PDA

View Full Version : Rattenkrieg IC

Talkkno
2010-12-06, 01:09 PM
It is September 23, 1942. You stand on the eastern bank of the Volga, looking West into what must surely be Hell. Massive columns of smoke rise above its shattered skyline. Few buildings are intact. Most are exposed shells filled with jumbled furniture and crumbling walls...

Most of you have come from farms or factories and had never fired a weapon in anger, the ruined city laying on the banks of Volga river.

Far in the distance you see planes and hear the whine and thump of their bombs. You have no idea if they are yours or the fascists’. Most of you couldn’t tell the difference even if you had a telescope.

Around you are hundreds of thousands of your countrymen. Some look tired, some look drunk, and some of the youngest even look eager. Fools. Ferries have been taking men across the Volga all morning while you waited. Now it is your turn. Perhaps fifty of you are crowded on board a small boat by screaming sergeants and stern commissars. The overloaded ferry was designed for half as many and rocks violently in the cold river. You push into the crowd, breathe deep, and hold on tight as the vessel pushes off into the muddy water. For you, the war has begun...

Notice rolls from everyone please

Lycan 01
2010-12-06, 01:54 PM
"Steel your nerves and strengthen your resolve, for today you will bear arms in the name of the Soviet Cause, our Great Leader, and Mother Russia herself!" Commissar Yuri Brekovich roared to the men in his boat. He had a vicious sneer on his face, and his pistol - primed and ready to fire - was held aloft. His black stormcoat billowed around him as the chill wind blew across the surface of the half-frozen Volga, making him an even more imposing and fearsome image in the eyes of the soldiers around him. "Let no man's will fail him, let none of you hold cowardice within your heart! Failure here is failure to your Party and your country! NOT ONE STEP BACK!! You are Russian men! MEN!! Your enemy? YOUR ENEMIES ARE DOGS!! They have come to your country! They have killed your women and children, your young and old! They have destroyed our cities, tread on our banners, and spat in the face of all we believe in! AND FOR THAT THEY SHALL PAY!!! And who shall make these filthy fascists dogs pay? YOU!! YOU WILL MAKE THEM PAY!! For your children! For your wives! For your parents! For your people! For Stalin! AND FOR SOVIET RUSSIA!!!"

Here's my Notice check:
Notice: [roll0]
Wild: [roll1]

And Persuasion to embolden the men around me, to prevent them from panicking when the shooting starts and to fill them with Soviet pride.
Persuasion: [roll2]
Wild: [roll3]

Macabre9037
2010-12-06, 02:14 PM
Pasha struggled to hear what the Commissar was yelling over the constant whoosh of rockets hitting the water around them. The gunfire on the other bank was getting louder every moment. The Commissar was an imposing figure, his words rang in Pasha's numb ears. Fear was gnawing away at his mind, he was having trouble making coherent thoughts, all he could think was,

"Please don't let me die."

His fear was at odds however with the yearning he felt in his spirit. That every loyal Russian felt, that this was his country and these fascists could not remain. He grew bolder in his love for Mother Russia, perhaps she could protect him from these...villains.

After these thoughts he saw a man floating in the river, dead. He was turning blue from the extreme cold, his right arm was missing along with the upper right quarter of his torso. The man looked much older than Pasha, maybe almost thirty. His eyes were open slightly, he just looked, lifeless.

Pasha began to breathe more and more rapidly, his breaths becoming shallow.
He began wheezing slightly and shaking uncontrollably, not from the cold, but from the now overwhelming fear gripping him. He began to look about frantically, looking for a means of escape from this nightmare. The only way he saw was over the side, into the water with the dead. Either way he would die, the water was partially frozen, there was no way he could survive in it. But the Germans would surely kill him once he got ashore.

Pasha saw no escape, he slumped his head down and began quietly weeping to himself. He was going to die, he knew it.

BudgetDM
2010-12-06, 02:36 PM
"Well it was a good life," Borislav mumbled to himself, as he listened to the Commissar yell, "There are worse ways to go then dieing in battle. What they are I don't know, but there must be some. Still I should stay positive. If I die I won't have to eat any more field rations. Maybe we'll find a weapon I can use and I won't have to try to punch the fascists to death."

SuperMuldoon
2010-12-06, 02:53 PM
Arkady Sokolov

Arkady stepped tenatively onto the boat. It was overcrowded and by the way it listed to port it had made this journey one to many times...if only he had some time he could patch the boat up somewhat...Arkady shook his head to clear away those thoughts as he heard the Commissar giving a rallying speech. His words did much to ward away the cold sinking into his chest and warm his heart. Arkady raised his fist, "For the Motherland!!!" he cheered, hoping that he would live to see tomorrow.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lycan 01
2010-12-06, 03:07 PM
Yuri's eyes dart amongst the crowd around him, looking to differentiate the strong from the weak. There were men here who had the capability to be heroes, to show the true strength of Soviet Russia. But there were cowards, as well. Weaklings and cowards, parasites of the system who deserved nothing more than a bullet to the back of the skull. Some of them could be saved, though. Some of them had the potential to be patriots, and to carry the Red Army's banner through the flames of war and into eternal glory. But to fix them, he would have to break them...

And lo and behind, he'd already found somebody faltering in their duty. A young man sat cowering near the edge of the boat, whimpering softly and quietly crying to himself. The Commissar, slowly and deliberately, took calm strides towards him across the shifting deck. Each boot-fall thudded heavily against the wood, making his presence and intention dreadfully obvious. He came to a stop directly behind the man, looming over the coward so that his shadow fell over him. Yuri calmly pulled back the hammer of his pistol and simply growled: "Soldier, would you care to tell your Commissar why you are crying?

(Tag: Macabre)

Moranica
2010-12-06, 04:09 PM
Xanatov hesistantly walked onto the boat. He looks confident and shows no fear, but inside his mind is focused and going over details. How did I get into this! There is no hiding on a boat this full, there is no escape in the ice cold water, and why on earth did he lose his trusted rifle.

Checking his pack he discoves he has only two knives.

Nothing else.... still, apart from his rifle these are the tools that might help him make it to nightfall. Come nightfall he would worry about making it through the night. He smells the fear, it's all around him. He smelled it before, on animals that were shot, but not quite dead. Who would have known human fear smells the same. People urinated from fear as well he found out as steam started coming from the guy in front of him. Poor bastard, nothing he could do for him.

Everyone would face death today, and only some would survive to meet him again. Xanatov wasn't to afraid, he knew about killing, he knew if he killed enough he would get to go home. And to kill enough, he would have to survive today. This is what he focused on, and he could not afford to have someone slow him down.

****, if only the other side of the river was closer...

Macabre9037
2010-12-06, 06:35 PM
Pasha looked up at the fearsome figure looming over him, pistol in hand. He gulped and tried to muster up the strongest voice he was able.

"Sir, I believe I'm going to die today."

The words still came out rather sheepishly, he attempted to discreetly wipe his eyes but the tears were gone, either frozen or dried by the biting wind.
He looked at the Commissar, unable to hide his fear of the man. His weather-beaten storm coat and grizzled visage showed a man whom had seen much that war had to offer, and had the scars to prove it further. He was the type of man who knew fear, not in the sense that he experienced it, but he knew fear personally, as an entity, and had probably shot it dead.

"I love my country Sir. I will not run from her cause, Pasha bit his lower lip for a moment, but I do fear death Sir.

Lycan 01
2010-12-06, 08:49 PM
The Commissar stares down at the soldier for several seconds, processing what the man had said. Words of loyalty and cowardice combined in a single statement. There was doubt in him, but there was still promise. He would just have to push him in the right direction.

"Tell me soldier..." he states calmly, then pauses for a moment. "Tell me soldier," he repeats himself, louder this time so that every man aboard the boat can hear him. "Tell me how you wish to die. We ALL die. It is unavoidable. Death will one day claim us all. So tell me... How would you like to die?"

Macabre9037
2010-12-06, 09:51 PM
Pasha looked up at the Commissar, his grey eyes piercing his own with intensity of a tiger, locking eyes with its prey just before it strikes.

"Well Sir, Pasha began tentatively, I would hope that when I die Sir, that it would be painless, and surrounded by my children, and my grandchildren too. Pasha pondered his own words for a moment. He knew that was not the answer that was to be expected of a loyal communist such as himself. He looked into the eyes of his Commissar once more. But, I suppose Sir, that dying for a great cause would be an equally fine way to die. And the people, the party, the country, expect me to do just that. So I suppose that if I want to live to die before my kin. I must first go into the mouth of death here.

Pasha put on a determined face. Staring directly at his superior, his final words were said with passion, and courage. It was too bad that they were a facade, he was still just as scared as before, equally of the German dogs and the Commissar before him. He knew that at the moment, the Commissar was the most immediate danger. He also knew what the Commissar would want to here from him, he did his best to provide just that.

But he was still terrified.

Lycan 01
2010-12-06, 10:28 PM
A sneer forms on the Commissar's face. Yuri responds loud enough for all to hear him: "You are not expected to die, soldier. You're expected to ear the right to die. You say you want to die old and grey, surrounded by family and friends. But let me tell you something, soldier. You will NEVER reach that point if you are a coward. Do you know why, soldier?" he asks, before taking a step back and barking loudly, "Does anyone here know why?"

After a short pause, Commissar Brekovich roars aloud: "BECAUSE COWARDS DIE IN SHAME!!"

Fixing his gaze back on Pasha, his eyes blazing with patriotic zeal, he proclaims aloud to all around him: "What is the point of life if it is not worth living?! What is the point of old age if you die cold, alone, and forsaken by children ashamed to be the spawn of a coward?! Soldier, I tell you that if you are a coward, then you shall NEVER find the death you seek! And if you must die today, then die on your feet! Die with a curse on your lips and a blazing weapon in your hands, with your ears filled with the fading echo of your enemies' own dying screams! DIE A PATRIOT!! DIE A HERO!! DIE A RUSSIAN!!"

"And if you live..." he snarls to the soldiers around him, the sneer on his face forming into a twisted grin, "If you live through the fulfillment of your duty to your nation, and you will, soldier, you will... And if you show courage and resolve in the face of adversity, banishing all fear and doubt from your mind... Then soldier, you will have earned the right to die on a deathbed surrounded by family, friends, and admirers."

"Now tell me soldier..." he returns his attention to Pasha, "Are you willing to earn the death you seek?"

Macabre9037
2010-12-06, 11:27 PM
Sir! Pasha shouted, suddenly filled with an unearthly confidence. Perhaps the Commissar had quite literally scared the fear from him, at least for the moment. I will do whatever Mother Russia requires of me in order to achieve it. Pasha's voice faltered on the last few words but he still managed to convey what he meant, what he needed to. I vow Sir, once my feet leave this boat and once again hit the glorious Russian earth, I will do nothing to disgrace my name, my party, or my country.

Pasha ended with a salute, locking eyes with the Commissar, hoping he could not somehow sense the fear still inside him. It was subdued, but ever present.
What he had said was not a lie however, he would not disgrace his loyalties, he would fight. But it is hard for a man to change who he really is. Still, he kept a stern face and, releasing his salute, looked onward toward the ever-approaching shore.

Talkkno
2010-12-07, 12:19 AM
You’re halfway across the Volga when you hear a strange whining sound growing louder. You look up and see a trio of strange silhouettes diving down from the sky toward you. The boat driver yells “Stukas!” and cowers down behind his steering column.

The ferry in front of you suddenly explodes in a massive upheaval of water, wood, and flesh. Bits of wet, crimson gore splatter over your clothes and face. Other bombs land all around you and throw huge columns of water into the sky. The staccato sound of the next Stuka’s machine guns rattles your ears and the rounds rip through the front of the boat. A dozen of your comrades are shredded in an instant. Some literally explode from the violence of the attack while others fall spastically and writhe in pain.
Some of the other passengers dive into the water. A few swim west toward Stalingrad; two swim back to the east. You look back and forth for what seems like an eternity trying to decide what to do. A wounded commissar staggers to his feet and fires at the “traitors” swimming toward the east bank. One of the swimmers, a Ukrainian, screams as bullets splash around him. He curses at the commissar with his fist in the air—then is silent when a pistol round smashes through his left eye. The other man, an old hunter from Minsk, thinks better of his decision and turns back toward the boat.
What do you do?

Everyone expect Borislav make a agility test at +1, Borislav rolls normal, since everyone else got to see it before to dodge random bits of errant sharpnal, bone and otherwise or take [roll0] damage.

