PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Nexus OOC VIII: Portable Atrocities

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Haruki-kun
2010-12-07, 06:19 PM
Due to general agreement between people on both sides of the line, TOWN and ACRO have been merged. Thus, all threads which previously would have fallen in once category or another, should now be tagged [NEXUS].

LONG LIVE THE NEXUS!

:wink:

So, what is Nexus?
Well, the Nexus itself is like a rift, a single, brilliant point where all the universes in this strange thing we call 'reality' meet. Traveling to, from, and between any world or cosmology is theoretically possible here, and the Nexus itself seems to encourage this happening, often sucking beings and locations out of other universes at random, and dumping them on the world that lies at its center. It was not always like this, however. Once there were two worlds at the Nexus' heart, separate and distinct, though somewhat similar in ways. Similar enough that they slowly and eventually merged, so that only one remained. Here in this world the Nexus' influence reigns supreme, and as such the world has defied almost all attempts at classification. Here, knights of old may engage with Jedi knights. Gleaming spaceships land in Dark Age hamlets. Cowboys and samurai quest together to find holy sandwich boxes. And in the heavens above, Xi Wangmu and the Flying Spaghetti Monster meet every Woden's Day to play bowls with Pelor (it gets pretty epic). Here the possibilities are endless, and the universe without rules (except the Forum Rules, and the general FFRP rules, and the Individual Thread Rules, and oh whatever). Welcome to Nexus. Fun is had here.

Major Locales

For an endless world that defies all logic and classification, Nexus can be pretty darn consistent at times. As such, several locations have survived the test of time, remaining (somewhat) constant amidst the chaos of the rest of the world.

Town - At the heart of the Nexus lies the city-state of Town. Self-governed by an elected council, Town can most accurately be described as a city's planner's worst nightmare. A sump of urban madness, here spires of glass and steel can be seen next to Ancient Babylonian slum. Where Hellenistic Temples co-exist with Gothic Cathedrals and the odd Oriental Pagoda. Where crumbling, zombie infested crypts lie untouched in the middle of verdant parkland. It's craaaaaazy. It's Town.

Inside - A sister city to Town, the City of Inside is less chaotic than its close relative. Inside mostly resembles a modern city, with high-rise buildings and apartments, alleyways and roads, though the odd Demonic Monument can still be seen rising up above the surrounding suburb, teeming with dark cultists. Inside is the current seat of the Acronymian Empire, which controls much of the surrounding area.

Outside - If you ain't Inside (or in Town), you're OUTSIDE! :smallamused: Simple as that. Outside is a meta-thread for all those wildernessy type areas that don't merit their own threads, be it wood or lake or tiny shack.

ACRONYMS - Home to adventurers, these complexes provide headquarters and occasionally living space for like-minded Player Characters. Invariably equipped with cheesy names, these structures provide a place for their various members to fight crime, cause chaos, or anything of the sort. Current Acronyms include:

AMEN - Association for the Malicious, Evil and Nefarious. Evil aligned organization, exists to be EVIL! And sometimes Ebil.
HALO - Heroic, Anti-evil and Lawbreaking Organization. Non-Evil aligned organization, exists to smite wrong-doers.
GLoG - Good League of Good. Good aligned organization, exists to redeem evil-doers.
LANTERN - Lawful Awesome Not-Neutral Truthful Anti-Evil Respectable Nothing Else. Good-Aligned group dedicated to fighting evil and crime of anysort. They also use power rings, and is a supeteam led by Maxios.
NO - Neutralist Oganization. Neutral aligned organization, exists to perform mercenary contracts for other organizations and individuals in the Nexus without taking sides
WATCHTOWER - You Know What? Screw It. Non-aligned aligned organization. Exists to destroy threats to Nexus, whatever form they may take.
SAINT - Society of Assassins, Infiltrators, Ninja, and Terrorists. Assasin's guild, located in Riverside.

The Taverns
What kind of vaguely DnDesque adventurer would you be if you didn't visit one of these places at least once? The various Taverns, Grills, Hotels, Cantinas and Restaurant provide meeting places for the Player Characters, areas for quest givers to stand mysteriously in, and also places for people to eat and spend the money they seem to have infinite amounts of. Though there are a vast number of such places in Nexus, some with their own thread and some without, throughout history three major hubs have existed, without which Nexus as we know it wouldn't exist. The Dancing Fox Inn, which is located in Town. Taverna Generica, which is located near Inside. And Trog's Tavern, which is located, maddeningly enough, in Town and Inside at the same time. There is also the Black Dragon's Den, it's located roughly between the docks and the slums of Inside, and is the local hive of scum and villany.

Nexus Character Directory (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8624672#post8624672)

Gullara
2010-12-07, 06:21 PM
Hmm, PACK still isn't in the OP.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 06:23 PM
*pokes TE and RPG over to inside. Well, TE, really. RPG is doing good on the posting*

Gullara
2010-12-07, 06:24 PM
*pokes TE and RPG over to inside. Well, TE, really. RPG is doing good on the posting*

*slaps*

That's right, so no more poking.

And I don't think TE is on.

Murkus
2010-12-07, 06:27 PM
*slaps*

That's right, so no more poking.

And I don't think TE is on.

*pokes to Inside*

In case you hadn't noticed what with the quick posting there of late.

Gullara
2010-12-07, 06:28 PM
*pokes to Inside*

In case you hadn't noticed what with the quick posting there of late.

Ack. You're sneaky fast:smalltongue:

You may have missed that rae is at the alley entrance, so I'm gunna let him react first I think.

*pokes Rae*

Murkus
2010-12-07, 06:30 PM
Ack. You're sneaky fast:smalltongue:

You may have missed that rae is at the alley entrance, so I'm gunna let him react first I think.

*pokes Rae*

Oh, I hadn't noticed. Lemme look up that post...

Zefir
2010-12-07, 06:31 PM
Global Deadtime for my 2 Chars^^

Gullara
2010-12-07, 06:36 PM
Oh, I hadn't noticed. Lemme look up that post...

Hmm, I was looking at the LANTERN thread and apparently Rae deadtimed.

Murkus
2010-12-07, 06:36 PM
Kay, I edited for Rae. *double-poke*

But no hurry.

Shyftir
2010-12-07, 06:37 PM
Your lack of COOL lingo makes me sad, but your enthusiasm and ample understand of sentence structure encourage me.

Consider this event already flying off the handle bro.

Dude, I only let fly teh lingo IC, man. If I try to think like that 24/7 I'm gonna end up totally krunked, without even touch teh sauce, bro.

*staggers away and has an aneurysm.

But yeah, let me post something in Trog's about heading out and then I'll post over in "Outside" with a [random streets] tag and we'll throw down. Kk?

Murkus
2010-12-07, 06:40 PM
Dude, I only let fly teh lingo IC, man. If I try to think like that 24/7 I'm gonna end up totally krunked, without even touch teh sauce, bro.

But yeah, let me post something in Trog's about heading out and then I'll post over in "Outside" with a [random streets] tag and we'll throw down. Kk?

Oh wait. I just posted a response to your fella.

Feel free to ignore it, I've got enough active characters as it is.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-07, 06:40 PM
Trix would like to thank Maxios for supplying her with a suit of power armour. It is now neatly showcased on a mannequin next to the sofa in the pocket plane in her hat. :smalltongue:

Fan
2010-12-07, 06:45 PM

Krunked? Your more than a little out of date. XD

No worries bro, I'll be happy to lay down some wicked truths to enlighten your crazy self.

Maxios
2010-12-07, 06:48 PM
So...they're going to go around hoarding technology for themselves? Because that's what the Brotherhood of Steel does. Aside from the East Coast exiles, they're not really nice people. :smallconfused:

They won't be hoarding technology. They'll be more East Coast then West Coast

V'icternus
2010-12-07, 06:52 PM
[All traces and mention of OP: Steel are now erased from the Wall, and as well from the mind of everyone who read them]

...Since when can Maxios wipe memories at all, let alone in such a specific manner?
And furthermore, if you check the wall, all mentions have not been erased. They're still there.
Am I missing something? :smallconfused:

Maxios
2010-12-07, 06:54 PM
...Since when can Maxios wipe memories at all, let alone in such a specific manner?
And furthermore, if you check the wall, all mentions have not been erased. They're still there.
Am I missing something? :smallconfused:

It was more of a joke over the mentions getting erased then anything else. Maxios was trying to use a gizmo and his ring to get rid of the mentions

V'icternus
2010-12-07, 06:56 PM
Wiping memories is no joke!

