PDA

View Full Version : {Nexus} Outside XIX

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Lex-Kat
2010-12-06, 07:53 PM
This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
The menacing crabs. These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
The non-existant duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.

The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.
Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about. :smallsmile:

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
[Dead Pine Lake]
This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/p243360-Delray_Beach_FL-Wetlands_sc.jpg

[The Islands]

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]

Gersemi the seighkona lives on a small island in the archipelago with a single hut and a few sheep. Inside the hut, there is a single room, and a fireplace. A loom rests in one corner.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Gersemi.)

[Redbrick Falls]

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Norosa, Great City of the Elves]
A Lawful Evil city with an incredibly strong military and a very charismatic leader (Archmage Tyrion Lannister). It has a few CG resisters, but, otherwise, it is a city of peace and law, despite its evil nature.

[Brillian's Baneful Bestiary]
A secret series of caves where a mad scientist lives. A mad scientist who creates mutant attack creatures. These can be purchased for the right price.

[Auxiliary MagCave]

A relic from the days of the Age of Apocalypse, this abandoned cavern was once used by the infamous cyborg Magtok as a back-up laboratory and underground fortress, should Calublufiok have ever stormed the primary MagCave.

[The Katz Motel]
Located in the middle of Nowhere, our roadside motel is the only decent place for miles near the Taverna that has a bed. Run by a suave anthropomorphic cat, there is a strict No Dogs policy.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090705011306/courage/images/b/bc/Katz.png

A bellhop by the name of Bates is always ready to assist in carrying your luggage. Please ignore his constant mutterings about his mother. Other more unsavory employees can occasionally be found. Please try to avoid eye contact with them.

We at the Katz Motel wish to ensure you have a splendid stay. Any inconvenience due to randomly locking doors, giant spiders, secret passages, vampires, creepy paintings, and the occasional possession and subsequent exorcism are incredibly rare. Just look at our complaint cards! Not a single one mentions dying horribly in their sleep or becoming food for the monster in the basement.

And if you get bored, the owner will always be up for a game of sport, old boy.

((The Katz Motel is a horror filled place with the highest casualty rate of any motel in the Nexus area. Checking in is usually pretty easy and pleasant. Checking out is rare. Anyone can play the Motel and the NPCs within, free to invent their own horror. The NPCs within that can die usually only suffer death temporarily, the supernatural force causing the disturbances bringing them back to life for its own nefarious purposes. PCs get no benefit from this.))

[The Troll Cave]
A cave in a craggy hill. The undergrowth outside is trampled completely flat, and there's not much wildlife. There's a burned patch where a fire is sometimes there. Inside are a few large caves, linked by surprisingly smooth tunnels that look like something big has been regularly pushing through them.

[Blind Cat's Bluff]
A sheer cliff dropoff that travels straight down into the water, this is a favored point of people who commit suicide, romantics wanting to watch the sunset and anyone looking to get rid of evidence. The drop is pretty far and there are rocks at the bottom that spell almost certain doom, so watch your step.

PM Whoever's posted the current Outside thread if you wish to add locations to Outside.

Lex-Kat
2010-12-06, 07:56 PM
{Beddling}

Melody shakes her head no.

Billy just stares blankly ahead. Um, do you want me to come, or am I free when you guys leave?

"Free to leave I suppose."

"You'll free to go, but please remember what I said, alright?" Quinn says, giving Billy a small smile.
Well, let's head for this Watchtower then. Melody says, and begins climbing up the stairs.

UncleWolf
2010-12-06, 07:59 PM
Jungle

Fluffy's arms are bit, but unless the hounds' teeth are especially strong and long, they'll fail to penetrate his scales. Even so, he continues to use his greater mass and brutal strength to break them apart.

The Bushranger
2010-12-06, 10:43 PM
[B]{Beddling}

Well, let's head for this Watchtower then. Melody says, and begins climbing up the stairs.

Quinn nods, and turns to follow as well - after giving Reinholdt a 'keep an eye on Billy while we depart' look.

Reinholdt
2010-12-06, 10:47 PM
Earl's Fortress

There's lots of huts on both sides of the river; they haven't been looked in, yet. But the only path two paths are the one they used to get here and the elevator shaft; it shouldn't be too hard to find. An elevator, though, that's where the trouble is.

"So... fly up the elevator shaft then?" Reinholdt asks Ermine.

Rocket Wreckage

"I don't need to sleep. But fine, go with your mind-minions. I don't care; there's a village here I can bend to my will." Nephrim will turn towards the village and knock on one of the doors. She's still wearing the shape of a red-haired boy with blue eyes and (now rather battered) green clothing. Plus she has a magic halberd, a wicked-looking knife and guns stolen from Gordon ages ago.

He doesn't have to go that far. Villagers were watching. I suppose I should describe them. They all are wearing monocles. They all are carrying teacups filled with tea and they all extend their pinkies while holding them.

And they all are wearing just loincloths. It makes Butler look like he's wearing a lot.

Oh. And when Nephrim approaches, one shouts.
"I say! The star person comes!"
And they all bow in a group, none of the tea in their cups spilling.

{Beddling}

Reinholdt follows up for now. At least until they're out of sight of the area and safe from attacks. He keeps an eye on Billy.

VampireRot
2010-12-06, 10:55 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

"Sounds loike a plan, pinky."

Ermine grins, and walks up to Reinholdt. She'll allow herself to be picked up, whether Reinholdt goes in cat form or human form, and flown up the elevator shaft. And probably huddle against him a bit more than necessary once more. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2010-12-06, 11:00 PM
{Beddling}

Billy follows everyone up. He causes no problems as Quinn and Melody leave.

He even allows Reinholdt to tie him up again, if the cat will feel better.

Melody spreads her wings and waits for Quinn to lead her to Watchtower. She knows of it, but not where it is. Bye Reinholdt. Tell Mama I love her. she smiles at him before leaving.

Reinholdt
2010-12-06, 11:10 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

"Sounds loike a plan, pinky."

Ermine grins, and walks up to Reinholdt. She'll allow herself to be picked up, whether Reinholdt goes in cat form or human form, and flown up the elevator shaft. And probably huddle against him a bit more than necessary once more. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt shifts into human form.
And reaches down to grab Ermine by the scruff of the neck before flying up.
I don't think there are going to be cuddles.
Course it might not work as well on ermines as it would cats.

{Beddling}

Billy follows everyone up. He causes no problems as Quinn and Melody leave.

He even allows Reinholdt to tie him up again, if the cat will feel better.

Melody spreads her wings and waits for Quinn to lead her to Watchtower. She knows of it, but not where it is. Bye Reinholdt. Tell Mama I love her. she smiles at him before leaving.

"I'll drop by and let her know you're doing alright." Reinholdt smiles.
"Call me once you hear something."

As for Billy, Reinholdt does not tie him up again. As soon as they're a safe distance away from the hut, he lets Billy return to take care of father and uncle.

The Bushranger
2010-12-06, 11:33 PM
[Beddling]

Quinn nods a curt farewell to Billy, then a less curt one to Reinholdt. "Fare well."

...then she turns to Melody, holding out her hand with a smile. "We won't have to fly. I can just teleport us there."

------

[The Beach]

Meanwhile, a certain pale shadowdancer and a certain half-infernal half-Valkyrie arrive at the beach, hand in hand.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-06, 11:46 PM
[The Beach]

As Kara gets there, she takes her bar of soap out of her pocket and lays it on the sand- with care.

And then she takes her clothing off.

The Bushranger
2010-12-06, 11:50 PM
[The Beach]

Becky, meanwhile, strips down to her swimsuit. And eyes Kara appreciatively.

As she produces a pair of towels and a umbrella from her Bag of Holding, and sets them up on the sand.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-06, 11:52 PM
[The Beach]

Kara picks up her bar of soap, stretches a little, enjoying the sun on her skin, and then runs off into the surf.

Becky, if she's still watching, will notice that Kara, despite being rather graceful on land, is about as good in the water as a brick. Odd, that.

The Bushranger
2010-12-07, 12:02 AM
[The Beach]

Becky is indeed watching as she plops her rear down on the beach towel. And admiring. And looking a bit surprised - and slightly bemused - at her friend's lack of grace in the water.

Clearly, those wings don't make her a flying fish.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-07, 12:04 AM
[The Beach]

Kara begins scrubbing herself with the soap quite thoroughly, all over, even her wings. And once she's done this, she rubs the soap residue a bit, again, all over, and then dives under the water to wash it all off.

She does this three times.

After that, she sits in the surf, preening her wings, specifically to get rid of any remaining lice.

Reinholdt
2010-12-07, 12:08 AM
[Beddling -> Gersemi's Isle]

Reinholdt flies off, to head here and give Happy some updates.

The Bushranger
2010-12-07, 12:10 AM
[The Beach]

Becky, who has put on a pair of really cool shades by this point, has a book to read. Advanced Shadowcasting for Geniuses. It's not being read, though, because she's too busy admiring Kara as she bathes.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-07, 12:12 AM
[The Beach]

Once Kara's done, she gets out of the water, and shakes her wings dry, which leaves them amusingly fluffed up. She walks up to where Becky is, and sits down beside her.

The Bushranger
2010-12-07, 12:26 AM
[The Beach]

Becky, incorrigible brat that she is, wolf-whistles as Kara walks over.
"Man. You sure know how to put on a show, good lookin'. All clean now?" she asks with a grin.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-07, 12:27 AM
Kara nods.
Wings aren't itchy any more, either.
Kara slides herself over and gives Becky a snuggle.

The Bushranger
2010-12-07, 12:29 AM
"That's good to hear."
Becky grins, and snuggles back - and gently runs a hand through Kara's feathers. "You know, you almost make me feel overdressed right now."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-07, 12:33 AM
[The Beach]

Kara smiles at her.
And moves herself so she's in Becky's lap, facing her and looking her in the eyes.
Don't be bothered on account of me...

The Bushranger
2010-12-07, 12:37 AM
[The Beach]

Becky chuckles, looking back into Kara's.
And wiggles a bit, too...
"Bothed by you? Nahh. Well...maybe if you're using a different definition of 'bothered'..."
She grins.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-07, 12:39 AM
[The Beach]

Kara grins at Becky, wiggling her ears a little.
And leans towards Becky, reaching for her bikini.

The curtain, no doubt, falls soon after.

The Bushranger
2010-12-07, 12:41 AM
[The Beach]

Indeed it does. For great justicepleasure!

VampireRot
2010-12-07, 06:34 AM
Reinholdt shifts into human form.
And reaches down to grab Ermine by the scruff of the neck before flying up.
I don't think there are going to be cuddles.
Course it might not work as well on ermines as it would cats.

[Earl's Fortress]

"'ey! 'ey! I don't appreciate bein' 'eld like dat." :smallannoyed:

Ermine doesn't resist the scruff grab and stays still as they fly up. Though she still complains. Mean ol' Reinholdt. :smallyuk::smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-12-07, 12:09 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

"'ey! 'ey! I don't appreciate bein' 'eld like dat." :smallannoyed:

Ermine doesn't resist the scruff grab and stays still as they fly up. Though she still complains. Mean ol' Reinholdt. :smallyuk::smalltongue:

"Would you say you don't like being touched that way?" :smallamused:

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-07, 01:49 PM
[Jungle]

Damon keeps on backing away, trying to get into the trees so the flying demons can't get at him. He's not really trying to hit anything with his blasts of shadow flame, just trying to keep everything away until he can get in some cover and deal with things one at a time.

Shadowcaller
2010-12-07, 02:37 PM
[Jungle]

The hounds teeth are magically enchanted versions of a wolfs or a sharks teeth so depending on how resistant to magic Fluffy is in this state, he can resist them easily.

Damon managed to back away from the flying demons that suddenly decide that retreat is a better option, they really seem smarter then the average lesser demon. The tree demons appear to still want to fight though alongside the remaining hound demons.

"Die scabs!" Comes a roar as a beam of pure force hits the nearest tree demon, blowing a huge hole in it's 'trunk'.

Sarah have arrived it seems, flying towards Damon, just glancing carefully at the transformed Fluffy just yet.

UncleWolf
2010-12-07, 03:03 PM
Jungle

Fluffy's hide was tough before, but with him being corrupted, it's tougher than before. Even so, the hounds will find that their teeth can barely get through the scales.

But they'll find out he simply doesn't care at this point. He feels the pain, but is detached from it by his rage. Pain can come later.

He heads to the closest tree demon, knocking any others out of his way before making a fist and bringing it down hard, trying to smash it in one blow.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-07, 03:11 PM
[Jungle]

"You're late, Sarah." Damon glares at her, then makes his way back out of the trees. He...doesn't particularly want to get involved in any more of the fighting, though, so he kinda...stays there...out of the way.

iElf
2010-12-07, 03:24 PM
summer is still walking along with meidani!

horngeek
2010-12-07, 03:30 PM
Travel montage, I imagine?

Shadowcaller
2010-12-07, 03:31 PM
[Jungle]

Sarah looks about to reply to Damon when Fluffy suddenly attacks a tree demon near them, going right between Sarah and Damon. He smashes it hard against the ground, it's tendrils powerless to stop his rampage, it doesn't move again.

The last remaining tree demon still chooses to attack though, bringing all it's human-stacked tendrils against Fluff along with it's two larger large fists it goes all out against Fluffy, trying to bring him down.