Lycan 01
2010-12-07, 12:27 AM
"I will hold you to that promise, soldier..." Yuri sneered, returning the salute. He had to admit, the soldier had impressed him. He'd actually stood up for himself, and seemed to have defeated his fears, at least for the time being. Most men like that would have broken, or tried to take their chances in the Volga. Which Yuri would have been fine with - he wouldn't have had to waste a bullet.

"By the way soldier, don't salute me or any other officers when we are on the other side. Kraut snipers..." he taps his helmet a few times. "They look for signs of authority. Respect me, fear me, but please, don't salute me."

A short moment later, the world around Commissar Brekovich erupts into chaos. The Stukas streak in, guns blazing, and men begin to scream and die in droves. The Commissar deftly ducks beneath a flailing severed arm, and a few bits of splintered wood and fragmented bone plink and bounce off of his helmet and stormcoat. He shakes the gore off of himself, then raises back up to his full, imposing height. "STATUS REPORT!!" his voice booms over the carnage. "WHAT IS THE CONDITION OF OUR VESSEL?!"

Macabre9037
2010-12-07, 12:52 AM
Pasha tried to cover himself as best as he could from the flying pieces of wood and metal and man. He was relatively certain that he screamed, but he couldn't be sure. The noise was deafening. He had thought the the artillery fire in the distance was loud, it was nothing compared to this. The fear was back, and it was back hard.

Agility: [roll0]

BudgetDM
2010-12-07, 12:53 AM
Borislav was too distracted by the drama unfolding with the commissar and the nervous solider to see the planes coming. The explosions caught him completely off guard. He could see out of the corner of his eye a piece of an unlucky solider flying towards him. As he dove to get out of the way one though echoed in his mind.

"I hate my life so very much."

Agl: [roll0]

Talkkno
2010-12-07, 01:27 AM
The Stukas after their inital bombing run seems to have moved down the river, in search for juicer targets, the boat, though riddled with the dead and dying, is otherwise mostly intact as it starts to chug to the otherside once again as the Stukas dissapear into the horizon.

Lycan 01
2010-12-07, 01:30 AM
"Medics, tend to the wounded," Yuri calmly orders. "The rest of you... remove the boots, coats, and weapons from the dead. Make sure they are dispersed evenly amongst the men. It would be a gross negligence to let such valuable assets go to waste..."

BudgetDM
2010-12-07, 01:40 AM
Borislav rushes to the nearest wounded solider and begins tending to his wounds. The explosion had stunned him so much that he forgot his duty as a medic. He also thanks his lucky stars that this seemed to have gone unnoticed by the commissar.

Note: Borislav is at a -2 because of lack of medical supplies and +2 form Healer
Healing: [roll0]

Macabre9037
2010-12-07, 02:01 AM
Pasha simply stood, stunned at the carnage around him. His heart was pounding so violently that he could see it beating through all of the layers of clothing he wore. He reached down to a wounded man at his feet, kneeling, he put a hand on the side of the man's face. The man turned to look at Pasha, his chest was gaping open from one of the Stukka's heavy rounds, he was going to die, there was no question. Pasha did his best to comfort his comrade, telling him everything would be fine. The man nodded, gritted his teeth then, with a ragged breath, died.

Pasha looked down at his comrade, sighed, and removed the gloves from his lifeless hands.
"I guess I need these more than you do." Pasha whispered softly.

SuperMuldoon
2010-12-07, 09:24 AM
Arkady Sokolov

The horrible screaming sound of the Stuka dive bombers quickly shook Arkady out of his nationalistic mood. Suddenly he felt extremely vulnerable and exposed on the rickety boat. When the craft in front of them exploded in a shower of metal, wood, and human parts Arkady ducked down and covered his head with his hands, praying that his boat wouldn't suffer the same fate.

When the bombers passed, Arkady stood up and opened his eyes to a scene of carnage. The strafing run had shredded a fair number of his comrades on the ship...and the blood was thick on the deck.

"Medics, tend to the wounded. The rest of you... remove the boots, coats, and weapons from the dead. Make sure they are dispersed evenly amongst the men. It would be a gross negligence to let such valuable assets go to waste..."

"Yes, Comrade Commissar." Arkady nodded and went about his grim task.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Moranica
2010-12-07, 09:53 AM
Hmm, that commissar better not get in my way. We have enough men dying as it is. Still, if he pulls some of the cowaring men through it could help. Just don't get in my way.

As the stucas come in, he sees them coming. As he instinctively dives for cover he thinks. If only he had his rifle, he'd heard of a man who shot down a plane like that. Still, he would never try it from such an exposed position.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Talkkno
2010-12-07, 04:01 PM
Despite the harrowing strafing run, the rest of journey across the Volga was relativity uneventful, if not for the tension and fear of those aboard the overloaded boat, until it reaches shore at least, as the officers herd the ragged men on to the shore, now footsteps into Stalingrad proper.

The combined efforts of the medic manage to patch up those who could be saved and administrated mercy those who couldn't, the wounded men piled on stretchers, being carried away presumably to command post that is out of site.

A tall Georgian stands on a balcony, screaming at the sergeants and lieutenants below him to get the men organized into squads, the officers responding as you are browbeaten in a rather haphazard fashion with 4 other men, as you are issued Mosin–Nagant M1930G rifles with one ammo clip.

Like many of you, the newly joined men are unsure and untested, ready meat for the grinder.

"3rd squad of 3rd of platoon 5 minutes to organize, then head to the canning factory. Hold until relived and destroy all fascist equipment." The Georgian barks at you as he turns to a map, as the nearest lieutenant hands Yuri a map with a large red circle marking there objective, you notice he avoids looking at any of your faces directly as he hurries to hand rifles to other soldiers.

Mosin–Nagant M1930G
7.62 Range 24/48/96 Damage 2d8+1 ROF 1 Weight 8.7 Shots: 8M(Internal Magazine) AP2 Snapfire

Lycan 01
2010-12-07, 06:48 PM
Commissar Brekovich takes the map and examines it while the men get their weapons. He quickly looks at the surrounding areas, hoping to gleam a tactical understanding of the objective before actually attempting to defend it. Time was of the essence, though. Once the men are armed, he quickly stuffs the map into his greatcoat and gestures with his pistol in the direction of the objective. "You have your orders! We are to defend this valuable location from the Fascist dogs, for the glory of the Motherland and its Peoples! Any man who fails to pull his weight, or takes so much as one step back, will be shot for treason against his country and the Communist Party," he snarls. "Understood? Good. Now follow me!"

And with that the Commissar breaks into a run, since they did not have the time or the luxury to walk there. After a few seconds, he slows down a bit and looks back, checking to ensure that his unit is following, and that no man is already showing signs of treasonous thought or deed.

I want to use Knowledge (Battle) on the map to go ahead and get a tactical understanding of the factory and surrounding areas, ally and enemy locations, and other important information.

Knowledge (Battle): [roll0]

In case of Ace: [roll2]

I would also like to try and Intimidate the NPC guys in our squad. If they aren't Russians, then they won't be spurned by my patriotic pep talks. But I think my gun and obvious threat should motivate them enough to serve the Soviet cause...

Intimidate: [roll3]
Wild: [roll4]

In case of Ace: [roll5]

SuperMuldoon
2010-12-07, 09:46 PM
Arkady Sokolov

Arkady takes the offered rifle and clip, and does a quick inspection to make sure the rifle is in workable order. The last thing someone needs in this living hell of a battlefield is for a jam.

"Understood? Good. Now follow me!"

"Affirmative, Comrade Commissar!" Arkady says, quickly falling in step behind the officer, dreading what would happen if he fell behind.

Macabre9037
2010-12-07, 09:48 PM
Pasha ran his fingers over the well-worn wood of the rifle he was handed. His new best friend. He tried not to think too hard about the other men who had handled it before him, and what their fates were. He noticed a small amount of blood spatter on the top of the gun, around the moving part of the bolt. It looked as though it had been wiped off, but some was still left behind. Holding the rifle felt ominous in itself to Pasha. He had fired weapons before, he had even killed a tiger once while on a hunting trip with his father and uncles in Siberia. But this rifle was different, this rifle was not for killing deer, or rabbits, even bears or tigers. This rifle was for killing men.

Pasha snapped out of his thoughts upon hearing the voice of his Commissar and broke into a run after him, not wanting to once again be the lighting rod of his anger. He gripped the stock of his new rifle tightly, and briefly closed his eyes. Hoping once more that he would wake up from this terrible dream.

BudgetDM
2010-12-07, 10:46 PM
Borislav gratefully took the rifle and clip. Now all he needed was bandages. But then he remembered that he had gun now. When you have a gun, you have all that you need. You just find someone with what you want and shoot them. But only if they were fascist, obviously. This was war, they could make it too easy.

His thoughts of fascist doktor assassination are cut short when he sees the commissar start to run and he began to match his pace as best he can.

Moranica
2010-12-08, 03:07 PM
Xanatov stays quiet during most of the ordeal.

Hmmm, a rifle, good, one clip, I guess accuracy is important today. Good think we're defending. I'll just find myself a nice spot up high. Maybe I get to shoot an officer this time.

Talkkno
2010-12-08, 08:39 PM
Your trek to the Canning factory is largely uneventful. You can hear the sounds of fighting, but it is all quite far from your location. The day is still young as the sky is still red with the glow of distant fire and conflict, though besides the odd mortar round here and there.

After a march of about a quarter hour, you reach the factory, two stories tall, the first floor is blocked and the rubble is leading up to the windows, you walk up the stairs the second floor, the entrance on the other side blocked by bullet hole ridden sandbags, manned by two men, one of them coughs some blood as he holds in his rifle peerling into the bombed out landscape, seemly unaware of your presence.

Lycan 01
2010-12-08, 11:07 PM
"Soldiers of the Soviet Union," Commissar Brekovich snarls at the two men manning the sandbags. "What is your current situation? And why are you not paying attention?" he sneers.

He then looks back at his own men. "Who here has experience with a rifle? Combat, hunting, or otherwise?" he arches an eyebrow, surveying his rag-tag squad.

Macabre9037
2010-12-08, 11:14 PM
Pasha was almost afraid to speak up, especially after the incident on the Volga. He feared that the Commissar would not believe him, but he spoke up regardless. As was his duty.
Commissar Sir! Pasha snapped respectfully I have much experience with a rifle, never on men before, but I have hunted animals my whole life. And frankly sir, I don't see what the difference is between what I'm shooting at today and what I shot at up in Siberia. Pasha flashed a slight smile, he was okay at the moment. As long as he was the one doing the shooting, from a safe distance, everything should be okay. "Maybe I won't die today," he thought, "I'll just make it to midnight, then start over from there."
Where do you want me Sir?" Pasha asked, resisting the urge to salute his superior.

BudgetDM
2010-12-09, 12:01 AM
"I also have experience hunting Sir," answers Borislav, "thought not enough to brag about."

Borislav pauses, then ask "Sir, do you want me to take up a position or set up a space to treat the wounded?"

Talkkno
2010-12-09, 02:07 AM
The two soldiers look stand at attention towards the commissar, they look at him with a mixture of awe and fear. They look clearly ragged and worn from days of near non stop fighting as the tallest one speaks.

"Sorry comrade commissar, I'm Corporal Golushko I'm glad our runner made it, the Germans have been hitting us pretty hard, heard been some fresh meat came in threw the Volga today though, only me and Chernov left now...Don't worry about us, were heading back to the docks doc." He speaks as gestures to the stripped corpses surrounding them and ends wistfully, pointing the smaller Russian, who is fiddling with ruble as he slings the rifle on his shoulder, giving a quick eye to new squad before going to back to fiddle his ruble.

Golushko begins to move back toward the direction you came, with Chernov in tow....

If you have anything to say now before they leave speak now.

Lycan 01
2010-12-09, 02:21 AM
"Wait," Commissar Brekovich suddenly took a step after them, his voice a growl. "You're forgetting about something, comrades."

After a short and likely heart-stopping pause, he points at the guns on their backs. "Your weapons. Take your rifles back to the docks and relinquish them if asked, but give us whatever ammo you have remaining. Grenades as well."

Yuri had thought about ordering them to remain, but he'd been ordered to relieve them, not commandeer them. And if they returned back to the docks, it would show that not only had Yuri's unit reached their objective, but it would be good for morale as it would show the newly arriving soldiers that there actually was a chance of them returning to safety. Besides, these two men had served the Motherland as asked. They were Patriots, and Patriots deserved their well-earned rest.

"Do you have paper or pencils? I need you to deliver something back to the command post at the docks, if possible. It must carry my signature, lest you be shot for falsifying information..." he scowls. "Can't have that, now can we? Heroes deserve better..."

