PDA

View Full Version : Policeman saves man from being hit by a train

Inhuman Bot
2010-12-05, 11:10 PM
I have no idea how to elaborate on this aside from saying that cop is ballsy. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11917279\)

Serpentine
2010-12-05, 11:13 PM
You need to remove the slash from the end.
I've gotta say, good on that man who did it, but... what the hell was everyone else doing?! If someone had reacted quicker, it wouldn't have been "just in the nick of time", it would've been "with plenty of time to spare"!

Haruki-kun
2010-12-06, 12:14 AM
You need to remove the slash from the end.
I've gotta say, good on that man who did it, but... what the hell was everyone else doing?! If someone had reacted quicker, it wouldn't have been "just in the nick of time", it would've been "with plenty of time to spare"!

Yes, but then they'd be risking their own lives. Sure, they had time, but it's still pretty scary.

That cop is badass. :smallcool:

Lady Moreta
2010-12-06, 01:54 AM
Urgh, video is taking too long to load, I'll wait til I get home from work.

But agreed, that is very impressive.

Temotei
2010-12-06, 02:03 AM
Darn people not doing anything productive. That cop was like, "I'm going to casually stride over and lift the man HERE. WAS THAT SO HARD, PEOPLE?"

:smallsigh:

It makes me happy that the guy was saved. He shouldn't have been drinking so heavily that he would fall onto a train track, though. :smallyuk:

Dr.Epic
2010-12-06, 04:26 AM
Anyone else getting 404?:smallconfused:

Aiani
2010-12-06, 04:55 AM
Anyone else getting 404?:smallconfused:

Yeah I got that too when I clicked on the link. I ended up just copying the actual address from the link and taking the slash off the end. Then I was able to go to the site.

Anyway that is a crazy video. Reminds of when I was young and I saw a cop grab a small child from the path of an oncoming car. I know the people in the video were probably panicking and not thinking clearly but they are kind of silly for thinking that waving at the oncoming train would help. I can't think of any train that could stop that fast. Hell, 18 wheelers can't stop very fast and a train is many times larger than a big truck.

Melayl
2010-12-06, 01:31 PM
That cop is badass. :smallcool:
Most cops are. I think it comes with the territory when you risk your life for other people on a daily basis.

Eloel
2010-12-06, 03:44 PM
I have no idea how to elaborate on this aside from saying that cop is ballsy. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11917279)

Here is a fixed link.

AstralFire
2010-12-06, 04:41 PM
I wonder if he trained his whole life for this moment.

Keld Denar
2010-12-06, 04:48 PM
I wonder if he trained his whole life for this moment.

Pun-sensors tingling...ability to resist follow-up pun...failing...must...not...

:smallcool:
He's lucky that train didn't catch him in the caboose.

Being that close to death really would have really derailed me.

That drunk guy really needs to get his life back on track.

And I thought my DM was bad about railroading.

That police officer is loco(motive).

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Kallisti
2010-12-06, 06:15 PM
Pun-sensors tingling...ability to resist follow-up pun...failing...must...not...

He's lucky that train didn't catch him in the caboose.

Being that close to death really would have really derailed me.

That drunk guy really needs to get his life back on track.

And I thought my DM was bad about railroading.

That police officer is loco(motive).

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Dude! Calm down! No need to derail the thread railing about puns.

Thrawn183
2010-12-06, 09:06 PM
Yeah, those bystanders has plenty of time to do something. It was only as close as it was because none of them would drop down and walk a whole twenty feet to help the guy. Disgusting that it took as long as it did.

Tirian
2010-12-06, 09:15 PM
The thirty year-old police officer makes that look like an easy thing to do. If someone else had tried to do it, there might well have been more than one fatality.

Silverraptor
2010-12-06, 11:19 PM
I really find it funny how all the people are just waving their hands like that. It looks more like they're just waving "Hi" to the train. Its almost just as comical that the police officer just "Walks" out there onto the tracks to pull the man to safety.:smallbiggrin:

Mercenary Pen
2010-12-06, 11:29 PM
We always got taught in schools "Don't go onto the railway lines. If someone, something falls down, get a member of railway staff."

Ego Slayer
2010-12-07, 12:07 AM
Saw this on the news yesterday or whatever and for some reason it struck a good feeling in me (I'm not usually phased by "today's heroic act" new stories). I guess just thinking for a second that a single person's death was prevented by someone else who themselves could have been harmed in helping them just added a point back into my ever lessening faith in humanity.

Lady Moreta
2010-12-07, 12:12 AM
Now that I've actually seen the video, I am very impressed. Especially with how casually he walked out there.