as well, but considering what would normally be coming through these doors, that's not surprising. They all stare at you, and you swear you could hear a pin drop.

Those guards with families eagerly peel off, happy to be reunited with them, while others go and spread part of the news in town. There are still a few guards that remain after those two groups leave, and one nervously approaches the remaining exalted.
So... who are you? And what do you want with Riva?

Tackyhillbillu
2011-01-09, 02:37 PM
Quick

Quick yawned loudly, smiling as she did so. She was booooooooooooored. Quick wasn't much of a fighter.

The other option is so much more fun!

And now they wanted to know what they were doing here. Quick didn't really know. Via and Herald choose the direction. For all Quick knew they could be wandering randomly. Quick came up behind Via, enfolding the Solar in her arms.

"Why are we here, Via?"

Knowing the Solar was normally retralciant, Quick began to tickle her lightly, her hands knowing all of Via's weak points.

DrakeRaids
2011-01-09, 05:15 PM
He had seen what fae could do, the victims of their predication. A few less in this world could only be for the best. Herald stepped behind his allies, openly bleeding, rather badly too, but beyond that he seemed intact. The wound was already closing, but the damaged tendons and muscles would take longer to heal, he would be moving with a limp for a while, it looked like. He played a short cord on his guitar, one of comfort and safety.

"We want to make Creation a little safer. A little happier." He glanced over at Via and quick, and eyebrow arched, "And it looks like this place could use it. Shall we stay a while, and put things in order here? Maybe put on a little show later to cheer these peoples spirits?"

Lucus Casius
2011-01-09, 07:10 PM
Via had planned to let Herald answer their questions, as he usually did. The Twilight had always been uncomfortable when speaking with strangers, except when playing her music, so it was simpler just to let Quick or the Zenith handle it. She had gotten better in recent years, but...

This line of thought was interrupted by Quick, as she wrapped her arms around the young Solar and began tickling her. Via tried to get away, but her initial attempts proved fruitless, as she doubled up, giggling.

"S- Hahahhehehehahe! S-stop hahehehaha! Amaaaa, stop tickling me!"

She finally managed to squirm away from her mate, blushing. Turning her head, she glanced nervously at the guards, then inched closer to the bunny-woman that was Quick, hoping she wouldn't try to tickle her again. Via liked the Lunar, but she did do some odd things when Via was around.

"I-it's just wandering, for now, I think," Via whispered. "Herald w-wanted to come by this way, and I didn't see a problem with it..."

horngeek
2011-01-09, 07:18 PM
Caera looks at them. "You are free, and the old leader of this city is defeated. Please, follow me in an orderly manner. I don't want anyone crushed."

Then, she will lead them up. To freedom.

To their families.

Tavar
2011-01-12, 01:40 PM
With the Hostages
Most of the people are eager to leave, and soon a solid stream is heading up towards the throne room. While they pass you, many reach out to touch you, to confirm this is real, that a savior has actually come. A couple pockets remain in the room, though, moving forward in fits and jerks, with several hostages surrounding only a few people in the middle.

In the Throne Room
Already small groups of hostages have reached the throne room, where they begin mingling with the guards present, milling around somewhat aimlessly. Their main problem seems to be the debris from the battle, not wanting to walk over the glass shard, or to touch the ichor of the unconscious fae. Some guards have already gone to fetch brooms to clear the debris, and also bind the Fae.

The guards who have been talking to you, which by their uniforms seem to be some sort of commanders, seem some what befuddled by your actions and responses, and eventually one gathers up the nerve to speak.
Very well. But what do you want right now? To address the city? To gather the council? Speak with the bureaucratic? The Priests?

Locnil
2011-01-14, 09:28 AM
Tallen, who had been following the other Exalts throughout, without saying a word, suddenly spoke up.

"Before anything else, I must say I do not agree that simply walking in and saying "Hey, I killed your ruler, that means this is my kingdom now" is what anyone should do. For one, it sets a dangerous precedent. Of course, there is the simple fact that as Solars - Except for you, of course Tallen made an awkward nod to the Lunar - there is simply no one better to rule. That said, we should have a care we do not become despots. Tallen involuntarily shuddered as he remembered the apocryphal accounts of the First Age Solars.

"With that in mind, we should gather all the leaders of this city, that are still sane and that we can find, for a quick conference that we can discuss what we will do with this city before announcing ourselves to the people. By now, rumors will be flying all around the city, and we should put them to rest as soon as possible."