Talkkno
2010-12-09, 02:58 AM
"Don't got much, but this should do..." Golushko replies, as they both unload their clip from there rifle and hands to Brekovich, Golushko rips off the excess white cloth that patched his well worn uniform and handed with the rifle magazine.

Moranica
2010-12-09, 08:33 AM
Xanatov

I am the best hunter you've seen in your life. Used to be a professional hunter before this mess, but since humans have quite big heads compared to most animals this should be easy. Could use some of that spare ammo though if you want me to kill lots of germans.

SuperMuldoon
2010-12-09, 10:53 AM
Arkady Sokolov

"Who here has experience with a rifle? Combat, hunting, or otherwise?"

Arkady stands at attention and addresses the Commissar. "Comrade Commissar, I've seen combat before but I've mostly been on the rear lines, repairing vehicles or doing demolitions work, rigging bridges to explode and setting minefields and such. I've fired a rifle a few times, but I'm not sure if I hit anything."

Lycan 01
2010-12-09, 03:15 PM
Yuri takes the spare ammo and clothe, and then smirks. "You have done well, soldiers. You have followed your orders, stood firm in the face of adversity, and clung to your Communist principles. The Soviet Union needs more soldiers like you..." He reaches into his greatcoat, and removes a small notebook and a pen. He quickly jots down a short note, and writers several code words at the bottom of it. He then rips out the note, and hands it out to the corporal.

"I am recommending you both for commendations, for bravery under fire and heroism in the name of the Soviet cause. When you return back to docks, say that you have orders from Commissar Yuri Brekovich to deliver a message to the senior Commissariat official. Deliver this message - it contains Commissariat codes and my signature, to prove that it is no forgery. You will be granted leave, likely be given medals, and you will be hailed as heroes. Congratulations, men. Your faces, the faces of Russian Patriots, will likely be gracing recruitment posters some day soon..." he grins.

He then turns to his own squad and smirks. "Now you see the rewards that await a man who proves himself a hero for Communism and the Soviet Union. Eternal glory! You would do well to follow the example set by these men..."

Commissar Brekovich then begins to look from soldier to soldier, responding to their answers to his earlier question. At Pasha, he grins darkly. "Well well, you've had quite the change of heart. Instilled with Communist pride, are we? Excellent, excellent. And you're absolutely right - these Fascist dogs are nothing more than animals. Now, after this briefing, use your hunting experience to find a good place to shoot from - keep low, keep quiet, keep hidden. Its just like hunting deer, soldier - but now the deer shoot back."

At Borislav, his characteristic sneer returns. "Soldier, we don't have the luxury of setting up a triage station. Take up a position, and simply treat the wounded when you have the time. If we are under attack, don't leave your position for anything, even if I'm the one screaming for aid."

Turning to Xanatov, the Commissar scowls. "If you are the best hunter I've ever seen, then you should be able to make every shot count. If anything, you need less ammunition than the others. I will give out the ammunition as needed, soldier... After this briefing, find yourself an excellent place to shoot from. Be stealthy about it - can't let the enemy know where you're hiding, you know."

At Sokolov, Yuri's smirk returns. "Well, you've got more experience than everyone else, even if it isn't much. Congratulations, soldier. You're now a Corporal..." he pats the newly-promoted officer on the shoulder. "Pick three soldiers to be part of your Fire Team, then take up defensive positions."

Taking a few steps back, the Commissar then arches an eyebrow. "Soldiers, how much ammunition do you carry? One of the founding principles of Communism is equality and the sharing of resources. Ergo, let us share out our bullets, so that no man has more than the other. So, what is everyone carrying? Be honest - deception and misuse of resources is a punishable offense..." he growls.

BudgetDM
2010-12-09, 03:48 PM
"Soldiers, how much ammunition do you carry? One of the founding principles of Communism is equality and the sharing of resources. Ergo, let us share out our bullets, so that no man has more than the other. So, what is everyone carrying? Be honest - deception and misuse of resources is a punishable offense..."

Ah yes, reflects Borislav, everyone gets equal shares, yet somehow the Party thugs live like kings. They must be very frugal. Still, no sense in holding back ammunition from those who are better marksmen then you.

"Here is all of the ammunition that I have," he says handing over all 50 of his bullets.

Then as an afterthought he thinks, I hope you do not end up regretting your order to not heal even you in battle. I really do.

Moranica
2010-12-09, 05:15 PM
Xanatov

Thank you sir, for pointing out the obvious. They will not see me. I only have one clip though.

Macabre9037
2010-12-09, 07:37 PM
"I only have the clip in my rifle Sir." Pasha replied softly. He began scanning the building for the safest position to take up.

Lycan 01
2010-12-09, 07:43 PM
Commissar Brekovich suddenly freezes, his body going rigid and his scowl deepening. He doesn't turn to look at Xanatov, but it is to him that Yuri angrily growls: "I'm sorry soldier, I don't think I heard you correctly. I could have sworn you just disrespected your commanding officer and a representative of the Commissariat, which is an offense punishable by death. Would you like to repeat yourself, so that I can clearly hear you and you can avoid being shot? Hm?"

If this were historically accurate, Xanatov wouldn't even be given a warning. The Soviets shot men for offenses much lesser than disrespecting an officer, and a Commissar wouldn't have thought twice to order his death. You can ask Talkkno...

But for the sake of fun and fairness, I'm letting him off with a warning. Even though its kinda going against my character and his job... I'd hate for the other players to think me a jerk, though. :smallfrown:

SuperMuldoon
2010-12-09, 10:41 PM
"Well, you've got more experience than everyone else, even if it isn't much. Congratulations, soldier. You're now a Corporal. Pick three soldiers to be part of your Fire Team, then take up defensive positions."

Arkady salutes. "Yes sir Comrade Commissar." he said, not sure how to feel about the promotion. At least his odds of survival went up...it was said the life expectancy of new soldiers in Stalingrad was less than a day...but officers was up to three days. Maybe he would see tomorrow. He turned to face the rest of the men.

"Borislav, Pasha, Xanatov. You're with me. After we sort out ammunition we will take up our positions." Arkady says, turning back to Commissar Yuri. "I only have my one issued clip sir."

Talkkno
2010-12-10, 02:36 AM
The Corporal and the private nod graciously, as they head down the stairs towards the river.

"Guess the rest of us are with you Commissar? Private Abram reporting" One of the group 4 soldiers that were assigned to your unit says with a narrowing eyes, by glance mostly Ukrainian, though one of them, a Tatar seems to back off slightly from them.

Lycan 01
2010-12-10, 02:52 AM
"So that's 50 bullets, plus these two clips of 8 bullets each which the heroes gave us, so 66 bullets in total... between 8 men, who already each have a single clip..." the Commissar muses. "If my math is correct, that is a spare clip for every soldiers, with two spare bullets left over. I trust no one is holding out?"

"Yes, it would seem so, Private Abram," the Commissar replies with a narrowing of his own eyes. He then turns his attention to the Tatar. "Something wrong, soldier?"

Moranica
2010-12-10, 03:46 AM
It's not that I don't like being bossed around as a player. I think it greatly adds to the setting. But I took the major flaw arrogant, so I'm trying to roleplay it without getting killed. I'll try to stick mostly to arrogant thoughts and public boasting, but he's going to say something stupid now and then (wouldn't be much a flaw otherwise). It'll be balancing on the edge. :smallbiggrin:

Uhh, I said, "thank you, just point me to an obvious high place to hide".

So, Pasha, you're a good sniper as well huh? We'll see who is the crack shot! Always good to have good shooters near me I guess. :smallsmile:

Talkkno
2010-12-10, 04:06 PM
"Privite Aydar sir, nothing wrong." The tatar replies in broken Russian, standing suddenly at attention, you notice that among his pack is wrapped up rug.

Lycan 01
2010-12-10, 04:13 PM
The Commissar arches an eyebrow. "Soldier, is that a rug I spy in your pack?"

As he waits for an answer, he goes ahead and gives out 1 spare clip of ammo to each soldier, and then gives one each of the last two bullets to Pasha and Xanatov. "Don't fire until you have tracked and marked a target," he warns the soldiers. "These are precious resources, and wasting them would be a terrible transgression..."

Talkkno
2010-12-10, 04:37 PM
"Yes sir, for prayer." Aydar replies, now slightly trembling.

Moranica
2010-12-10, 05:58 PM
Corporal Arkady, from where would you like me to rain death and destruction on the enemy?

Lycan 01
2010-12-11, 12:26 AM
The Commissar stares at the Tatar for a few moments. His eyes go distant, as though he's deep in thought, and he idly taps the barrel of his pistol against his leg. Finally, he simply shrugs and shakes his head. "I'd advise you stop clinging to your ancient traditions, soldier..." he says with an authoritative tone. "They have no place in the modern age, or in the eyes of Communism. No gods, no kings... only men..."

He then turns to walk away and examine the factory's defenses, but makes one last aside comment to the soldier. "You may still worship as you please, soldier, under two conditions: you should keep your loyalties to the Communist cause before your loyalties to whatever god you follow, and you would be smart to save your prayers for times when your attention is not better spent on your primary duties..." Yuri warns with narrowed eyes. "Do we have an understanding?"

BudgetDM
2010-12-11, 12:41 AM
"Where should I position myself, Sir?", Borislav the newly promoted Arkady.

Talkkno
2010-12-11, 01:25 AM
"Yes sir!..." Arkady replies even more visibly shaken, as he awaits for his post.

SuperMuldoon
2010-12-11, 02:40 AM
Arkady Sokolov

Arkady turns a blind eye to the scene unfolding in front of him and looks to his fire-team. He scratches his beard and scopes out the surroundings.

"Pasha, Xanatov - I want you to get a covered position on the roof if possible..." he says, looking around for a possible way to the roof. "If you can't get up there, take a window on the second floor and make sure you two can put the fascist pigs in your crossfire. Leave them no where to escape - use your vantage point to call out targets as well. Borislav, you're with me. We will stay on the second floor, pick a window and when you see a German, shoot him down. Stay low. Remember, this factory is ours, it shall not fall as long as one of us still draws breath!"

I'm not 100% sure the layout of the building, let me know if this makes sense...the building could be super bombed out and not have a roof after all :smalltongue:

Moranica
2010-12-11, 04:37 AM
Xanatov enters the building and inspects the roof and top floors. He looks for two good spots close to eachother, so he can alternate his shooting positions to keep the enemy guessing. Neither positions should be to open.

He wants me to hide AND call out positions?? I suppose I'll mark them with bulletholes.

Moranica
2010-12-12, 05:53 AM
Yessir!, I'll find my self a good flanking position to give them a nasty surprise. Do we have someone more forward as well to run back when they're coming?

Not waiting for an answer (he doesn't want to be the spotter) Xanatov starts to make it's way towards B, using the houses on the riverbank as cover. Every new house he passes he takes 5 minutes to check out the surroundings (looking for enemies and good places to hide) before moving on. His plan to then to move towards K where he should have a nice clean field to shoot.

Lycan 01
2010-12-13, 12:10 AM
Once he has finished examining their position, Commissar Brekovich begins to bark orders. "Alright soldiers, here are your orders. We need to fortify this position - use whatever rubble or wreckage you can move to block most of the windows and possible entrances. Then, take the bodies of the dead and start piling them on the other side of the sandbag barricade, so that they'll soak up the impact of the bullets and strengthen the barricades. It is grisly work, but it must be done! Even in death, these men still serve their Motherland!"

As the soldiers get to work, he stands back to watch and ensure that every man does his share of the work. He continues to growl orders at them, explaining how the defenses shall be manned. "Corporal Sokolov, you will take your fire-team up to the second floor, and use the higher ground to your advantage. Take a pair of bodies with you, and prop them up in windows to present false targets for the Germans to waste their bullets on. Watch your aim while you're up there - make every shot count."

"One of the marksmen should scout the building next door..." he points directly across the street, to the bombed-out building to the factory's west. "Search it for a good hiding place, so that you may flank the approaching German's with your fire. Lets see... How about you?" he points at Pasha with a grin. Even though he doesn't know the soldier's name, he knows him well enough to realize he'd be better suited for the task. His cowardice would be less of a liability with him not here in the thick of the fighting, and his separation from direct combat may also improve his confidence and combat effectiveness. "Corporal, would you be content to let this soldier out of your sight?"

