PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) A thread for characters I'm making.

Agrippa
2010-12-08, 12:46 AM
Since I don't know quite what else to do here while I'm working on revising the Tarrasque so I'll just post up a few potential PCs or NPCs for anyone who wants to use them. Now I'm using my own homebrew multiclassing rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9737591#post9737591) found here if anyone is interested. If you have a character request of your own just post it in this thread.

Rules for this thread.

My personal multiclassing rules as detailed in the linked post.
Races and feat progression as Pathfinder.
All feats that grant a +1 or +2 bonus scale with character level.
If you want a character that uses materal that I'm not familiar with (like Magic of Incarnum or Tome of Magic) then please help me out while making that part of the stat block. At the very least make detailed suggestions on what choices I should make.

By the way I'm taking the liberty of making up 12 sample characters to act as examples and inspiration. This doesn't mean I won't take requests until I'm done with all of them.

#1. Anastasia Moreau

Appearance: Anasatasia is a pettite (5'1" tall 101 lbs.) young woman with just below soulder length dark-brown hair and an athletic build. Her lightly-tanned skin is virtually unblemishled, with only a single small mole inbetween her left cheek and left ear. Anastasia also has prominently-lidded hazel eyes over which she typically wears a pair of almond-shaped reading glasses with blue copper frames. In general Anastasia is very pretty and attractive young woman, if rather short.
Personality: Friendly and outgoing miss Moreau is often well-liked by those she meets. Anastasia is also very kind as well as slow and hard to anger. Of course if you do anger her then pray that the gods help you, unless there's a pretty good chance you can curb stomp this loud mouthed 23 year-old woman. And Anastasia isn't above recuiting people to help beat punks she doesn't like. Even if it means paying them to help her. This combined generousity of spirit and zeal for justice fuels miss Moreau's curiosity in the fields of arcane science, occult lore and martial training.
Background: {more later}

Anastasia Moreau (CR {CR})
Neutral Good medium humanoid (human)
Class Wizard 6, Archivist 5, Swordsage 5
Character Level 7th, experience points: 74,749

(+2 Dex, 5+ Armor, +4 Wis)
HP 42 (5d8+1d4+12 HD); DR none
Immune none; Resist none; Weak none
Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +9
SR none
SQ Discipline Focus (Weapon Focus and insightful strike with Black Rain), Dark Knowledge, Loremastery and Still Mind.
Ranged +6 or +4/+2, 2d4+1 points of damage
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft./10 ft.
BAB +3; Grp +3
Attack Options
Maneuvers: Blossom of Iron Petals, Azure Battle Mandala, Deceitful Dance, Insightful Strike, Claw at the Moon, Soaring Raptor Strike, Shocking Blade; wizard and archivist spells. Can ready up to six maneuvers.
Wizard Spells typically prepared: 0-light, detect magic, mage hand and ghost sound
1st-obscuring mist, ray of enfeeblement, feather fall or comprehend languages and mage armor
2nd-blur, levitate, blur and glitterdust
3rd-magic circle against evil, summon monster III and wind wall or dispel magic
Archivist Spells prepared: 0-purify food and drink, create water, detec poison and guidence
1st-deathwatch, entropic shield, cure light wounds x2 and remove fear
2nd-augury, cure moderate wounds, remove paraylsis x2
3rd-sepak with the dead and remove disease x2
Wizard spells: 0-all core: 1st-mage armor, obscuring mist, comprehend languages, burning hands, ray of enfeeblement, feather fall, identify, shield: 2nd-continual flame, blur, levitate, glitterdust: 3rd-dispel magic, magic cicle against evil, summon monster III, wind wall 32 1/2/100 pages used.
Archivist spells: 0-all core: 1st-bless, bless water, cure light wounds, deathwatch, entropic shield, remove fear, sanctuary, shield of faith, cause fear: 2nd-augury, gentle repose, remove paralysis, cure moderate wounds (base of 3d8+3 up to 3d8+15 instead of core standard): 3rd-speak with the dead, remove disease 27 1/2/100 spells.
Special Actions
Maneuvers: Gather the Storm, Graceful Instinct, Mind Over Body.
Maneuvers Known: Gather the Storm, Blossom of Iron Petals, Azure Battle Mandala, Deceitful Dance, Graceful Instinct, Insightful Strike, Mind Over Body, Claw at the Moon, Soaring Raptor Strike, Shocking Blade
Stances Known: Blood in the Water, Storm's Blessing, Leaping Dragon Stance
Combat Gear +3 glamoured leather armor, +1 spear, two +1 pistol revolvers, 30 bullets, two kukri
Treasure: +3 glamoured leather armor, +1 spear, two +1 pistol revolvers, 30 bullets, two kukri, adventurer's sash, outfits (artisan's, cold-weather, explorer and hot weather), cleats, masterwork backpack, waterproof bag, bedroll, winter blanket, three flasks, ten foot pole, two scabards, 10 sacks, area map, four traveling spellbooks, stationary, 4 inkpens, 10 1 oz. vials of ink, portrait book, spell component pouch, magnifying glass, alchemist's kit, abacus: 4,097 gold pieces, 3 silver pieces and 3 copper pieces left.
Skills Knowledge (religion) rank 7 (Bonus: +12), Knowledge (arcana) rank 7 (Bonus: +10), Knowledge (dungeoneering) rank 4 (bonus: +7), Knowledge (history) rank 6 (Bonus: +9), Concentration rank 3 (Bonus: +5), Craft (alchemy) rank 7 (Bonus: +12), Balance rank 2 (Bonus: +4), Jump rank 8 (Bonus: +8), Intimidate rank 7 (Bonus: +8), Perform (dance) rank 8 (Bonus: +10), Spot rank 7 (Bonus: +11), Decipher Script rank 7 (Bonus:
+15), Move Silently rank 6 (Bonus: +8), Hide rank 3 (Bonus: +5), Spellcraft rank 4 (Bonus: +7)
Scribe Scroll (Wizard bonus): Anastasia can create a scroll of any spell that she knows. Scribing a scroll takes one day for each 1,000 gp in its base price. The base price of a scroll is its spell level × its caster level × 25 gp. To scribe a scroll, Anastasia must spend 1/25 of this base price in XP and use up raw materials costing one-half of this base price.

