PDA

View Full Version : Question: Druidic Avenger/Simple (nature) Bard

SylvanPrincess
2010-12-08, 02:53 AM
Ive always wanted to try a druidic avenger (UA) as a class, but never have, and i was going down thru this handy page and saw the simple bard variant that grants an Animal companion (as druid), nature sense (as druid), resist nature's lure (as druid), wild empathy (as druid). is there anything to do with this combo that would be worth it?

arcane heirophant? it specifically says you add your druid level to your arcane heirophant level to determine the abilities of your animal companion. it also says you may retain any one animal companion that you possess. nowhere does it say it has to be an animal companion of a druid.

can i interpret this like this? is it possible to add my level to my ArcHeiro level to determine the abilities of my bard animal companion? (it states is animal companion as a druid). this build would have sublime chord in it as well to get 9th level arcane spells

SRD Unearthed Arcana
http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/unearthedCoreClass.html#druidic-avenger

Tvtyrant
2010-12-08, 03:29 AM
I highly doubt it with the rage part, but you can use Fochlucan Lyrist and Arcane heirophant together to get 9's in both I believe. You need evasion for the Lyrist though, so either Shadowdancer or Rogue. There don't appear to be any classes that get evasion while improving either's spell casting.

SylvanPrincess
2010-12-08, 03:42 AM
I highly doubt it with the rage part, but you can use Fochlucan Lyrist and Arcane heirophant together to get 9's in both I believe. You need evasion for the Lyrist though, so either Shadowdancer or Rogue. There don't appear to be any classes that get evasion while improving either's spell casting.

yeah i dont think i want to take 2 levels of rogue to get evasion on this, and would the act of taking said 2 levels knock me out of 9th level spell range?

even so, i want to do druidic avenger and nature bard, with the AH to increase arcane and divine spells , wildshape and animal companion. the level of sublime chord makes it so that arcane heirophant levels up sublime chords spells list, essentially a bard with 9th level spells, with an animal companion-familiar, can wildshape, and rage (maybe 2wice a day). also has fast movement +10

Tvtyrant
2010-12-08, 03:45 AM
Just add MT at the end of the Hierophant levels and you get the spellcasting. It isn't as good as the lyrcist as it doesn't increase class features, but it will net you the level 9 spells. There are actually 4 different PrC's that increase both arcane and divine that you could use here, but Geomancer is useless to you. So AH+MT=win.

SylvanPrincess
2010-12-08, 03:51 AM
Just add MT at the end of the Hierophant levels and you get the spellcasting. It isn't as good as the lyrcist as it doesn't increase class features, but it will net you the level 9 spells. There are actually 4 different PrC's that increase both arcane and divine that you could use here, but Geomancer is useless to you. So AH+MT=win.

i like that idea, but that would only increase bard spells to level 6 (max), when if i did the level (or 2) of sublime chord, i get a separate spell list, chosen from wiz/sorc spell list, OR the bard list, so i get both, and up to ninth level. its possible i could do MT at the very end, but my dm is barely letting me use 2 base classes and 2 prcs, he wanted us to stick to 3 classes total.

thanks for going over this with me :)

Tvtyrant
2010-12-08, 04:39 AM
i like that idea, but that would only increase bard spells to level 6 (max), when if i did the level (or 2) of sublime chord, i get a separate spell list, chosen from wiz/sorc spell list, OR the bard list, so i get both, and up to ninth level. its possible i could do MT at the very end, but my dm is barely letting me use 2 base classes and 2 prcs, he wanted us to stick to 3 classes total.

thanks for going over this with me :)

No problem :D

So your going to be taking Bard all the way to 9 and dropping the end of Druid then; not a bad plan for spell casting, though it means you won't be getting T-rex shapes anytime this side of epic. Oh well, you get full sorc casting as a Dire Bear, can't really complain :P

SylvanPrincess
2010-12-08, 12:29 PM
No problem :D

So your going to be taking Bard all the way to 9 and dropping the end of Druid then; not a bad plan for spell casting, though it means you won't be getting T-rex shapes anytime this side of epic. Oh well, you get full sorc casting as a Dire Bear, can't really complain :P

ive never been one to go for optimized things if i thought them unfair. like a t rex for instance lol, there arent any dinosaurs in his world. now, if there was a way to get sneak attack and evasion in there, could do daggerspell shaper on top of it at, but i like the 4 class build here. you never answered the OP tho, on whether or not i can level my animal companion with arcane heirophant, IF i enter it as a simple (nature) bard