PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] LANTERN II: That's right, Magtok LIED!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Maxios
2010-12-07, 07:57 PM
Types of Rings
Green: People with Green Rings are champions of good, and crusaders of willpower.

Blue: People with Blue Rings are those with great hope, and get the power to heal.

Yellow: People with Yellow Rings value power, and fear.

Red: People with Red Rings are angry, and filled with rage and conquest.

Orange: People with Orange Rings are greedy, and operate for their own devices.

Black: People with Black Rings are embodiments of death. Only zombies can use a black ring.

White: People with White Rings are embodiments of life. There's only one white ring, and no one in the Nexus knows it's location.

Violet: People with Violet Rings wield the power of love.

Indigo: People with Indigo Rings wield the power of compassion.

HQ: The HQ of the orginization is located in a satellite hovering above the Nexus.

Defense System:
The defense system was orgiginally supposed to have evil detectors, laser turrents, plasma shields, etc. But then the construction workers had to cut corners, so the only defenses are a very weak shield surrounding base, and a couple turrents outside base.

OOC Rules
No destroying HQ. You can inflict damage on it, but if you want to do a lot of damage or destroy it, PM me.
Romance sub-plots are allowed, but they may only appear rarely.
No attacking other members. If you're battling each other in the arena or training room, it's fine.

FAQ
What is the rings of power:The Rings of Power is a group made up of people with power rings. It was formed by Maxios, after he discovered a green ring in a treasure horde. He then built the base with the money he got from the treasure horde, after all rewards were split between the questers, he built HQ.

Ooookay. What does the group DO?
It's dedicated to fighting crime and battling evil of any form. Even in the form of penguins.

So that means no one evil can join?No. If the group says that, they're subject to a lawsuit over not allowing evil to join. Evil PCs CAN join, but they can't actively commit evil acts.

Why isn't the title an acryonym like the other groups:
The PCs will decide on the name of the group, then the title of the thread will be changed. The name of the group has been decided (LANTERN) and the acronym itself, is nearly finished.

Posistions
Maxios: The Leader
Rae: In charge of training and recruitment:
Andy: Maxios' second in command, as well as adviser.
Mr. Cat: Tactical Leader

The Rooms of HQ

Level One
Living Room: The entrance to the base is here. The living room has a 70 inch Flatscreen, HD, 3D, television, and a couch. There's also some video game systems.
The Computer Room: This room has 20 of the Nexus' best computers to be used by members of LANTERN.
The Libary: This room has many, many books, and blank journals for the members to write in.
The Bathroom: Not noteworthy at all, but it DOES have talking toilets that respond to voice commands like "Flush" and "Unclog yourself this instant!" or even "Turn into a giant fighting robot!"
The Kitchen: The kitchen is state of the art! Everything about it from the ovens, microwaves, and even the blenders are of the best technology avaible!
The War Room: This Room has holograms of everything in the Nexus, controls of the spy satellites, and the HQ's survelliance cameras.
The Cloning Room: This has a cloning machine and the DNA of all the members, in case their soul goes into a golem and they need to clone their body so they can perform the Rite of the Soul.

Level 2
Bedrooms: This floor is just rooms for all the members. All bedrooms are customizable, and described by their owners.

Level -1
Prison: This floor is a prison for enemies of LANTERN.

This list is still under-work

Registration Sheet

Name
Powers
Ring-Color
Aligment
Misc (include your power level and class)

Theme Song (By MPG :smallbiggrin:)
And now for your reading pleasure the magic chalk brings you this funny tune.

The LANTERNites:(with apologies to the female members of LANTERN:smalltongue:)
(Based on the song Men in Tights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lUjhEHlh7s) from movie with same name.)

They’re Men, they’re men with lights
They roam around the Nexous looking for fights
They’re Men, they’re men with lights
Their Rings of power give hope in the darkest night
They may act like morons, but watch what you do or else they’ll put up a fight
They’re Men, they’re with lights
Always on guard they are the LANTERNites

When you’re in a fix just call for the men with lights,
We’re Butch!
Brought to you by PAIN (People Aligned with good Intentioned LANTERN

Maxios
2010-12-07, 07:59 PM
((Any suggestions for the thread title?

Here are my ideas:
That's right, Magtok LIED
The new Dawn
Now banned from Inside!))

Keith sobers up slightly.
"Vor ten years, me an' meh brudders fought an lived in slumz. Vought off elvenz menace. Battled an unzeen war. Den de elves blew everythingk up. Moral of story: I know vat to do!"

"Good." Maxios says. He practices a laser shot on a nearby target, getting a bull's eye

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 08:22 PM
"Nice shot," Keith grins and repeats the shot.
With a gun that fires bullets that can punch fist sized holes in TANKS.
Grinning at the smoking remains of the target, he turns to Maxios and asks, "When do we head out?"

Maxios
2010-12-07, 08:25 PM
"Once the others arrive and get suited up." Maxios says

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 08:29 PM
"You said vampires. ANy idea vat kind dey are? I might need somethingk stronger than my rifle."

Maxios
2010-12-07, 08:31 PM
"Check your belt." Maxios says. On the belt are: A wooden stake, grenades, and a vial of holy water

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 08:33 PM
"Niiice," Keith nods and twirls the stakes around in his hands.

Maxios
2010-12-07, 08:35 PM
"Niiice," Keith nods and twirls the stakes around in his hands.

"Thanks." Maxios says

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 08:44 PM
Hey, Maxios, I have a better idea than whatever that was you had. I've stumbled upon a fight in an alleyway, most likely one of the participants is a vampire. No, don't send anyone to help, I'll be back as soon as I can.

The light-Rae says, before disappearing.

Maxios
2010-12-07, 08:45 PM
Hey, Maxios, I have a better idea than whatever that was you had. I've stumbled upon a fight in an alleyway, most likely one of the participants is a vampire. No, don't send anyone to help, I'll be back as soon as I can.

The light-Rae says, before disappearing.

"Ooookay then." Maxios says.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 08:45 PM
Keith looks from side to side.
"But I vanna shoot evil thiiiinnnnggkkssss!!!" he pretends to throw a tantrum, throwing his gun on the ground and stomping about.

Maxios
2010-12-07, 08:52 PM
Keith looks from side to side.
"But I vanna shoot evil thiiiinnnnggkkssss!!!" he pretends to throw a tantrum, throwing his gun on the ground and stomping about.

A clone of Dracula attacks Keith.
"There you go." Maxios says

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 09:05 PM
Keith grins and twists around, avoiding the tackle. On the way past, he'll immediately try to sink his thumb-sized teeth into the D. Clone's arm.

Maxios
2010-12-07, 09:06 PM
It'll hit

((Feel free to godmod the clone))

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 09:07 PM
Keith hangs on the D. Clone, dancing around it as it wacks at his head.
"*mmnf!* DELICIOUZ!"

Maxios
2010-12-07, 09:08 PM
*dead-time*

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-07, 09:11 PM
Wake up! Shut up, sit! Take a reality pill! You think you got skill, but you ain't got ****. You think you can beat my rhythm? Only if your fail gives me an aneurysm. So go ahead, whine and wail, chase your tail. Your a just a mut, I just kicked yo but with ease, and that's where I got the godamm fleas.

You're just a fool, and LG tool, you serve and protect, but I get to rule. You're a slave to what is "right", to stuck up to put up a fight, you only think you saw the light.

I'm not dead, so stop while you're ahead, before on my nice new suit you've bled, learn to quit. Lawful Good? Try full o' ****.

Evil's where it's at, take it from a higher lifeform, known as a cat. Don't conform, take what you need, inner demons and greed, give in, let em feed.

I could quite easily kick yo a**, but for intellect alas, because I'm to sleepy to not let it pass.

Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll, you've missed em all, past you they've slipped, you're digging yourself a hole, and it's your crypt.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-07, 09:51 PM
Hamnet now snickers, attempting to repress this urge at the cat's last attempt at a rap. He then bursts out laughing as he walks toward the briefing room as the hologram instructed. Tears stream from his eyes as he laughs uncontrollably, periodically gasping for air.

"Lawful good, that's a hilarious jest. Me? Lawful? (snicker) (hahahahaha) Where are the judges anyway?"