The only remaining demons are now a few hound demons that are still following Fluffy, still trying to attack him even though it have proven to be quite a fruitless effort.

And then there are the two flying demons of course, now quite small as they disappear against the horizon.

"I'm sorry Damon." Sarah manages to utter a bit desperately as Fluffy fights the tree demons.

iElf
2010-12-07, 03:39 PM
Travel montage, I imagine?

pretty much. they take about a week before they begin to see the slave trader camp

horngeek
2010-12-07, 03:42 PM
Once they see it, Meidani turns to Summer. "All right. Let's do this, then. Do you know where she would be?"

iElf
2010-12-07, 03:44 PM
Summer frowns "not really...but it doesn't look to big...maybe 20 people and 150 slaves in cages or chained"

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-07, 03:47 PM
[Jungle]

Damon sighs and carefully makes his way around the fight and over to Sarah. "No, you don't need to apologise, Sarah. I was foolish. I thought those tree things would die easier than they did, and ended up getting mobbed." He spreads his wings and hangs his head, feeling rather foolish, really.

horngeek
2010-12-07, 03:48 PM
Meidani nods. "All right." She drives the cart to just outside the camp.

She'll tie a leash to Summer's collar, before pulling up the cart and hopping down.

VampireRot
2010-12-07, 03:52 PM
"Would you say you don't like being touched that way?" :smallamused:

[Earl's Fortress]

"Aye! I don' loik bein' carried loike a kitten 'r a ragdoll!" :smallyuk:

Ermine grumbles some more to herself, trying to turn her head to glare at Reinholdt. And pout.

"I'll touch ye in ways 'ye don't like'. Ruddy cat." :smallannoyed:

:smalltongue:

iElf
2010-12-07, 03:55 PM
Meidani nods. "All right." She drives the cart to just outside the camp.

She'll tie a leash to Summer's collar, before pulling up the cart and hopping down.

Summer will follow meidani down to the camp "...I hope we find her quickly mistress..."

horngeek
2010-12-07, 04:06 PM
Meidani nods, then starts looking!

UncleWolf
2010-12-07, 04:09 PM
Jungle

Fluffy uses a wing in front of him to block the attacks, the leathery skin of it tougher and healed over, hopefully the humans aren't hurt too badly. He swats his tail to knock any of the hound demons trailing him back, and will attempt to grab one of the fists coming for him, letting the other hit his face, cracking a few scales and knocking his head back. With a growl, he makes fist and tries to smash it like the other one.

iElf
2010-12-07, 04:11 PM
Meidani nods, then starts looking!

there is one one other free catgirl meidani can see...who is whipping some poor elf, bound in front of her

horngeek
2010-12-07, 04:23 PM
Meidani frowns, but moves towards the catgirl.

{{Deadtime, though.}}

iElf
2010-12-07, 04:29 PM
Meidani frowns, but moves towards the catgirl.

{{Deadtime, though.}}

the catgirl won't notice her "YOU...WILL...NOT...DIS....OBEY...ORDERS!"

Shadowcaller
2010-12-07, 04:54 PM
[Jungle]

The tree demon is sadly not made out of wood, but Fluffy will feel that he is gripping a quite leathery surface as he is crushing the tree demons fist. It moans and tries to get it's hand free from his grip as it attempts to attack with it's tendrils again, putting it's other fist back.

Sarah looks at Damons wings in surprise that quickly seems to turn into anger "They dare do that to you?! Pests! I'll kill them all!" She declares with another roar as she flies near Damon, unleashing a lesser beam of force that ends up killing one of the hound demons attacking Fluffy.

They are all pretty much dead by now.

Fan
2010-12-07, 04:55 PM
Lloyd smiles, thankful for the peace, it seems like this was fairly serious, and one would have to be nigh delirious to ignore how important such things were if one was made of them.

It was like.. swearing on your soul, only you actually lost your soul if you broke the promise.

"That's more than good enough for me. Thank you."

He remains silent then for a bit, before peaking up again, odd how this kid did that. If his leg was dragging he may have had a brain tumor, but thankfully, that's a distant worry for someone like Lloyd.

"Also, I know I'm asking a lot for you to just come with me like this, so consider me oweing you one. Anytime, any place, anything....
Within sanity's grasp of course."

UncleWolf
2010-12-07, 05:00 PM
Jungle

Fluffy sets his wings forward, protecting him from the tendrils/human flails, and roars, letting out his breath weapon again, aiming for the body of the demon. His wings should protect the humans from being hurt.

Rebonack
2010-12-07, 05:05 PM
[Country Road]

That manages to get a rather wry grin out of Avatar. "Aaaaanything?"

There's a rather mischievous tinge to his voice there. It may or may not be a cause of concern. "Hee, I would advise against making promises like that around here. I might be pretty tame when it comes to promises of that nature, but there are others that aren't."

Soul-stealing and the like.

Nasty business.

"I'll call in the favor now, just so that you won't have to worry about it later," Avatar continues, coughing into his hand. "I would like one strand of your hair, that's it. You just need to renounce all ownership of it."

...seems like a weird request...

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-07, 05:18 PM
[Jungle]

"Sarah..." Damon carefully folds his wings and curls up where he is, suddenly feeling very vulnerable when he sees Sarah so effortlessly deal with a demon like that. "Sarah, um, I'd prefer it if you stayed with me..."

Earl of Purple
2010-12-07, 05:19 PM
Earl's Fortress

The elevator shaft is long. Very long. There's only three stops, though, and they left from the middle one and headed to the treasure, which is at the top. Still, there's maybe a quater of a mile between each stop, maybe more. There is an access ladder for use in emergencies to one side.

Because elevator shafts are rarely trapped, this one isn't either. Well, the ladder might be, but I don't believe they're using it. Anyway, at the top is a room. It is quite a large room, and appears to have been built out of stone blocks of a uniform shape. There's also the first window, letting in a bit of white light. Not much, because it's a skylight cut into the top of a mountain and there's snow on it. In the middle of the room there is a large computer terminal. There are three doors leading away from this room.

Rocket Crash Site/Village of Tea Drinkers

These people are quite simply amongst the weirdest Nephrim has met in 5,000 years of existence. Not that she actually met any mortals for the first fifth of it. "Yes, I am the Star Person. I am a messenger from the God of the Sky." Nephrim assumes her natural form, that of an angelic, androgynous child with shoulder-length gold-blonde hair, a pair of wings covered with white feathers and eyes that have no iris or pupil yet still look cruel. "He bids you greetings, and I must regretfully ask of you some minor things. Will you do them?" Nephrim isn't using any mind control; she's attempting to use man's gullibility and the fact this lot seem rather superstitious to her advantage.

Fan
2010-12-07, 05:21 PM
[Country Road]

That manages to get a rather wry grin out of Avatar. "Aaaaanything?"

There's a rather mischievous tinge to his voice there. It may or may not be a cause of concern. "Hee, I would advise against making promises like that around here. I might be pretty tame when it comes to promises of that nature, but there are others that aren't."

Soul-stealing and the like.

Nasty business.

"I'll call in the favor now, just so that you won't have to worry about it later," Avatar continues, coughing into his hand. "I would like one strand of your hair, that's it. You just need to renounce all ownership of it."

...seems like a weird request...

Lloyd, not seeing any sort of reason to deny said request.. as REALLY weird as it was, plucks a single strand of silver hair from his head, the at one time well cared for lock seemingly free of most flaws, but still containing a few when it came down to texture.

"Here you go."

He says offering it to Avatar, not entirely sure what he was up to, but well, it's not like he was some weird portable DNA scanner or anything.

Shadowcaller
2010-12-07, 05:28 PM
[Jungle]

The tree demon melts into it's basic magic essence as Fluffy's acid hits it that then quickly dispatches, leaving only it's tendrils and a few other parts behind getting caught in the trees or falling straight down on the ground.

Sarah looks at Damon a while, her rage suddenly seems to subside and she lands on the ground near Damon. "...how bad is it Damon?" She gently asks. "I just get so angry if they dare to hurt what I care for... you." She still looks a bit angry.

Reinholdt
2010-12-07, 05:30 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

"Aye! I don' loik bein' carried loike a kitten 'r a ragdoll!" :smallyuk:

Ermine grumbles some more to herself, trying to turn her head to glare at Reinholdt. And pout.

"I'll touch ye in ways 'ye don't like'. Ruddy cat." :smallannoyed:

"Consider this a taste of how it feels. Now you know."

Earl's Fortress

The elevator shaft is long. Very long. There's only three stops, though, and they left from the middle one and headed to the treasure, which is at the top. Still, there's maybe a quater of a mile between each stop, maybe more. There is an access ladder for use in emergencies to one side.

Because elevator shafts are rarely trapped, this one isn't either. Well, the ladder might be, but I don't believe they're using it. Anyway, at the top is a room. It is quite a large room, and appears to have been built out of stone blocks of a uniform shape. There's also the first window, letting in a bit of white light. Not much, because it's a skylight cut into the top of a mountain and there's snow on it. In the middle of the room there is a large computer terminal. There are three doors leading away from this room.

He'll put Ermine down, looks up at the ceiling, and then slowly check for traps as he makes his way to the computer at which point... he checks for more traps. :smalltongue:

Rocket Crash Site/Village of Tea Drinkers

These people are quite simply amongst the weirdest Nephrim has met in 5,000 years of existence. Not that she actually met any mortals for the first fifth of it. "Yes, I am the Star Person. I am a messenger from the God of the Sky." Nephrim assumes her natural form, that of an angelic, androgynous child with shoulder-length gold-blonde hair, a pair of wings covered with white feathers and eyes that have no iris or pupil yet still look cruel. "He bids you greetings, and I must regretfully ask of you some minor things. Will you do them?" Nephrim isn't using any mind control; she's attempting to use man's gullibility and the fact this lot seem rather superstitious to her advantage.

"By George, certainly! Whatever he requires."
They all simultaneously take a sip of tea when the man mentions George. I think George is the sky god.

UncleWolf
2010-12-07, 05:31 PM
Jungle

Fluffy growls in anger and searches around for more demons, but when he doesn't find any, his rage subsides, and his scales darken once more, fading from red to black. Even so, the demonic changes stay, a permanent scar on his soul and flesh.

He takes off, flying back to NO, letting the other two take care of the humans.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-07, 05:37 PM
[Jungle]

"Stings...a lot. Don't think I can fly on them in their current state." He tries stretching them out, wincing as they send a fresh jab of pain through him.
"No...they don't feel safe." He's a grounded dragon, which is never a good thing.

Heck, if he were to try and fight demons in this state, he'd just be asking to get hurt more.

"Don't get angry please, Sarah. I don't want you to go off after the demons...I want you here."

VampireRot
2010-12-07, 05:42 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

"Bloody cats can't take a joke." :smallannoyed:

Ermine follows Reinholdt, content with letting him search for traps. If he doesn't find any, she'll try to hop up on the computer terminal and look for an "on" button.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-07, 05:44 PM
Earl's Fortress

There are no traps on the way to, near, around, inside or above the computer. Well, it looks like the keyboard could be electrified, but there's no power so it is unlikely that trap is currently in operation. There's also an 'on' button, but again, no power.

Rocket Wreckage/Tea Drinker Village

Nephrim will look around at the village, or the part of the village she can see. Mainly, she's looking for buildings that look like temples, village halls, fortifications, graneries, and other large, communal buildings that villages tend to have. Two of them are rather important for survival.

Reinholdt
2010-12-07, 05:52 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

"We might need to find the generator first."
So it's time to check door number 1 for traps! And if none, open it.

[Village]

There's a temple and a granary. The granary is full of tea leaves though.
They probably wouldn't last through the winter. They don't seem the type.

horngeek
2010-12-07, 05:59 PM
the catgirl won't notice her "YOU...WILL...NOT...DIS....OBEY...ORDERS!"

Meidani sighs, and shakes her head. Could be interpreted a number of ways.

VampireRot
2010-12-07, 06:06 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

After repeatedly and futilely pressing the "on" button, Ermine agrees.

"Ya. Da folks who run dis place need ta paid deir electric bill." :smallannoyed:

The pirate hops down and follows Reinholdt!

iElf
2010-12-07, 06:09 PM
Meidani sighs, and shakes her head. Could be interpreted a number of ways.

the cat girl stops. she has orange hair and eyes like summer, but looks older, and is much taller, at about 5'8'' (summer is only 4' 6'')

horngeek
2010-12-07, 06:14 PM
"Would you be the one who sent this letter?"

Meidani holds the letter up.

Incidentally, she's currently using a Charm that prevents her from breaching social etiquette. Or rather, breaches get overlooked, unless the person is able to look past the magic.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-07, 06:14 PM
Earl's Fortress

They had their own generator. Then a demonhunter accidently released the battery, who fled and joined AMEN.

No traps on Door 1. On the other side of Door 1 is a corridor, with another door at the end and a door on each side. There's another window, but this one's also covered in snow.

Rocket Wreckage and the Village of Tea Drinkers

"Take me to your temple. I must speak to the priest in charge." Then, Nephrim looks around the crowd. She's looking for women and children. I don't know why, but the fact the crowd is wearing loinclothes gave me the vague impression that none were present.

Reinholdt
2010-12-07, 06:18 PM
Earl's Fortress

Reinholdt sighs and goes to check out each of the doors and the corridor. He'll let Ermine pick which door to go through first this time.

