PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] The Warfare Grandmaster Prc [PEACH]

zagan
2010-12-06, 12:26 PM
WARFARE GRANDMASTER

Warfare Grandmaster are almost literal avatar of war, they wield weapon with deadly grace and can adapt to almost any situation.

BECOMING A WARFARE GRANDMASTER
The easiest path to become a Warfare grandmaster is by taking level in fighter and they are those that benefit the most from the ability granted by the class. Other class with a martial bent such as Barbarian or Ranger could also enter but they would need to invest almost all their feat doing so and may be forced to enter later.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
BaB: +8
Saves: Fort +6
Feats: At least five feats from the fighter bonus feat list.

Class Skills
The Warfare Grandmaster's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Ride (Dex), Swim (Str).
Skills Points at Each Level: 2 + int

Hit Dice: d10

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Master expertise

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Warfare ability

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Warfare ability

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Warfare ability

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Grandmaster Adaptation

[/table]

Weapon Proficiencies: A Warfare Grandmaster is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light) and shields (including tower shields).

Master expertise (Ex): You gain a virtual bonus equal to your class to all your ability score, this bonus only apply for the purpose of meeting feat prerequisite. This mean that a Fighter 8/Warfare Grandmaster 2 with a Strength of 11 could take the Power attack feat. In addition your level in Warfare Grandmaster stack with your fighter level, if any, for the purpose of meeting feat prerequisite.

Warfare ability (Ex): At second level you gain a warfare ability. You must select the ability when you gains the level, and once select, the choice cannot later be changed. Unless otherwise noted you can’t select the same ability more than once. You gain another warfare ability at 3rd and 4th level.

Avoid reactive attack: Once per round as an immediate action when you provoke an attack of opportunity you can choose to have it miss you regardless of the result of the attacking creature attack roll.

Concentrate attack: When making a full attack action you can choose to forgo any number of iterative attack offered by an high base attack bonus to gain a +4 bonus on attack and damage roll with the remaining attack. For example a Fighter 11/Warfare Grandmaster 5 would have a base attack bonus of +16 allowing him to make at least four attack during a full attack at respectively +16/+11/+6/+1 base attack bonus. With this ability he could forgo the last two attack to gain a +8 bonus to attack and damage roll on the other two attack. This ability does not allow you to forgo attack made with secondary weapon, either offhand or natural, or from effect such as haste. Only iterative attack can be lost to grant the bonus, but the bonus provide will apply to those bonus attack.

Combined weapon magic: As a swift action when wielding a magical weapon in your main hand and a weapon with at most a +1 enhancement bonus in your offhand, you can copy up to half the total value of enhancement bonus and/or special property from the main weapon on the offhand weapon, the property transferred must be legally applicable to the weapon and if you transfer an ability that as a limit number of use per day, using it reduce the number of use from the main weapon by the same number. This last until the start of your next turn. For example if you wield in you main hand a +1 shocking frost flaming dagger in your main hand and a masterwork dagger in your offhand you can grant the masterwork dagger magical property equivalent to +2, making it a +1 flaming dagger for example.

Double reactive attack: Each time you make an attack of opportunity you may make a second attack against the same target at a -5 penality on the attack roll. This only count as one Attack of Opportunity for the round.

Firm hand: When wielding one handed weapon with only one hand you can treat it as if you were wielding it with two hand. This mean that you can apply 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus to damage rolls for melee attacks with the weapon and this also mean that when using the power attack feat (or similar ability) you can gain twice the penality on attack roll as a bonus on damage roll.
Improved weapon: Any weapon you wield deal damage as if it was one size category larger.

Increase benefit: All feat from the fighter bonus feat list that you posses that grant a static bonus to any of the following check or roll increase by 1. This include, attack roll, armor class, ability check, damage roll, saves and skill check. Static bonus are bonus that apply whenever you make any of those rolls or checks, not bonus that depend on a decision on your part, the bonus wouldn’t apply to Power attack but it would to weapon focus for example. You can take this ability multiple time the bonus stack.

Pounce: You gain the Pounce special ability. This allow you to make a full attack at the end of a charge.

Saving attack: A number of time per day equal to your Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma modifier, chosen at the time this ability is gained, as an immediate action you can make an attack roll in place of a Fortitude, Reflex or Will saves with the weapon you are currently wielding or an unarmed strike is you don’t
have one in hand. You use the result of the attack roll to determine the saves success.

