PDA

View Full Version : Xykon's future...

martianmister
2010-12-07, 08:18 PM
What will happen if Team Evil reach to gate, before OOTS? Is Xykon going to conquer all earth? Or something bad will happen to earth? Who will be victorious: Redcloak, Xykon or Dark One? I want to know this.

NerfTW
2010-12-07, 08:24 PM
I want to know this.

Well, given that none of us have personal knowledge of what Rich's plot is, I'd say you're going to be disappointed. :smalltongue:

ShiningStarling
2010-12-07, 08:29 PM
Also, almost anyone I know's ability to guess what would happen was thrown off by Blackwing's vision.

squiremarcus
2010-12-07, 08:31 PM
I honestly don't see anything evil they could do with the gate even if they took control of it. I mean both redclocks and xykons plans would no longer work as far as the portals go

fizzybobnewt
2010-12-07, 08:32 PM
Don't we all...

Well, if Xykon releases the Snarl, either: he will control it and take over the world, unless OOTS still have a chance to stop him at this point. Xykon: wins. Redcloak: Xykon will probably dispose of him now that he controls the Snarl. Dark One: His goals are severely set back, with Redcloak dead and Xykon in control. Of course, whatever happens we can be pretty much certain that OOTS will beat Xykon in the end. Other possibility: The Snarl eats kills Xykon and everyone else, and possibly several more gods. Also not likely, as it involves everyone dying. Xykon: dead. Redcloak: dead. Dark One: possibly dead, and now without a world full of goblins. What exactly is his goal, again?

squiremarcus
2010-12-07, 08:50 PM
Don't we all...

Well, if Xykon releases the Snarl, either: he will control it and take over the world, unless OOTS still have a chance to stop him at this point. Xykon: wins. Redcloak: Xykon will probably dispose of him now that he controls the Snarl. Dark One: His goals are severely set back, with Redcloak dead and Xykon in control. Of course, whatever happens we can be pretty much certain that OOTS will beat Xykon in the end. Other possibility: The Snarl eats kills Xykon and everyone else, and possibly several more gods. Also not likely, as it involves everyone dying. Xykon: dead. Redcloak: dead. Dark One: possibly dead, and now without a world full of goblins. What exactly is his goal, again?

but xykon could never control the snarl for one thing, and the snarl doesn't even appear to exist anymore anyway following blackwing looking inside the portal

Felixc-91
2010-12-07, 08:57 PM
all i can really tell you is that this will depend massively on what Blackwing's information means. the snarl could have been fundamentally changed by the creation of the gates, as an example. maybe the world seen was its creation(although that option dose sound like a long shot). perhaps the rift is functioning like some sort of permanent portal to another plan for some reason, perhaps it is an effect of the fact that the snarl's prison planet exists in multiple coterminous dimensions (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0275.html), so breaching the boundary of one breaches the boundaries of the other dimensions. also coterminous (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/coterminous). and there are probably more options i haven't thought of to boot. each one having its own connotation.

martianmister
2010-12-08, 02:58 AM
but xykon could never control the snarl for one thing, and the snarl doesn't even appear to exist anymore anyway following blackwing looking inside the portal

So, then he can't really won, right?

blueblade
2010-12-08, 03:09 AM
Spoilers from Start of Darkness

We've known that since the prequel books though, right? He's been operating under false information from the start. The fact that it's even more false than redcloak knows hardly matters from that perspective.

Also, don't forget the Redcloak's plan doesn't actually involve using the gates, merely having the dark one threaten to do so. It's all a bluff, and as far as we know, the gods may have no idea what's inside the gates.

Felixc-91
2010-12-08, 03:35 AM
So, then he can't really won, right? we don't know that for sure. there is evidence to suggest that X has tusiko working on reverse engineering the spell(s) involved in controlling the gate. if she succeeds, the rules get completely rewritten. they could potentially re-purpose the spell to their purposes.

Gandariel
2010-12-08, 05:37 AM
SOD spoiler

Even if Xykon managed to seize one of the gates, the control of the gate would pass immediately to the Dark one, fulfilling his goals (and probably killing Xykon and Redcloak in the process)

but also what Blackwing saw in the rift could mean something.. i don't really know actually...

Kish
2010-12-08, 06:08 AM
SOD spoiler

Even if Xykon managed to seize one of the gates, the control of the gate would pass immediately to the Dark one, fulfilling his goals (and probably killing Xykon and Redcloak in the process)
A number of people's misinterpretation of a scene from Start of Darkness to the contrary, there is no indication that Xykon and Redcloak would be killed by the Dark One's ritual.

Morquard
2010-12-08, 06:21 AM
What will happen if Team Evil reach to gate, before OOTS? Is Xykon going to conquer all earth? Or something bad will happen to earth? Who will be victorious: Redcloak, Xykon or Dark One? I want to know this.