Any scroll that stores a spell with a costly material component or an XP cost also carries a commensurate cost. In addition to the costs derived from the base price, Anastasia must expend the material component or pay the XP when scribing the scroll.
Dodge (racial bonus): During Anastasia's action, she can designate two opponents and receive a +2 dodge bonus to Armor Class or Reflex saves against attacks from that opponent. She can select new opponents on any action.

A condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses. Also, dodge bonuses stack with each other, unlike most other types of bonuses.
Eschew Materials: Anastasia can cast any spell that has a material component costing 1 gp or less without needing that component. (The casting of the spell still provokes attacks of opportunity as normal.) If the spell requires a material component that costs more than 1 gp, she must
have the material component at hand to cast the spell, just as normal.
Improved Initiative: Anastasia a +4 bonus on initiative checks.
Skill Focus (Decipher Script): Anastasia gains a +3 bonus on all Decipher Script checks.
Adaptive Style: Anastasia can change her readied maneuvers at any time with a full-round action.
Enlarge Spell (Wizard Bonus): Anastasia can alter a spell with a range of close, medium, or long to increase its range by 100%. An enlarged spell with a range of close now has a range of 50 ft. + 5 ft./level, while medium-range spells have a range of 200 ft. + 20 ft./level and long-range spells have a range of 800 ft. + 80 ft./level. An enlarged spell uses up a spell slot one level higher than the spell’s actual level.

Spells whose ranges are not defined by distance, as well as spells whose ranges are not close, medium, or long, do not have increased ranges.
Two-Weapon Fighting: Anastasia's penalties on attack rolls for fighting with two weapons are reduced. The penalty for Anastasia's primary hand lessens by 2 and the one for her off hand lessens by 6. See the Two-Weapon Fighting special attack.
Combat Reflexes: Anastasia may make a number of additional attacks of opportunity equal to her Dexterity bonus. In this case two.

With this feat, Anastasia may also make attacks of opportunity while flat-footed.
Dark knowledge (tactics) 4/day: When fighting against supernatural horrors and upon a suitable Knowledge check Anastasia knows the general combat behaviors of creatures of that race, granting her allies a +1 bonus on attack rolls made against them. For example, if Anastasia was confronted by corruption eaters and succeeded on her Knowledge (dungeoneering) check she would grant her allies the attack bonus against all the corruption eaters they fought in that encounter. If Anastasia succeeds on her Knowledge check by 10 or more, then this bonus increases to +2. If Anastasia succeeds on her Knowledge check by 20 or more, then this bonus increases to +3.
Lore mastery: Anastasia has a +2 bonus on all Decipher Script checks and on all checks of Knowledge (religion).
Still mind: Anastasia a +2 bonus on saving throws against spells and effects from the school of enchantment, due to her rigorous focus and intense mental discipline.
Dark knowledge 4/day (puissance): Anastasia can use her dark knowledge to help her allies fight off the corrupting influence of other creatures. Allies within 60 feet of Anastasia gain a +1 bonus on saving throws against the affected creature's abilities. If Anastasia succeeds on her
Knowledge check by 10 or more, this bonus increases to +2. If she succeeds on her Knowledge check by 20 or more, this bonus increases to +3.
Discipline Focus (Weapon Focus): Anastasia has the benefit of the Weapon Focus for all Black Rain Related weapons.
Discipline Focus (insightful strike): Anastasia adds her Wisdom bonus of +4 to all attacks with Black Rain related weapons.