And thus he attempts to locate the briefing room and gain access to it.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-07, 09:51 PM
Main Room
"Keith, let me spell this out for you. No blowing up stuff unless we tell you it's okay. No, not if Maxios says its okay, if someone sensible says its okay. So no children, no cats, and no Maxios. Now, I can tell you and Maxios aren't very well with stealth missions, so how bout this; Either go wandering the streets and various taverns for vampires, or go steal AMEN's sense of humor. I'll be in the Slums or in a tavern if you need me." Hayden says, briskly walking into a teleporter and getting the hell out of the vicinity of a pyro hobgoblin and......Maxios.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-07, 09:53 PM
Main Room
"Keith, let me spell this out for you. No blowing up stuff unless we tell you it's okay. No, not if Maxios says its okay, if someone sensible says its okay. So no children, no cats, and no Maxios. Now, I can tell you and Maxios aren't very well with stealth missions, so how bout this; Either go wandering the streets and various taverns for vampires, or go steal AMEN's sense of humor. I'll be in the Slums or in a tavern if you need me." Hayden says, briskly walking into a teleporter and getting the hell out of the vicinity of a pyro hobgoblin and......Maxios.

Keith looks around ashamedly.
"Me? Not sootle? He doesn't know my previouz occupation, doez 'e?"

MPG
2010-12-07, 10:15 PM
Kordson appears in the teleportation room with an unflattering *Thump*. Staggering to his feet, the small man looks like he might be sick. Placing a hand on his stomach as another wave of nausea runs through him, Kordson curses in several languages, some even he didn't realize he knew.
Attempting to regain even a ounce of his composure he mutters to himself, "Stupid LANTERN having to be in stupid space and requiring stupid teleportation to get to the stupid HQ. Stupid quasi-heros can't keep there stupid feet on the stupid ground. And stupid Maxios winning that match at the battle royal. Making stupid me have to come up here and get some stupid ring." ((feel free to replace stupid with an appropriate explitive in your own mind.))

Wow, ranting made him feel better and Kordson didn't rant much. He begins to wander towards the main room. (he may pass Hayden on the way)
The NPZ appears behind Kordson, about as stealthily as a Ninja-Pirate-Zombie can be, "GoOd EVninG sir, are yoU anotheR guEsT?".
"WHAT the-?" Kordson nearly jumps out of his skin, spinning to face the butler zombie dude. "Jees. Don't. Sneak up on people like that. Yes I believe a mister Max, invited me."
"Very weLl sIr. I do believe there are other gathered in the main chamber. If you could take on of these forms, someone else may be able to assist you further."

Taking the member registry form from the NPZB, Kordson continues to the main room. He fills out the form as best he can but is distracted by the hobgoblin ((Keith is a Hob am I right?)) biting the Dracula look-a-like. There's something you don't see everyday.
And then it dawns on him, by joining LANTERN this could be an every day occurrence*Shudder*.

With a heavy sigh Kordson says, to all in the main room that may wish to hear.
"Hey, what’s up."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-07, 10:19 PM
(Could someone judge the rap-off?)

Fan
2010-12-07, 11:28 PM
Wake up! Shut up, sit! Take a reality pill! You think you got skill, but you ain't got ****. You think you can beat my rhythm? Only if your fail gives me an aneurysm. So go ahead, whine and wail, chase your tail. Your a just a mut, I just kicked yo but with ease, and that's where I got the godamm fleas.

You're just a fool, and LG tool, you serve and protect, but I get to rule. You're a slave to what is "right", to stuck up to put up a fight, you only think you saw the light.

I'm not dead, so stop while you're ahead, before on my nice new suit you've bled, learn to quit. Lawful Good? Try full o' ****.

Evil's where it's at, take it from a higher lifeform, known as a cat. Don't conform, take what you need, inner demons and greed, give in, let em feed.

I could quite easily kick yo a**, but for intellect alas, because I'm to sleepy to not let it pass.

Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll, you've missed em all, past you they've slipped, you're digging yourself a hole, and it's your crypt.

Lawful Good? That wasn't a rhyme! This was nothing but a series of childish insults! No message was sent other than "ur dumb", disgrace NO VERSE, NO SCHEME JUST TOSSED TOGETHER RHYME AFTER RHYME THIS IS NOT HOW RAP WORKS! Uncool!

THIS.

WAS.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/scraps/BlAsPhEmY.gif

Gimliggamer
2010-12-07, 11:32 PM
Hayden pops into LANTERN from a teleporter in The Slums. He slowly crawls over to a chair and pulls himself up into it, where he rests to regain the use of the rest of his limbs.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 11:34 PM
I.. I can't help it. I must say, to Chezzy,

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/01596_2.gif

Anyway, Rae teleports in, carrying Serena, and takes her directly to the Med bays.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-07, 11:34 PM
(It totally had a theme! The theme was, "Don't waste your time being a good guy, evil is more fun. Also, I fail at rap.)

Gullara
2010-12-07, 11:36 PM
Serena's still out cold. She has some rather large messy looking wounds in her chest and stomach that are healing slowly. her hands are also barely damaged.

Fan
2010-12-07, 11:38 PM
(It totally had a theme! The theme was, "Don't waste your time being a good guy, evil is more fun. Also, I fail at rap.)

(No, no, no. How rap works is that you have a rhyming scheme like in poetry, having every other word rhyme is doing it wrong, and makes it sound more like a nursery rhyme than ANYTHING to do with Sick Fires. Try setting up your rhymes with a simple system of Rhyme A, Rhyme A, Break, Rhyme B, Rhyme B, Rhyme C, Break, Rhyme C. Makes it look much cleaner, and sets up an old school beat.)

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 11:42 PM
When Rae reaches the Med Bays, he will place Serena on one of the operating tables, which now has a white sheet covering it. As soon as she is placed on it, her body's natural healing processes should quicken significantly, aided by Rae treating areas which seem to be damaged the most with his ring.

Gullara
2010-12-07, 11:51 PM
After a while her wounds close. She hasn't been breathing for a while, but that's not strange.

Her eyes open slowly, "Where am I?"

Rae Artemi
2010-12-07, 11:55 PM
You're in LANTERN, and still alive, thanks to me.

Rae says, standing over her.

I'm Rae. Your husband may have mentioned me.

Gullara
2010-12-07, 11:58 PM
"LANTERN? Rae? Oh, you're the one who's not incompetent," she says weakly.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 12:01 AM
Incorrect. Maxios is basically the only one who is still incompetent. We were attacked, we lost teammates, we are not going to have that happen again. But that isn't important now. There is something I want you to see. Do you need help up?

Gimliggamer
2010-12-08, 12:01 AM
Hayden, finally regaining control of all of his limbs, gets up, and walks over to the medbay to make sure whoever Rae was helping made it.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-08, 12:02 AM
Hamnet wanders aimlessly around the base and asks the question that must be asked.

"Why are all of you so injured? It looks like someone came in with a stick and beat the majority of you guys."

Hamnet looks as though he was burned and beat with a baseball bat twice at this point, so it is pretty ironic that he would be the one asking this question.

MPG
2010-12-08, 12:09 AM
[Main room]
Kordson stands around and watches the busy injered people running around the base ,apparenty to busy for him, and lets out a long sigh.

He takes a seat somewhere in the main room and finishes the registration as best he can.

Name: Kordson
Background: N/A
Powers: I guess I'm strong for my size?
Ring-Color: N/A
Aligment: good
Misc: I'm going power level 9000 and you can't stop me
http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww209/Pookabrat/SuperSaiyanKitty.jpg

Gullara
2010-12-08, 12:10 AM
Serena sits up, "No I'll be fine," she gets to her feet slowly.

I suppose a description is in order since I haven't got around to making a character sheet.

She is essentially beautiful. She has a mass of long, wavy, raven black hair. Pale skin and red eyes. Pointed ears with ruby teardrop earrings. She's wearing a tight, but not revealing, suit of leather armour. She has a pisto- crap forgot the pistol in the alley:smallannoyed:. Oh and fangs if you're perceptive. They're quite small.

"What do you what to show me?"

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 12:15 AM
Follow me. You can come too, Hayden. I'm going to check on something that pertains to all of us.

Rae says, leaving the infirmary. He also answers Hamnet's question.

We were attacked by AMEN, and have been out looking for vampires.

If he is not interrupted again, he will walk to the War Room.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-08, 12:17 AM
Hayden follows Rae and Serena to the War Room.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 12:17 AM
Serena will follow him there. Only willingly because he saved her life unlife.

lord pringle
2010-12-08, 12:23 AM
Pringle appears to Hayden only. He grins.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 12:24 AM
Rae Will proceed to the controls for the satellite, and show them all the details of this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9919411&postcount=448) post.

When the scene ends, Rae will speak.

Just as I thought. Because I had my eyes on one goal I forgot another. Remember, Hayden, even when we are going after other goals, the safety of the people is our utmost priority. Even when they are already gone, we have to remember that they were still people. We must give them the proper respects.

Rae then turns to Serena.

This is what happens every time you have one of your "suppers". Doesn't that make you think?