A common theory is that while he passes Girards gate by 1000 feet he will actually go to Serini's gate.
So he gets there, Serini filled the dungeon with the meanest, most powerful monsters she could find. Xykon and Redcloak get eaten by the last guardian. Linear Guild comes, kills the last few HP of that guardian and tries to take over the gate. Thog stumbles into it and merges with the Snarl and becomes a god.

:thog: free icecream for everyone!

Dr.Epic
2010-12-08, 06:28 AM
Who will be victorious: Redcloak, Xykon or Dark One? I want to know this.

From SoD:

Red Cloak tricked Xykon about the Gates in that they can't be controlled the way he thinks. In the end, if they do get a hold of the Gates, the only one who could win would be the Dark One.

hamishspence
2010-12-08, 06:53 AM
However, if the Dark One wins,
and successfully carries off his extortion plot against the other gods, Redcloak wins too.

And even Xykon might get a "cushy job in the new goblin nation"-
if the seizing of the gate doesn't go wrong,

and if the Dark One is willing to reward Xykon for his help and overlook all the goblins he killed in the process.

Chaos rising
2010-12-08, 07:17 AM
I don't think it will be a huge problem if team evil reaches the gate first. Even if girard doesn't have some epic illusion protecting it (like dorukan's sigils) Xykon stated in "war and XP" that the rituals to warp the gate would take several weeks to complete.

Dalek-K
2010-12-08, 07:50 AM
A common theory is that while he passes Girards gate by 1000 feet he will actually go to Serini's gate.
So he gets there, Serini filled the dungeon with the meanest, most powerful monsters she could find. Xykon and Redcloak get eaten by the last guardian. Linear Guild comes, kills the last few HP of that guardian and tries to take over the gate. Thog stumbles into it and merges with the Snarl and becomes a god.

:thog: free icecream for everyone!

Plllleease create a fan-comic showing this!!!!

Heksefatter
2010-12-08, 10:15 AM
If Xykon won as in "becoming ruler of the world through using the snarl or threatening to do so" my guess is that he would manage everything so miserably that the world descended into such chaos that he couldn't really rule it.

I doubt that Xykon will win, though. I doubt that quite sincerely.

Da'Shain
2010-12-08, 12:45 PM
Although Xykon has indeed had the wool pulled over his eyes, he's taking steps (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0700.html) to actually gain information about the ritual himself. This won't necessarily lead to him discovering that the ritual will grant the Dark One control over the gates, not the casters of the ritualbut if it does, I would bet on him finding some way to pervert it to his own ends. That is a pretty common trope, after all, of the true villain continually fooling or controlling the lesser villains' plans in such a way as to benefit himself, and Xykon has already shown that he is perfectly capable of throwing off Redcloak's plans when he puts his mind to it.

factotum
2010-12-08, 01:50 PM
Where is this "Earth" place that Xykon might end up conquering? It doesn't exist in the Stickverse... :smallsmile:

Thanatosia
2010-12-08, 03:23 PM
Where is this "Earth" place that Xykon might end up conquering? It doesn't exist in the Stickverse... :smallsmile:
Rich may have made a big mistake in leaving such an open 4th wall to a story where villains could achieve so much power potentially. We might want to let the UN know of the possible threat!

Chaos rising
2010-12-08, 04:38 PM
Actually word of god (the giant) has said multiple times that the world in the snarl is NOT earth.

ShiningStarling
2010-12-08, 06:27 PM
Actually word of god (the giant) has said multiple times that the world in the snarl is NOT earth.
tru dat, which is a relief, cause that would be anticlimactic

free icecream for everyone!
surprisingly, i don't find this unfeasible, except for the thog-god part.
also if anything, it will be the linear guild that dies and xykon that wins, though how the IFCC will play into it all i am unsure.

Zmflavius
2010-12-08, 10:40 PM
surprisingly, i don't find this unfeasible, except for the thog-god part.
also if anything, it will be the linear guild that dies and xykon that wins, though how the IFCC will play into it all i am unsure.

I think it's been mentioned that the Linear Guild is being manipulated by the IFCC into doing their dirty work for them. IIRC, when the IFCC monologues their plot to Qarr, it turns out to be nothing more than just causing chaos and warfare.

ShiningStarling
2010-12-09, 03:43 PM
I think it's been mentioned that the Linear Guild is being manipulated by the IFCC into doing their dirty work for them. IIRC, when the IFCC monologues their plot to Qarr, it turns out to be nothing more than just causing chaos and warfare.
well, yes, though specifically they want OTHER PEOPLE to have chaos and warfare, long enough for them to get things together