[Village]

There are women and children there also wearing loinclothes and not covering up as they probably should perhaps.

The man leads Nephrim to the temple to talk to the highpriest. You know he's a high priest because he has a top hat.
"Greetings star person to our humble temple to George."

iElf
2010-12-07, 06:23 PM
"Would you be the one who sent this letter?"

Meidani holds the letter up.

Incidentally, she's currently using a Charm that prevents her from breaching social etiquette. Or rather, breaches get overlooked, unless the person is able to look past the magic.

she turns round "...yes...are you my sisters owner?"

VampireRot
2010-12-07, 06:26 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

Ermine picks the door... on the right!

Because it's the right one. :smallwink:

Earl of Purple
2010-12-07, 06:34 PM
Earl's Fortress

No traps in the corridor or on the doors. The door on the right is locked, but it is made of plywood so could probably be kicked down. Or the lock could be 'picked' with Ermine's musket.

Temple to George, Village of Tea Drinkers

"The Sky God is worried that other gods have corrupted your teachings with lies and misinformation. I have already found some evidence that this is the case." Being a servant of Pazuzu helps when talking to people who worship a sky god. Although, that might just be Nephrim trying to mind-control the high priest into believing her.

Reinholdt
2010-12-07, 06:40 PM
Earl's Fortress
Reinholdt decides to go with trying to pick it with lock picks before Ermine can protest. Since he's standing right there anyways.

Temple to George
"Tally-ho has tainted our holy teachings?! That fiend!"

VampireRot
2010-12-07, 06:44 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

Ermine frowns. Lock doors on her, will they? She begins reaching for her hat, but Reinholdt goes at it with an actual lock pick.

Darn it. :smallfrown: She watches, pouting at the lack of her shooting stuff that is happening at the moment. :smalltongue:

Earl of Purple
2010-12-07, 06:48 PM
Earl's Fortress

The lock is easily picked, and not trapped! On the other side of the door is a bedroom. The bed is a double one, human-sized, too. There's also a wardrobe, bedside cabinet and a chest at the foot of the bed. There's pictures on the wall of the mountain, as well as a map.

Temple of George, Tea Drinker Village

"Indeed. I would like to have a look around your temple." These people are almost stereotypical British upperclass. Apart from the loinclothes, anyway. Tea, monocles, top hats, George and Tally-ho? Yep, things stereotypically British. I think; it's hard to find a stereotype about a nationality in that nation.

Reinholdt
2010-12-07, 06:52 PM
Earl's Fortress
Reinholdt heads in and checks out the map.

Temple of George
They cannibalize bad musicians. Literally.

horngeek
2010-12-07, 07:04 PM
she turns round "...yes...are you my sisters owner?"

"I am. Given your relation to her, I decided to deliver my response personally."

Earl of Purple
2010-12-07, 07:13 PM
Earl's Fortress

The map shows the interior of the base. Whoever drew it knew what they were doing; it's a good architectural map. Complete with notations about traps that have been, will be and should be inserted where. A pity that most of the notes are in draconic. In the corner, there is a sentance in Language, and it says 'Drawn by Defenestrate Earlsson, Master of Magic and Computer Programmer'.

Ermine could look in the furninture! Some of it might be locked.

Temple of George

"That is part of the Sky God's teachings, yes." That's Nephrim's response to the discovery she's in a village of cannibals. Unless they force bad musicians to eat each other.

((Now though, I must Deadtime))

Reinholdt
2010-12-07, 07:18 PM
Earl's Fortress

Reinholdt looks for what looks like the Treasure Room on the map.

Temple of George

Oh. They also drink tea and wear monocles and sacrifice a virgin parrot on the monty once a year, but that's about it cause I'm not building anything beyond that. You can though. They're your minions Star Person.

And they don't give bad musicians the luxury of eating each other, no.

VampireRot
2010-12-07, 07:21 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

Ermine heads straight for the chest.

She takes a crowbar from her hat. Sometimes there are locks where the musket shouldn't be used. A sacrilegious thought, yes, but would you want your loot ruined by lead pellets? :smalltongue:

The pirate tries to open the chest, then the wardrobe, then the cabinet. Using the crowbar as necessary.

Lex-Kat
2010-12-07, 07:22 PM
[Beddling]

Quinn nods a curt farewell to Billy, then a less curt one to Reinholdt. "Fare well."

...then she turns to Melody, holding out her hand with a smile. "We won't have to fly. I can just teleport us there."
Melody frowns slightly. Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

Rebonack
2010-12-07, 07:29 PM
[Country Road]

Still smiling in that uncannily mischievous way Avatar takes the hair and pockets it. And yeah, it sure is a good thing that he isn't a portable DNA scanner. That could have dire results!

Eh hehehehehe!

Avatar briefly considers laughing maniacly just to see how the young man reacts, but thinks better of it. Probably a good idea.

"Thanks! I'll put it to good use! I've found that having a sample from my friends on hand just in case they get horribly mutated at some point can be really helpful!"

...uuh... Is he serious...?

Quite suddenly Avatar stops, his rather out of place blue fox ears folding flat against his head as his eyes narrow. He casts a sidelong glance at Lloyd. "On an unrelated subject, how proficient are you at hand to hand combat?"

A nearby shrub rustles slightly.

Followed by the sound of a snapping twig.

Lord Magtok
2010-12-07, 07:58 PM
[Beddling]

Well, since BR seems to be deadtimed...

RING-RING! RING-RING!

If Melody's got a cell phone with her, it's probably making a sound something along those lines. Someone's trying to call, someone who shows up on caller ID as "MagCorp News Branch". Probably that cyborg, mixing up his business phones with his work phones again.

MPG
2010-12-07, 08:11 PM
((Umm Shyftir this is OUTside I'm not sure if there are streets. You may want to move it to Inside. Just saying:smallsmile:))

Lex-Kat
2010-12-07, 09:17 PM
((Actually, for Magtok, or MagCorp, or anything else related to Lord Magtok, it's more likely the theme song from Empire Strikes Back. :smalltongue:))

While waitint to be teleported to Watchtower, Melody looks at the ringing phone suspiciously. She decides to answer it anyway. Melody of the Blackdust clan (I think that's right. :smallconfused:). Who may I ask is calling?

Lord Magtok
2010-12-07, 09:54 PM
This is Magtok.

Say, umm... out of curiosity, did you see the big "Will you marry me?" thing someone blasted into the face of the moon? Because I did that, and I'm kinda engaged now.

Lex-Kat
2010-12-07, 10:41 PM
That was you!? Melody laughs. I never would have thought you'd do that. Though, I suppose the fact it was blasted onto the moon should have been a hint. she states.

Sooo. Who is it? Is she cute? Was it love at first sight? Do I know her?

The Bushranger
2010-12-07, 10:57 PM
[Beddling]

Quinn for her part, is smiling and reaching for Melody's hand when her phone rings!

So now, she's waiting. :smalltongue:

Shyftir
2010-12-07, 11:26 PM
((Umm Shyftir this is OUTside I'm not sure if there are streets. You may want to move it to Inside. Just saying:smallsmile:))

((Durr... silly me thinking outside meant outdoors. Apparently it means outside the "city" or something...))

Fan
2010-12-07, 11:54 PM
[Country Road]

Still smiling in that uncannily mischievous way Avatar takes the hair and pockets it. And yeah, it sure is a good thing that he isn't a portable DNA scanner. That could have dire results!

Eh hehehehehe!

Avatar briefly considers laughing maniacly just to see how the young man reacts, but thinks better of it. Probably a good idea.

"Thanks! I'll put it to good use! I've found that having a sample from my friends on hand just in case they get horribly mutated at some point can be really helpful!"

...uuh... Is he serious...?

Quite suddenly Avatar stops, his rather out of place blue fox ears folding flat against his head as his eyes narrow. He casts a sidelong glance at Lloyd. "On an unrelated subject, how proficient are you at hand to hand combat?"

A nearby shrub rustles slightly.

Followed by the sound of a snapping twig.

"I was trained to fight hand to hand against monsters the size of skyscrapers in a giant robot. What do you think?"

He says cracking his shoulders, and assuming a boxing stance, very proficient mind you, and it looks to have some judo mixed in. MMA huh? Nice little thing, but excessively brutal.

You will note he has a pistol, but odds are after being immersed in that liquid it's so gummed up it's useless. So he waits, looking around with hurried glances, nothing more than a second. Otherwise your likely to get charged and killed.

D_Lord
2010-12-08, 12:09 AM
[Somewhere outside]

SANTA!SANTA!SANTA!SANTA!SANTA!SANTA!SANTA!SANTA!SA NTA!SANTA!SANTA!SANTA!

Better get off the road before a charging black hooded figure going easily over Mach 6, runs you over.
(Deadtime)

Rebonack
2010-12-08, 12:27 AM
[Country Road]

Yeah...

A gummed up gun wouldn't be that useful when something horrible tries to leap on you. Having a weapon that refuses to fire would probably just get you nommed.

Avatar's gaze is flitting about, his staff now brandished and his ears still flat. "Good. Because you're probably going to be getting some practice here in a moment."

More rustling from the bushes.

Another breaking branch.

And then...!

Oh gods it's too horrible!

By all that's good and holy, no!

It's...

It's!

A clown.

His suspenders are several sizes too large. So large are his pants that the tops of his sleeves are inside, leaving his arms out of sight. Two triangular poofy bits of blue hair stick out of his chalk-white head. And in the middle of his face is a large, red, perfectly spherical nose.

Aside from that he has no visible facial features at all.

Avatar's eyes go wide with stark terror.

"RUN!"

The foxy fellow then does exactly that.

Lex-Kat
2010-12-08, 12:44 AM
Quinn for her part, is smiling and reaching for Melody's hand when her phone rings!

So now, she's waiting. :smalltongue:
A plot-clone of Melody breaks away from the one on the phone and grabs Quinn's hand.

Hopefully Quinn will teleport them to Watchtower (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175780&page=16). Do you know who Reinholdt was refering to?

The Bushranger
2010-12-08, 01:01 AM
[Beddling > WATCHTOWER]

"I...think so?" Quinn says, eyebrows raised...

...as off to WATCHTOWER they Psionic-Dimension-Door go!

Lord Magtok
2010-12-08, 09:32 AM
That was you!? Melody laughs. I never would have thought you'd do that. Though, I suppose the fact it was blasted onto the moon should have been a hint. she states.

Sooo. Who is it? Is she cute? Was it love at first sight? Do I know her?

Melody Melody Melody...I blasted "WILL YOU MARRY ME" into the very face of the moon for her. Do you really think I'd do all that for an ugly girl? Of course she's cute. She's pretty, she's beautiful, she's everything. I may've been way too shy and terrified to admit it at the start, but yes, it was love at first sight.

I'm not sure if you heard of her, though. Were you around GLoG during the catpeople war thing? Heard about our stealing a paddleboat from GLoG, robbing a privately-insured bank while dressed like 20s mobsters, or the giant floating cyborg Kraken thingy we rode to our first dinner date at Enchante? She's that one. Elizabeth Ml'Ruse, a non-Felinian catgirl. Blue eyes, long white-silvery hair, cat tail and ears? It's been a while, and I've been keeping her out of the apocalypse-fighting limelight, so I wouldn't blame you if you've never heard any of this before.

Oh! Before I forget, I called because we kinda need some people and stuff for the wedding. And there's also that one poem thing, about "Something old, new, borrowed, blue". We haven't picked out a date yet, but if you think you can make it, would you mind being the flowergirl?

Shadowcaller
2010-12-08, 02:27 PM
[Jungle]

"Stings...a lot. Don't think I can fly on them in their current state." He tries stretching them out, wincing as they send a fresh jab of pain through him.
"No...they don't feel safe." He's a grounded dragon, which is never a good thing.

Heck, if he were to try and fight demons in this state, he'd just be asking to get hurt more.

"Don't get angry please, Sarah. I don't want you to go off after the demons...I want you here."

She looks at him gently, still feeling that there are demons around, and worse yet, they aren't attacking. Meaning that these demons are smarter then the average one, maybe even their leader...

But she couldn't leave Damon, not now.

"...I'm not going anywhere Damon, okay?" Sarah replies, trying not to get all emotional again, Damon seemed to have that effect on her.

She steps closer to him, glancing at the humans, taken by Teradians, there was no salvation for them. Unless they were provided medical attention in a matter of minutes they would bleed to death without the demon to keep them alive.

She closed her eyes, the words repeating in her head again no salvation, she ignored them and turned her attention to Damon, he needed her right now. Maybe if...

"I'm going to call on Vizek dear, he might be able to heal you." Sarah continues, smiling a bit. And heal the humans as well, but not all, not enough time, yet again.

She puts one of her talons on Damon's, trying to comfort him "Just hold on dear, you'll be alright."

Vizek, come here, now.

iElf
2010-12-08, 02:54 PM
"I am. Given your relation to her, I decided to deliver my response personally."