The Alexandrian
2010-12-08, 12:25 AM
Hamnet attempts to follow Rae after he passes. Everyone seems to be doing it, so he figures that Rae must be leading them to something really cool! He scowls at the mention of vampires, yet he seems to have no obvious negative feelings towards AMEN as of yet, just Chezzy...sort of (Chezzy's brothers died so he really can't bring himself to hold any of Chezchire's actions against him anymore).

Then, if he makes it into the war room as the scene begins to play, Hamnet is overcome with passion. A burning desire to rip, to rend, to tear the life from those who he even thought were wicked. More so, he feels the pains of the suffering of those people in the slums. His fists clench as he feels their pain burn away at the fabric of his very soul.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-08, 12:26 AM
Pringle appears to Hayden only. He grins.
"Pringle? Wait, how are you back alive?" Hayden asks. He probably looks soooooo crazy right now to people who can't see Pringle.

lord pringle
2010-12-08, 12:29 AM
I'm still dead. Pringle laughs.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 12:31 AM
Serena scowls at Rae, "Yeah so? I'm not like a lot of other vampires. If I feed on someone they're either dead or a vampire. I'm not about to make a butt tonne of vampires."

Gimliggamer
2010-12-08, 12:32 AM
"Wait, then how am I talking to you? Has Maxios finally driven me insane?"

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 12:34 AM
That's not the point! The point is that they are dead!

Rae says, quite loudly.

Watch it again!

Rae says, and the scene plays out again, but with one minor variation. The corpse is now Serena's, and the man is now Nite, back when he wasn't a golem.

What about now, does it make you think now?

lord pringle
2010-12-08, 12:35 AM
I'm coming to you from beyond the grave 'cause I'm in Purgatory. To bad to be good but to good to be bad. Sorry. I'm only able to come to friends. Pringle walks around.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-08, 12:37 AM
"Hm. good to see you anyway. I can't help but feel that you wouldn't have died if Maxios hadn't been challenging each and every other group..."

lord pringle
2010-12-08, 12:41 AM
I can't blame anyone. I'm finally with my love. She chose to wait for me.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 12:42 AM
Serena's features harden and she looks away from the image, a deeply troubled look on her face.

Rae opened up some long sealed wounds. "What am I supposed to do?! I'm a vampire! See fangs!," she points at her fangs, "It's what I do!"

Gimliggamer
2010-12-08, 12:43 AM
I can't blame anyone. I'm finally with my love. She chose to wait for me.
"Well, I'm happy for you. Ghost/living highfive." Hayden says, acting to highfive Pringle.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 12:46 AM
Rae walks to the cabinet and withdraws a large syringe. He puts it into his arm and pulls the plunger back, filling it. Once it's full, he tosses it to her.

Your next meal.

He says, simply.

lord pringle
2010-12-08, 12:50 AM
"Well, I'm happy for you. Ghost/living highfive." Hayden says, acting to highfive Pringle.

He shakes his head no.

MPG
2010-12-08, 12:50 AM
Kordson had followed the group and watched the videos. Wow, heavy stuff.

Too heavy for Kordson not to try and lighten the mood.

Walking up behind Rae Kordson atemps to give the man a firm pat slap on the back, "Hey, man no need to yell at the lady. Chill out and take it slow."

The whole vampire thing seems to have gone over his head.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-08, 12:54 AM
Hamnet glances from Rae with his syringe to the vampiress. He really wishes he had a stake right now. He would have no problem showing it through her slimy chest. Instead he just glances at the two and restrains himself, though his fists are clenched and he is now attempting to stand in an isolated corner of the room, waiting, just dying for Serena to try to pull something, but then he recognizes that she has the capacity to feel emotion, and his muscles slacken a little as he adopts a more relaxed stance.

Gimliggamer
He shakes his head no.
"What? No? I mean...I was just...uh....moving the air. So, we're hunting vampires now. Well, evil vampires at any rate. And Rae is apparently trying to reform one. Hey, would Maxios be able to see you? Because if so, could you talk him out of his 'Brotherhood of Steel' idea?"

Gullara
She catches the syringe and looks long and hard at it.

I've been a vampire 13 years now. Killed... countless people.

So this was Nite was talking about. This guy can really get to you.

But Nite never seemed to have this much trouble, why am I different?

Because Nite never had a problem with 'necessary' killing, and me?

He clutches the syringe tightly, conflict clear in her face.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 01:01 AM
Rae is slapped on the back, right between the shoulderblades, and his entire body tenses, his face showing pain. He is fine in a moment, though, and turns to look at Kordson.

I don't have time to take it slow. Every minute we lose, it means more death. Do you understand that?

MPG
2010-12-08, 01:09 AM
"NO.", Kordson retorts looking up at Rae. He is smiling but his face is showing a seriousness. "I don't understand. I just got here and no-one seems to offer any explaination for anything in this organisation. I would like you help you folks. Now please could you tell me what's going on."
Kordson's smile brightens a little, "and please. Use small words."

Gullara
2010-12-08, 01:18 AM
At length Serena sighs heavily. She stares at the syringe a little longer before pocketing it.

She walks up to Rae, "Can I go now?" She looks emotionally exhausted.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 01:20 AM
I'm sorry. We are still recovering from an attack, we lost two members two days ago, our reputation has been ruined, and I just had to watch us lose a possible supporter due to my own actions.

Rae says, looking angry with himself for snapping.

Right now, we are trying to stop the vampire problem in Inside. If you want to help us, you'll need a power ring. Tell me, which emotion do you feel the most strongly, rage, greed, fear, determination, hope, compassion or love?

And then he turns to Serena.

No, I still have a few questions to ask you.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-08, 01:23 AM
Magtok... LIED?

:confused:

I am shocked, offended, and confused.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 01:24 AM
^: :smalltongue:

"Ok, fine. Shoot." She looks a little upset.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-08, 01:30 AM
"Wait a minute...you lost two members recently and then this guy (motions to Kordson) and I just end up here, conveniently, as though we were replacements. The Nexus is odd like that. I arrived when the plane I was battling in collapsed. Destiny...it's a conniving little creep."

Hamnet still stands in the corner with his arms crossed, still evidently feeling the burning desire of vengeance for those poor, helpless people as their pain continues to have an acidic effect on his very soul. His tone is rather bitter, and he closes his eyes as he speaks, for some reason. Perhaps overcome with emotion?

MPG
2010-12-08, 01:30 AM
Finally things were begining to make sense... sort of.
"I'm sorry for your losses." Kordson bows deeply.
"And try not to worry 'bout your rep so much. Peoples opinions are like the weather back home. You don't like it just wait five minutes."

Pick an emotion? That was a hard one. From that list several seemed to fit Kordson. The top picks would be determination, hope, or compassion.

*light bulb*
"This is for one of those rings Maxy was jawin' about right well I want to try somthing give me one of each ring, don't worry I have every intention of giving them back. I'll put them all on a see which one sticks."

((And regretablly I must deadtime))

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 01:40 AM
No. You aren't replacements. New members, possibly, but not replacements. We have lost our teammates, our friends, our bastards, and they can't be replaced.

Rae says, his voice full of emotions. Anger, sadness, determination, along with others. He turns back to Serena.

I have three. Why are there so many vampires in Inside recently, are the vampires all working together and does Nite have anything to do with it?

Gullara
2010-12-08, 01:44 AM
Serena frowns, "Before I answer, what are you going to do with the answers?"

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 01:51 AM
We're going to use them however we can to prevent as many deaths as possible. We won't kill any of you if we can help it.

Rae says, his voice once again calm and level.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 02:06 AM
"You know what? I'll answer you. Your vampire "problem" is at least partially caused by Nite. He asked if Adele and I wanted to come here. I jumped at the chance. Then Gabriel decided he wanted to come along."

"So he came and brought nine other vampires and twenty humans with him. So just us twelve are working together, well and maybe a few more. One of the nine, Frederick," she shudders, "he's brutal, and probably turned a couple girls since he's been here."

"And now I have a warning for you. Another of the nine is a high arch-magi. His name's Gulaghar. He could kill you by looking at you funny."

"You're gunna want to talk to Gabriel sometime. He's in charge for the most part."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 02:20 AM
Rae smiles when she mentions Gulaghar.

An archmage? Been a while since I've met one of those. Kill me just by looking at me? Truthfully, I doubt it, but it'll be fun to find out.

And then he thinks for a moment.

I guess this is partially my fault then, as I believe I may have been the one who gave Nite the idea to invite you out here in the first place. All the more reason to try to fix it.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 02:32 AM
"Doubt it all you want, I've seen him do it. One second the guy's standing there perfectly fine, next second there's a pile of something that looks like burned red jello."

