PDA

View Full Version : Feedback? FAQ? Links? Encoding?

monosandal
2010-12-08, 03:33 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm new here, not a very active forumer by the nature of my profession, but I've been itching with these very eloquent one-word questions:
1. Feedback? Id est, if I were to find a typo somewhere in the website, where would I report that?
2. FAQ? I recently read the FAQ and it seems rather out-dated, which leads me to:
3. Links? If I'm not mistaken, a Links section is mentioned in the FAQ.
(I'd love to know what webcomics, for example, the Giant's taste would embrace.)
4. Encoding? All sorts of punctuation tend to show as ".", and I couldn't find an encoding that would stop that from happening.

I did search for these in the fora, but failed to find threads about them. I hope I didn't miss anything.

[Exuberantly worded declaration of undying devotion to the OotS!]

I.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-12-08, 09:11 AM
2. FAQ? I recently read the FAQ and it seems rather out-dated, which leads me to:
Yeah, it’s really out-dated. Doesn’t seem likely to change, unfortunately.

3. Links? If I'm not mistaken, a Links section is mentioned in the FAQ.
(I'd love to know what webcomics, for example, the Giant's taste would embrace.)
Yeah, that’s gone.

4. Encoding? All sorts of punctuation tend to show as ".", and I couldn't find an encoding that would stop that from happening.
The Page Info panel on my browser says it is getting iso-8859-1 (windows-1252) encoding.

monosandal
2010-12-08, 07:13 PM
Hey, thanks!
ISO-8859-1, that's the encoding my Chrome is using, but it doesn't work for the articles and such (the forum is fine). Strange.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-12-09, 09:17 AM
Hm.

Had a bit with Firefox using UTF-8. In which case, the Meta tag in the HTML is wrong. Anyway, “Automatic Selection” works just fine on my usual browser (Opera), so I don’t have any trouble.

Most websites are ISO-8859-1 or UTF-8, so if you have encoding problems, those are the two to try out first.

monosandal
2010-12-10, 08:39 PM
Just to remind the friendly forumers of my first question:

1. Feedback? Id est, if I were to find a typo somewhere in the website, where would I report that?
Thanks for your replies so far.

I.

Roland St. Jude
2010-12-10, 08:43 PM
Just to remind the friendly forumers of my first question:

Thanks for your replies so far.

I.

Sheriff: Typos in the current comic can be noted in the official numbered thread for that comic. But regarding anything else, in the words of the immortal Beatles, let it be. Or PM me if you like.

Other than that, yes, we know the FAQs outdated and some of the links and formatting got messed up in the last software change over.