PDA

View Full Version : Healing Totem

cfalcon
2010-12-06, 07:07 PM
I'm looking for a mechanic or otherwise interesting feature that will nudge my next gaming session, which is looking at like a February start date, into not having whatever divine caster shoehorned into a healer role, while still having access to decent healing when needed.

Wands of Cure Light Wounds are a pretty good start. But I'd also like something that sort of helps everyone out, like the the druid area heal over rounds effect.

Does anyone have a decent idea? In the game I'm playing in (and very likely similar in the game I'll be running) a seriously threatening enemy warrior of any sort will generally beat someone up a tiny bit, decently, or to within an inch of their life (or into unconsciousness or death with very luck rolls). Normally, any but the first will prompt "the healer" (whichever PC can cast heal spells) into action, as even a decently beat up player is within death's grasp if the dice are set against him.

Something that heals the group in an area a small or decent amount each round could be used without action. Whatever this is, it would have to be something that wouldn't be too broken if the enemies have it too sometimes.

If no one has any ideas, that's ok too. I was just hoping!

FishAreWet
2010-12-06, 07:10 PM
Dragon Shaman has a Fast Healing aura.

JaronK
2010-12-06, 07:11 PM
Lesser Mass Vigor. Third level spell, gives all nearby allies Fast Healing 1 for 10+CL rounds.

Binders can bind Buer, giving all day long slow healing. They need a few levels to do it though.

If you make everyone undead, Black Sand can give all day long fast healing 1d6, while creating a Necrosis Carnex will give you a free healer for the party. The Tomb Tainted Soul feat would work instead of making people undead, if you like.

JaronK