"But hey, just talk to Gabriel first. He's better with the whole politics thing. I'm sure I can set you up with a meeting. Someplace neutral. What do you say?"

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 02:47 AM
Ah, but I'm not just any guy. I could take the necessary tests and become an archmage myself if I wanted to, but I don't want to. I'm just fine with myself how I am.

Rae says, just as if he were telling her that the sky is blue or that his hair was brown.

But that's not what's important right now. Yes, I would appreciate it if you would arrang a meeting for me. Neutral ground? How about Trog's? I'll let him decide when.

Rae sticks his hands in his pockets, and remembers something. He pulls out the robot and offers it to her.

This is yours, right?

Gullara
2010-12-08, 02:59 AM
"I'll let him know. You got a phone number? Cause that'd be the best way to get a hold of you. Oh and when you meet, bring a girl. It'll be a double date." She rolls her eyes.

Her eyes light up when Rae pulls out the robot, "Thanks. I thought I'd lost him." She takes the robot. "He's gunna be a pain to find parts for."

"Oh, and if you ever meet Ghar, don't talk to him about being his equal," she scoffs at the word, "He's a thousand year old vampire drow that matron mothers are afraid of. The only reason he's not a demi god or something is because he doesn't give a damn. But more importantly than any of that, he's a cranky old man."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 03:04 AM
Keith is waiting right outside the door, curious to get a peek at the vampire.
"Dees innit right...Maxios said ve vill vomp de vampires, Rae says ve [i]save[i] dem? Ey ey ey, it'z confuzing!"

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 03:09 AM
I don't have a phone myself, but we have one in the base. Its number is 526-8376.

He smiles again.

A 1000 year old vampire? Of course, I'm just some 34 year old hot shot who's never had to face world destroying abominations or gods before. It's not like I'm not a normal human or anything.

Rae says, sarcasm oozing out of him.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 03:20 AM
"Kinda full of yourself aren't you? You and Gabe will get along great."

"You said it yourself, you don't want to kill anyone right? So just try not to piss off Ghar too much."

"Oh and speaking of not wanting to kill, don't let that stop you from getting rid of Fredrick," who just got promoted from being an NPC, "He's a sadistic bastard that's asking to die."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 03:21 AM
Keith knocks on the wall outside the room, and if the door is open, peers in.
"Did hyu bring me a snack?"

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 03:31 AM
I am what I am, nothing more, nothing less. I don't want any unnecessary deaths, it's true, but if I lose control, I probably wouldn't be able to stop myself. Ask Nite, he's seen me when that happens, it ain't pretty.

Anyways, I think I've heard enough. Have Gabriel call me, and I'll show you to the teleporters.

Rae says, walking out of the war room.

Oh, and Serena? Thank you.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 03:34 AM
Keith (attempts to) taps Rae on the shoulder as he leaves the room.
"Ey ey ey, Rae-boss! Dat Maxios guy, 'e said ve vas blowink up de vampires. Vy hyu save de vampire lady?"

Gullara
2010-12-08, 03:36 AM
"If you say so," she says, obviously not convinced. She follows him out of the war room. "Thank me? Thank me for what?"

Serena raises her eyebrows at the goblin ((right?)) and bares her fangs grinning, "Move along buddy."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 03:44 AM
Answering my questions, thinking about things, arranging the meeting for me, something else, it was just a general thank you, really.

Rae says, before addressing Keith.

I saved her because that's what I do. It isn't my place to say who dies, but I can sure as hell give people a chance to live.

Rae will then lead Serena to the teleporters.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 03:47 AM
Keith attempts to grab Rae's shoulder, or if that fails, follow him through the teleporter.
"Tell me, vy aren't hyu the big bozz guy? Hyur much better at de sounding heroics and de senzibilitiez!"

Gullara
2010-12-08, 03:53 AM
"Well, you're welcome then."

"Well I guess I'm out of here." Serena says, approaching the teleporter. "See you around I suppose." And if there's nothing to stop her, Serena will teleport out of LANTERN.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 09:56 AM
Say hi to Nite for me.

Rae says, waving to her as she leaves, before turning back to Keith.

Want to hear a secret? I am the leader around here, in everything but name. No one listens to Maxios any more, but they do listen to me. Maxios too, but being called leader makes him happy, and so long as I'm the one peolpe listen to, I don't see the point in breaking his illusions.

Zefir
2010-12-08, 10:37 AM
[Main Room]

Andy is back from deadtime. And the rings in the box are gone.

"Befor someone asks I hide them, we need to check people first insead of handing oout rings to anyone."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 10:59 AM
Rae walks back into the main room and hears Andy. A look of confusion appears on his face.

I could have sworn that I'd already taken all of the rings...

Zefir
2010-12-08, 11:06 AM
"The last time I stand here I talked to the new member and hided all the rings, don't know what you did."

I resume to my last post of the old threaad where he picked up the box with the rings. Noone said it is emtyx so I assume the rings where in.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-08, 11:09 AM
[War Room to Main Room]

After the other beings departed from the war room, Hamnet remained meditating in the corner for a brief amount of time. He now exits this area and emerges from a door or hatch leading to the main room, a calm, collected look covering his battered spirit. He appears to have regained control over his emotions, but appearances are oft'times deceiving.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 01:21 PM
"The last time I stand here I talked to the new member and hided all the rings, don't know what you did."

I resume to my last post of the old threaad where he picked up the box with the rings. Noone said it is emtyx so I assume the rings where in.

((I actually sort of did say that it was empty, when the light-Rae showed up and said he had the spare rings with him.))

I took all of the rings, way back when LANTERN first started. Maxios must have had more somewhere though, because it didn't seem to stop him from recruiting new members all willy nilly.

Rae says, shrugging.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 01:34 PM
The phone rings.

BRRRRRRRING

BRRRRRRRING

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 02:16 PM
Say hi to Nite for me.

Rae says, waving to her as she leaves, before turning back to Keith.

Want to hear a secret? I am the leader around here, in everything but name. No one listens to Maxios any more, but they do listen to me. Maxios too, but being called leader makes him happy, and so long as I'm the one peolpe listen to, I don't see the point in breaking his illusions.

Keith makes a face like a five year old boy who just found out he got a BB gun for Christmas.
"Hyu are zo sootle! Und geniuz! Iz perfect! Now that I know de secret, I lizzen to hyu, hokay?"

Zefir
2010-12-08, 02:34 PM
Andy goes on the Phone

"Hello LATERN HQ"

Gullara
2010-12-08, 02:39 PM
"Hello. I need to speak with Rae." The voice on the other end of the line says.

Zefir
2010-12-08, 02:55 PM
"Rae your call."

Maxios
2010-12-08, 02:57 PM
Maxios undeadtimes, stretches, then goes to make himself a sandwich. "Eggsbenedict!" he says

MPG
2010-12-08, 03:02 PM
The deadtime answering machine picks up the the call on the other reciver,

Rae is currently unavailable at the moment please leave a message and he'll get right back to you after he returns to the land of the un-deadtimed *beep*

((Sorry but that conversation was going nowhere fast. :smallamused:hope you don't mind my intervention))

Maxios
2010-12-08, 03:08 PM
Maxios is sitting in the living room, eating a sandwich, watching some sitcom. Which looks REALLY intimidating in a full suit of Brotherhood of Steel armor.

Also, Evil Maxios is now running amuck with a orange power ring he stole.

Zefir
2010-12-08, 03:17 PM
"Rae is unavailable at the moment can I be of help?"

Gullara
2010-12-08, 03:20 PM
"No that's quite alright. I'll call back at a later time."

Click

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 03:25 PM
Well, that's unfortunate, right when I come back, too. Gimme the phone, please, I believe I may be able to get the phone to call him back.

Rae says, coming out of deadtime.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-08, 03:25 PM
Hamnet attempts to stealthily sneak by Maxios to the teleporters. He really is trying to avoid that loon today. Maxios is wearing armor, after all, that is completely ridiculous. A definite sign of insanity caused by massive amounts of stress. He could crack at any moment. Hamnet attempts to duck behind furnishings in the room to make him less noticeable during this stunt.

Zefir
2010-12-08, 03:30 PM
"Well we could just press the recall button but here take it I think I go walking. There is nothing to do for me now."

Andy head to the teleporter after Rae got th phone.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 03:34 PM
Oh wait. There it is again.

BRRRRRRRRING

BRRRRRRRRING

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 03:37 PM
Callback won't work if the number is private, which it probably is, but I think if I can...

Then the phone rings.

Or that could happen.

He says, answering the phone.

Is this Gabriel?

Gullara
2010-12-08, 03:38 PM
"Ah, you've been expecting my call. I presume this is Rae?"