That's serious power. Especially without being anywhere near the person, it being multiple people, and not even knowing who they are.

If Maxios wants to scribble his plans on a wall instead of, say, sending messages privately to LANTERN members, fine, but he can't go around erasing memories without some damn good cause.

"Because I was stupid" isn't a reason. :smalltongue:

Shyftir
2010-12-07, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I was never that into the constant flow of slang. So I just cherry pick whatever sounds good at the time. My excuse is that in Chi-town we like to stay old school, and I'm originally from a place that was waaay farther behind the times. Ory will probably give you beef about trying too hard with the lingo and needing to relax more. He's actually pretty chill.

(Also, he's from his own little cyberpunk world I'm making up as I go along. So he might have totally different slang anyway.)

Fan
2010-12-07, 06:58 PM
I was joking, but however it wants to go, okay, and the cool kid isn't trying at all it's just how he talks. :smalltongue:

Gullara
2010-12-07, 07:02 PM
"Every time we've done things your way it's failed, miserably, and made things worse. Every. Single. Time. We've done things our way once, and nothing bad happened. In fact, we befriended a vampire. That's no loop-hole, and vampires aren't stupid. They will hear you clunking around in that armor from a mile away. Wear street clothes, because I guarantee nobody else is going to be wearing a suit."

*highfives*

Darklord Bright
2010-12-07, 07:07 PM
I kinda want Trix to fly and land somewhere Outside, but I don't know what I'd do, cause she'd end up being all by herself at a lake or something (If there is one). I mean, she'd certainly like being alone, but I'd find it boring. :smalltongue:

Shyftir
2010-12-07, 07:18 PM
Okay, Fan, post is up "Outside" I gotta go deadtime for a bit I'll post again sometime tonight.

Gullara
2010-12-07, 07:28 PM
Hey Murkus, you know how bad Arnold probably looks to Rae? :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-12-07, 07:33 PM
((My opinion, at that low a fall, only a heavy heavy person should break Tweetums back, I would hope. He's not a flyer, so his bones should be denser than say, a Pteradon's. Right? :smallconfused:

Of course, the final call is VampireRot's.))

Bianca had better hope so. If Tweetums gets killed, there will be the Wrath of Roxie to face. :furious:

VampireRot
2010-12-07, 07:38 PM
Bianca had better hope so. If Tweetums gets killed, there will be the Wrath of Roxie to face. :furious:

Tweetums is okay! Tweetums is okay! :smalleek:

*hides under coffin from Roxie*

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 07:40 PM
Sooo...
Garrett is trying not to ruin a date by being entirely too paranoid...
Keith joined LANTERN since they were getting hated on and is listening to what Maxios says (poor, poor Keith)...
And Alex refrains from sinking buildings one by one because he wants to be an evil genius, not an evil bastard.

Gullara
2010-12-07, 07:42 PM
Sooo...
Garrett is trying not to ruin a date by being entirely too paranoid...

Said date's mind has been influenced by a vampire I should mention.

happyturtle
2010-12-07, 07:52 PM
Named buildings Inside are generally important enough to have been reinforced by Dirtamancers, so it wouldn't be as easy as he thinks.

Then the Heavy Metal Gölems would show up. :smallamused:

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-07, 08:00 PM
I'm totally hoping for a David Attenborough-esque documentary on The Secret Life of the Wall hosted by DC now. Utter win. :smallbiggrin:

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 08:02 PM
Said date's mind has been influenced by a vampire I should mention.

Garrett doesn't know that for sure. And he's not skilled enough to pick up the alteration when it happens to someone else unless they're fighting it.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-07, 08:06 PM
Trix is The Anti-Maxios! Orange Lantern rings can specifically absorb green energy powers. :smalltongue:

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-07, 08:09 PM
*All hail the Anti-Maxios!* I wonder what religion saying that made me part of. Mercuryism perhaps? But yeah, good for you, Trix really is the opposite of Maxios in every way.

Maxios
2010-12-07, 08:09 PM
There are now two anti Maxios: Trix, and Maxios' evil clone

V'icternus
2010-12-07, 08:10 PM
There are now two anti Maxios: Trix, and Maxios' evil clone

Evil clone?

Well, ask yourself this.
Which one has done more harm to the cause of good?

VampireRot
2010-12-07, 08:10 PM
*All hail the Anti-Maxios!* I wonder what religion saying that made me part of. Mercuryism perhaps? But yeah, good for you, Trix really is the opposite of Maxios in every way.

But Maxios is alive, and so is Trix. :smallconfused: So she wouldn't be his opposite in every way.

happyturtle
2010-12-07, 08:14 PM
[Ice Cream Shop]

(Would either of you mind if she attempted to use mind-magic on Garret and Adele to convince them they're her kids? She would eventually just get bored, remove the mind controll and kick them out.)

More ice cream! Sefrine says, waving her hands, and more ice cream appears in the bowls.

Woah... and after they'd been all kissy faced?

Luke and Leia anyone? :smalleek::smallyuk::smallbiggrin:

Gullara
2010-12-07, 08:16 PM

:smalleek:

:smalltongue:

I call it comic relief after the dramatic part... I guess.

Maxios
2010-12-07, 08:19 PM
*pokes Technoscrabble to new LANTERN thread*

To Victernus: Definently Evil Maxios. Caused AMEN to go in a frenzy (which is NOT good), worked with Mercury, and tried to blow up LANTERN

V'icternus
2010-12-07, 08:24 PM
Caused an evil team to... do evil things.
Alright, yeah, good guys do that, too.

Worked with Mercury.
Guilt by association? You disgust me.

Trying to blow up LANTERN?
Well, trying isn't that bad... But it's LANTERN. How good are they, really? :smalltongue:

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 08:36 PM
Might I note Keith is merely with Lantern because they are the underdogs at the moment.
As soon as he figures out what's going on, he's probably going to side with Rae on the whole thing. Unless character development happens and he turns out stupid.
Which I hope doesn't happen.
OH! OH! OH! Schism in LANTERN!

Maxios
2010-12-07, 08:38 PM
Might I note Keith is merely with Lantern because they are the underdogs at the moment.
As soon as he figures out what's going on, he's probably going to side with Rae on the whole thing. Unless character development happens and he turns out stupid.
Which I hope doesn't happen.
OH! OH! OH! Schism in LANTERN!

Character development will happen, soon.

Gullara
2010-12-07, 08:41 PM
I so just posted on the Wall thinking it was this thread:smalltongue:

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 08:41 PM
Hey, Keith's in it for blowing up baddies. Not soup kitchens.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 08:42 PM
Hey RPGs, quick question, Serena is Nite's wife, right? If so, is she wearing the earrings that Nite got her?

Maxios
2010-12-07, 08:48 PM
Hey guys, a few threads back there was a link to the GLOG wikia. Could someone post on here?

happyturtle
2010-12-07, 08:50 PM
If anyone wants to pick a fight with Gabriel, they could always hit on Tia in the Trog's thread.

*totally didn't check with RPG first to see if he minded* :smalltongue:

Gullara
2010-12-07, 08:56 PM
Hey RPGs, quick question, Serena is Nite's wife, right? If so, is she wearing the earrings that Nite got her?

Yes and yes.

And I thought that was non-canon Rae:smalltongue:

If anyone wants to pick a fight with Gabriel, they could always hit on Tia in the Trog's thread.

*totally didn't check with RPG first to see if he minded* :smalltongue:

I don't think I have a choice:smalltongue:

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 08:58 PM
Yes and yes.

And I thought that was non-canon Rae:smalltongue:

Shh...