After a moment's hesitation, Tallen speaks up yet again. 'By the way, I do not believe we have introduced ourselves yet. I am Rem Tallen, a former merchant, now scholar, at your service.' Tallen recited the customary greeting in a formal tone.

horngeek
2011-01-16, 12:41 AM
"I agree. Indeed, if anyone among these people can and is willing to rule, I would prefer that. But I will not leave them leaderless, either.

My name's Caera, and this is Lydia, my daughter."

DrakeRaids
2011-01-18, 12:37 AM
"Get a few of the craftsman and beggers off the street too. Lets hear how what they have to see matches up with the Officials." Herald said, still stroking his instrument slightly, playing soft tunes. He was afraid the 'Keep what you kill' precedent was something that had existed long before them, but he saw no reason to speak up against the idealist man. Maybe they could do some good here, or at the very least prevent any more fae from taking hold. "My name is Herald if you wish to know. Herald of Encroaching Dawn."

Tavar
2011-01-19, 01:05 AM
Throne Room
Sweepers come, and quickly clear the sorceress detritus away, allowing the hostages to finally leave. Crossing the floor, most take the time to spit on the remains of their former Lord, but shy away from the unconscious but bound fae. Soon the room is crowded with the sounds of joyful reunions, and the spokesman for the guard suggests moving the discussion to the council chambers.

Several groups of guards peel off at this point, setting off to round up the men and women you've asked for, but for most of the council this isn't needed. Upon entering the council chambers, you find what you assume are the nations councilors chained to chairs with bonds of some wyld-shaped chain. They're settled haphazardly around the room, and you notice several stained, empty sets of chains, too. The tiered seating they're on looks down upon a map of the surrounding area, set into the floor. The tiers are only arranged in a half circle, though, facing what appears to be the lord's place across the map from them, on a raised dais.

Entering from behind the dais, the chained men's eyes instantly snap towards you, first in dread anticipation of the new horrors to be visited upon them, then ecstatic relief as they realize their salvation. An eerie counterpoint is made by their cheers and cries of joy by the almost statuesque appearance of the guards flanking the door. If you had not just fought several of them in the throne room, you would think they were statues in truth. They make no move as you enter, and soon your little party is standing around the dais. A quick cough, and the spokesman again speaks up.

Well, um, lords-orGod Kings. These are some of the councilors, and I'm not sure we'll find any more of them. There's Lord Sogpa, head of the treasury, Lord Dolphin, current head of the army, Lord Azure Mist, head of civil works, and Lord Copper Hunter, head of the postmen.
This last name was said with some import.

In case I'm not clear, the room looks like this (http://piandao.org/screencaps/ep39/ep39-103.png), but with tiered seats on one side of the map, like in a college lecture room, and with the other side being an ornate throne/desk combo thing. Only 3-4 tiers of stadium seating.

Also, by now, one scene has passed.

horngeek
2011-01-20, 12:59 AM
"Get the chains off them."

Tavar
2011-01-20, 03:55 PM
Right, m'lady.
Spurned into action, he waves a couple of his men towards the councilors, drawing his own iron knife. The bonds look sturdy enough, but against their foe metal, they part as if simple paper. Soon, the councilors are getting stiffly up, stretching their limbs to shake off their weariness. The blank-faced guards look on with no reaction.

Lord Dolphin is the first to speak, first going to one knee, in a formal bow, and looking up at you.
Thank you for rescuing us, Honored Ones. I take it the fae and that coward of a Lord are dead?

Locnil
2011-01-24, 03:57 PM
"The Fae is now our prisoner.", Tallen informed the noble. "Furthermore," Tallen stole a quick glance at the other Exalts. "Your previous ruler now, thanks to the Fae, is no longer quite sane. As such, we will be taking over stewardship of this city. Whether it shall be a temporary arrangement or a permanent one remains to be seen. If you have any questions about our intent, I believe my companions will do a better job of answering them." Tallen turned to the rest of the circle. "We should question the Fae as well. There's always the chance that he wasn't acting alone, and has more allies hidden within the city." As he re-took his place behind the other exalts, he turned towards one of the servants nervously standing by, and gestured for the servant to approach him.

Tavar
2011-01-25, 02:16 AM
If you've actually taken care of the noble and his guard, then there shouldn't be much more. Twelve goblins or so, but the guard is plenty capable of taking care of them. Could have taken care of the noble and guard, too, if the lord hadn't let them get hostages fi-
While he spoke, Dolphin became increasingly irate, before Copper put his hand one Dolphin's shoulder.
Calm down, my friend. It's over. Thank you again, honored ones. And if you are serious about taking over this realm, we can hardly stand against you. Truth be told, it would be something of a relief. We're sorely pressed on all sides. I for one would be honored to assist you, Princes of the Earth. Ask, and we will answer to the best of our abilities.