"As for the rest of you," he turns to the trio of Ukrainians and the Tatar. "Private Abram, Private Aydar," he points to the vocal Ukrainian and the Tatar, "You will be with me, personally manning the barricade. You other two soldiers will each defend a window on either side of the entrance. The enemy will not step one foot inside this building, am I clear?" he growls with a sneer. "Those Fascists dogs will be filled with fear when they see what horror you patriots of the Soviet Union unleash upon them! For your homelands, for your people, for your brothers, and for Communism... kill them all."

As Yuri finishes his pep talk, he realizes that Xanatov is making a run for enemy territory. "SOLDIER WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING?!" he screams out after the marksman, dumbfounded at the stupidity. He was running directly at the enemy's point of attack - surely they'd have marksmen of their own waiting for such an opportunity! What a useless risk of Soviet resources - they couldn't afford to lose that rifle!

SuperMuldoon
2010-12-13, 02:17 PM
Arkady Sokolov

"Corporal Sokolov, you will take your fire-team up to the second floor, and use the higher ground to your advantage. Take a pair of bodies with you, and prop them up in windows to present false targets for the Germans to waste their bullets on. Watch your aim while you're up there - make every shot count."
"Corporal, would you be content to let this soldier out of your sight?"

"I would be fine with letting him take up position over there, Comrade Commissar." He says, addressing Yuri. He then turns to Borislav and Xanatov. "Help me get these two bodies into place by those windows." he says, but quickly notices Xanatov's absence, followed by the commissar's yelling. Looking around, Arkady sees Xanatov running off in the direction of the German lines. "Xanatov, not that way!" he yells, trying to get the young man to come back. Arkady sighs and looks to Borislav, "You said you've had medical training, dah? We might be needing some of that sooner rather then later..."

BudgetDM
2010-12-13, 03:23 PM
"You said you've had medical training, dah? We might be needing some of that sooner rather then later..."

"I'm a doctor actually, Sir. Although I'm not sure how much of that textbook knowledge will be applicable. Most of it was devoted to treating arthritis and similar, not gunshot wound. Still I should be able to manage just fine."

He then grabs one of the corpses by the arms and starts dragging it to the stairs.

Moranica
2010-12-17, 03:23 AM
As he starts running for the first building Xanatov hears Commissar Breckovic scream.

"Hmm, I guess he is impressed with my bravery. Good, I could use some goodwill with him."

Xanatov keeps going. (sneaking after he reaches the first house)

Talkkno
2010-12-17, 03:39 AM
Xanatov seems to ignore the cries of his commanding officer as he dashes down the street, but just as Sokolov's fireteam assumes their position on the roof assume their position from across no-man's land two understrength german squads come charging across the blasted landscape toward the factory!

Two German fireteams are emerging from the building in front of you, they are about 32 yards from you, the front squad has submachine guns and one right behind them have rifles.
Lycan, the extra's operate on your turn.

Here's the initiative count.
Xanatov
Pasha
Arkady
Yuri
Germans with smgs
Titov
Germans with rifles.

Xanatov i want to note your out in the open, are about 20 yards from the opening of the factory.

Moranica
2010-12-17, 04:23 AM
As soon as Xanatov sees the germans he realizes he's made a mistake. He quickly runs back 6"+[roll0] and shoots at the nearest german carrying a submachine gun and drops to the ground.

Shooting [roll1] (-2 from running, -2 from snapfire, -2 from medium range)
In case of ace [roll2]
Wild shooting [roll3]
In case of ace [roll4]

Damage [roll5]
In case of ace [roll6]

If shouting is a free action he screams: ZHE GERMANS ARE COMING!!

Talkkno
2010-12-17, 12:35 PM
Xanatov 's shot misses widely as he dives to the ground, the bullet wizzes threw the air seems to only alert the Germans to his presence, a officer in the back barks something in his general direction.

Lycan 01
2010-12-17, 04:36 PM
"If that man lives, I'm going to kill him..." Commissar Brekovich grumbles. He then turns to the soldiers around him and barks: "Don't just stand there! Take cover at you positions, and take aim! Do not fire until you have a definite chance of striking your target! Marksman," he screams to Pasha, "Kill that f***ing Nazi officer!"

Yuri then lunges towards the barricade, crouching down behind the sandbags and extending his arm over the top, carefully drawing a bead on the nearest Fascist. "This is it, men!" he snarls. "This is your chance to show what you are made of! To prove your worth to your country, your peoples, the Communist Party, and history itself! Your actions here will be recorded some day in a history book - give them something to write about!"

Taking cover as my Move action, then spending my turn to Aim my pistol at the Germans. I'd like my men to do the same - Aiming rather than shooting, so their shots will count.

BudgetDM
2010-12-17, 09:54 PM
Borislav jumps slightly when he hears the first shot.

"They're here already?" exclaims Borislav as he run to the nearest window.

"Well, stand still and I'll give you a proper greeting." he adds taking aim.

Move, to nearest window then Aim.

P.S. Did I make it to the second floor before we entered initiative?

SuperMuldoon
2010-12-20, 09:27 AM
Arkady Sokolov

"Get to your positions! The Fascists are here!" Arkady yells as he scrambles to a second floor window, and pokes takes aim at the oncoming Germans. He hopes that he will live to see tomorrow.

Sorry about the delay with my post, this time of year gets a little crazy :smalltongue:. I'm taking cover and aiming!

Talkkno
2010-12-20, 09:06 PM
The Germans take the chance in the pause of fire, as a volley of rifle bullets tears Pasha to shreads, his body lumping down from the roof to floor along the sandbags, making a sickening crunch sound as it hits floor.

The riflemen seem to slow their pace, as just after the rifle fire that ripped the roof, the fascists with submachine guns continue to rush headless, two of them pulling out a wooden shaft with odd shapely metal head, flinging them overhead, but harmlessly exploded in the air with little effect.

The Germans with rifles are now 26 yards from you, the SMGs are now 21 yards from you.

Lycan 01
2010-12-21, 01:20 AM
Pasha's bullet-tattered body slams into the ground in front of Commissar Brekovich with a wet, pulpy smack. The Commissar doesn't react with horror or sorrow, instead simply remarking with an annoyed scowl: "Damn... I was hoping he'd be a bit more useful than that..."

Return his attention to the fight at hand, Yuri roars out orders to the men under his command. "OPEN FIRE!! AVENGE YOUR FALLEN COMRADE!! MAKE THE FASCIST DOGS PAY ONE-THOUSAND-FOLD WITH THEIR OWN BLOOD, SWEAT, AND TEARS!!" He then cracks off a shot with his pistol, having aimed it at the approaching assault squad with SMGs and grenades.

Shooting: [roll0] (-2 for medium range, +2 for Aiming)

In case of Ace: [roll2] or [roll3]

Damage: [roll4]
In case of Attack Roll Raise: [roll5]

In case of Ace: [roll6]

Total Damage: 10

BudgetDM
2010-12-21, 01:56 AM
Damn it, thinks Borislav as he see Pasha die, I liked him. I was hoping he would get that death he wanted. Nothing to do now but make sure that whoever shot him doesn't get the death they want.

With that he fires at the nearest SMG trooper.

Shooting: [roll0]
In case of ace: [roll1]

Wild: [roll2]
In case of ace: [roll3]

In case of ace: [roll5]

Moranica
2010-12-21, 04:32 AM
Was shooting and aiming in same round. Redoing post.

Moranica
2010-12-21, 04:41 AM
Xanatov hears the sound as Pasha hits the ground, but he doesn't dare turn around. The SMG soldiers are really close now and he's not in a good position. It's either me or them now, he thinks. Them it is!

Xanatov takes carefull aim, trying to get the head of one of the SMG guys in his crosshairs and softly squeezes the trigger.

Trying to hit the SMG officer, if Xanatov has no idea who it is, he'll aim for one of the grenadiers. Also, going for head shot.

Shooting: [roll0] (+0 close range, -4 head)

Damage: [roll4] (+4 damage from headshot)

SuperMuldoon
2010-12-22, 05:54 PM
Arkady Sokolov

Arkady cringes as he hears the sound of Pasha's body falling lifeless to the ground. At least now he won't have to be scared anymore...but what will the Commissar think of my command skills if one member of my fire team dies before firing a shot? he thinks. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he lines up a charging SMG toting German soldier in his sights and squeezes the trigger.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

Talkkno
2010-12-23, 12:14 AM
Arkady and Brekovich's shots rings true, striking down two Germans, as they roll down the side of hill, the men on the factory floor their shots manage to rattle two of the Germans. Meeting unexpectedly fierce resistance, the remenemennt of the assault squad limp back the best they can back, a whistle being blown from the officer. as rifleman take a few steps as the unleash a volley of fire at the men standing atop the sandbags, the men standing next to commissar are struck down, they limp bodies falling the wayside, as Yuri stand alone in the entrance.

Two of the SMGs and riflemen are now 24 yards of away, one of them is 33 yards away.

Moranica
2010-12-23, 06:10 AM
As he hears bullets flying overhead, he tries to press his body to the ground even more. "This is bad,.. very bad.." he thinks as he hears death screams from both sides.

But as the germans start to turn around he lets out a small sigh of relief. "Pff, I might have a chance after all. Time to shoot one in the back!" he thinks as he smiles grimly.

Shooting: [roll0]

Talkkno
2010-12-23, 05:25 PM
Xanatov's bullet flies threw the air, only a hair's breath missing one of the fascists, only grazing him as the begin to beat a hasty retreat.

Lycan 01
2010-12-24, 12:33 AM
As his men are gunned down, Commissar Brekovich is filled with anger and frustration. These Fascist dogs had come to his country, and stained its land with the blood of his fellow Russians and members of the Communist party! As fury courses through his body, the Commissar decides that action must be taken. His men needed to be led by example, and those filthy Nazis needed to be taught to fear their Soviet foes.

"YOU BASTARDS!!" Yuri roars, suddenly standing up behind the sandbag barricade, revealing himself to the Germans. He is a terrifying sight, cloaked in his black storm coat, face red and twisted in an infuriated snarl of sheer hatred. "KILL THEM ALL!!!" he howls to his men, spurning them on to fight, while also striking fear into the hearts of the enemies before him. "KILL THEM F***ING ALLLLLL!!!"

And to emphasize his point, he fires off two shots into the crowd of charging Germans, proving that an angry Russian was not a force to be trifled with.

Yuri is going Aggro on the Nazis. I'm going to try and Intimidate them, and then fire a Double Tap at the Germans who are 24 yards away.

Since I'm taking 2 actions, they both have a -2 penalty. Also, when it comes to shooting penalties for range... The book actually says the ranges given for the weapons are in Game Board Inches, not yards. The range in Yards is actually about double or so what the number in Inches given is. So... I dunno if I have a -2 range penalty for Medium, or -4 for Long. Oh well. Trying it anyway! :smallbiggrin:

Intimidate: [roll0] (-2 for Two Actions, +2 for being a Commissar... I also might get bonuses for screaming and shooting.)

Shooting: [roll3] (+1 for Double Tap, -2 for Two Actions, -2 for Range)
Wild: [roll4]

In case of Ace: [roll5] or [roll6]

Damage: [roll7] (+1 for Double Tap)

In case of Ace: [roll8]

Talkkno
2010-12-24, 04:18 AM
Like Alexander Nevsky driving out the German knights of yore, Brekovich's voice boomed with such rancor the sound alone swallowed the fascists in fear just as ice gave way to a frozen death to the crusaders centuries before. The unintelligible nature of his words only made it only all that much frightening, emboldening those under his command to double their efforts, accurate rifle fire as his wrath felling two of Germans, so panicked their cries against the wrath of a Saint reborn they didn't even bother to drag back the bodies of their fallen comrades in their retreat.

Titov still has a chance to join in the fun, the SMG is 36, and the riflemen are still 24.

BudgetDM
2010-12-24, 04:40 AM
"Leaving so soon," Borislav says to the retreating backs, "please take this to remember us by."

He takes aim at the riflemen and fires.

Shooting:[roll0]
Possible Ace:[roll1]

Wild:[roll2]
Possible Ace:[roll3]

Possible Ace: [roll5]

Talkkno
2010-12-24, 04:52 AM
The panicked Germans are a easy shot for Borislav, as if it was a whiplash from a retreating storm manages one final shot that strikes down another German adding further confusion to the already forgone rout.

All the remaining Germans are now in medium range, can we just say you kill them all, and everyone subtracts 1 more bullet? Sound fair?