Don't mind that, Rae was obviously just being silly. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-12-07, 08:59 PM
Not sure anyone's going to take the bait. There don't seem to be many human types in Trog's tonight.

VampireRot
2010-12-07, 09:01 PM
Not sure anyone's going to take the bait. There don't seem to be many human types in Trog's tonight.

I wish I could have Isaac get caught up with that, but he's not going to let himself get anywhere near a succubus. :smallfrown:

Stupid competent characters. Feels weird to play them. :smallyuk:

Gullara
2010-12-07, 09:03 PM
I wish I could have Isaac get caught up with that, but he's not going to let himself get anywhere near a succubus. :smallfrown:

Stupid competent characters. Feels weird to play them. :smallyuk:

Come on, don't you want Gabriel to beat the stuffing out of Isaac?:smalltongue:

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 09:06 PM
Hmm, getting in trouble with a vampire..

Well, Rae's already doing that, and the other Rae is on a date in the Nightclub... Len and Rin are arguing offscreen... That leaves Trilby, or the reporter character I have yet to introduce. I want to send Trilby in...

happyturtle
2010-12-07, 09:07 PM
I somehow doubt Gabriel is jealous enough to resent her petting a stretchy cat. :smalltongue:

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 09:08 PM
I somehow doubt Gabriel is jealous enough to resent her petting a stretchy cat. :smalltongue:

I dunno, Trilby can take away a lot of someone's attention...

I'm gonna do it.

Gullara
2010-12-07, 09:09 PM

Well...

No. That would be crazy.:smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-12-07, 09:13 PM
And her seduction aura does tend to require being mostly humanoid. Not saying it's impossible to affect a kitty, but since Tia wouldn't be tempted, she wouldn't be directing her aura at him purposefully.

I wonder if Gabriel has figured out yet that Tia would have no problem at all with him dallying with other women? It wouldn't even occur to her to be jealous, as long as it made Gabriel happy.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 09:15 PM
Gabriel, you lucky bastard, you! [/badjoke]

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 09:15 PM
And her seduction aura does tend to require being mostly humanoid.

Seduction? Trilby only desires cuddles, and he desires them from everyone.

Gullara
2010-12-07, 09:16 PM
And her seduction aura does tend to require being mostly humanoid. Not saying it's impossible to affect a kitty, but since Tia wouldn't be tempted, she wouldn't be directing her aura at him purposefully.

I wonder if Gabriel has figured out yet that Tia would have no problem at all with him dallying with other women? It wouldn't even occur to her to be jealous, as long as it made Gabriel happy.

Oh no, Tia has Gabriel wrapped around her little finger. He doesn't even flirt with other women anymore.

*gasp*

Reinholdt
2010-12-07, 09:22 PM
Seduction? Trilby only desires cuddles, and he desires them from everyone.

Trilby's too slow. :smalltongue:
Though I doubt that'll stop the cuddles.

happyturtle
2010-12-07, 09:23 PM
Poor Trilby. For Tia, flirting is a higher calling even than cute kittehs.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-07, 09:25 PM

Oh, right. I'll make sure she deletes that too. :smallamused:

Gullara
2010-12-07, 09:26 PM
Oh, right. I'll make sure she deletes that too. :smallamused:

Good idea:smalltongue:

But did you see those eyes?

happyturtle
2010-12-07, 09:30 PM
Boys have prettier eyes. /Tia logic

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 09:31 PM

Oh, we'll see. We'll see...

But did you see those eyes?

There will quite possibly be more where that came from. Trilby will receive cuddles.

Gullara
2010-12-07, 09:31 PM
^: :smalltongue:

Boys have prettier eyes. /Tia logic

Sounds like heresy to me *blam*

*Commissar's head is brutally ripped off by Gabriel*

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-07, 09:35 PM
You know what I just realized what this whole thing where Sefrine is making the kids think she's their mother reminds me of? Coraline. I actually considered doing a plot based on the movie at PACK but figured it would never work. And I just did it by accident.

VampireRot
2010-12-07, 09:36 PM
You know what I just realized what this whole thing where Sefrine is making the kids think she's their mother reminds me of? Coraline. I actually considered doing a plot based on the movie book at PACK but figured it would never work. And I just did it by accident.

coughcoughcough :smallannoyed:

Reinholdt
2010-12-07, 09:38 PM
I liked the movie. It was creepy. And had a cat.
But I've never read the book.
>>

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 09:38 PM
You know what I just realized what this whole thing where Sefrine is making the kids think she's their mother reminds me of? Coraline. I actually considered doing a plot based on the movie at PACK but figured it would never work. And I just did it by accident.

Thanks to you, Garrett now has multiple personality disorder and is trying to figure out why he doesn't remember having a sister.
When he founds out what happened, Ghar's gonna be even scarier.
EDIT: Gotta deadtime at 3 may be back after 5. That's GMT, folks!

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-07, 09:42 PM
Movie. Coraline was one of the fewmovies I felt equaled the book they were based off of. And Chezchire will be the cat. Unless Reinholdt or THAT CAT would care to join.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-07, 09:56 PM
*highfives*
*highfive returned*

Recaiden
2010-12-07, 09:58 PM
I've never seen the movie. Anyone else think that it was good?

happyturtle
2010-12-07, 10:04 PM
Aww, looks like RPG deadtimed before he could rip Reinholdt's head off.

Reinholdt
2010-12-07, 10:06 PM
>>
*breaths sigh of relief*
<<

Gimliggamer
2010-12-07, 10:07 PM
.....I'm a little confuse at way there are no AMENites at HALO yet.:smallconfused:

happyturtle
2010-12-07, 10:08 PM
It's just you, TE, and Zefir, and Zefir's deadtimed.

Gullara
2010-12-07, 10:09 PM
Aww, looks like RPG deadtimed before he could rip Reinholdt's head off.

>>
*breaths sigh of relief*
<<

I'm back:smallamused:

Real life and such and such

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-07, 10:11 PM
The submarine got there a bit ago, Ar has just been waiting for the others to undeadtime.

happyturtle
2010-12-07, 10:11 PM
It couldn't have happened to a nicer Reinholdt.

Really, it couldn't have. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-12-07, 10:13 PM
True. Even Mister Buttons is a bit cruel with his pouncings.

Also... Exalted Vampire. :smalleek:

The Bushranger
2010-12-07, 10:18 PM
>> Yus.

Oh. I thought Jamie's middle name was Misaki for some reason.

...ah. You're right. Well, it's one of her middle names...

Jamie < Jacklu's pink-haired androgynous boy who everybody mistook for a girl at Enup. Quinn's first crush when she was a young teenager.
Misaki < Misaki, of course. :smallfrown:
Catherine < Tobias' first fianceé, killed (by Tony :smalleek:) as she was walking torwads him at the altar...
Druid < Tobias' current (in Quinn's timeframe) surname.

horngeek
2010-12-07, 10:20 PM
Also... Exalted Vampire. :smalleek:

The closest you'd get is Abyssals. They have the whole blood-sucking thing, even.

...Reinholdt, if I end up playing a Dracula-themed Abyssal, I'm blaming you. Just saying.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-07, 10:22 PM
Well, I'm going to make a were-lich animated desklamp who feeds on the tears of children!

...joking, of course.

Reinholdt
2010-12-07, 10:23 PM
The closest you'd get is Abyssals. They have the whole blood-sucking thing, even.

...Reinholdt, if I end up playing a Dracula-themed Abyssal, I'm blaming you. Just saying.

That's ok. I get blamed for a lot and half the time I don't even know what I did.

Gullara
2010-12-07, 10:32 PM
I think Gabriel should consider himself lucky Butler hadn't desided to come to Trog's:smalltongue:

horngeek
2010-12-07, 10:48 PM
Out of interest, is there any way to permanently stop Rot from lurking in Inside?

Darkcomet
2010-12-07, 10:49 PM
Not much short of making the whole place holy or getting the ISF to step in full-scale, methinks.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-07, 10:49 PM
Out of interest, is there any way to permanently stop Rot from lurking in Inside?