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 03:40 PM
"Ooooo!" Keith says in a voice just above a whisper, "Rae-Bozz iz talkink all sneaky-like! Be quiet, dem hyu!"

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 03:42 PM
Obviously. I spoke with Serena, as you know if you're calling me. I'm going to get straight to the point. I want to try to find a peaceful way to end the attacks in Inside, and I'd like to meet with you to discuss this. I think Trog's would be a good place, and I can meet you whenever you'd like.

Gullara
2010-12-08, 03:46 PM
"Of course. I happen to be at Trog's right now. And as it so happens am not otherwise occupied. Feel free to come now."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 03:49 PM
Serena said that I may wish to bring a date, does this still stand?

Gullara
2010-12-08, 03:55 PM
"She said bring a date?" Laughter can be heard though the line, "That woman is too clever for her own good. Go ahead and bring a date. We'll make a night of it."

This also means we have to wait for Happy to undeadtime.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 04:03 PM
I'll be there soon, then.

Rae says, hanging up the phone, and heading to the Med Bays, grabbing three syringes, going to the War Room to find out exactly where the other him is with Emily, and then heading to the teleporters, leaving the base.

Zefir
2010-12-08, 04:05 PM
Andy left the base a secound befor.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-08, 04:08 PM
Hamnet exits the base with the teleporters as well, glad to finally have managed to escape. He watches Rae in order to figure out how the teleporters operate, then sets the coordinates for somewhere in Inside and departs.

Maxios
2010-12-08, 04:37 PM
A man enters base. He looks just like Maxios, but in a suit of chanimail armor. The figure has a longsword at his hip.

Zefir
2010-12-08, 04:42 PM
((It seems like Maxios is the only LATERN left in the base))

Maxios
2010-12-08, 04:45 PM
((It seems like Maxios is the only LATERN left in the base))

((He is? Darn. And I had a whole plot idea too :smalltongue:))

Zefir
2010-12-08, 05:31 PM
Andy arrives at LATERN again.

(( My secound char is struck so I think I throw Andy soewhere to RP))

Maxios
2010-12-08, 05:32 PM
Andy arrives at LATERN again.

(( My secound char is struck so I think I throw Andy soewhere to RP))

((Alright))

Andy may notice a man standing near the entrance, that looks just like Maxios, but more scarred and wearing chaimail.

Zefir
2010-12-08, 05:37 PM
Andy walks by.

"Hi Maxios."

And he goes on to the kitchen.

Maxios
2010-12-08, 05:41 PM
"Eh?" both Maxios say at the same time. Then look at each other. "Eh?"

Zefir
2010-12-08, 05:52 PM
Andy cames back with a sac of popcorn. (( He really likes popcorn.))

"Oh!" He notic the two Maxios. FACEPALM.

"No! Please tell me one of you is a mirrow image."

Maxios
2010-12-08, 05:53 PM
Andy cames back with a sac of popcorn. (( He really likes popcorn.))

"Oh!" He notic the two Maxios. FACEPALM.

"No! Please tell me one of you is a mirrow image."

"What are you talking about?" the chainmail Maxios says angrily.

Zefir
2010-12-08, 06:00 PM
"OK! Why the hell there are two Maxios?"

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-08, 06:01 PM
"Und vy is hevryone screamink!?!?!" Keith demands as he walks into the room, half a sandwich in his hand and the other half in his mouth.
"Hyu are upzettink my zandwich!"

Maxios
2010-12-08, 06:04 PM
"How do you know my name? You are not from the universe known as Mythos, are you?" the chainmail Maxios growls.

MPG
2010-12-08, 06:05 PM
*light bulb*
"This is for one of those rings Maxy was jawin' about right well I want to try somthing give me one of each ring, don't worry I have every intention of giving them back. I'll put them all on a see which one sticks."

((And regretablly I must deadtime))

Kordson undeadtimes in the base and walks into the main room. Still awaiting a responce to his ring dilema.
Looking at the various Maxioses he sighs deeply and proceeds to pinch himself to ensure he is awake.

"Well this looks to be entertaining. A Max1 vs Max2 battle to the death. Go."
The sarcasm in the last statemaent should be more than apparent.

Maxios
2010-12-08, 06:07 PM
"That's happen before. My evil clone lost." the LANTERN Maxios says

Rae Artemi
2010-12-08, 06:07 PM
Oh, hey, I forgot about that. Kordson should find that on the table beside him there is one of each ring, except for black, along with a note. "Sorry, I had business to attend to. -Rae"

Zefir
2010-12-08, 06:09 PM
"Ok and what is the other Maxios doing here?"

Maxios
2010-12-08, 06:13 PM
"Ok and what is the other Maxios doing here?"

"Never seen him before in my life. Well I have seen him, but as well...me." LANTERN Maxios says.

"Other Maxios? I am the king of Xor, I am myself and myself only!" Chainmail Maxios says

Zefir
2010-12-08, 06:15 PM
"Ok King of Zor why are you here I had a bad day so please come to term fast."

Maxios
2010-12-08, 06:19 PM
"Ok King of Zor why are you here I had a bad day so please come to term fast."

"Simple. The other groups were boring." Chainmail Maxios says angrily. "I didn't expect to find an imposter."

Zefir
2010-12-08, 06:23 PM
"OH yeah we, too."

And he deadtimed.

Maxios
2010-12-08, 06:25 PM
"Imposter? I ain't an imposter!" the real Maxios says. Then he looks confused, then normal, then confused, then finally..."Ah. You're an alternate version of me from some other world."

MPG
2010-12-08, 06:25 PM
((I shall use the forum die roller to deside BruHahahaha, 1,4 = green, 2,5= Indigo, 3,6= no ring for now but will try to find the white ring if you let me.
Will edit post depending on the result))
(1d6){5}

Kordson places the rings on his fingers. Never really been much for jewlery.
Dropping his arms to his sides, the Orange, Red, and yellow rings emmidiatly drop off. After a moment longer the violet ring drops to the ground followed by the blue ring. The last two rings move slightly and then green finally drops off.

"Huh, wasn't expecting that."Kordson picks up the other rings and places them back on the table near the note.

Maxios
2010-12-08, 06:37 PM
"Welcome to the green side of things." Maxios will tell Kordson. A plotclone of Maxios will go to Inside

Gimliggamer
2010-12-08, 08:05 PM
Hayden is in the library, filling out one of the empty journals.

MPG
2010-12-08, 08:25 PM
((Actually if you read my whole post, carefully. I roled a 5 meaning Indigo or compation. and Green fell off like the other colours.))

"Umm, Maxy. I think you might be a tad colour blind." Chuckles Kordson holding up an indigo ring.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-08, 10:44 PM
Hayden finishes writing in the journal and takes it up to his room. Then he heads over to the War Room, where he proceeds to look around Inside using the satellites, trying to find something to do or someone to help.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-09, 12:33 AM
Two men teleports into LANTERN. The first looks a like Riv, but older, with more grey in his hair, and his right arm and leg are robotic, clanking as he walks through the halls. He wears a lab coat and brown leather gloves, inset with tiny spinning gears and crackling coils, as well as set of three lensed goggles, one of the lenses on a hing. His companion is stranger though, wearing a perfectly white shirt, more like a straight jacket than anything, it even has straps, although they hang unused, chrome silver pants and a metal visor covering his eyes, although he seems capable of seeing. His frame is gaunt and pale, it has obviously been a long time since he saw the sun or a good meal, and his hair is smoothed back in a styleless manner. Where is Rae? The first man says, looking around.

Zefir
2010-12-09, 02:31 AM
Andy with a bag full of popcorn is there and answer.

"Oh Hey Riv don't know search him inside he got a phone call from there. Not sure where they want to go."

Maxios
2010-12-09, 03:43 PM
Maxios undeadtimes. "Rae? No clue where he is." Maxios tells the two new comers.

To Kordson: "Indeed. You are now the first Indigo LANTERN. Congrats."
-------
Chainmail Maxios is in the War Room, looking at OTHER alternate versions of Maxios/himself

MPG
2010-12-09, 04:09 PM
"Hooray!" Kordson cheers durring a brief undeadtime, before walking to the training area and starts battling dummies off screen.

(and back to deadtime, crap)

Zefir
2010-12-09, 05:08 PM
"So, What is it now with the two Maxios?"

Maxios
2010-12-09, 05:17 PM
"More then two." Chainmail Maxios says from the war-room. "There's a wizard Maxios, a Jedi Maxios, a Ghostbuster Maxios, a Halo Elite version of Maxios, a cyborg Maxios..."

Zefir
2010-12-09, 05:22 PM
"Eh ok what is a ghostbuster or a Jedy... well never mind so why is this other Maxios here?"

