PDA

View Full Version : patfinder cavalier 1/ inquisitor X uber charger=broken?

doctor_wu
2010-12-06, 11:36 AM
I have been thinking about making this character but my brother says it is broken.
Race: human

feats:
1st: power attack
1h: mounted combat
1tacticain: lookout
3rd: ride by attack
4thteamwork: change to outflank at 5th level.
5th: spirited charge
7th: boon companion more levels for mount.
1st level take cavalier
for +1 bab power attack lance proficiency can wear mithral full plate later tacticain teamwork feat and
inquistor for initiative skills and spells

20 point buy +2 to strength
str: 18
dex: 12
con:14
Int: 10
Wis: 15
cha: 7
4th level improvement going into wisdom.

traits:
reactionary +2 init
focused mind +2 concentration.
I know I cannot use my judgement in the same round I charge though but I end up with spells and a full mount advancment at higher levels.
In suprise rounds with solo tactics I get to act if anyone else can act. Oh and at 5 level I can change my teamwork feat to outflank to help someone else get sneak attack and get a +4 bonus to hit when flanking. I also get a bonus of judgement and some buff spells as well.
Is this a one trick pony still? like some people think uber chargers are?

Tael
2010-12-06, 12:24 PM
Heh, if your brother thinks that is broken, he really needs to read some more online builds. What is even good about it? The fact that you do x3 damage on a charge? That can be accomplished by 1 level in fighter.

doctor_wu
2010-12-06, 12:45 PM
I get X3 damage on the charge, 6 levels of spells, 7 skill points per inquistor level
, judgement ability, bane later on if I do not have room to charge. Also my mount gets light armor proficiency for free.

I was using the lance two handed on the charge power attacking. for truly massive damages like 2d8+18 at first level.

Tael
2010-12-06, 12:56 PM
I get X3 damage on the charge, 6 levels of spells, 7 skill points per inquistor level
, judgement ability, bane later on if I do not have room to charge. Also my mount gets light armor proficiency for free.

I was using the lance two handed on the charge power attacking. for truly massive damages like 2d8+18 at first level.

The Inquisitor is basically a nerfed Cleric, especially how you use it. I see no reason for the level of Cavalier either, as your mount will be about as good as one you buy, and it's other features are level dependent. Like I said before, Spirited charge + Lance can be done by anyone with 3 feats, your build is nothing special.