She frowns "...what do you want for her?"

horngeek
2010-12-08, 02:59 PM
"I have no intention of selling her. I am quite satisfied with her."

iElf
2010-12-08, 03:05 PM
She scowls "...I'm not sure you understand...I am willing to buy her for 100 times her current worth..."

horngeek
2010-12-08, 03:06 PM
"And I don't sell a slave unless I'm unhappy with them no matter what the price. Especially if you have to be so... blunt... in order to get a slave to obey you."

iElf
2010-12-08, 03:16 PM
She grins "you've not had much experience with our kind yet, have you? as soon as they are broken , the do as they are told without fail. unless they are conditioned from childhood like my sister...summer, over here!"

summer instinctively obeys

horngeek
2010-12-08, 03:22 PM
She won't get very far, due to the leash.

Meidani frowns. "Disregard anything your sister orders you to do, slave, or I will have to take... steps. She isn't your master."

She glares at Summer's sister. "My decision remains unchanged."

iElf
2010-12-08, 03:29 PM
She won't get very far, due to the leash.

Meidani frowns. "Disregard anything your sister orders you to do, slave, or I will have to take... steps. She isn't your master."

She glares at Summer's sister. "My decision remains unchanged."

summer winces "sorry mistress"

the older cat girl frowns "you can have every single slave here in exchange for her..."

horngeek
2010-12-08, 03:33 PM
Meidani smiles coldly. "You seem unusually eager."

iElf
2010-12-08, 03:53 PM
Meidani smiles coldly. "You seem unusually eager."

she scowls "I was as much a slave as she is...but I was freed
, and I started working for the slavers...this raid is my first own...and I don#t wan#t anyone to be able to say I can't even get my sister back!"

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-08, 04:00 PM
[Jungle]

"I'm fine, Sarah. I...sorry. I just feel so useless. I'm a dragon now, and I can't even deal with a small pack of demons." As if he wasn't already enough of a disappointment as a dragon, weaker than the rest, lacking any of the useful abilities Sarah has...

And now he can't even deal with a handful of demons.

He grips Sarah's leg tightly with his claws, shuffling closer to her, then sighs and lets go. "You...um...you should go help the people those things were holding. I'm alright, I'll be fine. I'm just useless...absolutely useless. Sometimes I wonder why you put up with me."

horngeek
2010-12-08, 04:05 PM
she scowls "I was as much a slave as she is...but I was freed
, and I started working for the slavers...this raid is my first own...and I don#t wan#t anyone to be able to say I can't even get my sister back!"

Meidani looks at her. "I don't see any reason to aid a motivation as ridiculous as that, I have no real need of your money, and you're offering more slaves than I could ever deal with in return for one I am quite satisfied with. As before. I see no reason to accept."

iElf
2010-12-08, 04:13 PM
she blows on a whistle, and draws her gunblade "if you will not give her willingly, then I'll take her by force"

meidani will notice that she's being surrounded by the slavers wielding a plethora of weapons...

horngeek
2010-12-08, 04:18 PM
Meidani frowns, as a golden disk starts to shine on her forehead. "Once chance. Free all these slaves, and give up."

She draws out two fans with bladed sides, and tries to cut Summer's bonds with a swipe of one of them. "Summer? Don't let them get you."

Then she takes up a stance.

iElf
2010-12-08, 04:21 PM
Meidani frowns, as a golden disk starts to shine on her forehead. "Once chance. Free all these slaves, and give up."

She draws out two fans with bladed sides, and tries to cut Summer's bonds with a swipe of one of them. "Summer? Don't let them get you."

Then she takes up a stance.

summer nods, and stands with her back to meidani, as they are surrounded "get the neko, and kill the other...if you can subdue her then do so...she'd be worth a lot!" one or two of them draw tazers and guns, and summer is shocked

horngeek
2010-12-08, 04:27 PM
Meidani, on the other hand, deflects the shots with her two fans. "Very well."

She starts running towards the slavers...

iElf
2010-12-08, 04:29 PM
Meidani is quickly surrounded by them, and those with longer weapons start attacking her , while one drags off summer's limp body

horngeek
2010-12-08, 04:31 PM
Meidani ducks under the weapons, and tries to slash and slice before jumping over them and gliding towards the ones dragging Summer away.

Yes, gliding. She can do that. :smalltongue:

iElf
2010-12-08, 04:34 PM
Meidani ducks under the weapons, and tries to slash and slice before jumping over them and gliding towards the ones dragging Summer away.

Yes, gliding. She can do that. :smalltongue:

she succeds in doing so, but summers sister will try shooting her directly in the back

Shadowcaller
2010-12-08, 04:34 PM
[Jungle]

"I'm fine, Sarah. I...sorry. I just feel so useless. I'm a dragon now, and I can't even deal with a small pack of demons." As if he wasn't already enough of a disappointment as a dragon, weaker than the rest, lacking any of the useful abilities Sarah has...

And now he can't even deal with a handful of demons.

He grips Sarah's leg tightly with his claws, shuffling closer to her, then sighs and lets go. "You...um...you should go help the people those things were holding. I'm alright, I'll be fine. I'm just useless...absolutely useless. Sometimes I wonder why you put up with me."

"Damon... your not useless. How long have you been a dragon? How many times have you fought demons? Your just inexperienced. And you saved me from your brother remember? You stopped him from using you as a way to reawaken the demon god." Sarah says gently as rubs her head against Damon's long neck. Not wanting to tell Damon that most of the humans are going to die, no matter what they do right now.

horngeek
2010-12-08, 04:47 PM
Again, she deflects it, landing directly in front of the slaver dragging Summer...

But doesn't attack. "Give up, and I'll let you live."

iElf
2010-12-08, 04:59 PM
Again, she deflects it, landing directly in front of the slaver dragging Summer...

the slaver runs away screaming!

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-08, 05:27 PM
[Jungle]

"I put the damn demon world to sleep, Sarah. I'm the last child still out of demon hands. And...I'm still completely useless. How did I ever manage anything? It's all just dumb luck. Pure, dumb luck. I'm still no match for my brother, I'm still not a good enough person for you..." Damon sighs and leans against Sarah, wincing as his injured wings shift slightly. "I don't deserve you, Sarah...you deserve a proper dragon."

Shadowcaller
2010-12-08, 05:38 PM
[Jungle]

"I put the damn demon world to sleep, Sarah. I'm the last child still out of demon hands. And...I'm still completely useless. How did I ever manage anything? It's all just dumb luck. Pure, dumb luck. I'm still no match for my brother, I'm still not a good enough person for you..." Damon sighs and leans against Sarah, wincing as his injured wings shift slightly. "I don't deserve you, Sarah...you deserve a proper dragon."

"How dare you say that Damon?!" Sarah exclaims, suddenly sounding angry. "Do you think I cared about that before you were a dragon?! Do you think I care about it now?! If I hadn't found you worthy, do you think I would have chosen you in the first place?!"

She sounds really hurt. "If I hadn't found you worthy... you damn fool! Don't you realize I love you?!?!?!" The last part comes out more as a scream.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-08, 06:08 PM
[Jungle]

Well done Damon. Really, well done. Now you've gone and upset Sarah. "...sorry. It was a foolish thing to say. I didn't mean it, I just feel so useless. I know you love me, I love you too. It doesn't matter what I think of myself, it's what you think that matters." Damon carefully stretches out one wing to try and put it over Sarah. "Please don't shout, I won't say anything so foolish again, I promise."

Earl of Purple
2010-12-08, 06:58 PM
Earl's Fortress

As Ermine inserts the crowbar under the lid of the chest, an electrical current is channeled through it.

The treasure room is on the other side of the computer, next to the big gun room. Also notable is a room a few floors down, marked 'Hanger'.

Village of Tea Drinkers

Nephrim will gradually wean the villagers away from the Sky God George and towards worship of the Demon Lord of Air and Winged Beings Pazuzu. Also, she'll summon Dam'Bul into one of the villagers and tell them that he's a helper of hers and otherwise convince them that Dam'Bul's presence is a good thing.

VampireRot
2010-12-08, 07:01 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

Ermine is zapped! :smalleek:

The pirate is blasted snout over tail backward in an over-the-top and completely unrealistic way of getting electrocuted. The smell of singed fur comes off the momentarily stunned weasel.

"Yar... Mebe... Ye should use yer necklace ting?"

Reinholdt
2010-12-08, 07:03 PM
Earl's Fortress

As Ermine inserts the crowbar under the lid of the chest, an electrical current is channeled through it.

The treasure room is on the other side of the computer, next to the big gun room. Also notable is a room a few floors down, marked 'Hanger'.

Hmm... Reinholdt takes careful note. At the very least, the Hanger should have a way out.

He'll then try to take the map off the wall.

He then turns to Ermine.
"I suppose that's ONE way to check for traps." :smallannoyed:
He goes over to make sure Ermine's going to be alright first before checking the chest and seeing where the trap might be. Is the entire chest made of metal?

Village of Tea Drinkers

Nephrim will gradually wean the villagers away from the Sky God George and towards worship of the Demon Lord of Air and Winged Beings Pazuzu. Also, she'll summon Dam'Bul into one of the villagers and tell them that he's a helper of hers and otherwise convince them that Dam'Bul's presence is a good thing.

It all works! The totally not a satire of something barbaric villagers now worship demons instead!
Whoever Dam'Bul is, he's pretty lucky.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-08, 07:10 PM
Earl's Fortress

No, the chest looks to be wood. But it might be metal plated inside.

The map is not mystically attached to the wall and can be taken off. Behind it is a safe, one not actually marked on the map.

Village of Tea Drinkers

Dam'Bul is Nephrim's minion, the Karkassolith/demon that possesses people and likes fudge, also of AMEN and also serving Pazuzu, although secondarily. Too much exposure to mind control will do that.

((Now, though, Deadtime, sorry))

Shadowcaller
2010-12-08, 07:10 PM
[Jungle]

Well done Damon. Really, well done. Now you've gone and upset Sarah. "...sorry. It was a foolish thing to say. I didn't mean it, I just feel so useless. I know you love me, I love you too. It doesn't matter what I think of myself, it's what you think that matters." Damon carefully stretches out one wing to try and put it over Sarah. "Please don't shout, I won't say anything so foolish again, I promise."

Sarah snorts but appears to calm down a bit "Just never say that again, promise me that?" She replies, looking at him.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-08, 07:18 PM
"I promise, Sarah. I'm sorry, really sorry." He smiles weakly at her, nuzzling his head against her flank. "Any idea how long it'll take for Vizek to get here?"

VampireRot
2010-12-08, 07:23 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

"Aye..."

Ermine seems to be okay, though she's very shaky while getting to her feet. She sniffs suspiciously at the chest, then flicks her eyes over to the safe in the wall. Well hello there... :smallamused:

Reinholdt
2010-12-08, 07:41 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

"... You'd think you'd hide the safe behind something that wouldn't be taken off the wall." Well, what can you do?

Reinholdt's working on the chest though.
Lessee... picking the lock will likely just result in another electric shock, and that's the biggest obstacle to getting in. He'll get down and peer very closely at the lock, looking for various contact points that looks like it'll trigger the trap. If he can't find any, he'll probably forgo trying to pick the lock and come up with some other strategy.

Lex-Kat
2010-12-08, 08:07 PM
{On the Phone w/ Magtok}

Melody Melody Melody...I blasted "WILL YOU MARRY ME" into the very face of the moon for her. Do you really think I'd do all that for an ugly girl? Of course she's cute. She's pretty, she's beautiful, she's everything. I may've been way too shy and terrified to admit it at the start, but yes, it was love at first sight.

I'm not sure if you heard of her, though. Were you around GLoG during the catpeople war thing? Heard about our stealing a paddleboat from GLoG, robbing a privately-insured bank while dressed like 20s mobsters, or the giant floating cyborg Kraken thingy we rode to our first dinner date at Enchante? She's that one. Elizabeth Ml'Ruse, a non-Felinian catgirl. Blue eyes, long white-silvery hair, cat tail and ears? It's been a while, and I've been keeping her out of the apocalypse-fighting limelight, so I wouldn't blame you if you've never heard any of this before.

Oh! Before I forget, I called because we kinda need some people and stuff for the wedding. And there's also that one poem thing, about "Something old, new, borrowed, blue". We haven't picked out a date yet, but if you think you can make it, would you mind being the flowergirl?
Nope. Never heard about her. But if she's a catgirl, she's gotta be cute.

And did you say you stole a paddleboat from GLoG? I didn't even know they had paddleboats. she says, sounding confused.

You want me to be your flowergirl!? Really? I would be honored. When do I get to meet her? Is there going to be a bachelorette party?

Oh, wait. There's a pause. I think I should ask Momma first. Can I call you back?

Lord Magtok
2010-12-08, 08:20 PM
On the Phone

It's part of their new camp thing. They had a few extras, and paddleboat is just such a silly word that I knew they wouldn't mind too much if I took one.

Magtok, they nearly summoned a giant fighting robot to stop you from stealing it. I think they minded.

Sure, but when you call back, change the last digit of the phone number to a 7, that's my not-business phone. Maybe if it's ringing I'll be able to find it again.

Oh, and let Happy know she's invited to the wedding, too. Maybe as a bridesmaid, if Elly says yes. I don't know really. She's kinda been a loner in the past, I'm not sure how many people she's actually got to bring to this, if any, or if we should just skip the whole groomsmen and bridesmaid thing. I mean, things are fairly complicated enough as is.

Lex-Kat
2010-12-08, 08:58 PM
{On the Phone}

Okay. Change last digit to seven. she repeats to herself.