Moranica
2010-12-24, 05:14 AM
Sounds good! Can I try and hit it anyway? Try and end my failing streak. :smallsmile:

Shooting [roll0]
ace [roll1]

Wild [roll2]
ace [roll3]

Damage [roll4]
ace [roll5]

Talkkno
2010-12-24, 10:05 PM
In the mere seconds the fleeing men are cut to ribbons in their retreat, leaving what was moment's before full of the rancor of battle into a the silence of no man's land once more lie upon the fallow burned out landscape before them.

Lycan 01
2010-12-25, 12:30 AM
Yuri coughs a few times, having strained his throat a bit. He then looks around at the remnants of the conflict, scowling at both the bodies of enemy and ally alike. He looks down at the two down men at his feet, and simply growls: "You dogs had better be dead, because if you're still alive and are just lying there, I'll make sure the next shots do their job."

Talkkno
2010-12-25, 12:50 AM
Yuri takes a closer look at his fallen men, the Ukrainian guts rupture open from the bullet wounds, blood spilling freely across the floor. The Tater however, seems to only have suffered mostly superficial wound, the bullet luckily skimming across the shoulder.

" Aydar reporting sir, am ok, can still hold rifle." He replies, as he clutches his rifle with his right, wincing from the pain, as he picks up his fallen rifle with the other.

You guys find 4 MP-40's, a luger, and 5 Kar98s, with a single full reload.and 6 potato smashers.(stats inside the core book, expect double the range.) If you decide to use the germans arms, let me know and i'll put the stats later...

Lycan 01
2010-12-25, 06:25 PM
"Medic, fix this man up," Yuri gestures to Aydar. "Somebody deal out the ammo from the marksman and the Ukraine. I want the rest of you to gather up the ammo and weapons from those dead Fascist dogs, and disassemble the rifles and pistol. Destroy their ammo, too, if you can. As for the MP-40s and grenades..." Commissar Brekovich reaches down and picks up one of the looted SMGs they'd scrounged up. He pulls back the firing bolt to prime the weapon, this smirks grimly. "Well, I'd say chopping the next lot of them down with their own weapons would be a delicious irony. Afterwards, we can break the guns. And I'd say using the grenades to blow up Nazis is the best way to destroy them, wouldn't you agree, men?"

Moranica
2010-12-25, 06:39 PM
Yes! Commissar! Would you like me to have another go at taking up a forward position? It did allow me to spot the Germans early, but how should I signal you next time?

BudgetDM
2010-12-25, 08:43 PM
"Medic, fix this man up," Yuri gestures to Aydar.

"Yes Sir!" says Borislav. He then heads over to the injured Aydar.

"So you survived your first battle," he says as he starts tending to the tartar's wound.
"It would seem that the whole praying thing is working for you so far, yes?" he adds jokingly.

Healing: [roll0]
Ace: [roll1]

Ace:[roll3]

Lycan 01
2010-12-25, 09:16 PM
Commissar Brekovich pauses, then slowly turns around to look at Xanatov. He hadn't noticed the marksman return. Yuri stares at the soldier for a few seconds, then with a stern expression he raises his pistol and levels it at the man's forehead. "You stand accused of Desertion, Insubordination, Misuse of Soviet Resources, Disobeying a Direct Order, and Violation of Order 227 in your abandoning of a forward position. Your actions have endangered this mission and the lives of your fellow soldiers, you have damaged morale and unit cohesion, and you have shown cowardice in the face of the enemy. It is under the authority of the Commissariat that I pass a sentence of Death upon you, as punishment for your transgressions. But..."

The Commissar slowly angles the pistol up, so that while its not directly aimed at Xanatov's forehead, he can easily adjust that and drop the marksman if he makes any sudden moves. "I can put a hold on your punishment, if you so desire, until after our mission is complete. Once we return to base, I will see to it that the situation is properly examined and the right judgment is passed. That is, if you want to take your chances with the NKVD..."

Talkkno
2010-12-25, 09:17 PM
Borislav manages to clear any danger of infection, but it is clear it wil take time for the pain to go away.

The Tater merely mumbles as he lets his flex a little.
"Allah be praised."

Moranica
2010-12-26, 04:45 AM
Xanatov freezes as the Commissar levels the pistol at his head. His eyes are deadlocked on those of the Commissar. He waits for the Commissar to finish and says:

Finish the mission, sir! Yes sir! What do you want me to do, sir!

Wait for judgement by who? Either way it will be your word against mine, and I've heard your words long enough already to get an idea what I'll be hearing. The only way for me to survive is if you die during the mission.

Talkkno
2010-12-27, 01:14 AM
It’s just after what should be dinner time. You can tell because your
stomach is growling even more than it has all day, and weren't given rations on the train ride here. Is there nothing to eat in this damned city? Suddenly your officer stands and snaps to attention. The other men do too. You stand and look about. At the rear of your position is an imposing-looking officer in a greatcoat. A few other hangers-on lurk behind him. You note that several
are armed with submachine guns.

“Third Squad. I am Captain Boris Petrovich. I do not care to know your names. Most of you won’t be alive the next time I visit anyway. The fascists are pushing hard against this sector. I’m working on getting you additional arms and ammunition, but in the meantime, I expect you to hold. I don’t care if you have to throw rocks at them. I don’t care if they come with tanks. There is nothing behind you but the river and I can assure you the Volga is very cold this time of year.”
The captain takes a quick survey of the troops before continuing.

"It seems you taken a few caustilies, commissar, care to report?" He asks, not looking too closesly at any single of them.

Lycan 01
2010-12-27, 01:39 AM
"Understood, sir," Yuri replies, refraining from saluting so that the officer isn't made a potential target. "We will hold out until the last man, even if we have to use sticks and stones." At the mentioning of casualties, the Commissar scowls. "While we were preparing our defenses, one of the men made a run out into the open, against orders. While making his advance, he came across a pair of German squads preparing to assault us, and then he proceeded to retreat while screaming and firing indiscriminantly, showing both cowardice and a disregard for Soviet resources and procedure. The Germans, alerted by him to our presence, began firing heavily upon our position, resulting in the death of a rather promising marksman, who likely would have been a great asset to our cause. We returned fire, and in the ensuing fight lost one man, a valiant Ukrainian, and destroyed the German units. As for the insubordinate soldier who caused the mess..." the Commissar casts a dagger-edged glare at Xanatov, "I intend to have him executed. Following a full investigation after our mission, of course, as is standard procedure."

Talkkno
2010-12-27, 02:36 AM
"That is rather grave accusation...Take him away!" A younger political officer from the back says, as emerges into view. Boris merely scowls as his hanger ons restrain Xanatov. As they turn and stalk away toward river.

"“Good evening, comrades. Such bravery, and with only minutes to get accommodated to our...difficult... surroundings. Surely that deserves a few rations? This is all I have, but it is from my personal stores so I hope it serves you well. I am Commissar Vasily Ivanovich. I am here to see to your morale and help in my own small way in the fight against the invaders. You there, where are you from?” He asks broadly to the entire squad rather genially compared to hash tone he cast before, shaking his head, his neatly cut brown hair unwavering, as he hands out a few cans of food.

Lycan 01
2010-12-27, 02:53 AM
While he doesn't bat an eye at Xanatov being led to his fate, Yuri does slightly arch an eyebrow at the new Commissar. A second political officer? For a force as small as this? That seemed odd, considering the dire need for Commissars in other units. But Yuri had no reason to complain. Considering the trouble the group had experienced thus far with morale and obedience, the aid of another Commissar was something he could find useful. Though he felt a slight sense of trepidation, as he hoped that the new Commissar wasn't a reflection of command feeling he wasn't doing his job well enough, or that he was being replaced.

"Thank you, my Comrade," Yuri nods to Commissar Ivanovich, accepting a can of food from him. "Your help is much appreciated. I'm sure morale will be much higher once the men have some food in their bellies..."

Talkkno
2010-12-27, 03:06 AM
"Yuri... Brekovich, yes? I am your immediate superior. It is unfortunate you got thrown in train so haphazardly. Looking at your previous record, it seems you prefer front line duties yes? If you would like, I could move to rear echelon work instead." Vasily remarks, as he finishes looking threw his papers.

Lycan 01
2010-12-28, 02:58 AM
Yuri is taken slightly aback by the man's revelation as being his superior, especially considering his age. But the offer of reassignment especially surprises him. After a few seconds of thought, he simply smiles and says: "Sir, I have been given my orders, and I will bear the responsibility given to me with pride. If I were to simply take the easy way out, what sort of example would I be setting for the men? No, I shall stay here, until my mission is complete. Unless you'd rather give me specific orders to do otherwise, sir." Communist principles dictated that he work just as hard as the rest of the men, and Russian pride dictated that he stay and fight. His fanaticism to his cause and his country would be the death of him, more than likely. And he didn't care...

Talkkno
2010-12-28, 03:26 AM
Ivanovich smiles and nods, as he replies.

"Your record speaks for itself Yuri, were others faltered against Mannerheim Line, the units under your command always stood firm. Both Leningrad and Moscow have thrown back the fascists invaders, let the same said for Stalingrad!"

He turns to other troops, taking a particular look at Borislav, handing him a can of food.
"What is your name solider?

BudgetDM
2010-12-30, 12:21 AM
"What is your name solider?

"Borislav Titov, Sir," he says taking the can of food, "I'm the unit's medic."

As if to emphasize this point he gestures at Aydar.

He then looks down at the food in his hand and freezes. Damn it, I never put my spare rations in the group pot. I was going to, but well, getting shot at tends to take your mind off anything else. Well now is not the time.

Talkkno
2010-12-30, 12:54 AM
"Your squad is fortunate indeed Borislav, for men of such talents are rare in such solemn times. Would you prefer a rear echelon deployment? Too many men die needlessly from easily preventable diseases and infected wounds, you could save many more men there, then risking your life needlessly on the front line. Of course, the choice is yours, Napoleon once said that a good solider like your self is worth ten ordinary ones I have to whip into shape everyday...and eats less." Ivanovich asks him, the last remark made with a chuckle.

BudgetDM
2010-12-30, 01:17 AM
[color=red] "Would you prefer a rear echelon deployment? Too many men die needlessly from easily preventable diseases and infected wounds, you could save many more men there, then risking your life needlessly on the front line."

Borislav's eyes light up. A chance to leave this hellhole so soon, this is a dream come true. I can...

Borislav's eyes wonder to Aydar bandaged wound.

Damn it, I don't know most of these people. I don't even like the Commissar. But I can't leave them to die. And I couldn't live with myself knowing that they would send some raw recruit into this slaughterhouse to replace me while I hid in the rear. I'm a doctor, I save people.

He paused then added, except Germans obviously.

"Thank you for the offer, Sir" says Borislav, "But I would prefer to continue at my current posting."

And that boys and girls is why Heroic and Loyal are Hindrances.
I wonder how long until Borislav regrets this, i.e. is shot.

Talkkno
2011-01-03, 12:43 AM
"Very well, the decision is yours, I'll make sure to pass down some medical supplies down the road, those dammed Stukas make it extremely difficult to get anything threw the Volga, as I'm sure you've all noticed along your passage." Ivanovich remarks, nodding his head, as he turns to Arkady.

"How about you solider, what is your name?" He asks, handing him a can of food.

SuperMuldoon
2011-01-03, 04:03 PM
"How about you solider, what is your name?"

"Arkady Sokolov comrade, and many thanks for the food. It is good to eat after a hard day of killing fascists." he says, trying to remain calm and jovial. Now he had to worry about two commissars!

Talkkno
2011-01-03, 07:20 PM
"Good to see you in such high spirits, remember comrades, history is on our side!" Vasily boasts, as he finishes distributes the food, and takes his leave.

The evening proves to relativity uneventful, though as you peer out to the other side, you see that the Germans have stocked the post that was decimated before the squad 3.

As the morning dawns, you see the same group of hanger ons throw Xanatov baldy beaten body into the canning factory floor, the squad quickly dissapearing down the stairway, as the NKVD officer amomg themselves spits at the sharpshooter in disgust, as he awakens drowsed and bloodied.

"That should have taught a good lesson, isn't that right, Xanatov?" He says harshly, kicking him in the gut as if to further prove the point.

"Commissar Yuri, I've found no evidence of him being a fascist sympathizer, but he's brave one all right, disobeying an order and yet not a bit sorry! But Commassiar Ivanovich said all he needed was a good beating to kick the sense into him, this time, but of course, the decision is yours to do with this waste of space as you wish." The officer nods disapprovingly, as he takes his leave.

BudgetDM
2011-01-06, 12:48 AM
Borislav hears Xanatov graceless entrance and winces.