The other men in the room nod their agreement, though Sogpa seems more hesitant than most.

The servant approaches.

Locnil
2011-01-25, 05:27 AM
Again, Tallen wondered what kind of authority Lord Copper Hunter could possibly derive from being in charge of the postmen, that the others took their cue from him. He supposed that he would find out soon enough. Turning to face the servant, he lowered his voice that he could speak discreetly. 'I entered this city along with a dozen thaumaturges, along with a handful of soldiers I hired to guard the caravan. In my absence, a thaumaturge by the name of Therom should have taken charge. I need you to find them and bring them to me. If the soldiers that 'escorted' me was to believed, they should be somewhere near this palace. Here, take this for your troubles." he finished, slipping the servant several dinars as he resumed his place.

horngeek
2011-01-25, 05:53 AM
Caera nods. "I believe the first thing to do would be to review the military situation. No matter what else, this city can't recover if it's caught between warring armies."

She also resolves to ask about the status of postmen at the first opportunity.

Tavar
2011-01-25, 12:19 PM
Yes, my lord. With a bow, the servant departs.

Meanwhile, Lord Dolphin moves over to the map, ordering the various symbols on the map.

We've been out of the loop for about a week, but here's the situation at that time. We still control Riva, the capital, and Kalarus, which is 10 miles up the river, on the south shore. We've lost the other cities, though, and while we still control the land around Riva and Kalarus, raids are increasingly common and bold. I don't think it's going to get worse, though. The alliance facing us is fragmenting, trying to decide which one is actually going to get our land. I don't think that they're actually going to come to blows, but you never know. More likely is the alliance simply fragmenting, splitting the land they've conquered up between them, and ignoring us.

As for our military, well, it's in a bad shape. The Lord of Steel and Ivory, our bet military commander, led the lions share of our army out to join with our supposed allies. Of course, it turns out that they weren't. Now he and our most elite set of troops are dead, and what's left of the army is more of a leaderless mob than anything else. I think that about sums it up.

Tavar
2011-01-28, 03:40 PM
The postmaster, a dour, older man, seeming to have suffered more under the treatment than the others, takes this opportunity to cut in.You forgot the part where if they don't get paid soon, they'll revert to simple banditry.

The treasurer, a relatively pudgy man who seems to have lost little weight over his imprisonment, counters the dour news. Looking closely, you'd swear the man's eyes actually twinkled.
Well, I don't think that's quite the problem you make it out to be. We have the money, luckily enough. Not much more, after pay, but unless something's changed, that fey thing didn't mess with the money, too much work, so that's one thing in our favor.

DrakeRaids
2011-01-28, 11:51 PM
"Restoring moral is a specialty of ours," Herald said lightly, and it was true, he expect they could keep the soldiers in line with just a few well placed words, if it came to that. "Keeping them happy shouldn't be to hard, but keeping them fed, thats another. What does the supply situation look like?" It was true, all of there problems paled if they died of starvation before they could tackle them.

Locnil
2011-01-29, 01:10 AM
Tallen examined the map in great detail as the others spoke. As Herald finished speaking, he raised another query. "Well, at least that's two problems taken care of, for now. Still, we need more information than that. Which countries were still allied against Riva a week ago, and do we have any allies, potential or actual?""

horngeek
2011-01-29, 01:13 AM
"I can also aid in raising morale. What relationships does the city have with the local gods? If any have good relationships with Riva, we may be able to get them to give her some aid."

Tavar
2011-01-29, 03:18 PM
There isn't an alliance against us. Not any more. Hell, as long as we don't weaken further, I doubt most of the smaller nations are going to be interested in attacking us; even with the war we're stronger and richer than them. They were only vultures, coming on the heels of Eddis, Attolia, and Sounis. And now those three have splintered over who gets what of the conquered land. Regarding our allies... Eddis was an ally, but that's not true anymore. The rest, well, they'd be willing to ally with us, for their own gain, and only as long as we were winning. We do have rather friendly relations with people up and down the river, but it's more neutral than anything else. They won't hamper us, but the have precious little aid to give.

Azure Mist speaks up, a whipcord thin man, balding in his age, with the air of a distracted teacher about him. The supply situation is actually not that bad. We still have a significant surplus of food in the capital, and the army isn't that lacking, either. Again, the problem was the Fae was simply disinterested in dealing with running the country, not a lack of resources.