I'm sure Momma will be so excited. She always liked you. I'll call back A. S. A. P. Bye. Melody hangs up after Magtok says bye.

She then dials Momma's phone number.

happyturtle
2010-12-08, 09:26 PM
Phone

"Melody, hi!" Of course her ringtone for Melody's number is 'Baby Mine'. :smallsmile:

Lex-Kat
2010-12-08, 09:36 PM
{On the Phone}

Momma! I just heard the most awful news. Magtok stole a Paddleboat from GLoG. she says excitedly.

Pause. Oh, and he and some catgirl wanna get married, and he's asked me to be the Flower Girl. Can I go?

happyturtle
2010-12-08, 09:41 PM
Jack's Cave of Imprisonment

Mr Squiggles and Moff disguised as a drow, arrive all sneakily to recon the general area.

And I guess Morty will have to post what they find.

Phone

"He stole a paddleboat?" She sighs. Happy thought he was still redeemed, because she is dumb. :smalltongue: "I guess we'll have to send him a bill. Not that anyone ever used the darn things onscreen."

Then the rest of the message comes, and she chuckles. "I kind of had a feeling it was him. Of course you can, hon. You don't have to ask my permission for that. And anyway, I'll be there too. I wouldn't miss it."

Fan
2010-12-08, 09:43 PM
[Country Road]

Yeah...

A gummed up gun wouldn't be that useful when something horrible tries to leap on you. Having a weapon that refuses to fire would probably just get you nommed.

Avatar's gaze is flitting about, his staff now brandished and his ears still flat. "Good. Because you're probably going to be getting some practice here in a moment."

More rustling from the bushes.

Another breaking branch.

And then...!

Oh gods it's too horrible!

By all that's good and holy, no!

It's...

It's!

A clown.

His suspenders are several sizes too large. So large are his pants that the tops of his sleeves are inside, leaving his arms out of sight. Two triangular poofy bits of blue hair stick out of his chalk-white head. And in the middle of his face is a large, red, perfectly spherical nose.

Aside from that he has no visible facial features at all.

Avatar's eyes go wide with stark terror.

"RUN!"

The foxy fellow then does exactly that.

A.. clown?

The hell is this?

Lloyd shakes his head, keeping his boxers stance.. maybe the far creature was just afraid of clowns.

He charges, putting up a right hook followed by a feint into a haymaker into that clown's nose.. Not exactly sure what a clown can counter with.. but it probably involves spraying him with acid or some such.

Lex-Kat
2010-12-08, 09:44 PM
{Phone}

Yes!! And he told me to tell you that you are also officially invited. Maybe even a Bridesmaid, if he can convince her. I wonder when the party is?

Oh, I gotta go. Got to call him back and tell him the good news. Bye, Momma.

happyturtle
2010-12-08, 09:49 PM
Phone

"Bye darling!"

Caves

Depending on Hatter's reaction in the AMEN thread, the previous post might have to be redacted. Moff won't come there if Hatter is following.

Rebonack
2010-12-08, 10:00 PM
[A Country Road]

Rule one of the Nexus.

Everything is potentially dangerous.

Everything.

The clown is nailed right in the nose, resulting in a silly honking noise and the thing's head snapping back...

...and off...

The clown's head is now dangling over one shoulder, hanging on by a few stray sinews. Oh, and a bunch of olive-green tendrils with the texture of rancid meat just exploded out of the hole left behind.

It's worth mentioning that they're covered in claws, eyes, teeth, and other random gribbly bits.

The foul smelling limbs begin to flail at Lloyd, seeking to twine around him. No doubt with the intent of doing unspeakable things.

Avatar doesn't get far before he realizes that he isn't being followed. "Gah, I said run!" the foxy fellow hollers as he dashes back to lend some aid.

Lex-Kat
2010-12-08, 10:25 PM
{Phone}

Melody dials Magtok back, remembering to switch the last number to 7.

Fan
2010-12-08, 10:50 PM
[A Country Road]

Rule one of the Nexus.

Everything is potentially dangerous.

Everything.

The clown is nailed right in the nose, resulting in a silly honking noise and the thing's head snapping back...

...and off...

The clown's head is now dangling over one shoulder, hanging on by a few stray sinews. Oh, and a bunch of olive-green tendrils with the texture of rancid meat just exploded out of the hole left behind.

It's worth mentioning that they're covered in claws, eyes, teeth, and other random gribbly bits.

The foul smelling limbs begin to flail at Lloyd, seeking to twine around him. No doubt with the intent of doing unspeakable things.

Avatar doesn't get far before he realizes that he isn't being followed. "Gah, I said run!" the foxy fellow hollers as he dashes back to lend some aid.

Having no way to fight, FREAKY TENTACLE THINGS, Lloyd decides it's best to cut his losses, and run while he still can. He had been to japan once, he had heard people talking about what tentacles did.

Flee, I say, flee!

Lloyd does so post haste.

iElf
2010-12-09, 12:53 PM

the slaver scowls , couches down, and holds a blade to summer's throat "do you want her back that badly?"

Shadowcaller
2010-12-09, 01:27 PM
"I promise, Sarah. I'm sorry, really sorry." He smiles weakly at her, nuzzling his head against her flank. "Any idea how long it'll take for Vizek to get here?"

"He'll come when he comes." Sarah replies, still not fully relaxed. After all there was a bunch of dying humans nearby, it wasn't exactly easy to relax.

"Just try not to move your wings too much, hold them still until he arrives." Sarah continues.

Meanwhile a fair distance away from both Damon and Sarah a many-legged spider-like demon have stopped for the time being and drawn a simple magical circle on the forest floor.

A faded image of a floating suit of armor appears within the circle. "Speak."

"The disgusting creatures showed up, killed all the servants. It would seem we have been discovered... again. Your feeble 'trick' with the angle and it's companions haven't seem to work. What do you have to say for yourself?" The spider demon replies, it's eight eyes glowing with a yellow light with under the shadows of the trees.

"Move to another section, outside is large. They can't be everywhere. Might think this was the only attack." The image states mechanically.

The spider demon stares at the image for a moment and then hisses with disgust "Shouldn't need to hide! All these abominations should fear us, we shouldn't fear them! We should kill them all! Their very existence offends us..."

The floating suit of armor seems just to stare back without saying a word and then fades away.

The spider hisses again and with one of it's legs it stomps put the symbol and continues to walk towards whatever location it's going.

Meanwhile Sarah and Damon should be able to see Vizek at the horizon, flying towards them.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-09, 01:33 PM
Earl's Fortress

Yes, it is quite suspicious, that the safe is so easy to find. Or possibly it's really well thought out with knowledge of human nature. Or maybe it's a decoy.

It looks like the lock is also electrified. Perhaps using a plastic lock pick would help. Or they could look for the key, that would certainly help. Should be quite easy to identify, too; it's unlikely to be metal.

((Actually, I've just remembered something; the guy who slept here had electrical resistance from his blue dragon grandfather))

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-09, 01:41 PM
[Jungle]

Damon would probably be more upset at the moment as well if he was really thinking about them. He's deliberately trying as hard as he can to think of anything else, anything at all...

But he can't just lie here and do nothing.

So, he shifts to his human form, letting out a grunt of pain and gently touching his back.

Ouch...

Looks like those wing wounds have resulted in all the skin around his shoulder blades being cut open, completely torn away in one or two places, revealing red, raw flesh..

Still, no time to think about the pain now. Damon gets up and heads for the nearest human who appears to be still moving, tearing a strip off his shirt in the hope that he can bind their wounds to keep them alive long enough for Vizek to heal them.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 01:50 PM
Earl's Fortress

Yes, it is quite suspicious, that the safe is so easy to find. Or possibly it's really well thought out with knowledge of human nature. Or maybe it's a decoy.

It looks like the lock is also electrified. Perhaps using a plastic lock pick would help. Or they could look for the key, that would certainly help. Should be quite easy to identify, too; it's unlikely to be metal.

((Actually, I've just remembered something; the guy who slept here had electrical resistance from his blue dragon grandfather))

Reinholdt's not sure he wants to push it by seeing if that necklace will help him and starts checking the other furniture in the room to see if anything else is trapped or locked.

horngeek
2010-12-09, 03:24 PM
the slaver scowls , couches down, and holds a blade to summer's throat "do you want her back that badly?"

Meidani sighs. "Drop the knife away from her."

This time, he may feel a compulsion to do so.

Lord Magtok
2010-12-09, 04:05 PM
{Phone}

Melody dials Magtok back, remembering to switch the last number to 7.

There's a bit of a delay, before Magtok manages to find where he'd left that phone lying around.

Okay, so it turns out I had the thing taped to the back of my hand so I wouldn't forget it, but I taped it to the robo-hand, so I didn't feel anything. I'll have to build a Magbot later, to follow me around and tell me not to do dumb stuff like that.

So what'd she say?

Shadowcaller
2010-12-09, 04:21 PM
[Jungle]

Damon would probably be more upset at the moment as well if he was really thinking about them. He's deliberately trying as hard as he can to think of anything else, anything at all...

But he can't just lie here and do nothing.

So, he shifts to his human form, letting out a grunt of pain and gently touching his back.

Ouch...

Looks like those wing wounds have resulted in all the skin around his shoulder blades being cut open, completely torn away in one or two places, revealing red, raw flesh..

Still, no time to think about the pain now. Damon gets up and heads for the nearest human who appears to be still moving, tearing a strip off his shirt in the hope that he can bind their wounds to keep them alive long enough for Vizek to heal them.

"It's no use dear." Sarah replies, "They got holes in their stomaches after all." And about the same time Vizek lands, first time in his dragon from actually.

Without saying a word he moves over to the human Damon is with who happens to be a young man. The green dragon takes up the broken tendril the man is attached to and slowly takes it out as Damon can feel a burst of magic coming from Vizek.

The man's grave wound seems to heal as Vizek gently pulls him off the tendril, but this healing seems to need a lot of energy as a lot of organs that the tendril apparently replaced needs regrowing.

The man gasps for air as he appears to be fully healed but Damon can feel that the magic Vizek used to heal him is already fading.
The green dragon takes a deep breath and moves over to the next human, but then glances at Damon. It's at this point he seems to notice that Damon is hurt.
"Damon, you need some healing?" He asks, sounding a bit tired.

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 04:42 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

Obviously, there is only one thing to do.

Ermine tries to yank open the safe, almost as if not expecting it to be locked or trapped. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 05:08 PM
[Obviously not haunted mansion]

An angry mob appears over the horizon, carrying torches and stakes.
Course, it's midday, so the torches seem a little silly.

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 05:19 PM
[Most Definitely Not Suspicious or Haunted Mansion]

Midday?

Was it now? :smallamused:

As the mob goes up the loong and wiiinding stone trail, the air around them darkens. The sun seems to disappear under thick stormclouds clouds that weren't there a second ago. The path is lined on either side by a dark forest. A dark forest of no leaves, no underbrush, no animals, no life. The twisted and blacked trees, all only around 10 to 13 feet high, seem to reach out at the mob members with thin and sharp branches as a chilling wind begins blowing.

The Gothic mansion is a genericly huge and dark, with towers and spikes and gargoyles placed on every free buttress and pointed roof. The large and wooden double doors are slightly ajar, letting a bright yet chilling light and organ music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzR9bhei_o) drift out into the "night" air. The windows all have similar light shining through them.

Cue lightning and thunder.

Do they really want to continue? :smallamused:

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 05:25 PM

A good 1/2 of the mob decide to hell with this and go back where they came from.

Others, probably having been more affected by the vampires than the ones who left, or are just stupider, continue on.
Slower than before, mind you, the group looking around nervously.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-09, 05:30 PM
Earl's Fortress

The wardrobe is not trapped, and neither is the bed. The bedside table's drawer has a well-hidden poison needle trap, but that's it.

Ermine finds out that the safe is locked, using a complex-looking combination lock.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 05:32 PM
Earl's Fortress

The wardrobe is not trapped, and neither is the bed. The bedside table's drawer has a well-hidden poison needle trap, but that's it.

Ermine finds out that the safe is locked, using a complex-looking combination lock.

Reinholdt thoroughly investigates the bed and wardrobe first before seeing if he can't disarm the bedside table's drawer's trap. Or at least bypass it.

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 05:42 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

Ermine hums and puts one of her ears up against the side of the safe and begins turning the combination. She's listening for the sound of a tumbler, to aid her on which number is correct.

Or at least, she thinks that's what she's searching for. This seemed to work in all the moving pictures. :smallconfused::smalltongue:

I'm going to assume they go into the mansion. Cause nothing else happens if they stay out of it.

The heavy wooden doors creek open at the lightest touch. Revealing a rather large entry hall. The room is filled with light from a rather lively hearth against one of the walls, though the observant will notice the fireplace is barred off and dug deep. No chance of reaching the fire, or the fire reaching anyone. A thick red rug stretches across the floor. The room is sparsely furnished, with an organ in the off-center, some armchairs around the fire, and cobweb-covered lamps, busts, and portraits lining the walls. There are four doors (including the entrance), one on each side of the square hall, and an elaborate marble imperial staircase leading to a second floor landing with many more doors.

Of course, lets focus on the important things. Like the pale and dark haired man playing the organ. He is dressed in a dark evening suit and a huge-collared velvet cape, black on the outside and blood red on the inside. Rot ends the organ piece with a dramatic flourish and crash, then gives the mob a beaming and fanged smile.