At least he is still alive, thinks Borislav, between his attitude with the commissar and run in with the Germans, I'm didn't see him lasting this long. And remember that you would get that and worse if your thoughts on that manic Stalin were known. If the commissar doesn't kill him I'll try to patch him up later.

Lycan 01
2011-01-06, 09:09 PM
Yuri bids his superior officer a fond farewell, exchanging a handshake and thanking him for his aid. That night, he sleep nestled into a rubble-clear corner wrapped tightly in his stormcoat. His sleep is light, and he awakes with his hand on his pistol at the slightest noise. He has also temporarily procured a German MP-40, as well as a grenade. He leaves the rest of the SMGs and grenades up to the rest of the unit for doling out, although he does give one of the MP-40's to the Tatar. Yuri understands that with a wounded shoulder, his aim will be off, and rather than waste valuable rifle ammunition, it would be better for the soldier to use a weapon that isn't all that accurate in the first place, and who's ammo they can freely waste.

When morning rolls around, Commissar Brekovich is watching the enemy position from a hole in the wall when Xanatov is brought around. With an arched eyebrow, he watches as the soldier is thrown to the ground, and listens to what the NKVD officer has to say. "Thank you. I'm sure I'll have no further trouble from him," he replies with a smirk, before looking down at the battered form of the marksman. "Isn't that right trooper?"

Once the group of officers have taken their leave and are out of sight, the Commissar kneels down next to the broken man and smirks. "So, you survived. That is impressive. I've seen men thrown in the gulag or summarily executed for just one or two of the things you did. You're a lucky bastard. And I'm impressed. You've got guts, and apparently you're quite resilient. Good qualities to have - qualities of a possible Hero of the Soviet Union. That discipline problem, though, completely nullifies them. But it looks like we won't be having that problem any more, correct? Will I be having any more trouble from you, Xanatov?" he arches an eyebrow, waiting for a response.

Moranica
2011-01-07, 03:35 AM
No sir! I understand much better now. It will not happen again in the future. Sir!

Lycan 01
2011-01-07, 03:43 AM
Yuri's smirk deepens. "Excellent..." The Commissar extends his right hand for Xanatov to grasp, so that he can help lift the trooper to his feet. "Somebody get this man something to eat, preferably something warm. Medic, see to his injuries. And whichever rifle is most accurate, trade it to him."

Moranica
2011-01-07, 04:28 AM
Xanatov gladly grasps the extend hand and with some Oeh and Aah! 's he gets up.

BudgetDM
2011-01-07, 08:54 PM
"Medic, see to his injuries."

"Yes, Sir." replies Borislav.

He then motions for Xanatov to sit on a near by piece of rubble.

Healing Dice: [roll0]
Possible Ace: [roll1]

Wild Dice: [roll2]
Possible Ace: [roll3]

SuperMuldoon
2011-01-09, 12:35 PM
Arkady Sokolov

Arkady winces as he sees the very obvious results of the NKVD's beatings on Xanatov. Well, at least the man was still alive. The Germans were killing enough of them already, they needed every warm body they could get.

Arkady fixes up a small portion of food and brings it over the Xanatov, who is currently being patched up by Borislav. "Here comrade, eat up. You will need your strength. This break in the fighting will not last long."

Moranica
2011-01-09, 02:02 PM
Xanatov feels a lot better after the healing, some food and the support from his comrades. "Thank you, comrades. I should be able to be of some use now. At least when it comes to killing germans."

"Commisar Brekovic, where do you want me?"

Talkkno
2011-01-09, 10:47 PM
Borislav manages to ease most of the pain, but without tools, it is clear that it still take time to heal.

As the keening of the dawns rays start come the fullest, you notice Aydar murmuring in a corner, kneeling on his carpet, away from the sun's rays.

The two remaining Ukrainians sitting next to the rest of the group, attempting to light a fire to warm up their meager rations that were given the night before.

Talkkno
2011-01-15, 02:07 AM
"Comrades! I have new orders from HQ." A solider cries, you notice it is Golushko from the day before, looking much fresh faced and obviously had a night of bed rest, he is holding on his back a rather oversized rifle, and shrugs a bag from his shoulder, clanging with large grenades, carefully handing the bag to the Commissar and the rifle in turn.

"Command suspects that the Germans are going to make another push again, a Panzar recently arrived in the sector, your orders are to take it out to blunt their assault." The corporal remarks matter of factly, handing rough drawn map of the area, a big fat red mark indicating where the tank was last sighted.

"There is also the matter of fact of supplies, new shipment came in, anything that might of requestioning sir?" He asks Yuri, standing at attention.

PTRD-41 Range 40/80/160 Damage: 2d10+1 ROF:1 Weight: 38 Shots 1M(Internal magazine), Min STR d8, AP 5 May not Move HW, with 25 shots

2 RPG-40 Anti Tank Grenades Range 4/8/16 Damage: 3d6 Weight: 2.75, Burst: Small AP 8.

The tank was last sighted at Point I on the map.

Lycan 01
2011-01-15, 02:43 AM
Yuri grins at the return of Golushko. "Ah, Corporal. You are looking much better, comrade. I trust you were well received for your heroism?" He then listens to what the man has to say, face set and serious as he processes the information. A Panzer? Interesting. Perhaps they could lure it into a trap, or somehow ambush it. As for requisitioning... "If they can spare the resources, a rifle scope or two may be of use to us. Spare ammunition is, of course, always appreciated. Rations, too."

He then takes the map and begins to examine it, trying to discern the best course of action. As he reads it over, he finally replies to Xanatov. "Soldier, I think I know exactly where I want you. Behind that Anti-Tank rifle. You can handle that, can't you Trooper?"

I'm going to make a Knowledge (Battle) check to see if there are any good locations for an ambush, or if we could perhaps lure it into a position where Xanatov could hit it in a weak point.

Knowledge (Battle): [roll0]

In case something Aces... [roll2]

Talkkno
2011-01-15, 03:37 AM
"Thanks to you sir, they let me on messenger duty, lots of running but not much chance of getting shot besides the odd sniper or two." Golushko laughs nervously, as he writes down the orders.

"And oh yes, courtesy of the Commissar Ivanovich, he personally entrusted me to hand you this medkit, dragged it out of the river, so its lacking in drugs and bandages though is there anything else you would like me to do before I am on my way back to HQ, sir?" He asks, handling a still wet duffel bag.

Your going to have to infiltrate behind enemy lines to get where the tank was last sighted, it should be easy enough to maneuver to the rear or gain access to a second story to take advantage of its weakened armor on its rear and top, where the armor is the weakest due to surrounding buildings and debris, if you can avoid the German squads that are to be sure prowling around the tank, it should not all that difficult to mission kill the tank, doing that and getting back to the front lines however, its all together different matter.

Medkit: A medical kit contains various drugs, supplies, and instruments
for treating casualties, and adds +2 to the Healing rolls of anyone
who uses it. The medic character must keep track of the amount of
perishable supplies within, however. Each kit starts with 10 points
worth of drugs, bandages, and other non-reusable items. Every use
subtracts 1d4 points worth of items.
If the medical kit runs out, the medic can still use the instruments
and non-expendables inside, but does not gain the +2 bonus to his
Healing rolls (but it does negate the usual penalty for having not having one) 5lb
Note: You don't have any non-reusable items in the medkit at the moment, so you can't use it gain a +2 to healing rolls.

Moranica
2011-01-15, 11:46 AM
Taking the rifle from the Commissar, Xanatov looks at it, slightly in awe. "I've used anti-bear rifles before, but this is quite something else." His confidence rising as handles the rifle, he adds:" That tank is dead iron, sir!" Where should I take up position?"

"Also, if someone would know a good method of steadying it that would help immensily.

BudgetDM
2011-01-16, 02:26 AM
[color=blue] "And oh yes, courtesy of the Commissar Ivanovich, he personally entrusted me to hand you this medkit, dragged it out of the river, so its lacking in drugs and bandages though is there anything else you would like me to do before I am on my way back to HQ, sir?" He asks, handling a still wet duffel bag.

Borislav walks up and takes the bag.
"I hope you don't mind if I take this instead of the Commissar." he says to Golushko, "I am the unit medic."

He then looks at the bag. It maybe lacking in bandages, but at least I would feel so naked when I work.

SuperMuldoon
2011-01-18, 11:14 AM
Arkady walks up to the corporal and commissar. "Anti-Armor mission eh? Mind if I take at least one of those anti-tank grenades? I've got a knack for explosives. If we had some high yield ordinance, we could set up a trap and not only knock out the tank but probably quite a few soldiers as well...though that might be too tough to pull off behind enemy lines."

Lycan 01
2011-01-18, 11:08 PM
The Commissar, after several minutes of studying the map, looks up at his men, his face set and his expression grim. "This isn't going to be easy, men. Xanatov, I need you to go to the second shack to the North of this building. There, you will set up a sniping position so that you have field of vision over this area," he points to the area marked as "H" on the map. "A squad of men well be sent to the building between this location and the target area," he points to the building marked on the map between location H and the cannery. "Once they are in position, they will begin firing on the enemy positions, preferably with the captured German machine guns. This will both waste the Fascist ammo, and present the illusion that they are under heavier fire from larger numbers than is the reality. In their panic, they will call in reinforcements - most likely, the tank. Its last location was beyond point H, so it will likely drive around from the Northern corner of the building."

The Commissar points to Xanatov. "When that tank rolls around, you strike. It will not be an easy shot, and you'll need to brace that weapon. I'd suggest setting up some boxes or chairs near the window or hole in the wall you'll be using as a firing point. Perhaps put your bedroll over them, to further stabilize the weapon. But do not position yourself directly in the window - you must not give the enemy marksman a chance to discover your position."

"Once the tank is disable, the men will all return here, to maintain the defense of the cannery and examine the results of the mission. Now..." he slowly looks around the room at all the men, patriotic flame burning in his eyes. "Does anyone desire to volunteer for this mission? Some men must remain behind to defend the cannery - the German's will likely launch an assault once they discover that the defenders have been reduced in number, if only temporarily. I would say at least three men are needed to attack location H, while at least three men must remain behind to defend the cannery."

"Corporal Golushko," he nods to the messenger, "I would like to request more men, if they can be spared. We have a few spare rifles, so if even a handful of unarmed raw recruits can be spared, that can be worked with. We simply cannot allow our resources to be spread too thin, and the cannery must be defended. Especially..." he takes a step closer to the Corporal, and drops his voice to a low growl so that only the messenger can hear him, "If we suffer heavy losses against the tank."

Talkkno
2011-01-19, 12:31 AM
"I'll see what can be done, comrade." The Corporal nods solemnly, turning away, running down the side of the factory and back to HQ.

Aydar is the first to step forward, flexing his shoulder wound for bit and holding his gun across his chest.

"I ready, sir. The Tatar replies to the call to arms.

Moranica
2011-01-19, 07:49 AM
"Yes sir! I have not shot tanks before, but I can't imagine anything easier to hit then a huge chunk of slow, moving metal. Anything in particular I should aim for? Tracks, people?"

Lycan 01
2011-01-19, 08:53 AM
"If you can hit the tracks, that will immobilize it. But, the turret would still be able to track us. I'd suggest aiming for the body, since a penetrating round should entirely disable the machine. If the plan works, then it should expose its side to you as it circles around the corner of the building. Do not aim for the front, as it would be more difficult to puncture. The side isn't much better, but, its our best shot. If you can't penetrate the body, then aim for the tracks, so that it will at least be unable to pursue us or attack the cannery. Failing that... we'll get creative..." he shrugs, picking up an anti-tank grenade and weighing it in his hand.

Moranica
2011-01-19, 09:08 AM
"Will do sir!"

Xanatov then procedes to stealthily make his way to the second shack. Taking with him anything that he thinks might be usefull as a brace for his rifle.

BudgetDM
2011-01-19, 10:36 AM
"Does anyone desire to volunteer for this mission?."

"I volunteer, Sir." says Borislav.

As he says it he thinks, why? Why did I just volunteer this mission? He asked volunteers, which means that not going was acceptable. Why did I say I would go?

Talkkno
2011-01-20, 03:44 AM
Xanatov dashes across the street to the nearby buildings, also filled with members of his company, as he made it into the building, scampering his way to the top floor, offering a clear view via window of the surroundings, his comrades below bemused by the scampering and carrying the huge rifle, but otherwise pay him no heed as they remain in their positions.

The room above the living room below is sparsely furnished, two chairs and a table, but no much else to speak of.