Regarding the gods, well, we have very good relations with Winding Serpent, the god of the river, as well as Glorious Dawning and Swift Wind, our cities gods. There are also many lesser gods spread throughout the land, of course, but they're generally rather weak. More to the point, only Winding Serpent is powerful in combat, and she's disinterested in us. Much like Lord Hunter said, she's not against us or for us. She just is.

horngeek
2011-01-29, 11:11 PM
"Why did Eddis turn against you?"

Tavar
2011-01-30, 12:24 AM
We're not sure. I think it's greed, but we don't know for certain yet.

Locnil
2011-02-01, 02:59 AM
"Tell me more about the governments of those cities." Tallen was as surprised as anyone at the newfound tone of authority he had. "Also, gods aside, what other notable supernatural beings are known to live around here? God-Blooded, Dragon-Blooded, particularly powerful ghosts, or more?"

Tavar
2011-02-01, 12:25 PM
Eddis and Attolia are monachies, while Sounis is ruled by a council of Aldermen. At a surprised look from Lord Hunter, Lord Dolphin snorts. What? I do sometimes read those reports you send me. As for supernatural beings, Sounis has some sort of god-blooded, and Eddis has an outcaste Terrestial. There are undoubtedly others there now, but they'd be much the same as you were; wanders, without firm allegiances.

Locnil
2011-02-02, 09:45 AM
"Firm enemies of Riva, or can they be persuaded to become allies, or at least agree to peace? Also, how strong are they, militarily and economically speaking? Do they have any other allies or ties to powerful kingdoms like Lookshy that we should be aware of? Lastly, what of supernatural beings within this kingdom? " Tallen finally paused the flurry of questions."Also, someone should probably ascertain if Kalarus is still within our dominion, and inform them of our new...status... if they are."

Tavar
2011-02-02, 11:40 AM
Besides the outcaste and god-blooded, none of them are firmly allied with any nation. Simply mercenaries. And, well, all three nations were on the rise both militarily and economically, but they're squandering it with their squabbles. At best though, they'll simply remain slightly stronger, with all three acting as a counter-balance. At worst, one will swallow most of the wealth, and become significantly stronger. The former is more likely, though.

And everyone in the area is part of the Confederate of Rivers, but that won't effect internal relations. Attolia has some ties to the Guild, but that's more of a weakness than a strength.

As for supernaturals here...besides the gods there is a monastery of sorts, but it stands alone. That's all for permanent residents. There are probably some others moving through, but they haven't announced themselves, and honestly, we don't mind that.

Tavar
2011-02-06, 10:27 PM
A knock, and for the first time since you've been in here the guards move, opening the door. Outside are some normal guards, standing with an assortment of riffraff from the streets, along with one of Tallen's thaumaturge. Seeing his lord, this one approaches.
Tallen, thank goodness. We heard the battle, but the guards were all around us. Then this one came, and ordered them to release us. What happened? What's wrong with those men?

horngeek
2011-02-06, 10:39 PM
Carea looks up, and then across at Tallen.

She remains silent, letting him answer.

Locnil
2011-02-07, 09:52 AM
"Well... Tallen trailed off, uncomfortably aware of several pairs of eyes on him." I supposed their mental health could probably be excused on the grounds that they were enchanted by a Fae. Also, the lord, or rather, former lord of this city had been ensnared by that very same Fae, whom we killed, slaying the lord in the process. Therefore, we were proclaimed the new rulers of this city, and are in the middle of getting this mess sorted out." Tallem summarised, trusting in Therom's ability to fill in the gaps. "And before you ask, by "we" I mean the ones with whom I dealt with the Fae and his minions. Turning, leaving Therom staring at him, he gestured at the other exalts. "Turns out, I'm not quite the only Ana... the only Solar in this city." Tallen made his way over to the other exalts. "Allow me to introduce you. This is Therom, my right-hand man, so as to speak, and this is Caera and her daughter Lydia, and Herald of the Encroaching Dawn." Tallen looked curiously at the sorceress and the terrifying shapeshifter. "And I didn't quite get your names, I'm afraid."

Lucus Casius
2011-02-10, 11:32 PM
Via had been listening quietly to the others as they spoke, not being one to jump into discussions like this. She had been utterly shocked when it was suggested that they would become the new rulers of this country, especially considering its condition. They had just been passing through... and now were expected to lead a tiny nation against overwhelming odds. Even for a Solar, it was a daunting task.

Via shrank behind her mate as she was addressed by Tallen, but managed an answer. "I... I'm Via Fortiori. T-this is my... this is Quick."