Get Trix to trap him inside her hat! :smalltongue:

The Alexandrian
2010-12-07, 10:50 PM
Dig a moat around Inside that feeds from an underground source and runs into the ocean! Vampires cannot cross running water. :smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2010-12-07, 10:52 PM
Well, we have a moat thanks to an attempted eldritch killsat strike that got blocked by a shield generator I no longer have access to. Doesn't really feed off any source, though, so it's kinda just sitting there being full of ocean water.

Gullara
2010-12-07, 10:56 PM
Part of me makes me want to make a character to join AMEN for the sole purpose of being possessed by Mr. BunBun.

Reinholdt
2010-12-07, 10:59 PM
Part of me makes me want to make a character to join AMEN for the sole purpose of being possessed by Mr. BunBun.

Dooooooooo it!

Darklord Bright
This must be confirmed, Rae - is a Denimancer's natural enemy, in fact, the Corduroylock?

VampireRot
Dig a moat around Inside that feeds from an underground source and runs into the ocean! Vampires cannot cross running water. :smalltongue:

Oh. That's easy. He'll just hire some beavers.

Beavers are a natural ally of vampires. Didn't you know? It's all there, the big teeth, the aversion to running water, the hatred for wooden things. It makes sense! :smalleek:

Gullara
2010-12-07, 11:01 PM
Dooooooooo it!

Hmm, I'm long overdue for a silly character. Expect him to show up sometime tomorrow.

What have I done?

horngeek
2010-12-07, 11:02 PM
I actually would like to find a way to do it, though, because, well...

bit hard to raise morale if someone keeps coming back to terrorize the place no matter what you do.

Gullara
2010-12-07, 11:03 PM
I actually would like to find a way to do it, though, because, well...

bit hard to raise morale if someone keeps coming back to terrorize the place no matter what you do.

You kind of take away a lot of RP potential from those with vampire characters *cough*

Gimliggamer
2010-12-07, 11:03 PM
Pink Raccoon came to AMEN. Now there are two awesome animals. And Mr.BunBuns is a rabbit, so he has no fighting prowess! [/notquitethoughtthrough]:smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2010-12-07, 11:04 PM
Well, again, I could just send in law enforcement. However, it'd kinda defeat the OOC point of why the Red Zone is the Red Zone, so...dunno. *shrug*

Reinholdt
2010-12-07, 11:04 PM
Spiders are better than raccoons or bunnies any day!

The Alexandrian
2010-12-07, 11:12 PM
I've been itching to start a pharmaceuticals company with the executives being my current characters called Mercer Pharmaceuticals. They will be actively hunting disease ridden people in the Red Zone for quarantine. Vampirism is technically a disease, a disease which must be eradicated. In addition to pharmaceuticals, I plan on having this company, if it ever comes to be, to run minor genetic experiments (very minor, mainly just identifying certain alleles and what traits they cause the person who has them to inherit for purposes of classifying and better studying the diverse population of the Nexus) and produce some chemical and biological weaponry on the side (which they will pay taxes on and refuse to sell to anyone who has a criminal record or doesn't pass their psychological screenings). Simple enough. They would have a small taskforce for combatting violent infected. This presence might make vampires much more hesitant when it comes to feeding in Inside.

Of course, this might be a really crazy idea which shouldn't be approved. I designed it mainly to coordinate parties and formal gatherings among the upper classes of the Nexus as well as take better care of the people in the Red Zone through their charity, free medical care (well, they would be paying the new hospital to do the work, really), and increased security and well-being of the mind.

Gullara
2010-12-07, 11:13 PM
My vampires laugh in the face of pharmacists. Ha ha ha.

happyturtle
2010-12-07, 11:14 PM
So horngeek, you want the vampires to stop terrorizing the slums?

I... don't think that's going to happen. Like, ever. :smallconfused:

Gullara
2010-12-07, 11:16 PM

Nope, not a chance:smallamused:

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 11:16 PM
This must be confirmed, Rae - is a Denimancer's natural enemy, in fact, the Corduroylock?

Denimancers have no natural enemy, as denimancers aren't a species. And they are allied with the Cordoroulocks, obviously. They are all parts of the pants party.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-07, 11:22 PM
Nope, not a chance:smallamused:

Not even if a Wereshark appeared who can bite through steel? STREET SHARKS.

Gullara
2010-12-07, 11:43 PM
A few minutes later, someone creeps out of a window in the alley.

They'd taken the vampire, and the robot. The gunslinger had left, and so had the glowy guys.

But nobody had taken the corpse from which Serena had been feeding. "Becca..." :smallfrown:

The young man puts his hands on the body and says a prayer in the name of Saint Coralie, that his friend will rest in death, and not rise again.

The corpse gains a small residue of holy energy, powered by the young man's faith, though he doesn't know it. He slings the body over his shoulder to carry her home to her family.

He didn't know who the glowing men were, but clearly they were in league with the vampires. He says a prayer to his saint that they be punished for their wickedness.

You aren't supposed to make the NPCs have feelings:smallfrown:

celtois
2010-12-07, 11:44 PM
Expect lot of bad electricity puns in the coming days my dear victims friends.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-07, 11:45 PM
Expect lot of bad electricity puns in the coming days my dear victims friends.
*gasp!* Shocking!

celtois
2010-12-07, 11:45 PM
Yeah, since my new character has an electrifying personality. :smallamused:

Darkcomet
2010-12-07, 11:46 PM
LANTERN just keeps getting bad PR hits even without Magtok's meddling...

ApeofLight
2010-12-07, 11:46 PM
You aren't supposed to make the NPCs have feelings:smallfrown:

But that's when things get very compelling. Then the NPCs aren't just there for wanton slaughter and the good guys actually want to help them.

happyturtle
2010-12-07, 11:47 PM
Lantern should just embrace the dark side and be done with it.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-07, 11:47 PM
LANTERN just keeps getting bad PR hits even without Magtok's meddling...
And this time Maxios didn't even do anything. *gasp!*

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-07, 11:49 PM
Oh, that's it! One more pun and I'm starting a reVolt.

*Facepalm*

Gullara
2010-12-07, 11:53 PM
But that's when things get very compelling. Then the NPCs aren't just there for wanton slaughter and the good guys actually want to help them.

But it makes me feel bad about the wanton slaughter:smallfrown:

ApeofLight
2010-12-07, 11:54 PM
Exactly, you should feel bad!

Not your character if there evil though.

It gives the world more reality to it and all that.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-07, 11:55 PM
So, Celtois, is Trix getting a new job at any point? She was given another job offer earlier, but decided the guy was too unprofessional and made off with some of his advance payment.

Gullara
2010-12-07, 11:57 PM

:smallfrown:

I don't know, my vampire characters are kind of evil. Well except Ghar, he's bad to the bone. There's no kind of there.

And Gabriel, he's b-b-b-b-bad to the bone[/badjoke]

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 11:57 PM

Rae is going to make her feel bad. Also himself. Global Surveillance systems are useful sometimes.

happyturtle
2010-12-07, 11:59 PM
"They're lives are so short anyway. What's a few decades lopped off the end?" /vampire logic

Of course the more progressive vampires would be in favor of laws against mortal cruelty. You can still butcher them, you just have to do it humanely, with as little terror and pain to the mortal as possible. *nodnod*

And then the really progressive ones make sure to only feed on free-range mortals, who were raised on organic foods.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-08, 12:00 AM
Hmmm.... I think I'll have Ar start a "superheroes" guild, specificly to fight LANTERN, and other good guys, as well as covering up actuall crimes.

Reinholdt
2010-12-08, 12:00 AM
:smallfrown:

I don't know, my vampire characters are kind of evil. Well except Ghar, he's bad to the bone. There's no kind of there.

And Gabriel, he's b-b-b-b-bad to the bone[/badjoke]

Pfft. Guy didn't even punch Reinholdt in the face. He's a disappointment to bad.

celtois
2010-12-08, 12:01 AM
Darklord. I'll see what I can do about getting Trix a job. However I'm afraid the show I'm in just went up today. So I'm rather swamped with stuff.