Maxios
2010-12-09, 05:23 PM
"I have two theories. One, this other Maxios wanted to join the good juggernaut that is LANTERN, or alternate versions are drawn to each other. If the second theory pans out, then there may be over a dozen Maxios' here." LANTERN Maxios tells Andy. "Then there is always the large possibilty that we will all merge to form one, super Maxios."

Zefir
2010-12-09, 05:29 PM
"A super Maxios.. Is this good or bad, well I think not all of your copys are as you or?"

Maxios
2010-12-09, 05:31 PM
"Possibily good. But the numerous merdging of minds may cause...problems." Maxios says wincing.
"These other Me's, are alternate versions of myself from different universes. As such, they can be really similar, or vastly different."

Zefir
2010-12-09, 05:33 PM
"Ok I think we will need someone who fix this and send them into there world."

Maxios
2010-12-09, 05:37 PM
"Right. Problem is, some of them may not be willing to go back. Others will go back, grateful." LANTERN Maxios says

Zefir
2010-12-09, 05:41 PM
"I don't think i can handle them. The problem is there may be to many to find them alone and I even don't know who may help us send them back."

Maxios
2010-12-09, 05:51 PM
"I got a portal gizmo in the armory. And they all now can be seen on images in the War Room." Maxios says

((I'm making a model of HQ on google sketchup)
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy59/maxios5/LANTERHQ1.jpg

Zefir
2010-12-09, 06:10 PM
"OK lets get ride of them do you know how the portal works?"

Maxios
2010-12-09, 06:27 PM
"I tested the portal myself on the Embodiment of Evil, and it worked like a charm." LANTERN Maxios says proudly

Zefir
2010-12-09, 06:29 PM
"That is bad I'm no mage or even ever have used magic. It more seems that magic avoids me."

Maxios
2010-12-09, 06:31 PM
A golden light shines in the room, and what looks like a White Bazooka appears. On it in golden text is "Old Betsy"

"And that, is the portal gun."

Zefir
2010-12-09, 06:40 PM
"Well that will work I hope. how do I tunr it to the right dimension."

He is taking the weapon.

((I hope Andy never holds this and is attacked by a high magican^^))

Maxios
2010-12-09, 06:42 PM
"It'll automatically take whoever enters the portal back to their dimension." Maxios says grininng. "We'll handle that sitation later. In a minute, a non-biased reporter will interview us."

Zefir
2010-12-09, 06:45 PM
"Hmm yeah I think I can't talk to the reporter I look for someone to assist you."

He heads to the war room. He comes back after some secounds.

"Oh I forgot something."

He aims for the secound Maxios the King man and shoots.

Maxios
2010-12-09, 06:48 PM
"Hey! What are you-" Chainmail Maxios says, before returning to his own universe.

Zefir
2010-12-09, 06:53 PM
"This Latern HQ is not big enougth for two Maxios."

He sais that in the old western man sound and deadtimes.

Maxios
2010-12-09, 06:55 PM
The reporter enters HQ. He has a brown coat, a tie, a camera crew, and a fedora.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-09, 10:30 PM
Hayden sees the reporter and shouts. "No! Absolutely not! Get out RIGHT NOW!" He tries to push them out of the door.

Maxios
2010-12-09, 10:32 PM
"Hayden, stand down. These nice reporters are going to write a non-biased, truthful, report on us." Maxios says. If Hayden doesn't stand down, a massive conjured hand will attempt to grab him.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-09, 10:35 PM
"Boyz?" Keith's voice comes out from the communications center, "Rae-Bozz haz been arrezted!"

Maxios
2010-12-09, 10:36 PM
In Keith's head, he'll hear "We got reporters here to do a nice, truthful, report on us!"

The reporter will sit down next to Maxios, and the camera crew comes running behind him.

MPG
2010-12-09, 10:49 PM
Kordson follows Hayden into the room.
He seems a bit more than entusiastic about the the cameras.
hehehehehe

Kordson drops onto his hands and knees and crawls behind the couch which Maxios and the reporter is sitting on.

Maxios
2010-12-09, 10:52 PM
Reporter: I am [insert name here], and I'm interviewing the leader of LANTERN, Maxios Baxterofski.

Maxios: Nice to meet you [insert]! Let's get this interview started, eh?

R: Of course. There are oh so many topics...the bomber incident, Mercury, Magtok's reports, your affiliation with AMEN, the battle with AMEN, etc.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-09, 11:01 PM
Hayden, unlike any other members, hears Keith (thats is his name right?). "Maxios, I'n leaving to go help Rae. If you make a fool out of yourself again with that camera, I'm going to tally up votes to make Rae the new leader of LANTERN. Bear that in mind." He tells Maxios, walking into the War Room and searching for Rae. Finding him, Hayden sets the coordinates for the teleporter and teleports into Inside.

MPG
2010-12-09, 11:34 PM
And Kordson pops up from behind the couch in front of the camera,

"YeaaH! I'm on TV. Man first COPS now this. I'm on a roll."
He then takes a diving leap off camera, ending in a summersault roll.

He then stands nonchalantly and proceeds to follow Hayden and Keith.
Kordson has only met Rae briefly so is not in as big a rush to save him.

lord pringle
2010-12-10, 12:37 AM
Hayden, unlike any other members, hears Keith (thats is his name right?). "Maxios, I'n leaving to go help Rae. If you make a fool out of yourself again with that camera, I'm going to tally up votes to make Rae the new leader of LANTERN. Bear that in mind." He tells Maxios, walking into the War Room and searching for Rae. Finding him, Hayden sets the coordinates for the teleporter and teleports into Inside.

Pringle's ghost will appear to Maxios Let Rae be leader.

Zefir
2010-12-10, 02:33 AM
This is going to be bad. Andy comes to Maxios. and whispers him in his ear.

"You know two things? First we have a problem to solve now and second you are just doing things that you said you don't do to Rae. I will manage this for now just don't stop me."

Then he heads to the reporters.

"Excuse me Sirs. I have to ask you to go now. We have some problems and don't want to involve innocents. I will conntact you if the situation is clear. Please follow me."

Andy will lead them to the teleporter.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-10, 10:59 AM
There are reporters in the base? Really, you let more in here?
Chezzy chuckles.
And hurries over to the camera, his face a leer.

Zefir
2010-12-10, 11:02 AM
Befor that happens Andy will hull the reporter in a green bubble to cover them from the other cat.

"Please hurry."

Maxios
2010-12-10, 01:35 PM
"Hold on Andy!" Maxios says calmly. In Andy's head, he'll hear "Right now, we can solve our public relations problem, and get the people back on our side."

Zefir
2010-12-10, 08:03 PM
Andy won't stop leading the reporter to the teleporter.

"We have some more important problems than image. We can manage this isue later but things that cause damage to many people comes first."

Maxios
2010-12-10, 08:13 PM
"Right. I got word that a village near the mountains of Rockyeverest are under attack by a Yeti." Maxios tells the Reporter. "We'll call you back after the situation is handeled."

And the Reporters, and Camera Crews, are gone!

Zefir
2010-12-10, 08:21 PM
After the reporters are gone Andy will run to Maxios and grap him at his collar. His right eye shows his anger, but the other doesn't change it remains color less.

"Are you insane? You know you are not very good at managing such stuff. Remember WATCHTOWER I didn't want to bring this up but your reaction there has made them angry to us.Have you seen the other members they left befor you even could say something. And what about a YETI."

Andy shakes Maxios if he has him in his grap.

"WE HAVE THE DAMN COPYS OF YOU OUT THERE AND IF THEY ACT LIKE YOU... may the gods merciful with our souls."
He release Maxios.

Maxios
2010-12-10, 08:25 PM
"I know. I made the Yeti thing up." Maxios says, brushing some dust off himself. "I don't want the public to know there's dozens of me running around. That could be disastorous. Now, let's go take down some duplicates."

Zefir
2010-12-10, 08:31 PM
"Just one thing: NEVER EVER do such a thing again I will handle the press and stuff cause it seems like I'm the only one besides Rae with a sense of restraint and manners."

He haead to the War room searching for the first Maxios copy.

Maxios
2010-12-10, 08:37 PM
Maxios sighs.

The first "other" Maxios is currently in Trog's, and is dressed like a Ghostbuster. Feel free to godmod him.

celtois
2010-12-10, 08:40 PM
If there is a security camera system in LANTERN it must be going wild, since walking around the premises is 'Mercury' looking all normal and fleshy and well not dead at all. He's in the hall of the fallen at the moment.