Agrippa
2010-12-08, 12:47 AM
#2. Prince Volkard Sabine III

In a darkened room, illuminated only faint candle light there is a tall pale man clad in midnight blue robes kneeling in the floor. Spread out before him are tomes ancient elven lore, scrolls detailing powerful charms and enchantments and texts on supernatural creatures, even going into demonology and theology (in this case study of the gods) along with a sword of purest black. Here Prince Volkard studies his occult libriams and begins the painstaking process of intoning certain mystical formulas into his mind, all but completing these spells. Then without turning to face you he but whispers, "Say your peace and tell me what you seek now or take flight. Otherwise I doubt I would have any reason to stay my blade."

Appearance: Tall and frail are the words that best describe Volkard's frame. 5'11" and 124 lbs. he's rather gaunt and thin for his height, even by his own race's standard. His face gently tapers down to a slightly pointed chin and his features are delicate, but not altogether feminine. His back length milk-white hair and pallid skin gives Prince Volkard an appearance of age beyond what is truly his own. In other words yes, he's basically an Elric expy.
Personality: He can be kind or cruel as it suits him or his goals. He can betray an ally, countryman or his own kin if he thought it useful. Volkard would be willing to kill, maim and torture to prevent a greater evil from happening. In fact the prince could do a great number of things that would shock those meet him. But he does have his limits. Prince Volkard will not tolerate rape or pointless slaughter. While he may be willing to put an entire city to the torch simply to catch one evil doer, Volkard will only permit such destruction until the villain was apprehended or when the hunt proved fruitless. Nor would he target any sections or quarters he knows that his quarry has either abandoned or not entered at all. And Prince Volkard would never betray a friend or loved one lightly.
Background:

Prince Volkard Sabine III (CR {CR})
{alignment} medium humanoid (elf)
Class or classes Warblade 13 (328,302), Archivist 12 (344,280), Binder 16 (911,971) Character Level 16, Experience Points: 1,595,151

({ac details})
HP {hp} ({HD} HD); DR {DR}
Immune {immune} Resist {resist} Weak {will}
Fort {fort} Ref {ref} Will {will}
SR {sr}
SQ {sq}
Ranged {ranged}
Space {ft.} ft.; Reach {ft.} ft./{ft.} ft.
BAB {bab}; Grp {grapple bonus}
Attack Options {attack options}
Special Actions {special actions}
Combat Gear {gear}
Treasure: {treasure}
Feat 3: {feat 3 description}
Feat 4: {feat 4 description}
Feat 5: {feat 5 description}
Feat 6: {feat 6 description}
Feat 7: {feat 7 description}
Feat 8: {feat 8 description}
Feat 9: {feat 9 description}
Feat 10: {feat 10 description}
Feat 11: {feat 11 description}
Feat 12: {feat 12 description}
Feat 13: {feat 13 description}
Feat 14: {feat 14 description}
Feat 15: {feat 15 description}
Feat 16: {feat 16 description}
Feat 17: {feat 17 description}
Elven Magic: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition, elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft skill checks made to identify the properties of magic items.
Keen Senses: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on all Search, Spot and Listen skill checks.
Weapon Familiarity: Elves are proficient with longbows (including composite longbows), longswords, rapiers, and shortbows (including composite shortbows), and treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon.
Languages: Elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. Elves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Celestial, Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
Ability 7: {ability 7 description}
Ability 8: {ability 8 description}
Ability 9: {ability 9 description}
Ability 10: {ability 10 description}
Ability 11: {ability 11 description}
Ability 12: {ability 12 description}
Ability 13: {ability 13 description}

Agrippa
2010-12-08, 12:49 AM
#3 Elizabeth Murry, chosen one

Agrippa
2010-12-08, 12:51 AM
Reserved for #4.

Agrippa
2010-12-08, 12:52 AM
Reserved for #5.

Agrippa
2010-12-08, 12:54 AM
Reserved for #6.

Agrippa
2010-12-08, 12:55 AM
Reserved for #7.

Agrippa
2010-12-08, 12:56 AM
Reserved for #8.

Agrippa
2010-12-08, 12:57 AM
Reserved for #9.

Agrippa
2010-12-08, 12:58 AM
Reserved for #10.

Agrippa
2010-12-08, 12:59 AM
Reserved for #11.

Agrippa
2010-12-08, 01:00 AM
Reserved for #12.

Agrippa
2010-12-10, 03:07 AM
I've just finished most of the flavor text for the second character, basically something of an Elric expy and I'll start taking requests as soon as I type up the flavor text for the twelve sample characters. Now I just can't come up with a background for either of these two.