Skillful attack: A number of time per day equal to your Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma modifier, chosen at the time this ability is gained, as an immediate action you can make an attack roll in place of a skill check with the weapon you are currently wielding or an unarmed strike is you don’t
have one in hand. You use the result of the attack roll to determine the check success, you can only use this ability on check that require less than 1 minutes to execute.

Spot weakness: If you successfully hit a creature with a weapon you wield, until the end of the encounter that weapon overcome the creature Damage reduction and/or Regeneration but only if it exist a way to overcome them. This ability does not allow you to overcome DR/- and Regeneration with no weakness.

Reactive Shield: As a swift action at the start of your turn when wielding a shield you can forgo any number of attack of opportunity you could have made until the start of your next turn, minimum 1 more if you posses the combat reflex feat. For each attack of opportunity lost in this way you gain a +2 cumulative shield bonus to AC until the start of your next turn.

War skill: When gaining this ability choose two skills from the following list, these skill become permanently class skill for you. The list include: Balance, Escape Artist, Heal, Hide, Knowledge (Geography, History or Local), Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival or Tumble. Skill points expended in the chosen skills before gaining this ability are treated as expended on class skills retroactively up to the point this ability was gained; thus, if the you spent 4 skill points on Listen as a Fighter, took two level in Warfare Grandmaster, and then gained this ability and chose Listen as one your two skill, you would have 4 ranks instead of 2 ranks in that skill. In addition you gain two additional skill point per level (even level of other class) that can only be spent on the chosen skills. This ability can be taken multiple time each time choosing different skills.

Grandmaster Adaptation (Ex): Twice per day by taking 10 minutes to meditate you can chose any number of feat from the fighter bonus feat list gain as bonus feat from level in any class and exchange them for any other feat from the fighter bonus feat list if you would able been able to select it, if the class that granted you bonus feat only offer only feat from a specific list you can only exchange feat that are from the fighter bonus feat list. You must met the prerequisite of any and feat you exchange both now and at the level the feat was gained, but taking into account your Master Expertise ability even if you didn’t have it when the feat was gained. If exchanging one or more of your feat in this way mean that you no longer meet the prerequisite for other feat, prestige class or other effect, you lose all benefit from those effects until you meet their prerequisites once again.

CREDIT:
T.G. Oskar for his inspiration in the wording of the War skill ability.

DESIGNER NOTE: This class is intended primarily for fighter, it’s not supposed to be a fix but more an extension of the class. I would like your opinion on the ability given and if you have any suggestion for more Warfare ability ?
It wasn’t proofread so I apologized for any error.

Realms of Chaos
2010-12-07, 01:51 AM
*Mouth opens and closes silently a couple times*

Wow. I was thinking about making almost the exact same thing just the other day and you did it far better than my initial designs. Nice to see martial classes getting some nice things.

zagan
2010-12-07, 08:29 AM
*Mouth opens and closes silently a couple times*

Wow. I was thinking about making almost the exact same thing just the other day and you did it far better than my initial designs. Nice to see martial classes getting some nice things.

Glad you like it, I had the idea for some time, but just recently found the time to make it.

dragonfan6490
2010-12-07, 03:39 PM
*Yoink*

Now this is a martial prestige class. I'm sorry I don't have any critiques, I really like what you've done here.

FishAreWet
2010-12-07, 04:05 PM
Increase to bonus on Concentrate Attack to +4 at least. A +2 is simply forgettable, especially at the sake of giving up on a chance to hit.

Does Double Reactive Attack use two AoOs or expand upon one?

Both War Skill and Reactive Shield seem weak. I'd never take them over the other abilities.

zagan
2010-12-07, 04:11 PM
Increase to bonus on Concentrate Attack to +4 at least. A +2 is simply forgettable, especially at the sake of giving up on a chance to hit.

You'r probably right.

Does Double Reactive Attack use two AoOs or expand upon one?

As written only one, I'll precise it. too strong like that ?

Both War Skill and Reactive Shield seem weak. I'd never take them over the other abilities.

Well I could give two new skill for war skill. As for reactive shield a bigger bonus ? Something else ?

Edit: Changed made, still no idea for reactive shield.