PDA

View Full Version : PrC for a half-mad venerable dwarf

Kaww
2010-12-08, 01:43 PM
So I'm planing on making a venerable dwarven general. He is on this position for several centuries and thus has become a bit eccentric.

Any suggestions for PrCs? Base class is fighter and he is certain he is a well versed cleric of several major deities (has a collection of holy symbols, relics etc.), which he of course is not. He is a competent leader, but a bit of a loony...

Help?

Keld Denar
2010-12-08, 01:46 PM
Crazy Dwarf? Drunken Master?

Alternatively, Deepwarden is a great PrC for dwarves with decent Con scores (all of them). It doesn't represent much in the way of an unhinged character, but not all mechanics have to be respresented fluff-wise.

If you really want to go off the deep end, splash in some caster levels (or take a late entry partial caster PrC like Suel Arcanamach) and look at Fleshwarper (Lords of Madness) or Alienist (CArcane). Both are treading water at the far end of the loonie pool.

Actually Suel Arcanamach might fit well. They are the kind that would look into ancient secrets brimming with the kind of power that will naturally unnerve even the toughest, stoutest dwarf.

Sir Swindle89
2010-12-08, 01:53 PM
see if you can get your DM to approve the Madness domain, it's... entertaining. Then somthing like that warpriest or deepstone sentinel may be with some ruby knight vindicator.

Kaww
2010-12-08, 01:55 PM
see if you can get your DM to approve the Madness domain, it's... entertaining. Then somthing like that warpriest or deepstone sentinel may be with some ruby knight vindicator.

I am the DM, this is an NPC...

Dr.Epic
2010-12-08, 02:08 PM
Dwarven Defender? But if your going into cleric, Warpriest?

veven
2010-12-08, 02:08 PM
I know you asked for a PRC but a few luck feats from Complete Scoundrel might be cool. He could just mistake his amazing luck for divine favor.

Sir Swindle89
2010-12-08, 02:21 PM
I am the DM, this is an NPC...

Well in that case make him a crusader with Deepstone Sentinel and give him the madness domain ability.

Incanur
2010-12-08, 02:26 PM
You could give him the madness ability derro have. Amusingly enough, madness makes you immune to confusion and similar effects.

Baveboi
2010-12-08, 02:42 PM
Let me see if I got this straight. Loopy dwarf, competent general, thinks he's a cleric of many deities and a powerful fighter? Hummm
You could go with Earth Dreamer. Gets a bunch of eccentric abilities to begin with... many are supernatural and he could show off to PCs saying the gods gave him such powers and do a happy dance or something.
Marshal is always an interesting class to hop in for any kind of tactical leader.

Maybe Dwarven Defender? He could be half-way buried in the ground due to an ogre bull-rushing him and still do his happy dance while he laughs of the monster's effort.

Loremaster is something worth considering. Maybe he went so deep after some kind of forbidden knowledge that he went loopy (or fakes he's loopy to save his own hide, like the old crazy dude from Azure City).

There are possibilities...