Maxios
2010-12-10, 08:45 PM
In the War Room, Maxios notices that the surveillance cameras are going wild in the Hall of the Fallen.
"Something is happening in the crypt." he says, and runs to the crypt

celtois
2010-12-10, 08:52 PM
Upon, Maxios's entry into the hall of the fallen. He will see Mercury. Who is sitting calmly in amongst the coffins. "Hello again Maxios. It's been a little while huh? I just came to thank you again for making my return so easy. If you wanted me gone you've been doing it all wrong. You've just helped me along, even sped up my plans." ''Mercury" smiles slyly at him. "Nice job you've done of running this place too, all these dead bodies, all these failures you've made? I wonder if you failed to help them the same way you failed to stop me, through your own foolish blundering about."

Fan
2010-12-10, 08:58 PM
Pringle's ghost will appear to Maxios Let Rae be leader.

"Listen to the Ghost bro, they tend to know things."

Cool Kid says, pitching in his 2 incredibly cool Canada denominations of 1 penny.

However, Mercury just laid out some mad disrespect, and if there is one thing Cool Kid doesn't tolerate. It's disrespect.

He readies a steady back hand, various rings, one an orange lantern ring swatting out to deliver a firm, but teaching back hand in the direction of Mercury.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-10, 10:43 PM
Hayden appears back in LANTERN, glancing around, satisfied that the reporters are gone. He walks over to the stairs and goes up the steps, opneing the dor to his room and walking in. He closes the door behind him to take a shower.

Maxios
2010-12-11, 12:35 PM
Upon, Maxios's entry into the hall of the fallen. He will see Mercury. Who is sitting calmly in amongst the coffins. "Hello again Maxios. It's been a little while huh? I just came to thank you again for making my return so easy. If you wanted me gone you've been doing it all wrong. You've just helped me along, even sped up my plans." ''Mercury" smiles slyly at him. "Nice job you've done of running this place too, all these dead bodies, all these failures you've made? I wonder if you failed to help them the same way you failed to stop me, through your own foolish blundering about."

Maxios will blindly smash open Mercury's coffin, to see if there is still a corpse in there.

Zefir
2010-12-11, 04:56 PM
Andy comes back and just watch the szene.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-11, 10:39 PM
Hayden finishes watching and gets dressed in a new set of clothing. Then he walks over to the War room to pick a destination to go in the teleporter.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-12, 04:11 PM
Hayden pops back into HQ, and sits down in the living room to settle the dizziness.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-12, 05:08 PM
Assuming nothing goes wrong, Rae and Emily appear with a flash of energy, via teleportation.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 05:29 PM
Yep, they do. Rae has huge white wings now and is missing his ring, though.

Well, here she is, LANTERN. Would you like a tour, or do you just want to get down to business?

Rae asks.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-12, 05:31 PM
She considers it, and shakes her head.
"Let's just get down to it." she says.

Zefir
2010-12-12, 05:32 PM
"Oh hey Rae, good to see you. Nice wings."

Andy stands near him with a portla gun on his back.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 05:34 PM
Alright then. Can't talk now Andy, in the middle of something.

Rae says, leaving the main room and heading toward the cloning labs.

I'm quite glad that I didn't decide to destroy these th-

He stops talking suddenly and his eyes snap shut, his entire body tensing for a moment. One of his arms starts moving slowly for one of the cloning tanks.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-12, 05:38 PM
"Are you alright?" she says, shocked and worried.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 05:41 PM
Fighting hard. They know what we're planning. They don't like it.

Rae says, speaking in short bursts. His arm is slowly getting closer to the cloning pod as well. It looks like he may be losing the fight.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-12, 05:42 PM
She puts her hand on his shoulder, trying to soothe him, sending gentle, bolstering magic through him.

Zefir
2010-12-12, 05:42 PM
After Rae passed by Andy whispers more to himself.

"Ugh all have things to do and I'm allways deadtime."

He throws the portal gun to Maxios.

"Here get rid of your clones, copys whatever. I need to leave this place."

And so he does heading to the teleporter.

((This timezone thing really kills me.))

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 05:48 PM
Rae is calmed, and regains control, for now.

Thank you, Emily, but be careful. They're me too, so if you strengthen this me, they get stronger as well.

He says, nothing but concern in his eyes or voice. He walks to the controls for the cloning pod, and begins punching in commands.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-12, 06:02 PM
She nods slowly, standing protectively next to him.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 06:07 PM
Rae finishes punching in commands and pulls a knife from his pocket, pricking his finger and letting a drop of blood fall into the DNA scanner. He hits one more button, and the process starts.

It's going to create an exact copy of my body, but it will take a while.

He says, going to another pod and repeating the process.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-12, 06:11 PM
She nods.
"How long?"

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 06:16 PM
I have no idea, but it shouldn't take too long, as I set it to go as fast as it could. There may be some irregularities in them, but nothing too major, I gave a big enough DNA sample to probably ensure that.

He says, turning back to her.

So, are you hungry? I can make something while we wait.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-12, 06:23 PM
"Not really." she shrugs.

Viera Champion
2010-12-12, 06:25 PM
A kitty kat enters the base mewling. It is super adorable and has a registration form in its mouth.

Name: Quartz
Background: Born in Nexus raised in Nexus, absolutely nothing interesting about his life. His parents aren't shapeshifters exactly but his father was a werewolf if that counts.
Powers: Shapeshifting
Ring-Color: Blue
Aligment: Chaotic Good
Misc (include your power level and class): Power Level: 1-2
Class: Shapeshifter

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 06:30 PM
Well, then I guess I have a phone call to make.

Rae says, heading out of the cloning lab and back to the Main Room. He picks up the phone, and dials a number from the caller ID.

Or he would have, had there not been a cat in the room.

Oh, hello there little guy!

He says, taking the form from Quartz's mouth.

Blue huh? Do you already have a ring, or do you need one?

Lix Lorn
2010-12-12, 06:34 PM
She follows him, wanting to keep him in sight, and giggles at the cat.

Viera Champion
2010-12-12, 06:35 PM
If he turns the form over, on the back his question will have already been answered before the cat even came here.

I need one, preferably one that can change size. You know, the whole shapeshifter business.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 06:39 PM
Hmm, well then, just give me a minute.

Rae says, as he reaches into his pocket. A couple of seconds later, he pulls out a Blue power ring and places it in front of the cat. If he should touch it, the ring will change shape to fit above the cat's paw, and will continue to change shape as Quartz shapeshifts. Oh, and it should also allow him to speak common, along with almost every other language in the universe.

Maxios
2010-12-12, 06:40 PM
Maxios' voice comes from the loudspeakers.
"We may or may not have a ghost, zombie, or a resurrected version of Mercury in the Hall of the Fallen. Can someone come and help sort out the situation?"

Viera Champion
2010-12-12, 06:43 PM
Hmm, well then, just give me a minute.

Rae says, as he reaches into his pocket. A couple of seconds later, he pulls out a Blue power ring and places it in front of the cat. If he should touch it, the ring will change shape to fit above the cat's paw, and will continue to change shape as Quartz shapeshifts. Oh, and it should also allow him to speak common, along with almost every other language in the universe.

The cat puts on the ring, then shape shifts into a human boy with snow white hair.
I can speak common silly. I just pretend like a cat is my natural form so people will pet me. Did you actually think a cat could fill out a registration form silly?
Seems he likes to call people silly.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 06:58 PM
Trilby could. He's pretty smart. Now look around the place, get to know anyone who would happen to undeadtime. I'm Rae, I'm pretty much the leader around here, but I'm in the middle of something right now.

Rae says, heading toward the phone again.

Viera Champion
2010-12-12, 07:01 PM
Trilby could. He's pretty smart. Now look around the place, get to know anyone who would happen to undeadtime. I'm Rae, I'm pretty much the leader around here, but I'm in the middle of something right now.

Rae says, heading toward the phone again.

Awwwww... Okay mister...
He goes back into kitty form and mews for people to pet him. PET THE KITTY!

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 07:06 PM
With that done, Rae picks up the phone to make a call.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-12, 07:13 PM
Hayden comes into the Main Room and pets the kitty.

Viera Champion
2010-12-12, 07:24 PM
Hayden comes into the Main Room and pets the kitty.

The kitty nuzzles his hand, and also heals any random minor injuries he has.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-12, 07:27 PM
"So what are you doing here cat?" Hayden asks, looking for some sign as to why or how the cat is in a space baes.

Viera Champion
2010-12-12, 07:29 PM
"So what are you doing here cat?" Hayden asks, looking for some sign as to why or how the cat is in a space baes.

The cat turns into a young boy, with white hair, still nuzzling Hayden's hand. Nuzzle Nuzzle. On his hand is a Blue power ring. Nuzzle nuzzle.