"Ah. Ah. Ah. So kind of you to join me."

Suddenly, the wind outside howls and rushes inside the mansion through the open doors, probably blowing out all of the mob's torches, though the flaming hearth keeps crackling merrily. Then the double doors slam shut and the vampire gets to his feet.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-09, 05:53 PM
Earl's Fortress

Bed's a bed. It's been slept in. Also, never made; whoever slept here was either lazy or busy. The wardrobe contains various clothes, including folded t-shirts (including one saying 'There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't'). Should he search the pockets of the trousers hanging up in it, he'll find a copper key and a folded piece of paper.

The needle trap can be countered; opening it now reveals a personal diary, a pistol and spare cartridges, a pen, a book on computer programming filled with bookmarks and some spare bookmarks. Also a secret compartment underneath with a platinum ring set with an odd green stone.

The combination is very complex, and I think that Ermine's method only works if you know what you are listening for, instead of being (unless I'm wrong) a complete novice doing it for the first time.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 05:58 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

Oh hey! A key and a piece of paper. Reinholdt unfolds the paper to read it as he rummages through the drawer, not yet finding the secret compartment.

All their torches go out! They shoulda really just burned the place down from the outside.

"Eep! We should turn back Bob!" :smalleek:
"There's the vamp! Probably the one who ate your daughter too. You going to run now?"

A few people step forward brandishing stakes in one hand and cloves of garlic in the other. One has a pitchfork instead. I think he came to the wrong mob...

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 06:14 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

Ermine is totally experienced! If the definition of 'experienced' is 'watched one guy do it a long time ago with a set of thief's tools and saw a movie' now. :smalltongue:

She keeps trying though.

"Now now folks, there's no need for your smelly onion bulbs and broken chairs here. I'm your friend, why not put them down?"

Rot's smooth voice dips down almost into a growl as he magically commands them to put down the anti-vampire things. He begins slowly walking forward, a disarming and fanged smile on his face as he gets in the range of throat-ripping.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-09, 06:20 PM
Earl's Fortress

The piece of paper has a number on it. Nothing else. The number is 9,012,334,765.

The secret compartment is rather well hidden; the drawer is only slightly shallower than it should be. Of course, the green stone is rather large, so it might be noticed.

Ermine doesn't decipher the sequence just yet. It's a long sequence.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 06:24 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

"Hey Ermine. Combination here." Reinholdt goes to hand over the piece of paper before returning to the drawer and trying to pull it all the way out and dump the stuff on the bed.

He's found the best way to find secret stashes is to see if it still rattles when it's empty. Or is too heavy. Or such.

Eep! They all put their stuff down.
... All except the guy in the front. He almost does it, but resists. He steps forward, brandishing his stake like a sword and tosses the garlic at Rot's feet.

"Hello. My name is Inito Montayo. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 06:37 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

Ermine grabs the piece of paper with a grin. She twists the combination lock through the sequence on the paper.

Illiteracy does not extend to numbers. Those are easy.

Rot takes a step back from the garlic, eyes wide with fury.

"God damnit! Who gave you a name!? And I have five fingers, thank-you-very-much!"

The vampire reaches into his hammerspace cloak and pulls out a hatchet. A bloody hatchet. Because things in the possession of vampires are always bloody. He attempts to hack at the stake Inito Montayo is holding, cause those are dangerous. :smalleek:

Earl of Purple
2010-12-09, 06:45 PM
Earl's Fortress

The combination won't work because it's backwards. That might make Ermine think it's the wrong combination.

The drawer, after emptying, rattles slightly. It's not noticably heavier. The diary is now open, the gun is lying on the bed, the cartridge missed and is on the floor, the pen's gone missing like they always do, all the bookmarks fall out of the book on programming and mingle with the many lose ones which flutter everywhere.

((Regrettably, I have been told to begin Deadtiming; sorry))

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 06:51 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

Aha! Secret compartment! Reinholdt tries to make sure it isn't trapped before trying to open it up and make sure the inside isn't trapped before taking the ring.

:eek:
"My stake!"
Inito dives backwards, grabbing a cross and a stake from the floor and rolling to his feet. He has an entire armory no one else is going to use. He advances, this time holding the cross out. He is smiling.

"I am smiling because I know something you do not."

Lex-Kat
2010-12-09, 06:54 PM
There's a bit of a delay, before Magtok manages to find where he'd left that phone lying around.

Okay, so it turns out I had the thing taped to the back of my hand so I wouldn't forget it, but I taped it to the robo-hand, so I didn't feel anything. I'll have to build a Magbot later, to follow me around and tell me not to do dumb stuff like that.

So what'd she say?
Melody giggles at Magtok's problem with finding his phone.She said that I can go. She'll definetly be there also. And that you can expect a bill in the mail for the paddleboat.

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 06:57 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

Ermine scowls and glares at the piece of paper.

"Don't work Rein. Sure ye've got da right combination?"

Rot glares.

"Well... So do I. Know what it is? THROWING AXE %&#$%!"

The vampire hefts his hatchet and flings it at Inito. The axe spins in midair, but Rot threw it in a way that it should be blade-first when it reaches the other man's position. :smalleek:

When Inito holds up the cross... The entire building seems to almost shiver. Was that a faint scream just now? :smallconfused:

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 07:03 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

"Maybe they're double digit numbers? What's the lock go up to?"

"I am not Cathl-." *splurtch*
... Oops. He falls over dead.
The other NPCs decide now would be a good time to snap out of it, scream in a panic and run in every direction imaginable.
Needless to say the guy running in place doesn't go very far.

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 07:20 PM
[Earl's Fortress]

"Ummm... <number lock goes up to>."

Because I don't know it. >.>

"That's right you aren't. Cause you're dead." :smallsigh:

Rot looks around shiftily for anyone who saw that. He's not good at bond one liners.

Oh well. Time to feast! The vampire springs forward at the nearest NPC to bite and drain him/her. Then the next. Then the next! Until he's stopped or runs out of things to eat.

The large double doors leading in will not open. The large brass lock is on the inside, awaiting the key that allows escape. Sadistic architects.

The door on the side of the room to the left of the entrance opens out over a bottomless pit. Yeah. That's about it.

The part of the imperial staircase on the left is never-ending. The second floor never gets any closer after the halfway point.

The door in-between the two staircases leads to a library. The books animate, fly, and try to bite people.

The right staircase leads to the second floor.

The right door leads to an old-fashioned kitchen. All the cupboards, the ice box, and any other storage container is stocked entirely with rat poison. The rat poison looks tasty.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 07:26 PM

"Oh god oh god oh god..." :smalleek:
"ARGH!"
"Wait! I'm still a-"
"DIE YOU BA-erk."
"Can I offer you a great deal on a used car in exchange for my life?"

Three people make it to the second floor!

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 07:33 PM

And to the second floor they go!

This is just a long balcony/hallway above and around the main hall that leads off into 9 rooms. There are many to choose from, though most are bedrooms. There are two bathrooms, one on either side, and two winding stairwells that lead into the towers beyond the bathrooms. Each bedroom has a ghost. They should choose wisely.

Rot kills the last of the NPCs still down below. Then begins making his way up the right staircase. The vampire takes his sweet time, though.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 07:46 PM

One heads up one staircase!
Another heads up the other staircase!
The third dashes into room number 6!

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 08:01 PM

Climbing up the first staircase leads to the basement. Yes. The basement is filled with horrible implements of torture. Racks, iron maidens, a blazing furnace with a variety branding irons in it, Celine Dion albums, large glass tanks filled with cockroaches, worms, centipedes, spiders, and snakes, the Star Wars Christmas special, and everything else. You name it, they got it.

The second staircase actually goes up to the tower. At the top of the staircase is the tower. It's a single room, with a very large mirror on one side and a window on the other. The mirror is a regular mirror and reflects stuff. The view out the window, however... It shows a luscious forest with a winding road. Birds can be heard chirping, the air is vibrant, and in the distance is a beautiful ocean. The sea breeze just reaches the tower, with its refreshing salty water smell. Once the window is looked out of, the staircase disappears, leaving a bare and completely solid floor behind.

Bedroom number six is filled with... pink. The wallpaper is pink and covered in hearts, the small bed's sheets are pink and covered in hearts, the dresser is painted pink, the dollhouse is pink, and the rocking horse is pink.

"Hehe! Hi there, what's your name?"

A small, around 8 or so years old, girl floats down from the ceiling. She's wearing a fitting pink dress and holding a stuffed pink unicorn, and is completely transparent. Naturally, there is a knife sticking out of her forehead. Ouch.

"Have you come to play with me?"

The door just shut.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 08:10 PM

I actually liked the Star Wars Christmas Special. >>

The guy in the basement tries to head back up the stairs, since his didn't disappear. Right?

The gal in the tower tries to open the window and sneak out by climbing down from the roof.

The guy in the bedroom screams... well... like a little girl and turns around to frantically try to open the door again. The pink doesn't bother him as much as the knife in the kid's head.

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 08:20 PM

Nothing stops the first guy from leaving the torture room. Once he gets back up/down? he'll probably see that Rot is on the same landing as him, though pretty far away.

Ah, that should be eas-

Okay, where'd the mansion go? The NPC is trapped in a Rapunzel-like tower, it's a straight hundred foot drop out of the window. :smalleek:

The door is locked.

"Silly billy, you need the key to get out of there!"

The ghostly girl floats around, phasing through the wall and popping out through the door in front of the NPC's face. Probably sending the also-spectral knife's hilt through his forehead, which shouldn't hurt but will feel really creepy. She extends her pink stuffed unicorn doll through the solid wood and out to him, giggling loudly.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 08:31 PM

Basement Guy ducks into the nearest door! It's number 1, regardless of it's position!

Tower gal looks around. "HELP! ANYONE THERE?! SOMEONE HELP!"
She looks around the tower for rope.

Ghost guy eeps and falls backwards! :smalleek:
"I-i-i-i-if I pl-pl-play with y-y-you, will y-y-you givemethekey?"

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-09, 08:42 PM
[The Beach]

The curtain, long having receded, is no longer there.

Which means that to anyone watching, all they'll see is Becky, in an unknown state, and Kara curled up under a beach towel.

The Bushranger
2010-12-09, 08:44 PM
[The Beach]

Becky, for her part, is sprawled out on a beach towel, catching her breath and smiling. And looking over at Kara. "Wow. That was...intense."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-09, 08:44 PM
[The Beach]

Kara smiles faintly and nods.

I hope you enjoyed it, because I don't think we'll be doing this again.

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 08:46 PM

[Basement Guy]

Into Room Number 1 then! Muahaha!

This one belongs to a ghostly butler, and the only way to describe it is... neat. Everything is a uniform grayish-black, and completely clean and straight. The whole room is square, the rectangular bed on the other side of it fits exactly to the walls, the square nightstand has sides perpendicular to the wall's and the bed's, the bookcase is also a snug fit. A single lamp illuminates the room, standing perfectly in the center of the nightstand. The bookcase is filled with encyclopedias, all the same size and color. And the butler himself stands exactly in the center of it.

The man is just as neat as his room, if not neater. His angular face has no blemishes, his short black hair is combed neatly, and his eyes are closed with just the right amount of smugness. He is dressed in a suit the same color as the rest of the room.

And he's not happy.

"Now, I will not stand for this. You are much too disorganized. Entirely unsymmetrical. If you stand still for just a moment, I will tidy things up."

The butler takes a handkerchief out of a pocket, and advances on Basement Guy. He extends the object. And if he touches the NPC with it, he'll "tiny him up". As in make him symmetrical, and make all his measurements exact multiples of 10. As in rearrange his body parts and organs. Definitely fatal.

[Tower Gal]

Tower Gal receives no help, or rope. Such a nice view from the window, though. And the large mirror provides a look at her entire body.

She won't get hungry or thirsty in the tower. But she will age.

[Ghost Guy]

"Of course! What game do you want to play? Oh! I know!"

The girl floats back into the room, and digs around in her pink toy chest. She takes a revolver out of it.

"It's a game of chance! Roulette! You wanna go first?"

She holds out the gun to him, spinning the cylinder as she does. It should be tangible.

The Bushranger
2010-12-09, 08:46 PM
[The Beach]

"Oh?"
Becky looks surprised, and looks over at Kara with a raised eyebrow. Then nods.
"If you're sure, then...well. I reckon that's cool. It was great. We'll still be drinking buddies, though, right?"

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-09, 08:48 PM
[The Beach]

Kara smiles and nods, a little relieved.
Yeah.
She stands up and starts getting dressed.
It was fun, but it doesn't feel right. Sleeping with someone I don't feel for romantically. You know?
Admittedly, she's not sure if Becky knows, but still.

The Bushranger
2010-12-09, 08:51 PM
[The Beach]

Becky knows Kara has somebody she feels for. As for knowing how that feels...well, probably not. Becky is a free spirit (and Evil, although that's sometimes arguable). So she simply nods.
"I reckon. Long as you're comfortable or not, that's the thing. So..."
She shrugs, and finds her swimsuit to slip back into it (as best she can).
"We're cool, far as I'm concerned. You won't ever have to buy drinks when I'm around though." And the shadowdancer chuckles.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-09, 08:53 PM
[The Beach]

Kara smiles and nods, and gives Becky a hug.
That thing about buying me drinks? You might regret that.
Her smile widens a little. Becky has seen Kara's ability to gulp down booze.