However if I can think of a good next job I will give it to her right away. Though expect me to be fairly hard to contact for a few days. Lets just say the Nightingale is managing other afairs. :smallbiggrin:

At superheroes guild idea. RWAR! Lightning Lass will take it down before it has a chance to taint the good reputation of vigilantes everywhere.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-08, 12:06 AM
Except in order to do that, she'll have to fight the Weatherman, who will join under the impression that it's an actual superheroes guild. And trust me, the Weatherman? He kicks a**, and hard.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-08, 12:14 AM
RPG... you have no idea how hard I need to fight the temptation to have Trix (Who is in the alley right now) notice the gun and deposit it into her hat.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-08, 12:18 AM
Aslong as Trix doesn't steal the Weatherman's hat.:smalltongue:

Wait, no, that would be totally awesome. The Weatherman is heading for Trog's.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 12:21 AM
"They're lives are so short anyway. What's a few decades lopped off the end?" /vampire logic

Of course the more progressive vampires would be in favor of laws against mortal cruelty. You can still butcher them, you just have to do it humanely, with as little terror and pain to the mortal as possible. *nodnod*

And then the really progressive ones make sure to only feed on free-range mortals, who were raised on organic foods.

*nodnod* Generally how mine work... except when they're very hungry.

Pfft. Guy didn't even punch Reinholdt in the face. He's a disappointment to bad.

Rein doesn't get song reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkS9bpm4tOE

RPG... you have no idea how hard I need to fight the temptation to have Trix (Who is in the alley right now) notice the gun and deposit it into her hat.

Go ahead, but Serena won't be too happy:smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-12-08, 12:22 AM
Rein doesn't get song reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkS9bpm4tOE

I understood the reference. I'm saying he hasn't earned the right to use it or have it applied to him. :smalltongue:

Gullara
2010-12-08, 12:25 AM
I understood the reference. I'm saying he hasn't earned the right to use it or have it applied to him. :smalltongue:

Ok fine, time for a list of what he need to accomplish.

-Make a rich woman beg

-Make a good woman steal

-Make an old woman lust

-Make a young girl squeal

Shouldn't be too hard

Oh right. Tia:smalltongue:

horngeek
2010-12-08, 12:27 AM
My... problem with not being able to stop the attacks is...

well, if good characters can't do anything, why should they even bother? :smallsigh:

celtois
2010-12-08, 12:27 AM
Except in order to do that, she'll have to fight the Weatherman, who will join under the impression that it's an actual superheroes guild. And trust me, the Weatherman? He kicks a**, and hard.

Rawr. She'd polarize his ionosphere, and disentriggulate his velocioscope. Shifting global weather patterns to blow him away.

happyturtle
2010-12-08, 12:29 AM

well, if good characters can't do anything, why should they even bother? :smallsigh:

You can't save everyone, but you can save someone. If Caera hadn't shown up, someone in the slums would have been a meal.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-08, 12:30 AM
And he'd promptly create a mini-atmosphere around him, and a massive tornado around her.

lord pringle
2010-12-08, 12:30 AM
Maybe I should make a vampire... are there to many?

Darklord Bright
2010-12-08, 12:31 AM
I'm going to introduce my wereshark to Trog's in just a sec, then I'll start working on his bio in the background.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4685/wereshark.png

He's a pretty chill dude, bro.

Reinholdt
2010-12-08, 12:31 AM

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good characters to do nothing.
Well that and for evil to stop beating each other up.

Anyways, the point is, there's a whole lot more vampires than just Rot. Rot's just the original slum stalker and funniest.

Stopping them all would be incredibly difficult, but not trying to stop them would result in some very empty slums in the future.

celtois
2010-12-08, 12:32 AM
And he'd promptly create a mini-atmosphere around him, and a massive tornado around her.

Is guessing you don't know what I'm talking about. Since there are logical fallacies with that. :smallamused:

Learn your science silly.

(Last post was jokish. The first and last part was serious as it is possible the middle part was made up gibidy ****.)

horngeek
2010-12-08, 12:34 AM
I don't want it to be easy. I want it to be possible. Possible OOC as well as IC.

I'm getting the impression that the latter isn't true at the moment, and I... dislike getting involved in stuff like that.

happyturtle
@ Pringle: Back when Stephen King wrote Salem's Lot, he said the idea of the story came from him realizing how quickly vampires would multiply if every one of their victims also came back as a vampire.

So it makes perfect since that a vampire problem that starts small soon rages out of control. If you want a blood drinker, just have a corpse in the slums suddenly awaken to their new unlife.

Just not the corpse that Serena just killed. That one has been blessed. :smallsmile:

@ HG: I imagine it could be possible, if Caera came up with some kind of really powerful trap. It just isn't going to be easy, and definitely not possible to defeat him when you just happen to stumble across him without preparation.

ThirdEmperor
I kinda figured. Plus, the Weatheran might actually try that in the future. Logic has learned to just run away from him.

lord pringle
2010-12-08, 12:38 AM
@ Pringle: Back when Stephen King wrote Salem's Lot, he said the idea of the story came from him realizing how quickly vampires would multiply if every one of their victims also came back as a vampire.

So it makes perfect since that a vampire problem that starts small soon rages out of control. If you want a blood drinker, just have a corpse in the slums suddenly awaken to their new unlife.

Just not the corpse that Serena just killed. That one has been blessed. :smallsmile:

I think he'll be a vampire from Pringle's world...

celtois
2010-12-08, 12:42 AM
Rae, I know that it's probably intentional. But it's really hard to interact with a cat in a meaningful way. It just results in a lot mindless repetitive posts. :smallfrown:

So I'm sorry if I seem like I'm waiting a long time between posts but I want to let the people who are actually interactive post as well so my posts are more then just mindless actions.

This private service announcements has been brought to you by Celtois Co.
The future is pink

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 12:54 AM
Rae, I know that it's probably intentional. But it's really hard to interact with a cat in a meaningful way. It just results in a lot mindless repetitive posts. :smallfrown:

So I'm sorry if I seem like I'm waiting a long time between posts but I want to let the people who are actually interactive post as well so my posts are more then just mindless actions.

This private service announcements has been brought to you by Celtois Co.
The future is pink

It's alright, I don't mind waiting.:smallsmile:

It's actually more fun for myself when Trilby is interacting with multiple people, so that I can see how he reacts when the attention isn't on him and how he tries to turn a group into one big cuddlefest.

happyturtle
2010-12-08, 12:56 AM
She catches the syringe and looks long and hard at it.

I've been a vampire 35, 36 years now. Killed... countless people.

So this was Nite was talking about. This guy can really get to you.

But Nite never seemed to have this much trouble, why am I different?

Because Nite never had a problem with 'necessary' killing, and me?

He clutches the syringe tightly, conflict clear in her face.

Wait, how does she have a 15 year old daughter if she's been undead that long?

Gullara
2010-12-08, 12:57 AM

Crap I forgot about that detail *facepalm*

I'll fix that. Same result either way.

lord pringle
2010-12-08, 12:58 AM

Can vampires sire people?

happyturtle
2010-12-08, 12:59 AM
Not without a lot of handwavium. You're trying to grow a living human inside a corpse.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 01:01 AM
Everybody calm, my blunder has been corrected. Go back to your fun:smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

EDIT: Also Happy, sorry about not posting at Trog's but I'm sure you know it can be difficult to make ones characters be doing something constantly ^^

EDITEDIT: V: There is no mind control citizen, go back to your fun.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-08, 01:08 AM
There is very clearly mind control, though.

I dunno if we can go back to our fun, now. :smallfrown:

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-08, 01:16 AM
I had an idea for a plawt. In a far away country that generates all it's income via mining and exporting handwavium from it's rich natural deposits, a handwavium based power plant has just exploded. Like Chernobyl, except instead of nuclear fallout, the handwavium cloud is killing off the last shreds of Logic in the Nexus and ripping holes in plots and continuity, and of course, as with any good fallout, there are zombies. But not normal zombies, zombies feuled with pure handwavium!

celtois
2010-12-08, 01:18 AM
So long as it wasn't forced upon the nexusodians. I hate plot holes and so forth. So I'd like to avoid being involved at all with it.

