PDA

View Full Version : PF Cavalier Supreme Charge+Spirited Charge?

Shinigaze
2010-12-07, 10:04 PM
Ok so I have a question about the cavalier. At 20th level the cavalier gets

Supreme Charge (Ex)

At 20th level, whenever the cavalier makes a charge attack while mounted, he deals double the normal amount of damage (or triple if using a lance). In addition, if the cavalier confirms a critical hit on a charge attack while mounted, the target is stunned for 1d4 rounds. A Will save reduces this to staggered for 1d4 rounds. The DC is equal to 10 + the cavalier’s base attack bonus.

Then there is the combat feat

Spirited Charge (Combat)

Your mounted charge attacks deal a tremendous amount of damage.

Prerequisites: Ride 1 rank, Mounted Combat, Ride-By Attack.

Benefit: When mounted and using the charge action, you deal double damage with a melee weapon (or triple damage with a lance).

Now by the reading it doesn't restrict either by saying the damage doesn't stack, so what I was wondering was if there was some rule that I don't know about that stops these two from being used together and making a very strong charger build in pathfinder.

Mojo_Rat
2010-12-07, 10:08 PM
i think you would do x3 damage with both, and x4 on a crit.

Tael
2010-12-07, 10:08 PM
What?!? At 20th level the Cavalier gets a slighter better version of a feat you can take at 1st level? That terribly broken! Next you're going to say that Spirited Charge stacks with wielding a lance!

Shinigaze
2010-12-08, 12:55 AM
I'm confused by the sarcasm, I don't know what you're trying to get at, but if you're confused I was trying to ask if the ability and the feat stacked damage together. Like for instance if you had both would it multiply the damage by 3(with a lance) and then multiply the damage by 3 again effectively getting a x6 to damage or is there a rule that I haven't read that says that these two abilities can't be used together.

Morithias
2010-12-08, 01:10 AM
I'm confused by the sarcasm, I don't know what you're trying to get at, but if you're confused I was trying to ask if the ability and the feat stacked damage together. Like for instance if you had both would it multiply the damage by 3(with a lance) and then multiply the damage by 3 again effectively getting a x6 to damage or is there a rule that I haven't read that says that these two abilities can't be used together.

The rules of multiplying goes that it is multiplied from the base damage.

For example a x3 does (Base damage) plus (double base)

both times, but you don't add the base twice, you reduce each multiplier by one each time.

So you would do x5 damage with that combo.

Shinigaze
2010-12-08, 01:19 AM
Ok cool, thanks. Now the only question is why Tael seemed to be so offended at my question that he needed to reply so sarcastically.

Morithias
2010-12-08, 04:39 AM
Ok cool, thanks. Now the only question is why Tael seemed to be so offended at my question that he needed to reply so sarcastically.

It's typing, it's VERY hard to realize when someone is being serious or sarcastic.

Oh and one more thing.

If you score a crit with a x2 weapon, it will only increase it one more x to 6x. I believe this is a tiny rule in the back of the PHB that few people have ever actually had to use. We're talking page 300 index area.

Or you could just google the srd, probably easier. lol

Good.

Oh and name the Cavalier Eric and see if anyone gets the reference.

Sir Swindle89
2010-12-08, 08:29 AM
Due to the awsomeness of multiplication in D&D they stack but it's wierd.

x2= +100% base damage
x3= +200% base damage
x4= +300% base damage

useing both and a lance you would get
+100% from the class feature
+100% from feat
+100% from useing a lance (we'll assume the lance parts are reminders of the lance's inherent quality)

so +300% damage which is x4 base damage.

Morithias
2010-12-08, 03:37 PM
Due to the awsomeness of multiplication in D&D they stack but it's wierd.

x2= +100% base damage
x3= +200% base damage
x4= +300% base damage

useing both and a lance you would get
+100% from the class feature
+100% from feat
+100% from useing a lance (we'll assume the lance parts are reminders of the lance's inherent quality)

so +300% damage which is x4 base damage.

He's right, I added the lance multiplier twice. My mistake! lol

Shinigaze
2010-12-09, 12:46 AM
Ok, well thanks for all the help!! It looks like I was doing my calculations wrong at first but now I know what to do thanks to all your help.