PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Stick PbP game?

Maxios
2010-12-07, 12:46 PM
I would like to start an OOTs play-by-post game. The players would take control of the Order, and it'd be set in a "What if" universe where the entire plot could be changed around.
I'd just like to know if it's allowed. If it's not, would it be allowed if they control totally original characters?

Kobold-Bard
2010-12-07, 12:48 PM
I would like to start an OOTs play-by-post game. The players would take control of the Order, and it'd be set in a "What if" universe where the entire plot could be changed around.
I'd just like to know if it's allowed. If it's not, would it be allowed if they control totally original characters?

As long as you're not making money/trying to say you own the OotS etc. I don't see why this would be a problem.

Maxios
2010-12-07, 12:53 PM
As long as you're not making money/trying to say you own the OotS etc. I don't see why this would be a problem.

Thanks. I didn't want to cause any problems with the moderators or the Giant, :smallsmile:

Icewalker
2010-12-07, 01:48 PM
I think Kobold-Bard is probably right, but I suggest waiting for a mod response nonetheless.

Kobold-Bard
2010-12-07, 01:59 PM
I think Kobold-Bard is probably right, but I suggest waiting for a mod response nonetheless.

As do I tbh.

Maxios
2010-12-07, 05:24 PM
Alright, I'll wait until Roland or one of the other mods posts.

RaggedAngel
2010-12-07, 06:17 PM
If they agree, I call Vaarsuvius.

Why? BECAUSE ONLY I CAN HANDLE THE INCREADIBLE COMPLEXITY REQUIRED to play the increadibly genius that is Vaarsuvius and to fully contemplate the unimaginable power contained withing the ultimate inner workings's of Vaarsuvius's mind; only I HAVE THE POWER TO TRUELY UNDERSTAND THE GLORY AND MENTAL POWER THAT IS VAARSUVIUS, AND BY UNDERSTANDING that power to utilize it in the same manner; a manner in which, though not utterly efficient when looked upon by an outside mind, is increadibly visual and impressive when viewed by those within the world in which Vaarsuvius resides. :vaarsuvius: :smallsmile:

Maxios
2010-12-07, 06:21 PM
If they agree, I call Vaarsuvius.

Why? BECAUSE ONLY I CAN HANDLE THE INCREADIBLE COMPLEXITY REQUIRED to play the increadibly genius that is Vaarsuvius and to fully contemplate the unimaginable power contained withing the ultimate inner workings's of Vaarsuvius's mind; only I HAVE THE POWER TO TRUELY UNDERSTAND THE GLORY AND MENTAL POWER THAT IS VAARSUVIUS, AND BY UNDERSTANDING that power to utilize it in the same manner; a manner in which, though not utterly efficient when looked upon by an outside mind, is increadibly visual and impressive when viewed by those within the world in which Vaarsuvius resides. :vaarsuvius: :smallsmile:

I'll make sure that spot will be reserved if the mods say yes :smallsmile:

Also, I may control either Belkar, or Elan. Probably Belkar

RaggedAngel
2010-12-07, 06:34 PM
You, sir, have made my day.

...I'm tempted to go start making a sheet for Vaarsuvius now.

I suppose I'll wait to hear the verdict from a Mod.

Maxios
2010-12-07, 06:38 PM
You, sir, have made my day.

...I'm tempted to go start making a sheet for Vaarsuvius now.

I suppose I'll wait to hear the verdict from a Mod.

Alright. :smallsmile:

Elfin
2010-12-07, 07:44 PM
Ooh, this sounds fun. It doesn't sound like anything too egregious, but I think you're wise in waiting for a mod's approval.

Anyway, can I call Roy?

Maxios
2010-12-07, 07:47 PM
Ooh, this sounds fun. It doesn't sound like anything too egregious, but I think you're wise in waiting for a mod's approval.

Anyway, can I call Roy?

Sure! If the mods say yes, that leaved Durkon, Elan, and Haley open (I'm going to play Belkar)

Temotei
2010-12-07, 08:44 PM
Sure! If the mods say yes, that leaved Durkon, Elan, and Haley open (I'm going to play Belkar)

I want Durkon or Haley. This sounds like fun. :smallsmile:

Maxios
2010-12-07, 08:47 PM
I want Durkon or Haley. This sounds like fun. :smallsmile:

Great :smallbiggrin:

Loki_42
2010-12-07, 09:10 PM
I'm not sure, but I'm thinking about Elan.

Maxios
2010-12-07, 09:11 PM
I'm not sure, but I'm thinking about Elan.

Great! If the mods say yes, we'll have a full party :smallbiggrin:

druid91
2010-12-07, 09:31 PM
So is Durkon still available?

Elfin
2010-12-07, 09:36 PM
Sounds like. Now for the DM...

LOTRfan
2010-12-07, 10:03 PM
Yay for a campaign that breaks the fourth wall! :smallsmile:

It seems Elan can be quite a challenge to role play (can you imagine having to come up all those puns?), so I congratulate Loki on his (possible) decision.

Ryuk01
2010-12-07, 10:13 PM
Is there any more spots left? I would be really interested to play. Hopefully as Belkar, but the OP took it, so maybe Roy?

Also, will we have a Linear Guild?

Temotei
2010-12-07, 10:26 PM
Is there any more spots left? I would be really interested to play. Hopefully as Belkar, but the OP took it, so maybe Roy?

Also, will we have a Linear Guild?

A bit hypocritical of me (:smallfrown:), but it's probably best to just wait for a moderator, Roland, or Rawhide to answer right now.

Hawkfrost000
2010-12-07, 10:41 PM
i'd like to play as elan unless Loki_42 called it first

:elan: FTW!!!!

DM

Roland St. Jude
2010-12-07, 10:46 PM
Sheriff: Provisionally, I can't see any rules problem with this. Now, The Giant may not want his characters used in that fashion on this site. I know he has rules limiting the cameos in web comics, for example. I'm going to lock this because only he has the answer to that.

I'd recommend you wait for his say so before beginning lest you get a head of steam going on it and then be asked to stop.