I'm gonna go back to the Den. You gonna come, or do you have somewhere else you should be?

The Bushranger
2010-12-09, 08:55 PM
[The Beach]

Becky laughs, grins, and returns the hug.
"Maybe. But I can always get more change. And I should probably get back to AMEN before they think I've fallen in a hole again."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-09, 08:56 PM
[The Beach]

Kara nods.
Could you please do me the courtesy of looking away?
She grins sheepishly.
My powers don't work if someone is watching.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 08:56 PM

[Basement Guy]

Hang around to get touched by the butler? If it's not Butler, he doesn't want any part of it. He tries to dash out again and look and see if Rot went another direction.

[Tower Girl]

Seeing nothing else in the tower, she tries to grab the mirror and throw it out the window.

[Ghost Guy]

He shakes his head. "Let's pl-pl-pl-play Monopoly instead."

The Bushranger
2010-12-09, 08:59 PM
[The Beach]

"I remember you mentioned that." Becky chuckles. And then nods, before turning away, and looking...up! In the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...probably just a turkey vulture.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-09, 09:01 PM
[The Beach]

Without so much as a fanfare, or even a whisper, Kara is gone.

The Bushranger
2010-12-09, 09:04 PM
[The Beach]

Becky turns back, finds Kara gone, and sighs a little.

A pear tree happens to be growing near the beach. For some odd reason, it's blooming.
She walks over to it, plucks a blossom, then walks back and places the blossom on the sand where Kara had been standing.

She then walks over to the towels and umbrella, folds them up and puts them into her Bag of Holding.

Before looking back at the flower, giving it a wave, and then slipping into the shadows, vanishing.

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 09:07 PM

[Basement Guy]

Luckily for the Basement Guy, the butler's door only shuts once he's gotten out of the room.

Unluckily? Rot saw him earlier. The vampire is approaching, a deadly grin on his face.

"How are you liking your stay so far? I like it, and the food is great."

The only rooms close enough to escape to are the bathroom and basement staircase.

[Tower Girl]

The mirror is attached to the wall with super glue, nails, or magic. It doesn't budge.

[Ghost Guy]

"NO!"

The little girl angrily points the revolver straight in the air and fires off six shots. Yeah. It was fully loaded. :smalleek:

"Monopoly is boring! I want to play a fun game!"

The girl thinks, before snapping her spectral fingers, throwing the revolver to the ground, and phasing her hand through the toy chest once more.

"I know! You can play chicken with Flopsy!"

She pulls an alligator out of the chest. The fourteen foot long reptile has a pink bow tied to its head. It opens gaping jaws, hissing slightly.

"Go on! Stick your hand in, or even your head."

The ghost giggles again.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 09:34 PM

[Basement Guy]

Let's just say that he's gotta go gotta go gotta go gotta go into the bathroom. :smalleek:

[Tower Girl]

She looks around for something to smash the mirror with. Clearly it's the source of the magic?

[Ghost Guy]

Ghost guy scoots back. O.O
He then puts his hand forward. But before he reaches the inside of the alligator's mouth or anywhere within snapping distance, he pulls back really quickly.
"Y-y-y-your turn."

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 09:42 PM

[Basement Guy]

The bathroom! :smalleek:

What horrifying things wait in here?

Okay. >.> So it's a regular bathroom. Well, something's gotta be normal around here! Anyway, where else would everyone go to the bathroom?

Rot's approaching, but he's not in the bathroom yet.

[Tower Girl]

Nothing. The room is small and bare. Just the window, the floor, the mirror, and her.

[Ghost Guy]

Flopsy eyes the hand, but doesn't bite down on it since Ghost Guy didn't stick it in his mouth. The girl giggles.

"Scaredy cat! You aren't going to win like that!"

She does some mid-air frontflips before floating toward the alligator. And entirely into his mouth, sitting on his tongue. Flopsy seems unnerved by this, but feels nothing to trigger the bite reflex.

"Now you're going to have to climb in with me, or find another game! That isn't boring!"

Giggles. :smalleek:

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 09:48 PM

[Basement Guy]

"I hereby declare this room my private house through the rights granted through squatter privileges!" :smalleek:
He says, making sure the door is shut.

He then goes around turning on all the water facets. Sink, shower, he even grabs something from under the sink if there is anything and uses it to clog up the toilet. If not, then a massive wad of toilet paper might suffice. Flush, flush, flush!

[Tower Girl]

Hmm... well... maybe she could try climbing down the tower wall? She peers out to look.
... Nope. She tries to close the window.

[Ghost Guy]

"H-h-h-hide and s-s-seek?"

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 09:55 PM

[Basement Guy]

"Wait, what?! No fair! You can't do that!" :smalleek:

Banging on the door.

"Can I come in?"

The faucets spew out blood get turned on. And the showers. The toilets are cloggable*, and get clogged.

[Tower Girl]

The window gets closed.

Look on the bright side. Once she grows her hair long enough, some sap prince is bound to come along and save her.

[Ghost Guy]

"What, in here? There isn't enough room, silly!"

The girl floats out of Flopsy's mouth and giggles again. She thinks for a moment.

"Okay. I'll let you out, but you have to play Hide-and-go-seek. Alright?"

If Ghost Guy consents, she'll rip the head off her stuffed pink unicorn and take a key out from inside it to give to him.

*now a word

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 09:58 PM

[Basement Guy]

... That worked? Whoo! The guy cheers a bit! :smallcool:
"Hell y-no you can't!" Phew. Almost blew it.
He turns off the water and stops flooding the place. His back-up plan of can't cross running water isn't needed. Probably.

[Tower Girl]

.... She wishes she remembered her sudoku puzzle.

[Ghost Guy]

"Alright." The guy says, going to take the key and unlock the door in order to get out.

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 10:03 PM

[Basement Guy]

"Rea- aww... Damnit. I just guess I'll have to go do something else now."

The sound of someone marching in place comes from outside the door. :smalltongue:

[Tower Girl]

Yuuup. Looong wait. Again, eating and drinking is unnecessary. And it'll only be *checks watch* 35 years until her hair is long enough to have a prince to save her! :smallsmile:

[Ghost Guy]

The girl giggles and flies out of the room.

"Now, if you can find me, I'll tell you where the key to the front door is too!"

The ghost flies off down the stairs. Where did she go? I dunno.

Flopsy starts lumbering toward the door.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 10:09 PM

[Bathroom Guy]

"Isn't the sound of you stomping supposed to get quieter as you move away?"

[Tower Girl]

She lasts a month before she tries leaping out the window and killing herself climbing down the side of the tower and likely falling and killing herself.

[Ghost Guy]

He bites his lip. And notes Flopsy. And decides he doesn't want to be where Flopsy is. So chases after the girl, downstairs.

Lord Magtok
2010-12-09, 10:11 PM
Melody giggles at Magtok's problem with finding his phone.She said that I can go. She'll definetly be there also. And that you can expect a bill in the mail for the paddleboat.

Phone

Aww, but I...fine. It looks so much cooler with anti-gravity engines and stuff now anyways.

Rebonack
2010-12-09, 10:13 PM
Having no way to fight, FREAKY TENTACLE THINGS, Lloyd decides it's best to cut his losses, and run while he still can. He had been to japan once, he had heard people talking about what tentacles did.

Flee, I say, flee!

Lloyd does so post haste.

That's some fancy evasion he's got there.

And...

Yeah.

He's wise to flee from tentacles. Or tendrils in this case. They lack suckers. Mostly just horrible hooked barbs and stuff. Either way you don't want to get grappled by that sort of thing.

Seeing that Lloyd followed instruction Avatar books it as fast as he can, yelling over his shoulder as he goes, "When I suggest to run you should probably listen!"

The clown hobbles along behind them. Can't move that fast in those silly shoes. Hopefully he doesn't have a tiny car parked somewhere.

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 10:17 PM

[Bathroom Guy]

"... No. You're imagining things. I'm long gone."

:smallsigh:

[Tower Girl]

The tower isn't made perfectly, and has lots of cracks. If Tower Girl is a professional rock climber, she just might make it.

What's that? She's not?

100 or so feet later, plop!

[Ghost Guy]

The is no clues as to which of the three possible rooms (library, bottomless pit, or kitchen) the ghost went into. Just ethereal giggling coming from everywhere.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 10:22 PM

[Bathroom Guy]

"No you're not! I can still see you in the mirror!" :smallamused:

[Tower Girl]

It's better this way.

[Ghost Guy]

Well gee. Let's not pick the bottomless pit. He tries the kitchen, looking around for different hiding places there.

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 10:27 PM

[Bathroom Guy]

"What? How? I don't show up in mirrors, and they can't see through doors anyway!" :smallconfused:

[Ghost Guy]

The giggling gets louder. He actually chose right.

Oh, god. Look at those stacks of rat poison. Delectable. Delicious. They really make your mouth water. They look really really tasty. And you just know that no rats or mice have gotten to them. So good...

If he can muster enough will power to overcome the enchanted rat poison, he'll find the ghost girl in the ice box.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 10:30 PM

[Bathroom Guy]

"Yeah, well... I can see you in this one. It's a magic vamp seeing mirror. Man you should see yourself. You sparkle so much."

[Ghost Guy]

If the guy was the LEAST bit hungry he'd go for the rat poison. But he's feeling nauseous as it is. He finds the girl.
"Gotcha!" Yay!

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 10:38 PM

[Bathroom Guy]

"What?! I'll murder you! I don't sparkle!" :smallfurious:

More banging against the door. But it holds, even though the vampire is more than strong enough to rip it off its hinges. It's the rules. :smallannoyed:

[Ghost Guy]

"Aww... Good job. I was hoping you'd eat the poison and die like Squeaky."

The ghost floats out of the box and holds up the skeleton of a small rodent. A gerbil. She giggles.

"Anyway, if you want the key out of here, it's in the big ol' fire in the entrance hall. Good luck!"

And with that, the little girl leans forward to give Ghost Guy a spectral kiss on the cheek and then flies up through the ceiling.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 10:41 PM

[Bathroom Guy]

"You do so! Man you put that Jacob guy to shame, you're so bright."

[Ghost Guy]

"Bye." For a crazy psycopath, she wasn't so bad.
Ghost guy heads back into the first room and goes to pick up a stake or two before heading to look at the fire. Maybe he'll be able to use the stake to get the key out before the stake burns into cinders.

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 10:49 PM

[Bathroom Guy]

"I'm not a freaking werewolf either! Oh, I'm going to wait for you to starve in there!" :smallfurious:

Rot pounds futilely on the door some more. Unlike the Tower, staying in the bathroom will get you hungry and thirsty.

[Ghost Guy]

As said before, there are bars covering the fire place so no heroes can push the Nasties that live in this mansion into it, though they are spaced apart enough to allow an arm through. The large brass key is obvious in the fire once you're looking for it. But it's about two feet away, and fully surrounded by flames.

Gullara
2010-12-09, 10:51 PM
[Vampire Manor]

Ghar, Adele, and Garrett appear in the main room.

Adele appears in a nearby chair. Garrett appears laying on a table in the middle of the room. Ghar appears standing over Garrett. Garrett and Adele should be magically bound.

Ghar leans over Garrett and says, "Explain everything you know about the condition of your mind."

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 10:53 PM

[Bathroom Guy]

"Errr... what if I said I'm sorry and think you're the best vampire ever? Even better than those other ones?"

[Ghost Guy]

Hmmm... a stake isn't THAT long. He looks around for a fire poker that is usually next to the fire place.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-09, 10:55 PM
[Vampire Manor]

Ghar, Adele, and Garrett appear in the main room.

Adele appears in a nearby chair. Garrett appears laying on a table in the middle of the room. Ghar appears standing over Garrett. Garrett and Adele should be magically bound.

Ghar leans over Garrett and says, "Explain everything you know about the condition of your mind."

Garrett grins.
"Untie me, first, Mr. Ghar."
He looks over.
"On second thought, untie Adele first."

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 10:56 PM

[Bathroom Guy]

"I'd forgive you and let you out of the mansion. Promise."

Wink.

[Ghost Guy]

There is a fire poker! Huzzah!

It's made of elaborately wrought cold iron. Yes. The fire poker is icey cold to the touch.

Gullara
2010-12-09, 10:59 PM
[Vampire Manor]

"You are going to want to be restrained for this. I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself." Ghar replies, "And as for Adele, I don't need her interrupting."

"What are you doing Ghar?" Adele asks looking very worried.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 11:02 PM

[Bathroom Guy]

"... Say. If the door was open, but I hadn't invited you in, you couldn't come in, right?"

[Ghost Guy]

Brrr.... Ghost Guy pulls his hand back quickly and rips part of his shirt off to wrap around the handle before going to pick it up and try to use it to get the key.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-09, 11:03 PM
[Vampire Manor]
"What," Garrett tilts his head as far as he can, "You worried I'm emo? Or sick? Because trust me, I'm as energetic and healthy as ever. In fact, you might say I'm even healthier. I just 'discovered' that about half of who I am and what I've seen and done has been repressed."
With his face the mess it is, Garrett's smile is a mite disturbing to the common man. And by 'a mite', I mean, OHGAWDDON'TLETTHISKIDGETME!
(deadtime for a few hours)

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 11:05 PM

[Bathroom Guy]

"How should I know? I'm not a freaking vampire Mythbuster. I kill people, I don't test how effective my powers and weaknesses are."