So you know not one of those plots where it suffuses the whole nexus. Cause that would be terrible, for those of us like me would like a bit of serious in our day.

UncleWolf
2010-12-08, 02:09 AM
If possible, I'd like one more PC(preferably of the lady kind. :smalltongue:) to visit the Thanksmas thread before I head to bed.

Shyftir
2010-12-08, 02:13 AM
Durr... sorry my post for Cool Kid and Shyft to meet up got stuck in the wrong place. I'm gonna try it again. Inside. (BTW, it might be good to post a note about what Inside and Outside really mean somewhere conspicuous.)

Okay when Fan sees this the post is here: Shreddin' Post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9920306#post9920306)

Darklord Bright
2010-12-08, 02:18 AM
Durr... sorry my post for Cool Kid and Shyft to meet up got stuck in the wrong place. I'm gonna try it again. Inside. (BTW, it might be good to post a note about what Inside and Outside really mean somewhere conspicuous.)

Okay when Fan sees this the post is here: Shreddin' Post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9920306#post9920306)

Doesn't the main post of each thread explain it perfectly well?

celtois
2010-12-08, 02:24 AM
Hey wolfy I'll send a character you way if me laptop stops being evil incarnate

UncleWolf
2010-12-08, 02:25 AM
Sure, I'd appreciate it. :smallsmile:

celtois
2010-12-08, 02:31 AM
No problem, it'll be fun =). Just had to defeat the evil blue screens of death, and not booting errors. But they have been bested now and nothing will keep me from the holiday spirit.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 02:44 AM
GaH! a page an hour! You guys are fast!

Artemis97
2010-12-08, 02:48 AM
I was suprised by how fast Inside had moved while I was gonr today. Like.. at least 15 pages. And then I posted...

And it DIED!

v.v

Shyftir
2010-12-08, 02:48 AM
Doesn't the main post of each thread explain it perfectly well?

Well the problem is if you're ignorant. (like me) You might assume that Outside obviously means out-door locations, And that Inside obviously means in-door locations. Then when you act upon said assumption, the inevitable result of assuming comes into play...

V'icternus
2010-12-08, 03:04 AM
Well, always read the first post. That'll solve that problem! :smalltongue:

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 03:06 AM
*pokes RPG and TE inside*
BEWARE, FOR I HAVE THE STICK OF POKING!
AND A STUCK CAPS-LOCK BUTTON!

Gullara
2010-12-08, 03:09 AM

*slaps again*

TE isn't even on:smalltongue:

celtois
2010-12-08, 03:10 AM
Sorry to be the one to tell you this Techno but TE is dead(timed)

Quincunx
2010-12-08, 05:58 AM
Oooo izzat a sporali pokin' stick? I got mine!
(Minta brandishes a sharp stick and a notebook full of scientific observations of their reactions.)

No playing others until White Walls is resolved. The pressures of normality/reality do horrible things to plot clones, alternate personae, and people who just plain don't like each other.

I had an idea for a plawt. In a far away country that generates all it's income via mining and exporting handwavium from it's rich natural deposits, a handwavium based power plant has just exploded. Like Chernobyl, except instead of nuclear fallout, the handwavium cloud is killing off the last shreds of Logic in the Nexus and ripping holes in plots and continuity, and of course, as with any good fallout, there are zombies. But not normal zombies, zombies fueled with pure handwavium!

Your ideas still amuse me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. Let the red rain fall.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-08, 06:10 AM
GaH! a page an hour! You guys are fast!
Better than when it was 1.4 pages an hour.

I only had to use an hour reading it all today :smalltongue:

Will post a new character later today if I get the time, but for now I need to get back to this "School" thingy.

Morty
2010-12-08, 08:24 AM
And things keep going fast. 'Tis a shame poor NO can't get involved in anything anyway.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-08, 08:24 AM
Keith attempts to grab Rae's shoulder, or if that fails, follow him through the teleporter.
"Tell me, vy aren't hyu the big bozz guy? Hyur much better at de sounding heroics and de senzibilitiez!"
Keith has never said a truer statement.:smalltongue:

V'icternus
2010-12-08, 08:49 AM
Erm, I just looked at the title of the HALO thread...

CIXXVI is just... Not right. :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2010-12-08, 09:56 AM
Erm, I just looked at the title of the HALO thread...

CIXXVI is just... Not right. :smalltongue:

Which number is it supposed to be? 126? In that case it only needs to get rid of the I between the C and the X.

If it's not then it's really messed up.

Reinholdt
2010-12-08, 09:57 AM
I was suprised by how fast Inside had moved while I was gonr today. Like.. at least 15 pages. And then I posted...

And it DIED!

v.v

Awww... poor Art. :smallfrown:

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-08, 10:02 AM
Roman numerals are yucky anyway. :smallyuk:
I don't know why we have that tradition.

Morty
2010-12-08, 10:02 AM
Because they look smart and pretentious?
I know it's the reason I use them. >.>

Reinholdt
2010-12-08, 10:03 AM
I know I use them cause I'm from Rome.
May or may not be a total and complete fabrication.

lord pringle
2010-12-08, 10:07 AM
I like them 'cause I'm obsessed with ancient Rome. I speak Latin.

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-08, 10:33 AM
I suppose I'll have to use Chinese numbers from now on, just because. :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2010-12-08, 10:56 AM
Roman numerals are yucky anyway. :smallyuk:
I don't know why we have that tradition.

Because it's a tradition that lets us use an ancient language to make numbers look cool?

And because it looks better than every thread having a number behind it, I guess.

I suppose I'll have to use Chinese numbers from now on, just because. :smalltongue:

But not many of us know chinese numerals...

There is obviously only one way to fix that.

We'll have to learn them :smalltongue:

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-08, 11:03 AM

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Stop poking me already!

The Alexandrian
2010-12-08, 11:17 AM
My worst nightmare has been realized! Sitting in the corner of a dark room with people poking me with sticks repeatedly and laughing. And then I realize, I'm in the equivalent of hell.

Anyway, starting a society of awesome broskis would be tight. Hamnet is so in.

Morty
2010-12-08, 12:08 PM
On an unrelated note: were those mercenaries fighting for LANTERN(that LANTERN wholesale slaughered, but that's beside the point) really posing as NO or was I confused?

EleventhHour
2010-12-08, 12:46 PM
But not many of us know chinese numerals...

There is obviously only one way to fix that.

We'll have to learn them :smalltongue:

Pass.

...No really. Roman and Arabic only, please.

Shyftir
2010-12-08, 01:44 PM
What about binary?

Maybe not.

happyturtle
2010-12-08, 01:45 PM
I'm half tempted to let Tia get a violet ring, since she's headed to Lantern. But then, she already has a lot of love based powers, so it would probably be redundant and overly complicate the character.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 01:47 PM
I'm half tempted to let Tia get a violet ring, since she's headed to Lantern. But then, she already has a lot of love based powers, so it would probably be redundant and overly complicate the character.

Too bad they're not actually going to LANTERN.

EDIT: and of course Rae deadtimed suddenly.

Lord Magtok
2010-12-08, 01:55 PM

Well of course it isn't, not the way you guys are going about it, thinking about the problem in boring normal person terms. *rolls eyes*

I myself, though, I can already think of at least twelve buhzillion ways to kick them out.

MagMart is having a huge sale right now on garlic, for one. I've got a MagBiplane that I could rent out to one of you incompetent LANTERN goons and you could spill garlic powder all over the place.

Alternatively, start handing out holy symbols. Start a church in the area, or buy all the streets of the slums and declare them private property, maybe cast some sort of fancy spell to make it always daytime, whatever. Just don't go whining or quitting before you even try, jeez.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 01:58 PM
Well of course it isn't, not the way you guys are going about it, thinking about the problem in boring normal person terms. *rolls eyes*

I myself, though, I can already think of at least twelve buhzillion ways to kick them out.