Fan
2010-12-12, 07:34 PM
Maxios' voice comes from the loudspeakers.
"We may or may not have a ghost, zombie, or a resurrected version of Mercury in the Hall of the Fallen. Can someone come and help sort out the situation?"

Cool Kid has in fact been there, waiting for his backhand directed at said being to be resolved.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-12, 07:41 PM
The cat turns into a young boy, with white hair, still nuzzling Hayden's hand. Nuzzle Nuzzle. On his hand is a Blue power ring. Nuzzle nuzzle.
"Well thats....weird."

Gullara
2010-12-12, 07:42 PM
[War Room]

Ghar teleports into the war room and waits for Rae.

((For the next couple hours I'm only going to be able to get a couple posts in))

Viera Champion
2010-12-12, 07:43 PM
"Well thats....weird."

Nuzzle nuzzle.
How so? My name is Quartz by the way.
Nuzzle nuzzle.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 07:44 PM
Rae hangs up the phone and turns around.

There's going to be a vampire here soon. He's here to help me, so no one do anything stupid.

Rae says, then raising his voice.

Especially you, Maxios!

And then he feels the magic surge of a teleportation spell, and heads for the War room.

Hello, Gulaghar, it's nice to finally meet you.

Rae says, extending his hand, his wings spreading to their full wingspan for a moment, about thirteen feet.

Gullara
2010-12-12, 07:52 PM
"Greetings," Ghar says and shakes Rae's hand, "A pleasure."

He takes note of the wings, interesting.

"Now what exactly do you require?"

Gimliggamer
2010-12-12, 07:54 PM
Nuzzle nuzzle.
How so? My name is Quartz by the way.
Nuzzle nuzzle.
"You just shapeshifted...." And Hayden is wearing a black silk cape, so he shouldn't be talking.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 08:00 PM
I need you to go into my mind, help me get the other mes out, and get them into the clone bodies that I'm having prepared so that I can kill them. I'll help as much as I can, but once one of them is out, I'll have to keep most of my concentration on staying alive.

Rae says, his wings going back to resting position. It's been a long time since he's had them out for this long. Feels good, sort of.

Gullara
2010-12-12, 08:06 PM
"Interesting, interesting. Now I'm sure you are aware that I cannot enter your mind without seeing things. Especially things you don't want me to see." He smirks. "But I'm sure that you don't care about that."

"Now shall we get started?"

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 08:11 PM
Oh, you don't even know how little I care about that at this point. Just don't go terrorizing the Field of Playing Kittens, that's the neutral ground. Yes, let us begin.

Rae says, sitting down awkwardly. Chairs aren't really optimal for him right now.

celtois
2010-12-12, 08:35 PM
A backhand. Now really. Why in the blazes would Mercury be stupid enough to come here in person if he just wanted to gloat?

The hand passes harmlessly though the hologram.

*Smash, crash crumble.*

Inside the coffin is indeed the corpse of mercury looking as dead as the day it was buried.

"Ah, I see you've found my cover. Convenient bit of enchantment on my part. Quite ingenious really. You see because now you have no way to prove that I'm alive. While I go about my plans unabated. So thank you Maxios. You and your pitiful organization have been quite helpful. "

Fan
2010-12-12, 09:08 PM
A backhand. Now really. Why in the blazes would Mercury be stupid enough to come here in person if he just wanted to gloat?

*Smash, crash crumble.*

Inside the coffin is indeed the corpse of mercury looking as dead as the day it was buried.

"Ah, I see you've found my cover. Convenient bit of enchantment on my part. Quite ingenious really. You see because now you have no way to prove that I'm alive. While I go about my plans unabated. So thank you Maxios. You and your pitiful organization have been quite helpful. "

"Bro, I can understand hating on some LANTERN. Especially Maxios here.. But dude. What's your aims man? You know that even if we don't stop your unrighteous hate that the hundreds of other BAD ENOUGH DUDES will?"

He says picking up Pringles shades out of the coffin, sliding on the second pair of shades for 2x coolness.

"Sides' even if they don't, someone eventually will. Your doomed to fail, just like the rest of the haters."

celtois
2010-12-12, 09:12 PM
"Hate, ha as if I would be motivated by something so petty. It's your foolish misunderstanding of how the world works that makes you believe it to be so." 'Mercury' smirks. "Now I have wasted far to much time here on such a simple task, I'm afraid I must be going. But once again thank you for all your help in facilitating my plans." and with that the hologram fades out. Leaving the hall once again a dark solemn place.

Gullara
2010-12-12, 09:51 PM
Oh, you don't even know how little I care about that at this point. Just don't go terrorizing the Field of Playing Kittens, that's the neutral ground. Yes, let us begin.

Rae says, sitting down awkwardly. Chairs aren't really optimal for him right now.

"Very well," Ghar says and approaches Rae. He rests a hand on either side of his head. "This is bound to be uncomfortable." and with that Ghar pushes his way into Rae's mind.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 10:02 PM
[Rae's head]

When Ghar reaches Rae's mind, he will see that it seems to be in three parts, one is normal, brighter than the others, more inviting. At the edge where it meets the others there is, as Rae said, a field where kittens are happily playing. Another of the thirds is Darker, but stable, and violent, and the last is pure chaos. There are the sounds of a fight coming from the direction of the Dark area.

Gullara
2010-12-12, 10:04 PM
[Rae's head]

"Curious." Ghar heads to the dark area and the sound of the fighting.

Ghar's just getting in everybody's mind these days.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 10:12 PM
[Rae's head]

As he approaches the sounds of fighting, Ghar will see a fight between two Rae's, one younger looking than usual, the other slightly older looking. The young one appears to be badly injured, but winning. Their fight is moving quickly, switching between clashing with swords, throwing masses of energy at each other and fist fighting almost faster than the eye can track. Just as Ghar arrives, the younger Rae will deliver a crushing punch to the older's stomach, and launch him back into the Dark Area. He will turn around, smile on his face.

Hello Ghar. Welcome to my head.

Gullara
2010-12-12, 10:17 PM
[Rae's Head]

"I imagine that he," he gestures into the dark area, "Is one of the 'Raes' that you want removed?"

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 10:23 PM
[Rae's head]

Yep. That's the violent one.

Rae says, walking towards him, his form returning to normal and his wounds healing.

The crazy one should be here in about... three... two... one...

Right on cue, Rae is snatched off of the ground by another Rae, and taken into the air. The newcomer's form is changing rapidly, aging and deaging, his clothes changing and shifting. Oh, and he's biting.

Gullara
2010-12-12, 10:29 PM
[Rae's Head]

Ghar frowns, "It's remarkable you haven't been overwhelmed." He then tries to impose his will on the 'crazy Rae', he tries to subdue him.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 10:36 PM
[Rae's head]

Oh, that's where it gets tough. The crazy one, he's not gonna be affected very much by mind magic, he doesn't think about what he does, he just does, and doesn't let anything get in his way. Acting on instinct, or impulse, becoming utterly unpredictable, unless you've been him.

The normal Rae waits for the crazy one to bite, and throws a punch straight at his mouth, breaking teeth and knuckles.

Yeah, it's even harder when I have to concentrate on something else.

Rae yells down to Ghar.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-12, 10:37 PM

*Smash, crash crumble.*

.... Mercury was cremated. :smalleek:

Gullara
2010-12-12, 10:41 PM
[Rae's Head]

"Perhaps a 'physical' manipulation of the mindscape." It's almost as if he's had a lot of practice with this type of thing.

Ghar concentrates and creates a cage. He attempts to imprison crazy Rae in it.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 10:46 PM
[Rae's head]

A cage does appear, but around both Raes, as they are fighting in close quarters. As soon as it appears, though, it begins to twist and contort itself, quickly becoming unrecognizable before tearing apart. Both Raes continue to fight in close quarters, taking damage and giving it, before the crazy one swings at Rae with both of his hands, backed up by a huge wave of energy that throws him back.

Gullara
2010-12-12, 10:54 PM
[Rae's head]

Ghar's frown deepens. This time Ghar attempts a more subtly approach. He tries to take advantage of crazy Rae not thinking before acting by overriding his impulses with more... passive impulses.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-12, 10:59 PM
[Rae's head]

oH heLLo theRe. I SuPPose yoU would liKe To die tOO? Thinks the Crazy Rae, just floating there in the air. The normal Rae is still flying away, that was a big hit.

Gullara
2010-12-12, 11:04 PM
[Rae's Head]

"As appealing as that sounds, I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline." Ghar says, "perhaps you can come closer so we can discuss this."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-12, 11:07 PM
The Professor teleports into LANTERN HQ, flanked by two heavily built men in black business suits and shades. As one, they march up to the nearest member. Where is Rae? I must return his ring. The Professor says, pulling a blue ring from his pocket.