PDA

View Full Version : Reprinting

Chaos rising
2010-12-07, 07:51 PM
I'm not sure exactly if this is the right place to start this, but I have been waiting for a reprint of "No cure for the paladin blues" for a while now. My Oots collection is missing the second book, and even the online order is out of stock. I'm hoping for a reprint. If you also want more copies of the second book released then add more posts to this thread. It's like a petition, only instead of signatures i'm collecting posts.

NerfTW
2010-12-07, 08:25 PM
He's already said that it's not a demand issue, it's an issue of the up front costs.

If you want the book reprinted, buy the other merchandise. A petition of "me toos" isn't going to change the reality of the situation any.

Zmflavius
2010-12-07, 10:40 PM
Maybe you could buy a secondhand copy online?

eggynack
2010-12-07, 10:45 PM
I had an identical issue a while back, except it was with the first book. The series as a whole tends to go in and out of print pretty sporadically. At least this time you can get the book for three times it's cost. For Dungeon Crawlin' Fools it was going almost 1000 dollars on amazon.

Chaos rising
2010-12-08, 12:09 PM
Oh, I did not know that. Never mind then.

NerfTW
2010-12-08, 02:26 PM
Ignore Amazon.com for stuff like that. It's just some loser with a bookstore in east bumble-ah can't finish that... who sticks obscene prices on a book because somebody, somewhere will pay for it.

I'd suggest checking REAL online stores or Ebay.

A Google shop search yields some far more reasonable results. (http://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=no+cure+for+the+paladin+blues&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=no+cure+for+the+paladin+blues&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=shop:1&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf&biw=1280&bih=611&fp=4824b41ba0d4cfd8)

Zmflavius
2010-12-08, 08:30 PM
Ignore Amazon.com for stuff like that. It's just some loser with a bookstore in east bumble-ah can't finish that... who sticks obscene prices on a book because somebody, somewhere will pay for it.

I'd suggest checking REAL online stores or Ebay.

A Google shop search yields some far more reasonable results. (http://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=no+cure+for+the+paladin+blues&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=no+cure+for+the+paladin+blues&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=shop:1&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf&biw=1280&bih=611&fp=4824b41ba0d4cfd8)

Wow...that's like 40 dollars off the amazon price.

NerfTW
2010-12-08, 08:42 PM
Like I said. If it's not in print, and Amazon doesn't have it in stock, those prices are set by independent sellers using the Amazon store front. They're usually reasonable, but quite a few people out there use the "I could sell 500 books for $5 each, but it's easier to sell 5 books for $500 each." Don't get me started about "independent" book stores shooting themselves in the foot by pretending they're selling gold bullions.

Amazon doesn't sell things for more than MSRP.