MagMart is having a huge sale right now on garlic, for one. I've got a MagBiplane that I could rent out to one of you incompetent LANTERN goons and you could spill garlic powder all over the place.

Alternatively, start handing out holy symbols. Start a church in the area, or buy all the streets of the slums and declare them private property, maybe cast some sort of fancy spell to make it always daytime, whatever. Just don't go whining or quitting before you even try, jeez.

Shh, don't tell them about all that

MPG
2010-12-08, 02:13 PM
I am considering plotcloning a more developed Trygaunt into the slums, he seems bored waiting to evolve in a steel pot at GLoG.

This may cause even more problems for those poor NPCs ((I've suprised they haven't just packed up and moved yet)), but also give the Vamps some competition. Is this an ok course of action right now?

Gullara
2010-12-08, 02:15 PM
I am considering plotcloning a more developed Trygaunt into the slums, he seems bored waiting to evolve in a steel pot at GLoG.

This may cause even more problems for those poor NPCs ((I've suprised they haven't just packed up and moved yet)), but also give the Vamps some competition. Is this an ok course of action right now?

Why is the first thing I think of when you say Trygaunt, tyranids? And why does this possibility delight me?

Who's Trygaunt anyway?

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 02:19 PM

You forgot werewolves, dudes in trench coats with cool looking guns, UV lighting, hungrier vampires, and BooBerry cereal!

MPG
2010-12-08, 02:26 PM
Why is the first thing I think of when you say Trygaunt, tyranids? And why does this possibility delight me?

Who's Trygaunt anyway?

That's prety much it. Its a character I invented long ago for a never-to-be-finished-or-attempted-again DBZ fanfic.

He/it is basically an intire Tyranid swarm rolled into one being, and he can take human form. Check the character sheet in my signature for more details and pictures.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 02:31 PM
That's prety much it. Its a character I invented long ago for a never-to-be-finished-or-attempted-again DBZ fanfic.

He/it is basically an intire Tyranid swarm rolled into one being, and he can take human form. Check the character sheet in my signature for more details and pictures.

Badass:smallbiggrin:

VampireRot
2010-12-08, 02:52 PM
You forgot werewolves, dudes in trench coats with cool looking guns, UV lighting, hungrier vampires, and BooBerry cereal!

I don't think any of those things will actually work on vampires. :smallannoyed:

Except maybe the cereal. >.>

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 02:55 PM
I don't think any of those things will actually work on vampires. :smallannoyed:

Except maybe the cereal. >.>

Werewolves: Cooler than vampires and can hunt them in the sun
Dudes in trench coats with crossbows: invariably vampire or zombie hunters
UV lighting: It's the UV in sunlight that burns vampires
Hungrier vampires: eat the other vampires, then become bonded to them by drinking their blood. You now have vampires that can't do anything without being ordered to and don't have a boss.
BooBerry: So much better than COunt Chocula!

horngeek
2010-12-08, 02:57 PM
No, the solution is simple.

Hand out copies of Twilight to the slumdwellers. And the vampires. Either they'll commit suicide in despair, or their attention will be diverted to the author.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 02:58 PM
Hungrier vampires: eat the other vampires, then become bonded to them by drinking their blood. You now have vampires that can't do anything without being ordered to and don't have a boss.

Ok, stop right there. In what twisted reality are werewolves cooler than vampires?

Maxios
2010-12-08, 03:00 PM
I'm not trying to restart this argument or anything, but I was looking throught the old threads etc., and I've seen some suggestions or questions as to why the Nexus (Or Town/ACRO depending on the age of the thread) the Nexus hasn't gotten it's own forums.
I was just wondering why, I'm perfectly happy with the Nexus being on this site

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 03:00 PM
Werewolves don't sparkle.
Werewolves are ALIVE.
Werewolves aren't overdone.
Werewolves can make hairy palms jokes.
Werewolves can go to church and all that.
Werewolves have blood flow.
Werewolves don't make goths look bad.

Of course, RPG, your vampires are much cooler than all but the coolest of werewolf/vampire/dragon/randomotherthing hybrids.

Morty
2010-12-08, 03:01 PM
I have to say, I'm somewhat confused by this whole "vampires in Inside" business. Maybe it's because I didn't have a chance to get involved, but still.

Also:

On an unrelated note: were those mercenaries fighting for LANTERN(that LANTERN wholesale slaughered, but that's beside the point) really posing as NO or was I confused?

Could I have an answer to this question, please?

VampireRot
2010-12-08, 03:02 PM

Well, it really depends on what kind of vampire we're talking about here. :smallconfused:

Werewolves: Matter of opinion, and are human when the moon isn't full. So... yeah. :smallconfused:
Vampire hunters: They're not as effective as one might imagine.
UV rays: Do not cause Rot's combustion in sunlight. Can't speak for else's vampires though.
Hungrier vampires: Vampires generally don't eat other vampires... The bonded/servant vampires are usually created when a vampire turns a human. Again, that's how I do it, though.
BooBerry: ... Having never tried either cereal, I have no comment.

The Twilight thing would definitely work. Though I'd rather not have to start book burnings in the Nexus. >.>

Lord Magtok
2010-12-08, 03:03 PM
I'm not trying to restart this argument or anything, but I was looking throught the old threads etc., and I've seen some suggestions or questions as to why the Nexus (Or Town/ACRO depending on the age of the thread) the Nexus hasn't gotten it's own forums.
I was just wondering why, I'm perfectly happy with the Nexus being on this site

Nobody would ever find us, take a look around, decide that RPing in the Nexus might be fun, and join the party if we were to all be locked away on some lonely internet island in the middle of nowhere.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 03:06 PM
Werewolves are ALIVE.

Lies! Lies and deceit!

Of course, RPG, your vampires are much cooler than all but the coolest of werewolf/vampire/dragon/randomotherthing hybrids.

Well ok. :smallbiggrin:

Maxios
2010-12-08, 03:07 PM
Nobody would ever find us, take a look around, decide that RPing in the Nexus might be fun, and join the party if we were to all be locked away on some lonely internet island in the middle of nowhere.

Good point.

On the merc army thing, I was trying to say the robots were attacking the minions that came with AMEN, but NO misread :smallsigh:

horngeek
2010-12-08, 03:09 PM
The Twilight thing would definitely work. Though I'd rather not have to start book burnings in the Nexus. >.>

Bwahahahahaha. *starts printing*

...actually, that gives me an idea for a group that looks for 'unusual solutions to problems'. :smallamused:

Morty
Good point.

Yeah, especially since noone has brought that issue up in pretty much forever. :smalltongue:

On the merc army thing, I was trying to say the robots were attacking the minions that came with AMEN, but NO misread :smallsigh:

A minor nitpick: NO wasn't involved in it in any way, shape or form. Celtois' character was an impostor.

MPG
There are ,or at least were, other sites which were "The Nexus" style RP, one specifically comes to mind (can't remember the URL), They were big and scary with even less plot than this one. :smalleek:

Being connected with The Playground is like an extra added bonus.

VampireRot
2010-12-08, 03:12 PM
Bwahahahahaha. *starts printing*

...actually, that gives me an idea for a group that looks for 'unusual solutions to problems'. :smallamused:

*starts handing out torches*

Dum de dum doo doo.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-08, 03:14 PM
Werewolves are ALIVE.

There exits 87.876 different types of vampires in Nexus and none of them appear to sparkle. Some sing, though.
I find the living a bore.
Vampires are overdone for a reason, though werrewolves should as well.
Vampires can make horrible puns about red wine, loud coffins and tanning
Good point, harrasing churchgoers is always fun.
Japanese vampires do too! Not that they have any connection to the Nexus but they do!
You kidding? I'd love being mistaken for a vampire, a shame I'm the opposite of a goth... 'cept in music taste.

Lord Magtok
2010-12-08, 03:15 PM
Good point.

AMEN didn't have any minions or army. LANTERN did. LANTERN had your robot army, and they had the celtois army of minions that her character claimed was sent over by NO to help LANTERN fight off AMEN.