[Ghost Guy]

The key should soon be in Ghost Guy's grasp.

It will fit perfectly in the lock on the front doors. And let him out. Nothing else, though he's free to do with the key as he sees fit.

Gullara
2010-12-09, 11:10 PM
[Vampire Manor] - too many mansions in this thread

"Hmm, and is it still repressed?" Ghar asks, looking in Garrett's eyes closely. Ghar isn't disturbed. He's Ghar.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 11:10 PM

[Bathroom Guy]

"Well... ok." The guy goes back to turning all the water on. He's gotta escape somehow. Maybe if this works....

[Ghost Guy]

Ghost Guy will keep it of course. How else will he become the future Quest Giver?

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 11:12 PM

[Bathroom Guy]

The water is all turned on.

Good job? :smallconfused:

[Ghost Guy]

Yay! Once he steps out of the mansion, he'll note that there is a lot more sunlight. The twisted forest of dead trees just looks sad in the daylight. And there is no wind. It's always less scary when leaving.

Of course, if Bathroom Guy were to look out the window, he would see it as dark, gloomy, and scary.

Lex-Kat
2010-12-09, 11:14 PM
Phone

Aww, but I...fine. It looks so much cooler with anti-gravity engines and stuff now anyways.
Really! That sounds cool. Is it gonna be at the wedding? Maybe the reception. Where is the reception going to be? What colors have you chosen for the wedding? Is it going to be a big cake? What about alcohol? Will it be an open bar? What is the age limit in the Nexus anyway?

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 11:17 PM

[Bathroom Guy]

Oh hey! There's a window in here? Bathroom guy sees if it's large enough for him to get out of while he waits for the room to flood.

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 11:20 PM

[Bathroom Guy]

The window isn't huge. Probably around... one half foot by two feet?

A squeeze. But, of course, there's glass in the window. Like, actual window glass, not the stuff in movies people jump through. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 11:24 PM

Meh. He'll just go the mythbuster's route.
Once the water is actively flowing across the floor and making a good stream (more flushes! More flushes!) .... he'll open the door, jumping back as soon as he does so.

[Path By the Sea]

Bunny Man has his arm draped over Elf Woman and is escorting her home!

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 11:27 PM

Water!

"Water? Well, I'll jus- fffffffffffffffffffffff-"

Rot is physically propelled backward by the water as it spills out over the balcony, making a mini waterfall to the hall below. The vampire watches in frustration, unable to cross the running water.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 11:31 PM

Bathroom Man waits a bit longer and flushes several more times before following the river of water down whichever side Rot isn't on.
"How you like your food now sparkle toes?" :smallamused:

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 11:35 PM

Bathroom Man forgot to factor in one variable in his plan.

Know what it is?

"FLYING HATCHET TO THE FACE!!!"

Yup. He kept the axe he threw at Inito. :smalltongue: And now he's thrown it at Bathroom Man.

If it's dodged, he should get down without a hitch. The double doors leading out are open, unless Ghost Guy was a jerk and closed them.

Reinholdt
2010-12-09, 11:37 PM

"Cra-" *splortch*
:sigh:
You had a good run, guy, but Rot actually outsmarted you in the end. I know. It sounds weird saying it too.

... Of course... now there's no one to shut off the water.

VampireRot
2010-12-09, 11:44 PM

And the pipes will never dry up!

That's right, I just added "perpetual flooded bathroom" to the haunted mansion. >.>

Rot grins, then backs away from the water.

"I think that's everybody." :smallconfused:

He shrugs, and begins making his way down on a non-water covered side.

"Bye everyone! I'll be back for Thanksmas next year too!"

"Bye Rot!"

"Have a good year, sir. And clean your boots before coming in next time."

"Get out of my house."

"Please, keep safe! Stay away from holy symbols and keep out of the sun!"

"Woof."

"..."

>.>
<.<
I think we're done here. :smalltongue:

Artemis97
2010-12-10, 12:12 AM
[Path By the Sea]

Bunny Man has his arm draped over Elf Woman and is escorting her home!

[Path by the Sea]

"Thank you again for walking me back. I don't know how far I would have gotten on my own." Indeed it was unlikely she would have left the stoop of the rundown house in the slums.

A cold, moist wind blows in off the ocean. Down below, the low rumble of waves can be heard, crashing into the shore.

Reinholdt
2010-12-10, 12:50 AM
[Path by the Sea]

"Thank you again for walking me back. I don't know how far I would have gotten on my own." Indeed it was unlikely she would have left the stoop of the rundown house in the slums.

A cold, moist wind blows in off the ocean. Down below, the low rumble of waves can be heard, crashing into the shore.
Bunny man smiles. "Think nothing of it."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-10, 06:05 AM
[Vampire Manor] - too many mansions in this thread

"Hmm, and is it still repressed?" Ghar asks, looking in Garrett's eyes closely. Ghar isn't disturbed. He's Ghar.
Garrett shrugs.
"Most of it, probably. I just sorta found a few hazy things here and there that I could uncover. Didn't have time to go all 'psychotherapist' on myself."
A little bit of blood starts to trickle from Garrett's nose.

happyturtle
2010-12-10, 11:37 AM
Leaving the city

Tia, Serena, and Gabriel have left Inside, possibly still being followed by Dalev.

Gullara
2010-12-10, 11:43 AM
[Leaving the city]

Make that hopefully not being followed by Dalev.

"You aren't cold love, are you?" Gabriel says to Tia.

Serena follows slightly behind, snowball ready in case Dalev is following.

happyturtle
2010-12-10, 11:48 AM
Leaving the City

"Only a little," Tia says. She did dress warmly for the weather, and somehow none of her clothes were damaged by the sudden appearance of wings. Bard Demon. Magic. "I'm more worried about you, love." Wounds and all.

Gullara
2010-12-10, 11:54 AM
[Leaving the city]

Serena gives one last look for Dalev before dropping her snowball and walking up on the other side of Gabriel. "Oh he'll be fine, that's nothing. You should have seen the time he nearly got his arm torn off."

Gabriel shoots a dirty look at Serena before responding, "I will be fine my love. My wounds will recover soon enough." Even now they are looking much better.

"But let me give you my jacket. You need it more than I do." He start to slip it off.

happyturtle
2010-12-10, 12:14 PM
Leaving the City

"Gabriel, I couldn't..." Tia protests. But if he insists, she'll let him slip it over her shoulders. It's pretty hard to stop a man who is trying to be protective, after all.

Gullara
2010-12-10, 12:21 PM
[Leaving the city]

"Tia, I don't feel the cold. I don't need it." He'll help her put the jacket on. "And even if I could feel the cold, you are much more important than me."

happyturtle
2010-12-10, 12:25 PM
Headed to Riverside

Tia kisses him affectionately. "That's not true. I'd be nothing without you, my darling."

Gullara
2010-12-10, 12:38 PM
[Headed to Riverside]

He returns the kiss gladly, "I don't believe this is an argument either of us can win."

At this point Serena steps out in front of them and starts walking backwards. "I've gotta ask, what's up with you two? Me and Nite never acted like that the whole time we were dating. And you two have been together for what, a week?"

happyturtle
2010-12-10, 12:39 PM
Headed to Riverside

"It was love at first sight," Tia says happily. :smallredface:

Gullara
2010-12-10, 12:53 PM
[Headed to Riverside]

Gabriel kisses the top of her head in response. ((I'm just assuming Gabriel is quite a bit taller than Tia, being 6' tall and all.))

"Yeah, I got that impression, it just all seems a bit quick. Don't get me wrong though. If you're happy I'm happy." She turns around and and continues to walk.

She shoots a mischievous look over her shoulder. "And besides, Gabriel's needed a woman for a long time."

happyturtle
2010-12-10, 12:55 PM
To Riverside

Tia smiles, a bit impishly. "Is that so?"

((naptime. back later.))

Gullara
2010-12-10, 01:01 PM
[To Riverside]

Gabriel gives Serena a dirty look and she just laughs.

"Oh, yeah. Gabriel's always been the type to flirt with the girls, but that's as far as it would go. It's good he finally found someone he cares about."

"And don't give me that look, Gabriel. You know it's true."

((You and your naps:smalltongue:))

[Vampire Manor]

Garrett shrugs.
"Most of it, probably. I just sorta found a few hazy things here and there that I could uncover. Didn't have time to go all 'psychotherapist' on myself."
A little bit of blood starts to trickle from Garrett's nose.

"I'm going to enter your mind," Ghar says, "Let me in."

Ghar will attempt to force his way into Garrett's mind whether he is given permission or not.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-10, 03:26 PM
[Vampire Manor]
Garrett shrugs. He knows he couldn't keep Ghar out, but it's always easy to keep someone in.
The little evil part of the brain (even paladins have one, so don't go ragging on me!) wonders how many years of mind games it would take to break Ghar, but the rest of Garrett is disturbed by the idea.
Now, if Ghar is using a sort of mental avatar or alter ego or whatever to place everything in more understandable terms (like when Dominic Deegan is in his own mind but has a body instead of just traveling throughout the neurons), then the 'extra minds' that Garrett has been able to coax out of hiding are busy tidying up the place.

Gullara
2010-12-10, 03:36 PM
[Garrett's Mind]

Ghar does in fact have a mental avatar, or whatever. He appears in Garrett's mind and looks much the same as Ghar really does.

He begins to explore Garrett's mind.

((This'll be interesting))

shawnhcorey
2010-12-10, 03:41 PM
[just Outside of Town]

A stranger appears just Outside of Town. He is a young man with yellow hair and dressed in a home-spun tunic. He notices the creepy-eyed squirrel watching him and he stares back.

http://sites.google.com/site/shawnhcorey/ffrp/Ix_peasant-100.png

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-10, 03:43 PM
[Garrett's Mind]
The 'alter-egos' look up at Ghar, and one of them seems to be especially afraid of him for some reason, looking away whenever Ghar looks at him or comes near.
Just let him through, guys. He's making sure the crazy lady didn't screw me up or anything, Garrett's voice seems to come from everywhere, like a really effective surround sound.

Gullara
2010-12-10, 03:46 PM
[Garrett's Mind]

"There is much more to it than that. You were 'screwed up' long before now."

"If you are going to be anywhere near Adele I will have to correct it."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-10, 03:58 PM
[Garrett's Mind]
Garrett has an understanding of science equivalent to that of any other nerd his age, so the mindscape has taken on the image of a series of bridges and roads and such made up by the neurons. Every once in a while, there will be a 'help desk' or a locked down and fogged up area run by another 'ego'.
I'm screwed up? You're the pissy murderer who tied his own family to a table!"

Gullara
2010-12-10, 04:03 PM
[Garrett's Mind]

Ghar laughs, "If you recall, only you are tied to the table." He continues walking until he approaches a help desk.

"Just remember, I am trying to help you. Although it might not feel like it."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-10, 04:06 PM
[Vampire Manor]
Remember that as long as you are in my mind, i can read bits of yours no matter how good your defenses. Hell, even if I couldn't I wouldn't want your sadistic arse in here!
A small jolt from whatever neuron Ghar's on will tell him to speed up.

Gullara
2010-12-10, 04:08 PM
[Garrett's Mind]

Ghar keeps walking at the same leisurely pace.

He's perfectly aware of how traveling within someone's mind works.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-10, 04:13 PM
[Garrett's Mind]
Garrett just sighs and goes back to his work, though an avatar is sent to watch Ghar from a distance. Here and there are areas where a dark cloud allows certain signals in and out, but violently disposes of anything else.

Gullara
2010-12-10, 04:14 PM
[Garrett's Mind]

Ghar approaches one of these clouds and walks into it.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-10, 04:21 PM
[Garrett's Mind]
The cloud resists Ghar at first, but Ghar is definitely powerful enough to pass through the simple magic that has been blocking Garrett's mind.
Then, a length of cloud that seems even darker than the others WOOSHes through the air and strikes at Ghar, attempting to knock him off of the neuron path.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-10, 04:22 PM
"It's no use dear." Sarah replies, "They got holes in their stomaches after all." And about the same time Vizek lands, first time in his dragon from actually.

Without saying a word he moves over to the human Damon is with who happens to be a young man. The green dragon takes up the broken tendril the man is attached to and slowly takes it out as Damon can feel a burst of magic coming from Vizek.

The man's grave wound seems to heal as Vizek gently pulls him off the tendril, but this healing seems to need a lot of energy as a lot of organs that the tendril apparently replaced needs regrowing.

The man gasps for air as he appears to be fully healed but Damon can feel that the magic Vizek used to heal him is already fading.
The green dragon takes a deep breath and moves over to the next human, but then glances at Damon. It's at this point he seems to notice that Damon is hurt.
"Damon, you need some healing?" He asks, sounding a bit tired.

"I...yeah, my wings got messed up, but...them first." He nods at the humans, fearing that Vizek won't be able to save most of them. Still, best that he tries, at least.

Damon heads over to check on the man who just got healed, trying to help him into a sitting position. "Take it easy now, take it easy."

Gullara
2010-12-10, 04:23 PM
[Garrett's Mind]

Light radiates from Ghar's hand as he deflects the cloud. "You won't be rid of me that easily."