Xanatov takes
[roll0] Damage

Moranica
2011-01-20, 05:48 PM
Xanatov wipes his forehead as he barely makes it to the building in one piece. After seeing what he has to work with he starts right away. First he tries to make something to brace the weapon with from the two chairs and sets it up by the window. Next he tries to put the table up against the window and carve a looking and a shooting hole in it with his knifes.

Lycan 01
2011-01-20, 07:48 PM
Commissar Brekovich smiles at Aydar and Borislav. "You are a credit to the Communist Party. Both of you, take a German machine gun. We'll use the filthy dogs' own weapons against them. Fire suppressive bursts with the SMGs, then take a few shots with your rifle. The alternation of fire will make them think we have more men and weapons then we really possess. Make the rifle shots count, but with the machine guns, focus more on keeping them pinned than firing for accuracy."

Yuri quickly looks over the rest of the men in the room, and mentally notes the weapons and gear they all have, trying to determine what the best load-out for the mission would be. Four MP-40's, two German grenades, two Anti-Tank Grenades, and Xanatov had the Anti-Tank Rifle. Speaking of Xanatov, the Commissar's ears perked up at the staccato clatter of machine guns that followed in the wake of the marksman's departure. The gunfire had come in sustained bursts... clearly, Xanatov had made himself a hard target.

"Alright, that's two volunteers. We need one more... Or do I have to pick out who needs to fulfill their Patriotic Duty?" he growls.

Talkkno
2011-01-21, 01:37 AM
One of Ukrainian soldiers from before, stands to attention and steps forward, shaking a little, he looks young enough to still be in teens as he says, holding if rifle across breast.
"Private Fedir, reporting"

Lycan 01
2011-01-22, 02:51 AM
"You're a credit to your country and your cause, Comrade," Commissar Yuri nods to the Ukrainian. He then doles out the weapons and gear as needed. "Soldiers of the Soviet Union, the time has come for you to take the fight to the enemy, to turn their own weapons against them, and to nourish the land with the blood of fascist pigs. Do your patriotic duty, soldiers, and you will earn the title of Hero. Now, follow me!" he snarls, hefting his own MP-40 and quickly darting off towards the target building, sticking to the shadows, rubble, and craters as he makes his journey.

Gonna try and be sneaky so I don't get shot up...

Stealth: [roll0]

Potential Ace: [roll2]

BudgetDM
2011-01-22, 03:40 PM
"Yes Sir," Borislav says grabbing his guns and following.

This was going to be hard. A tank is not something to be taken lightly. First I should find a good place to hide...

Borislav pauses then corrects himself.

I should find a secure location to snipe from. Then just hope that Xanatov makes the shot. And even if he doesn't I have this Anti-Tank Grenade.

As that last thought goes through his mind, Borislav works hard to ignore that little voice of logic that tries to point out how close he'd have to be for that to be any good.

Stealth Dice: [roll0]

Talkkno
2011-01-22, 11:12 PM
The group manages to dart across the debris and wreckage of no man's land unnoticed, as they keen closer, hiding behind a destroyed truck, they notice that the building's windows is manned by a German fireteam, a machine gun poking out of the bottom windowsill, two rifles peering into the land on the 2nd floor, and another one the bottom. You notice that smoke is arising is from is arising threw a hole in the boomed out roof of the home. The place where the door is blasted open, little more then a patchwork of splinters, but the wood still prevents you from peering inside the house directly from that direction, the space behind the windows appear to be empty.

Notice rolls please

Lycan 01
2011-01-22, 11:26 PM
Peeking around the truck, Yuri ponders this new turn of events. This actually could work in their favor. If they attacked this building, and they managed to cause enough trouble for the Germans, then the tank would be much more motivated to come out and play. And then Xanatov could destroy the Nazi behemoth.

But first, they needed to clear the building. The machine gun was their biggest problem. But, a grenade or two could easily deal with that. "Aydar..." he whispers to the wounded Tatar. "Give your fragmentation grenade to Comrade Borislav. Then we shall wait for the right moment to strike...."

In case of ace: [roll2]

Talkkno
2011-01-22, 11:39 PM
Aydar nods silently, handing Borislav the grenade

Yuri
You smell the faint aroma of food being cooked emerging from the window.

Everyone
You currently are about 20 yards from the door, 22 yards from the nearest window.

BudgetDM
2011-01-23, 12:27 AM
Yes, thinks Borislav, give the doctor MORE explosives. He is clearly the most qualified person to use them.

Notice Dice: [roll0]

SuperMuldoon
2011-01-24, 12:44 AM
Arkady crouches behind the truck near the back of the group and double checks his weapon to make sure its clean. German guns were wonderfully made, but they couldn't stand up to the mud and grit like the good old Russian ones. He looks to the Commissar. "So what is the plan, Comrade?"

Lycan 01
2011-01-24, 03:47 PM
"The plan is..." Commissar Yuri growls, "A speedy assault, to catch them off guard. I can smell food cooking, so at least one soldier is preoccupied. We will simply rush the building. Aydar, Fedir, do not fire your weapons as you advance - simply focus on getting through that front door. The moment you get inside, kill anything that isn't a Soviet. Borislav," he nods to the medic, "You will need to throw that frag grenade into the second floor window, where the two enemy riflemen are. Arkady," he nods to the other Russian, "As we advance, you will fire on the rifleman in the first floor window. Fire for effect if you can - we need to save some of that SMG ammo for the rest of the plan. I will open fire on the German on the machine gun as we advance, and try to kill him before he can ready his weapon."

"If this works, then the grenade should go off just before Aydar and Fedir reach the building, killing the Germans up there and likely doing collateral damage, while the German MG and window-shooter on the first floor will hopefully be out of action. The men inside will likely be caught off guard, possibly even stunned if the grenade manages to cave in the ceiling. All it should take is a machine-gun sweep or two..." he smirks. "Any questions?"

BudgetDM
2011-01-25, 05:34 PM
"Any questions?"

Yes, is there any chance of this working? How the hell am I supposed to get this grenade through that window?

"No Sir." answers Borislav.

SuperMuldoon
2011-01-26, 10:42 AM
Arkady nods at the Commissar. "No questions comrade commissar. Let's ventilate some fascists." he says, holding up his appropriated MP-40.

Talkkno
2011-01-26, 03:47 PM
The other troops grunt in affirmation, awaiting for the signal to go.

Lycan 01
2011-01-28, 01:59 PM
"Remain silent until you are upon them - let them have no warning of our approach until they hear the clatter of our guns..." Yuri warns. The Commissar training within him then takes over, and he decides that perhaps some words of encouragement will stoke their loyalty and zeal, and banish whatever fear remains in the hearts of his troops. "Your actions here will determine the fate of our mission. Do not falter, do not be complacent, give only your best and your all for the sake of your country and the Communist Cause. These Fascists deserve no mercy, for they have come to our land and spilled our blood. Let their screams of pain and please for salvation be our symphony of victory, and let their blood reconsecrate this patch of land as Soviet soil. Men, comrades, brothers... Let us go!" he snarls.

And with that, Commissar Brekovich dashes from behind the bullet riddled truck, and begins a full-on sprint towards the German-held building. As he runs, he locks his eyes on the German machine gunner, waiting for the man to react. As soon as the Fascist spots him, Yuri raises his captured MP-40 and pours a three-shot burst into the Nazi dog's body. The last thing that filthy Fascist ever sees is the furious face of Soviet fanaticism incarnate.

Might as well try to encourage the troops, or at least the NPCs. Persuasion, right?

Persuasion: [roll0]

Now... a 3 shot burst. I've got -2 for taking two actions... Actually...

Rather than running, I'm just going to move my regular pace, which puts me at 14 yards. Unfortunately, the Short range for an MP-40 is 12, so I guess I take a -1 penalty. Still, I guess I'd rather have the -1 penalty than the -2...

(Actually, the range measurements of weapons are in "inches" for battle maps, and each inch is equal to 2 in-game yards... So technically the Short range of an MP-40 is 24 yards. BUT, I'm not going to actively argue for this. If you want to remove the range penalty, just let me know. Otherwise, I'm including it in my rolls...)

At any rate, 3 shots with MP-40. That means -2 for Auto Fire, -1 for range, and only 1 Wild Die.

Shot 1: [roll3]
Shot 2: [roll4]
Shot 3: [roll5]

Wild: [roll6]

In case of Aces:
[roll7]
[roll8]

I'll roll Damage or Bennies in the IC thread...

Talkkno
2011-01-28, 04:22 PM
Encouraged, Fedir and Aydar throw themselves toward the door, with a hearty Ourrah echoing their advance.

Yuri advances right behind them, firing off a burst that rattles the machinegunner, ducking behind cover.

BudgetDM
2011-01-28, 10:00 PM
Borislav takes a deep breath, jumps out from behind cover, and charges the Nazi held building.

If I am quite the first sign of my coming could be my grenade. All I...

And then the shots rang out.

Well, when in Rome, he thinks aiming at the rifleman on the first floor.

This might get me killed,but no risk no reward.
Running Dice:

Shooting Dice 1: [roll1]
Shooting Dice 2: [roll2]
Shooting Dice 3: [roll3]
Possible Ace: [roll]1d1d6

Wild Dice: [roll4]

Talkkno
2011-01-29, 01:46 AM
Borislav burst of fire take down one of the rifleman as he advances, the body slumping out the window as the bullets rain down towards the home.

SuperMuldoon
2011-01-30, 11:12 AM
Arkady nods at the commissar, heartened by his patriotic words. Then he sprints out, following him into battle. Sighting on his target, the Nazi rifleman in the window, Arkady raises his MP-40 and fires a burst. "Die, Nazi scum!"

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

Talkkno
2011-01-30, 07:10 PM
Arkady shot's all go nowhere, ricocheting all over the building's walls. The Germans all form up in good order, as rifle fire peppers to rushing Soviets, the machine gunner pops his head again, turning it toward their direction, as rallying cries are heard in the back of the building.

Borislav is now shaken, remember you can use a benny to negate shaken result immediately.

Lycan 01
2011-02-01, 06:58 AM
"Keep going, keep going!" Commissar Brekovich roars, continuing his own advance and unleashing another burst of fire at the MG nest. "Somebody get a grenade in that top window! Everyone else, make for the door!"

Shooting at the MG nest, 3 round burst. I think I've moved into Short Range, so now its just the -2 penalty.

Shooting:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Wild:
[roll3]

Aces:
[roll4]
[roll5]

That's just saaaaaaaad... :smallsigh:

SuperMuldoon
2011-02-01, 11:50 AM
Arkady stops and pulls out the looted german frag grenade. "Fire in the hole!" he yells, lobbing the grenade up to the second floor window.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Talkkno
2011-02-02, 06:07 PM
Brekovich sprays his submachine gun with little effect, mostly chipping against the wall, as a grenade flies directly over shots into the window exploding with deadly effect as two corpses fall down the building with a satisfying crunch as they hit the ground floor.

You got really lucky on the scatter die...

BudgetDM
2011-02-02, 08:51 PM
Borislav is about to pull the pin on his grenade when Arkady's grenade explodes. He groans.

The commissar won't be happy. I was just trying to get close enough to be sure. Well, I had best make for the front door.

With that he runs for the door.

OCC: I still can't believe that I messed up the grenade thing.

Game stuff: I'm only taking my move action. I'll take the rest of my turn when I find out A) if I make it to the door and B) what is inside.

Running: [roll0]

Notice Dice: [roll1]
Possible Ace: [roll2]

Wild Dice: [roll3]
Possible Ace: [roll4]

Talkkno
2011-02-03, 03:03 AM
Borislav rushes towards the door, the other two Soviets closing in just right behind him as he kicks in the door, revealing a long hallway with a door running to the side to the room next with the machinegunner, as the end of the hallway is blocked with makeshift barricade of chairs and sofas with 3 Germans manning it, the facisit in the middle throwing a grenade thrown in Borislav's direction with his right as screaming "Granate!" as bullets wiss by his head.

I would like to note your body is a "cover" of sorts for the two behind you.
Damage [roll0]

BudgetDM
2011-02-04, 02:36 AM
Momentarily, shaken by the grenades, Borislav rallies and fires and the Germans.

Bennie spent.
Miracle shot time. Shooting once at each German.
Shooting Dice1: [roll0]

Shooting Dice2: [roll2]

Shooting Dice3: [roll4]

Wild Dice: [roll6]
Possible Ace: [roll7]

I would like to note your body is a "cover" of sorts for the two behind you.

I'm helping! :elan:

Talkkno
2011-02-05, 12:45 AM
Borislav's sweeping fire with his submachine gun works with great effect, as he guns down the German in the middle and the one the right falls moments later from the Tatar's peppering fire as well.