Reinholdt
2010-12-08, 03:16 PM
A minor nitpick: NO wasn't involved in it in any way, shape or form. Celtois' character was an impostor.

Actually, I think Celtois' character is an old member of NO and those mercs worked for her. That's why it happened that way. Celtois mentioned a bit ago being upset her character wasn't on the NO list and asking if the character was still a member. I think you said yes. :smalltongue:

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 03:16 PM
I am LOVING the responses I got with the vampire werewolf debate, buuut...
THIS (http://fafnirthedragon.com/?p=1187)

Morty
2010-12-08, 03:23 PM
Actually, I think Celtois' character is an old member of NO and those mercs worked for her. That's why it happened that way. Celtois mentioned a bit ago being upset her character wasn't on the NO list and asking if the character was still a member. I think you said yes. :smalltongue:

I thought it was Celtois' NO character at first, but later on I got a different impression. Ayrissa is a medic after all, not a "spymaster" and the comments made by whoever send those soldiers to help LANTERN seemed to indicate that he's just pretending to be from NO. Guess I'll wait for Celtois to clear it all up.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-08, 03:30 PM
I'll wager that the NO poser was the character that employed Trix to spy on LANTERN.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-08, 03:47 PM
I will too. Cause I know the truth.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 05:13 PM
Where'd TE and RPG go?
Rae and Lix are gonna pass us up!

Gullara
2010-12-08, 05:14 PM
Where'd TE and RPG go?
Rae and Lix are gonna pass us up!

I'm here, but TE desided to randomly deadtime again:smallsigh:

Morty
2010-12-08, 05:23 PM
Well, there goes Michalson's "cunning" plan to kill Gabriel. Maybe another time.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 05:25 PM
Well, there goes Michalson's "cunning" plan to kill Gabriel. Maybe another time.

Gabriel's still there. Another character of mine left.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 05:26 PM
But...can't we wait for TE to get back so we can do something cool and storylineis and dramatic?
IT'S TOO EASY! LIKE SUPERMAN FIGHTING A TEDDYBEAR!

Maxios
*pokes anyone with a member in LANTERN to the LANTERN thread*

Morty
Gabriel's still there. Another character of mine left.

Ah. I thought he'd been teleported away as well.

Gullara
But...can't we wait for TE to get back so we can do something cool and storylineis and dramatic?
IT'S TOO EASY! LIKE SUPERMAN FIGHTING A TEDDYBEAR!

You still can, just away from Gabriel.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 05:28 PM
Aw man.
And one of the options running through my head ended with Gabriel shanking me...
Wow, being a bard makes you a masochist, doesn't it? Or does that count, seeing as how Garrett doesn't feel pain?

Gullara
2010-12-08, 05:29 PM
Aw man.
And one of the options running through my head ended with Gabriel shanking me...
Wow, being a bard makes you a masochist, doesn't it? Or does that count, seeing as how Garrett doesn't feel pain?

But... Gabriel doesn't have a weapon.

Morty
2010-12-08, 05:30 PM
I suppose Michalson's plan, such as it is, will have to wait until TE undeadtimes and says what happens to his character as well. He won't entact it with Sefirne around.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 05:34 PM
I suppose Michalson's plan, such as it is, will have to wait until TE undeadtimes and says what happens to his character as well. He won't entact it with Sefirne around.

Ya, I'm sure he'll go with it. If he doesn't I'm gunna be upset. He shouldn't be able to stop it. Ghar is ridiculously OP. The only reason I brought him in is because TE was being ridiculous with mass amounts of sunlight. :smallsigh:

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 05:46 PM
Did Adele, Garrett, and Ghar port to Inside or Outside or whatever?

Gullara
2010-12-08, 05:52 PM
Did Adele, Garrett, and Ghar port to Inside or Outside or whatever?

It will be inside, but I have to wait for TE to respond.

happyturtle
2010-12-08, 06:02 PM
But... Gabriel doesn't have a weapon.

Gabriel has a succubus who will fight to the death in his defense. :smallsmile:

Gullara
2010-12-08, 06:02 PM
Gabriel has a succubus who will fight to the death in his defense. :smallsmile:

Scary:smallamused:

MPG
2010-12-08, 06:13 PM
As there were no objections, I can assume that I may begin to bring my own plague down upon Inside. There won’t be as many bodies but they'll have a lot more than just neck puncture wounds.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 06:15 PM
As there were no objections, I can assume that I may begin to bring my own plague down upon Inside. There won’t be as many bodies but they'll have a lot more than just neck puncture wounds.

I don't mind. In fact I hope one of my characters meets yours.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 06:15 PM
Is it a plague of hypochondria? Because they found a cure for that.
Cancer.

EDIT: Also, one of my characters is a disease immune rat man that works in a hospital and used to be part of a disease cult. Maybe he can be part of combating the plague?

Lix Lorn
2010-12-08, 06:19 PM
Deadtime, everyone.

MPG
2010-12-08, 06:36 PM
Also, one of my characters is a disease immune rat man that works in a hospital and used to be part of a disease cult. Maybe he can be part of combating the plague?

*sigh* not that kind of plague sorry. More of the type where people have had there brains focibly removed or drained of all internal fluid by an alien creature.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 06:40 PM
He's also a combat surgeon...

happyturtle
2010-12-08, 06:43 PM
[Cabin 8]

"My figure seems...ah...a bit fuller than the last time I wore this one," Shrike says.
Indeed, being Abyssal-lised seems to have made her slightly more...voluptuous than she previously was.
"I think I'm going to need to get new swimsuits. And maybe better battle armour."

Okay, my first thought was that Shrike was pregnant with Anshu's child, but BR denies it with an "Eeew., No."

The Bushranger
2010-12-08, 06:45 PM
:elan: Deny, deny, deny, deny...! :smalltongue:

Shrike isn't capable of becoming pregnant. And I have enough pregnant characters as it is.
And also, she'd strangle me if I tried it... :smalleek:

VampireRot
2010-12-08, 06:47 PM
[Streets]
Maxios says nothing, he's helping get a cat called Fluffy out of the tree.

I think it'd be preeetty hard to get Fluffy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9181799&postcount=166) out of a tree. :smalltongue:

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 06:48 PM
I is bored.
Keith is at LANTERN, awaiting orders from 'Rae-Bozz'.
Garrett is waiting on TE to get back so's RPG can find out if the 'port worked.
Alex is plotting...
Edgar is doing surgery and drinking lotsa booze.

Crap.
I need to make one last character.
But he or she needs to be awesomesauce...
What to do, what to do?

I could make a gnome, but gnomes never really work out that well in FFRP...

happyturtle
2010-12-08, 06:50 PM
I think it'd be pretty hard to get Fluffy into a tree.

Maybe a redwood. Maybe.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 06:52 PM
A dragon?
Naw...I should make a humanoid...
One that can join one of the groups...
HALO seems to be the most popular one around...

Darkcomet
2010-12-08, 06:54 PM
The thing about HALO is that it doesn't do much outside of HALO. Kinda sticks nigh-completely to itself, from what I know. I don't read it. >.>

Reinholdt
2010-12-08, 06:55 PM
Okay, my first thought was that Shrike was pregnant with Anshu's child, but BR denies it with an "Eeew., No."

That's because it's Ebon Mirror's child.

VampireRot
That's because it's Ebon Mirror's child.

:smalleek:

It's a conspiracy!

TechnoScrabble
Oh...
Thing is, I wanna make a character that works well in the long run (so he can do something awesome, like and wolfbane and the Empire) but has something to do right now...

Gullara
2010-12-08, 06:57 PM
I got to go pick up my aunt, so I'll be back in a bit.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 06:58 PM
I is bored.
Keith is at LANTERN, awaiting orders from 'Rae-Bozz'.

Rae is gone from LANTERN, but he pretty much has standing orders of "Keep Maxios out of trouble" That apply to every Lanterner but Maxios himself. Keith seems to be trying to do that, so he's fitting in pretty well.