In response the lone fascist panicked drops prone behind the barricade,

The path to the barricade is 10 yards, which the hallway extends down another 10 yards, leading to another door. The door to the machinegunner is 5 yards towards the hallway

Outside Brekovich and Arkady are only meters from the door, but the machine gunner swivels towards them spits out a wall of lead.

You are now being suppressed, make a spirit rolls, if you fail you are shaken, if you roll a 1, you take [roll0] damage.

Lycan 01
2011-02-05, 06:02 PM
Bullets rip through the air around Yuri, but he doesn't halt his advance. In fact, the Commissar almost seems to be emboldened by the heavy fire being hurled in his direction. But out of the corner of his eye, he witnesses the team's medic momentarily enveloped in an explosion smoke and flame as he reaches the building's doorway. For a brief moment, he fears that Borislav has been killed by a German grenade. But then to his surprise and amazement, when the smoke clears he sees the medic not only alive, but standing his ground and returning fire into the building. The Nazi death-screams from within fill the Russianofficer's heart with sadistic glee, and he can't help but feel proud of the man under his command.

A shrill whine fills his right ear as a bullet whizzes less than an inch past it. Yuri returns his attention to the German machine-gunner. The Fritz was daring to fire upon him, daring to stand in the way of Soviet victory. He was an obstacle in the path of Communism, tainting the once-pure Russian soil which he was now trying so vainly to claim as his own. He thought he could hold back the Commissar and his men. He thought he could hold back destiny. And Yuri was not going to be having any of that.

"HAH!!" the Commissar roars a throaty laugh in the face of the Wehrmacht trooper trying to kill him. Ignoring the bullets being hurled at him, he quickly lunges towards the machine gun nest, and brings his MP-40 to bear. "YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO TRY A LOT HARDER THAN THAT, YOU FASCIST BASTARD!!" he haughtily exclaims as he lets off a burst of SMG fire, a demented grin plastered across his face.

Moving my Pace towards the German MG nest.

And now Yuri is going to light that sucker up with a 3-round burst, and in a very fanatical manner...

Shooting:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Wild:
[roll3]

Aces:
[roll4]
[roll5]

Talkkno
2011-02-06, 12:51 AM
Yuri marches undaunted, as the bullets fly all around him, seemly unable to find their mark, the officer stops just a hair over dozen meters, has he unleashes a torrent of lead in return. Almost all the bullets find their mark, as they turn the machine gun into a torrent of fragments, his face and chest turns in little more then a ruined bloody stumps, as the keels over dead backwards into the room.

SuperMuldoon
2011-02-07, 12:56 AM
Outside Brekovich and Arkady are only meters from the door, but the machine gunner swivels towards them spits out a wall of lead.

"LOOK OUT!" Arkady's eyes go wide as he sees the barrel of the MG turn to face him. He quickly scrambles to avoid the incoming machine gun fire and try to dive out of the way, taking Brekovich with him.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

see OOC for benny reroll

SuperMuldoon
2011-02-07, 09:36 AM
The roar of the MG fire dies out and gives way to the Commissar's yelling. Arkady looks up to see the MG silent and Yuri standing victoriously over what remains of the shredded body of the gunner. Arkady quickly grabs Brekovich and hurries inside the house. "Thank you Comrade Commissar, I believe you just saved my life." he says in thanks, as he turns his attention to what remained of the MG. "Damn, I really wanted to use that." he says, wiping some grime off his face before checking to see if any of the shredded German's equipment is salvageable (ammo clips, grenades etc.)

BudgetDM
2011-02-07, 12:54 PM
Borislav dashes toward the barricade pulling the regular grenade's pin. He throws toward the barricade then goes prone.

I'm moving my pace and trying to throw the grenade over the barricade.

Throwing Dice: [roll0]

Damege: [roll4]

Talkkno
2011-02-09, 04:25 AM
Borislav's grenade falls true, bursting just right above the barricade, but fails to elicit any response.

Arkady combs the room above and below the machine gun nest room, but fails to find anything of use besides a few Kar98's and a few shovels.

SuperMuldoon
2011-02-09, 09:58 AM
"Damn...well maybe they have a small ammo dump or something here-" Arkady says, stopping short when the grenade goes off. He rushes to the source of the explosion, peeking around the corner and seeing Borislav prone in front of a small barricade. Arkady leans out and trains his gun on the barricade, waiting for any Germans to pop their heads out.

Lycan 01
2011-02-09, 05:46 PM
"What are you waiting for?" Commissar Brekovich growls as he faults over the broken wall the MG was nested behind. His boots slip a bit on the blood of his fallen foe, but he easily keeps his balance. He scans the room with his SMG, then pauses to spit on the shattered remains of the German. "We have them on the run! Push forward, you dogs!"

BudgetDM
2011-02-09, 09:14 PM
Borislav hears his grenade explode and nods approval.

Hopefully, that's all for him then. Still best be sure.

He then get's up and walks toward the barricade, gun at the ready.

Notice Dice: [roll0]

If he see's anything he going to shoot it.

Shooting Dice1: [roll4]
Shooting Dice2: [roll6]
Shooting Dice3: [roll8]
Possible Ace: [roll9]

Wild Dice: [roll10]
Possible Ace: [roll11]

Damage for Shot1: [roll12]
Ace: [roll13]

Damage for Shot2: [roll14]
Ace: [roll15]

Damage for Shot3: [roll16]
Ace: [roll17]

Talkkno
2011-02-10, 01:35 AM
With a sight as keen as a eagle Borislav notices as he takes the point, Fedir and Aydar moving right behind him, he notices the slight rumbling along the middle of the barricade and hears shifting of pockets.

Do you still want to fire?

Talkkno
2011-02-13, 10:37 PM
Borislav moves closer, his gun steady in his hand, as he peers over the barricade, as he notices the German that dropped the below the barricade earlier hefting his two comrades on his back, a grenade on his right hand, as his face turns to face the medic, his face unsure as he stares down the barrel of the gun, as he begins to shrug his wounded comrades bodies, the grenade firmly in his hand.

BudgetDM
2011-02-13, 10:44 PM
Borislav opens fire.

Damage for Shot1: [roll8]
Ace: [roll9]

Damage for Shot2: [roll10]
Ace: [roll11]

Damage for Shot3: [roll12]

Talkkno
2011-02-14, 05:08 PM
Never one to blink first, Borislav opens fire, riddling the lone German with bullets.

SuperMuldoon
2011-02-16, 09:22 AM
Arkady runs up to Borislav and the barricade and quickly scans the room to make sure no other Germans are hiding, ready to blow them away. "Is the house clear?" he yells back to the other soldiers.

Talkkno
2011-02-18, 01:51 AM
Arkady finds no more Germans within the vicinity of the building.

Do you want to open the door ahead?

BudgetDM
2011-02-19, 12:26 AM
Borislav gets Arkady's attention and gestures to the door.

"I have an idea. On the count of five you open the door and I spray the room."

Lycan 01
2011-02-19, 11:40 AM
Having found nothing else of interest in the MG nest room, Commissar Brekovich rushes to join the rest of his squad. "I see you men have handled the Germans very well. Excellent, excellent. You are all testaments to the might of the Soviet Union. Now, lets keep moving..." As he hops over the barricade, he takes the grenade that the German soldier had intended to use. "This should come in handy. Does anyone know what's behind that door?" he growls, nodding to the door at the end of the hall.

BudgetDM
2011-02-19, 08:22 PM
"Does anyone know what's behind that door?"

"No sir," relies Borislav, "But since whatever is on the other side is most likely German, I was about to open the door and fire a burst of machine gun fire into the room."

SuperMuldoon
2011-02-20, 01:02 PM
"I have an idea. On the count of five you open the door and I spray the room."

Arkady nods and moves to the side of the door, on hand on his MP-40, the other hand on the doorknob ready to push it open on the count of five.

BudgetDM
2011-02-22, 02:02 AM
Borislav starts counting down quietly.

"5...4...3...2...1!"

Assuming nothing happens to stop the door from opening Borislav will use suppression fire.

Shooting Dice: [roll0]

And then my gun is out of bullets.

SuperMuldoon
2011-02-22, 10:13 AM
"5...4...3...2...1!"

Arkady turns the handle and opens the door, and gets out of the way of Borislav's hail of bullets. He readies his own MP-40 in case of any counterattacks.

Talkkno
2011-02-23, 09:02 PM
Arkady opens the door is meet with withering suppressive fire from a machinegun, as the door swings open to open streets behind the building, as a German squad lays down fire prone out in the open, one of them operating a radio and barking into it as just as the bullets start flying, half the squad detaching getting group and detaching as they begin to attempt a flanking maneuver around the building.

They are 60 yards from you, everyone take a Spirit test, if you roll a 1, you take [roll0] Damage. Remember that you get +2 to recover from shaken thanks to Yuri's aura

Lycan 01
2011-02-23, 09:16 PM
"TAKE COVER!!" Commissar Brekovich roars, dropping low to the ground as bullets begin to punch through the wall above his head, showering him with plaster dust and wood splinters.

Spirit: [roll0]

As he tries to avoid getting shot, Yuri looks around for any other doors or pathways. Specifically, he wants to know how to get upstairs...

BudgetDM
2011-02-24, 03:02 AM
"Damn it," says Borislav as he tries to dodge out of the way.

Spirit:[roll0]
Ace:[roll1]

Ace:[roll3]

SuperMuldoon
2011-02-24, 10:42 AM
Arkady dives down to the ground, away from the door. "That didn't go as planned. Well, at least we know where the Germans are."

[roll0]
[roll1]

Talkkno
2011-02-25, 02:17 AM
Borislav and Arkady manage to make back over the barricade as the torrent of bullets keep the other 3 suppressed.

Just as Brekovich begins to recover his wits however, the machine gun fire begins to draw more accurately.

Yuri takes 9 damage, you can roll your spirit now to get out of suppression now.

BudgetDM
2011-02-27, 02:22 AM
Borislav pops up from behind the barricade and takes a shot at the machine gunner.

I'm assuming the I didn't get chance to fire and still have bullets. If not the silence form Borislav's gun is deafening.

Lycan 01
2011-03-05, 11:04 AM
Yuri snarls as a bullet rips into his shoulder. Whether the injury is severe or just a flesh wound is not visible...

I got hit with 9 damage, which is 4 over my Toughness. So I'm shaken and take 1 Wound.

I spend a Benny to try and Soak the damage.

Vigor: [roll0]

Ace: [roll2]

I succeeded, which removes my 1 Wound and my Shaken result. I can now act normally this round.

Lycan 01
2011-03-05, 11:10 AM
Yuri's wound is obviously not too severe, as he quickly recovers from it. Finding a lull in the incoming enemy fire, Yuri hops to his feet and snarls: "Hold your positions, men! I'm going upstairs to try and hit them from above with grenade and bullet! Don't falter, my Patriot Brethren!"

He then begins to head back down the hallway, looking for the stairway that leads upstairs.

SuperMuldoon
2011-03-07, 10:01 AM
Arkady nods at the Commissar, before gritting his teeth and popping around the doorway to fire a burst from his MP-40 at the German MG position. Coming back into cover, he yells to Borislav. "Where the hell is that damn tank?!"

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

Talkkno
2011-03-11, 01:25 AM
Their shots all miss as they spray widely in the direction, as the machine gunner fires back in return with little effect besides tearing into the barricades as Yuri makes it to the roof.

Yuri
You see into the distance that you long sought, heading around in the direciton as you predicted... '

Xantov:
The tank you been waiting this entire time has emerged, its fearsome frontal armor clearly within your view...

Moranica
2011-03-11, 05:28 AM
"It is time my friend! We will wait for it to pass and hit it from behind or the side if we get the chance. You know what to do!"

BudgetDM
2011-03-14, 01:17 AM
"Where the hell is that damn tank?!"

"I have no idea, but if we keep shooting at the radio operator it will likely be here soon."

Borislav then fires a burst at the radio operator.

Lycan 01
2011-03-16, 12:53 AM
Yuri

The Commissar notices the German soldiers trying to go around the building. Pulling the pin from the German grenade he'd picked up moments before, he hurls the grenade with all his might.

Throw: [roll0]
Ace: [roll1]

Ace: [roll3]

SuperMuldoon
2011-03-16, 08:58 AM
"I have no idea, but if we keep shooting at the radio operator it will likely be here soon."

Arkady grins as the flash from Borislav's MP-40 lights up the room. "Dah comrade, that is a good strategy!" he says, following Borislav's lead and firing a burst at the radio operator.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]